Are 3 Tooning Tier10 Unicorns Unbeatable?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22061 battles

So I was thinking(which is a rare and dangerous phenomenon), take random battles, take 3 tooning unicums all using the same tier10 heavy tanks fat with armour, soaked with HP and full the turret hatch with Gold rounds.. Is there ANY way these 3 excellent unicorns can possible lose?

We can use Type5's and Mouses for the example. So that's 15 on each team, 3 of them are tier10, those 3 are tooning unicorns from the same clan and talking to each other throughout each battle while also loaded with gold. How can that lose? Before the battle even gets the MM treatment these guys are already assured of being top tier, the best tanks, excellent communication, gold rounds, excellent players themselves with huge experience on all maps AND being 3 of 15 players at the very least, 20% of the team, themselves, are top tier unicorns in OP gold spamming tanks.. even if the other 12 are total cabbages which is unlikely, they are still going to dominate? Chances are they will get matched with at least 1 or 2 half decent players on their team so how can the other team beat that? Especially given the unlikelihood I dare say, that the team they face will not feature 3 tooning Type5 unicorns also.. so how can that lose?

BTW, is that seal clubbing? and if not why not? 

GaryThomasBolton #2 Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32027 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 31 August 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

So I was thinking(which is a rare and dangerous phenomenon), take random battles, take 3 tooning unicums all using the same tier10 heavy tanks fat with armour, soaked with HP and full the turret hatch with Gold rounds.. Is there ANY way these 3 excellent unicorns can possible lose?

Yep, unicums 'arty'.

Dava_117 #3 Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:14 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19413 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Well... what about a platoon of 183 full AP?

ZlatanArKung #4 Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:15 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
Yes.

Give them 12 useless tomatoes/afkers/team killers or similar, and they will lose to an average (yellow-green) team every time.

CoDiGGo #5 Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14997 battles
  • [NEUR0] NEUR0
3-5 no clue players for their team easy counter 3 unicum power

laulaur #6 Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46580 battles
  • [BLAUR] BLAUR

View PostZlatanArKung, on 31 August 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

Yes.

Give them 12 useless tomatoes/afkers/team killers or similar, and they will lose to an average (yellow-green) team every time.

View PostCoDiGGo, on 31 August 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

3-5 no clue players for their team easy counter 3 unicum power

This.

Never underestimate the power of tomatoes, they can bring the defeat to any player if you add enough of them to the team.

Today i had a game on Airfield that looked good at the start - we had 5-6 green/blue players + some oranges and tomatoes , and the enemy team was mostly yellow, not a single green.

But in the first 2 minutes all my team vanished, except those 5-6 decent/good players. We defended best we could but the amount of enemy tanks and hp pool difference were too big.... 

lord_chipmonk #7 Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33952 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
In the same way that the Titanic was unsinkable. 

HunterXHunter8 #8 Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33424 battles

never underestimate retard, this game is called world of stupid for a reason.

when you have a e100 camping next to arty, you're 100% guaranteed to lose. no matter how many unicums you have

Edited by HunterXHunter8, 31 August 2017 - 09:54 PM.

Coldspell #9 Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19335 battles

All it takes is one 43% tomato sauce master to sabotage the effort of 3 unicums.

Maybe he blocks one unintentionally gets him killed then the other 2 get distracted or even one of them gets distracted and try to block him.. then the tomato opens fire maybe kills 1 more unicum before getting banned... meanwhile the enemy team are actually playing the game.

I would say tomato players on the enemy team are far more OP for your team then any amount of unicums.

commer #10 Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38082 battles

A 3 player t10 unicum platoon also makes mistakes. Also there are no scenarios with 0% probability. You can always win. Even bad teams have 15-20% to win. I remember many times when people whined because there was a Fame, Ideal, Kazna, Santi, 322, RGT or any other top clan on the enemy team and we beat them (though yeah usually we lost more than we won). Maybe we played exceptionally well, maybe they didn't. Also remember that green and blue players arent non unicum because they are worse than unicum on every map. Often what they lack is consistency and adaptability but in perfect scenarios they can shine. 

Look at streams or replay packs from top players like Straik, X3N4, Skill4Ltu or any Fame guys. You will see that even in t10 platoons they can get rolled over. If that wasn't the case some unis would have 100% in some tanks if they wanted. They don't. I've seen 80% (or was it 75%? ) , a few times a bit higher and that seems the limit for super try hard t10 platoon. That's for players who pull 67-70% solo.

DeathMetalDivision #11 Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17804 battles
  • [NLBP] NLBP
And there is always RNG... The tomato hits every snap shot fired on the move, rolls high and the uni misses/bounces, hit tracks etc.

brisha #12 Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15385 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

It's difficult but they will lose about 20% of their battles. Unicums can carry in any tier regardless of what their team mates are like because it's very rare where you will have a good team against them as most of the other team will also be tomatoes.

The time will come though when even they make mistakes or the opposion arty target them etc, but on the whole they will win most times.

Edited by brisha, 31 August 2017 - 10:38 PM.

Blubba #13 Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:18 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53476 battles
  • [_GNR_] _GNR_

Is it seal clubbing?

At the lower tiers, lots of players are new or newish (supposedly) to the game. The same cannot be claimed at tier 10. You are getting beaten by the better player (in the moment), RNG, better team work or a combination of the three so no, it's not seal clubbing.

