Equipment depot gargage

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Jemazar #1 Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 47055 battles
  • [WST] WST

Manage a small amount of gun lane drives/ventilation/gun lane drives,  is simple to manage. You hover your mouse above the selected piece of equipment and you see a list up to 7/8 other vehicles that have it as well. After that it says ...30 more vehicles have this equipment as well. That 30 more is where is see the problem.

But once you own a big collection of tanks 50/100/150/ect you cant filter in the garage or depot on all tanks with "lets say large gunrammer "

I think that WG want people to have a large collection of tanks, these are people who are a big part of the WoT community. So why not help us ALOT with organizing the depot or equipment in the garage ?

Edited by Jemazar, 04 September 2017 - 02:32 AM.

qpranger #2 Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:48 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30751 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

What functionality exactly are you missing? I find it makes more sense to just buy discounted equipment for all tanks and be done with it. Switching stuff between tanks is such a pain no matter what the interface for that is. 

Tankyoumaam #3 Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12224 battles
  • [CLANG] CLANG

Is it possible to switch equipment from one tank to another without paying gold?

Yes it's of topic and most likely wrong forum, but i still wonder...

Spurtung #4 Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:39 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60146 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostTankyoumaam, on 31 August 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

Is it possible to switch equipment from one tank to another without paying gold?

Yes it's of topic and most likely wrong forum, but i still wonder...

Yes, there are 3 pieces of equipment that can do so:

- Camo net

- Toolbox

- Telescopic Binoculars

Quintuss #5 Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25535 battles
  • [DIVA_] DIVA_

I don't see the issue.

A garage-mod shifts Binos/Camo net between the couple of tanks that need them without me having to bother about it, everything else just gets brought at half price and sits around till used (or if i need credits fast just sold back).With typically 4-5 of the common modules (rammers, vents, stabi, GLD) lying around i don't need to mikro-manage anything there.

Jemazar #6 Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 47055 battles
  • [WST] WST

Block Quote

What functionality exactly are you missing? I find it makes more sense to just buy discounted equipment for all tanks and be done with it. Switching stuff between tanks is such a pain no matter what the interface for that is. 

First i want to equip all my tanks with 3 pieces of equipment, Secondly i dont have unlimited credits so i cant buy everything at once. Last but not least even if i have alot of credits to spend i cant see/filter my tanks in such a way that i can find.  example All tanks that need a small/med/large caliber gun rammer.

I dont want to manually go through all 150 tanks.

laulaur #7 Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46450 battles

View Postqpranger, on 31 August 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

I think OP is talking about that list that appears when you hover the cursor over a equipment, that shows you how many of that things you have and on what tanks are mounted. 

If you have more than 10 tanks orr something like that, i think the game can not show all, it shows something like ''and 3 more''.

I agree with you that is much better to just buy equipment at discount, but with Gamescom discounts i got new tanks and no money for new equipment.

unhappy_bunny #8 Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17410 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Items like the Gun Rammer or Gun Layer are only demountable using gold. OK its a small amount but if you keep wanting to demount and move it, then the cost will mount up.

It has to be done manually. There is no short cut as far as I am aware.

Unless you are prepared to pay each time I cannot see any need for being able to search for all tanks with this type of equipment.

If you are talking about Bino's or Cammo nets, then what is the problem with just clicking on equipment and moving the mouse over Bino's? It then tell you if you have one spare in the depot or on which tanks you have them and it is easy to go to that tank, demount it for free and go back to the one you want it on. 

Spurtung #9 Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:32 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60146 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostJemazar, on 31 August 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

First i want to equip all my tanks with 3 pieces of equipment, Secondly i dont have unlimited credits so i cant buy everything at once. Last but not least even if i have alot of credits to spend i cant see/filter my tanks in such a way that i can find.  example All tanks that need a small/med/large caliber gun rammer.

Rammers (and all complex equipment) will cost 10 gold to be demounted so you can apply to a different tank. If you lack the credits, I doubt you have the gold.

Nishi_Kinuyo #10 Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 6985 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostJemazar, on 31 August 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

There's a very useful program that can be downloaded for free that can be a tremendous help with managing all of your tanks and equipment:

It is called: OpenOffice (or LibreOffice).

Spoiler

I use it to keep track of all my horses in Black Desert Online, and I can vouch for it being a most excellent program for such things. :medal:

You can even use it to keep track of your Winrate, Survival Rate, Destruction Ratio, Damage Ratio, Mark of Excellent progression, Damage/Stuns/Etc. per game. You name it, you can track it!

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 01 September 2017 - 11:54 AM.

eldrak #11 Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45844 battles
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO

I agree with thee OP. The function could be more useful.

When buying and equipping new tanks i first mount spare modules I bought on sale for future use.

Then if a module is missing I look at what old tanks I have that I don't see myself playing in the near future with that module.

For some modules (like coated optics) the list can be very long and the function loses its meaning.

I have some 140 tanks in garage and more than half are equipped.

Jemazar #12 Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 47055 battles
  • [WST] WST

Block Quote

I agree with thee OP. The function could be more useful.

When buying and equipping new tanks i first mount spare modules I bought on sale for future use.

Then if a module is missing I look at what old tanks I have that I don't see myself playing in the near future with that module.

For some modules (like coated optics) the list can be very long and the function loses its meaning.

Indeed this is what is mean.

Totally agree with the

Block Quote

250swb #13 Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:02 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20804 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
The problem in the garage isn't so much the equipment you've got, but the equipment you haven't got. I wish there had been a function to stop me entering battle in my new Foch 50B with absolutely no equipment or consumables fitted other than standard ammo. The fact that moments before I had fully fitted out the Foch 155 'accidentally' (well they do look the same) should not be overlooked, but even so I still had plenty of stuff in the depot ready to use.

captainpigg #14 Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30359 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

View PostSpurtung, on 31 August 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

Yes, there are 3 pieces of equipment that can do so:

- Camo net

- Toolbox

- Telescopic Binoculars

Err, can the enhanced toolkit not be removed for free as well?

Spurtung #15 Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:50 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60146 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postcaptainpigg, on 04 September 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

Err, can the enhanced toolkit not be removed for free as well?

Not anymore.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/920-release-announcement/

Block Quote

Improved Equipment

• Improved Equipment can now be demounted only with bonds.
  • The Extended Spare Parts Kit is now a complex Equipment and can be demounted with bonds.
  • When update 9.20 is released, all Improved Equipment will be automatically demounted for free, so that players can re-mount the pieces of Equipment to their liking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users