What did I do wrong?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

komunistu33 #1 Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7551 battles
I'm new to scouting but am trying to complete first set of Personal Missions. Here is my replay http://wotreplays.co...e/3795080#stats, what am I doing wrong, didn't spot too much and lost. Thank you!

Enforcer1975 #2 Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:36 PM

General

• Player
  • 18361 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
12 in your team didn't carry their own weight.

komunistu33 #3 Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7551 battles
How can I fix that, I told them where I'd spot but almost no one fired, and we had 3 arties too.. 

Enforcer1975 #4 Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 18361 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Nothing you can do to control what your team does. You have to adapt to their playstyle. No need to scout ahead when they don't move up, learned it again the hard way today.

Edited by Enforcer1975, 31 August 2017 - 05:13 PM.

Snake_Keeper #5 Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8383 battles

SU-100 went over the lake. You needed that one for the AT 8.

T-34, and M4 Sherman would have also been valuable in all that dueling.

Nobody tried to flank on the castle.

Basically, some of the more valuable members of your team did not follow meta, and your team was too static.

Aikl #6 Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:41 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Looks like a pretty shitty team. Nothing to do about that, really. Tanks sitting on the hill to shoot are rather exposed - and spotting a lot of enemy tanks tend to make them sit and wait for more. Initial spotting can ruin positioning quite a bit. Doesn't happen that often on Erlenberg, though. Try to pay attention next time you're playing Malinovka, that's probably the map where initial spotting ruins the game the most (though a lot of people will camp base regardless).

There's probably nothing you could've done that would've saved the match, but the three tanks that crossed getting wrecked might've been a clue for you to spot the other side. Going for arty when you did was probably a good idea anyway, at least you got something out of the match. :P

(FWIW don't try to do the missions, as they tend to have a fair impact on how you're playing. I find it better to ignore them a bit, though there are a few where the requirements are artificial enough to actually warrant trying for them.)

Edited by Aikl, 31 August 2017 - 04:42 PM.

komunistu33 #7 Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:17 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7551 battles

View PostEnforcer1975, on 31 August 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

Nothing you can do to control what your team does. You have to adapt to their playstyle. No need to send out ahead when they don't move up, learned it again the hard way today.

View PostSnake_Keeper, on 31 August 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

SU-100 went over the lake. You needed that one for the AT 8.

T-34, and M4 Sherman would have also been valuable in all that dueling.

Nobody tried to flank on the castle.

Basically, some of the more valuable members of your team did not follow meta, and your team was too static.

I hate blaming the team because as I've heard that's what bad players do so I gotta assume faults. I stop and think, WWQBD? (what would Quickybaby do) 

View PostAikl, on 31 August 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

Looks like a pretty shitty team. Nothing to do about that, really. Tanks sitting on the hill to shoot are rather exposed - and spotting a lot of enemy tanks tend to make them sit and wait for more. Initial spotting can ruin positioning quite a bit. Doesn't happen that often on Erlenberg, though. Try to pay attention next time you're playing Malinovka, that's probably the map where initial spotting ruins the game the most (though a lot of people will camp base regardless).

There's probably nothing you could've done that would've saved the match, but the three tanks that crossed getting wrecked might've been a clue for you to spot the other side. Going for arty when you did was probably a good idea anyway, at least you got something out of the match. :P

(FWIW don't try to do the missions, as they tend to have a fair impact on how you're playing. I find it better to ignore them a bit, though there are a few where the requirements are artificial enough to actually warrant trying for them.)

This is my last mission, I'm only trying to do it if I get Lakeville, Malinovka, or any other open maps. Yeah, when I saw the team collapsing I decided to abandon spotting and head for arty, too little too late. 

Balc0ra #8 Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62764 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postkomunistu33, on 31 August 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

How can I fix that, I told them where I'd spot but almost no one fired, and we had 3 arties too.. 

If they don't. Then there is no point going there either after you get intel on enemy movement. You should basically keep any eye out on your map. See where you support sits and and camps. And where their line of fire is. Some maps is easier then others. looking at LT-15 replays on youtube etc, might give you some good spotting locations on most maps to try out. There is a guy on youtube called Zeven. He has a few good LT video tutorials in his playlist section on different maps for spotting etc. Not a bad idea to check that out.

Snake_Keeper #9 Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8383 battles

View Postkomunistu33, on 31 August 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

I hate blaming the team because as I've heard that's what bad players do so I gotta assume faults. I stop and think, WWQBD? (what would Quickybaby do) 

Unfortunately the thing is, T-50 is not a vehicle to carry teams. Only so many things you can do in a tank that is the definition of the word "support".

Yes, maybe the people who crossed bridge might have done better if they had a spotter, given the team around the castle was rather static.

But it is far unlikely they would have done anything worthwhile given they went to cross the bridge with just 3 of them in the first place.

It is bad blaming team for your performance, yes. But it doesn't mean you cannot find faults in their behavior. Especially when you play a mere support.

Bordhaw #10 Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9559 battles

View Postkomunistu33, on 31 August 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

I'm new to scouting but am trying to complete first set of Personal Missions. Here is my replay http://wotreplays.co...e/3795080#stats, what am I doing wrong, didn't spot too much and lost. Thank you!

Scouting isnt the same anymore since there are so many light tanks on teams and medium tanks can out spot lights etc. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26618 battles

View Postkomunistu33, on 31 August 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

This is my last mission, I'm only trying to do it if I get Lakeville, Malinovka, or any other open maps. Yeah, when I saw the team collapsing I decided to abandon spotting and head for arty, too little too late. 

Generally you are right that you should always look at yourself first to make sure you didn't do anything dumb before blaming your team, but you are only 1 out of 15 and sometimes your team is just determined to go full donkey. So long as you are sure you providing the best vision you can for your team it's up to them to make use of it and sooner or later you'll get a team that's switched on and will be obliterating tanks as fast as can spot them.

Balc0ra #12 Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62764 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostBordhaw, on 31 August 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

Scouting isnt the same anymore since there are so many light tanks on teams and medium tanks can out spot lights etc. 

Yes and no. But it's that way of thinking that forces most LT at the back. Leaving most of the team blind. That and when most say it like that, makes them sound like they spot next to the people they are spotting for. Most seem to neglect that lights have camo on the move. I usually don't have issues using cover to break LOS and mask my approach to get closer to mediums, then the mediums I'm spotting for. As 400m view range only works on wide open maps. Not when there is a building there every 50m, or half a forest between you and them.

And even so. Lights are usually better at getting early intel then most mediums. As it's not always about keeping them lit.

Edited by Balc0ra, 31 August 2017 - 07:35 PM.

Bigtime_Alarm #13 Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16589 battles

the usual game goes

1) You scout

2) you light up lots of targets

3) your team sits with their thumb up their [edited] 

4) you die

5) your team complains cos nobody spots

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users