_EXODUZ_ #14 Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:31 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34979 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Very often good player platoon without any comms, as a result their WR will be lower.

TungstenHitman #15 Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:19 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22061 battles

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 01 September 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

Very often good player platoon without any comms, as a result their WR will be lower.

Undoubtedly a must have for success, I'd totally agree with that. If I ever get some free time and pick up a decent computer I will definitely join a clan with players that insist on using headsets and I would feel that transforms this game into a really great experience with a large fun element to it too. Being able to actually speak with your teammates simply has to give the chance of winning a huge boost. So many times I would be with an unknown teammate in a 2 vs 1 or even 3 vs 1 situation and I would be using a really quick and agile tank like a T54lt so here is my demise, I ASSUME these other teammates are reading off the same page as me and so I right click target and press help which again, I assume is blatantly obvious that I am going to go take on this target, draw his attention which of course opens the door for my teammate to have all that enemy tanks sides without any risk to himself from that enemy at all.. but he just stays camped and watches me take shots and maybe die.. would I have done that if I had known this teammate was a tard? no I wouldnt lol.

So If I was tooning and we had headsets and in full communication it would play out like this

Me- " Ok this Type5 is alone I'm going to flank his right and drawn his turret my way, you got my back?"

Teammate- "Ya I'll put a few in his turret if he doesn't turn and track him too if I can, if he turns back at me I'm back behind cover though ok?"

Me - "Cool, if he turns back at you I'll still have his sides and rear at that point anyway so it's whoever he isn't focused on, ready?"

Teammate- "Yup, roll out"

Me- " OK I'll just do a quick loop back to build up some speed, I don't want to just drive out from a stop start, watch for me race passed you ok lol?"

Teammate- "yup gl!"

And I would be full of confidence and know exactly how that is going to play out pretty much before a single shot is even fired. That's just a lame example of how actually talking to a toon mate can be massively more beneficial that clicking maps and enemies etc and for me, I think that would be really fun also, to talk through a battle and also have a laugh at when after all that talk about how we take out an enemy I catch a rock and roll onto my side or get smashed

Zodiac1960s #16 Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38443 battles
  • [VOMIT] VOMIT
They would probably win 85% of their battles together.  

When I see stuff like that they win nine out of ten times.

brumbarr #17 Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 01 September 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

Undoubtedly a must have for success, I'd totally agree with that. If I ever get some free time and pick up a decent computer I will definitely join a clan with players that insist on using headsets and I would feel that transforms this game into a really great experience with a large fun element to it too. Being able to actually speak with your teammates simply has to give the chance of winning a huge boost. So many times I would be with an unknown teammate in a 2 vs 1 or even 3 vs 1 situation and I would be using a really quick and agile tank like a T54lt so here is my demise, I ASSUME these other teammates are reading off the same page as me and so I right click target and press help which again, I assume is blatantly obvious that I am going to go take on this target, draw his attention which of course opens the door for my teammate to have all that enemy tanks sides without any risk to himself from that enemy at all.. but he just stays camped and watches me take shots and maybe die.. would I have done that if I had known this teammate was a tard? no I wouldnt lol.

So If I was tooning and we had headsets and in full communication it would play out like this

Me- " Ok this Type5 is alone I'm going to flank his right and drawn his turret my way, you got my back?"

Teammate- "Ya I'll put a few in his turret if he doesn't turn and track him too if I can, if he turns back at me I'm back behind cover though ok?"

Me - "Cool, if he turns back at you I'll still have his sides and rear at that point anyway so it's whoever he isn't focused on, ready?"

Teammate- "Yup, roll out"

Me- " OK I'll just do a quick loop back to build up some speed, I don't want to just drive out from a stop start, watch for me race passed you ok lol?"

Teammate- "yup gl!"

And I would be full of confidence and know exactly how that is going to play out pretty much before a single shot is even fired. That's just a lame example of how actually talking to a toon mate can be massively more beneficial that clicking maps and enemies etc and for me, I think that would be really fun also, to talk through a battle and also have a laugh at when after all that talk about how we take out an enemy I catch a rock and roll onto my side or get smashed

Actually, voice com isnt always an advantage, quite often it will lead you to take irrational positions and moves. You try to save your mate who is sayig he is going to die and you help him but lose half your hp in the process. Lowering the chances to win.  Or when someone has a stupid idea, in voice come that often is like' it will be fine', and you do stupid crap. 

It also provides distraction preventing you from fu concentration and to add to that you get much worse MM. 

I win less when i platoon, so 3 tooning unicums arenr going to win as much as you think.

Radu_Korne #18 Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27982 battles
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN
Who the f...k platoons with 2 other unicums... man, that's a recipe for low wn8 xD farming WR is still a thing or what?

niska #19 Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28565 battles

View PostBlind_Hate, on 01 September 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

They would probably win 85% of their battles together.

When I see stuff like that they win nine out of ten times.

Yeap,its true, we have to admit that a 3 uni are very powerfull platoning because they are skilled players but they also spam a lot of especial ammo

Edited by niska, 01 September 2017 - 09:39 AM.

_EXODUZ_ #20 Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34979 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostRadu_Korne, on 01 September 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

Who the f...k platoons with 2 other unicums... man, that's a recipe for low wn8 xD farming WR is still a thing or what?

If you're not trying to 3 mark your tank and pick various classes - it can be fine. Relative easy for each member to do 3k dmg.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users