oi exp update 9.20

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Air_Crew #1 Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:22 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4295 battles

Tank: OI EXP

I woke up to yet another update today only to find that my main tank has been radically downgraded. Where previously it had a 40Kph top speed it now barely achieves 25Kph. And my only useful gun has disappeared. You basically deleted the two modules that make this tank workable. It is now a useless piece of junk that can barely survive 2 minutes on the battlefield.

All this after I invested almost 2K battles training crew for this tank.

So, my question to you is, ON WHICH PLANET AND IN WHICH ALTERNATE REALITY IS IT ACCEPTABLE FOR YOU TO BE SO BELLIGERENT AND DISRESPECTFUL TOWARD YOUR CUSTOMERS?

Oh, and to the little smart alec whose about say something really dumb about my choice of tank. Please do consider that in the next update it could be YOUR main tank that is randomly wrecked and rendered unusable.

Even if I had any inclination to buy a premium tank at a future date, your actions have shown that any vehicle I invest time and money on is subject to radical alteration without any notice. So I basically have no confidence left in the game.

Bye Bye Wot.

Edited by Air_Crew, 01 September 2017 - 04:22 AM.

Deep_Convection #2 Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 853 battles

The OI EXP has been highly overpowered since release.  They needed to nerf it because it wasn't being fair to players who had to face it.

The best tanks of the line are the OI and Type 5 heavy.  You went up a good line.  Your next tank on the line, the OI, is still OP.  Also, the Type 5 heavy at tier 10 is one of the best, most enjoyable tanks in the game right now.  Have you tried it out yet?

leggasiini #3 Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:11 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 3879 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Its still quite nice, just plays completely differently

If you decided to play OP as hell tank and only that then lol. You should have expected this to happen. 10 cm was gamebreaking and it deserved to be removed. 300 alpha is way too much for a tier 5 HT anyways

There are crapton of other tanks...why dont try some others? Thats also why you dont play one and only tank. Variety is one of the best things about this game.

View PostDeep_Convection, on 01 September 2017 - 06:40 AM, said:

The best tanks of the line are the OI and Type 5 heavy.  You went up a good line.  Your next tank on the line, the OI, is still OP.  Also, the Type 5 heavy at tier 10 is one of the best, most enjoyable tanks in the game right now.  Have you tried it out yet?

O-I has been shafted quite many times, though. It can be strong but it is extremely inconstinent. First they nerfed already dreadful reload and mobility, then they indirectly nerfed it with new MM (sees almost no tier 4s, tier 5s are lesser too), and finally they took away its rear armor which was the big reason why it was good. Now its basically hypernerfed KV-2 with armor expect the armor is irrelvant VS +180 pen, aka quite a few tier 7s, 9s and tier 6 gold rounds

Honestly they should have made the O-I tier 7 with higher HP, better mobility (bit better than O-Ni's to compensate armor) and O-Ni's guns (with buffed statistics to again compensate the worse armor). Would have been easier to balance.

Type 5 Heavy is probably one of the most powerful tanks in pubs, though. The 9.20 nerfs did literally nothing to it. I got penned in the new "weakspot" once in 20 battles with a standard round, and given the IS-7 still rolled high he would have had chance to pen it even if it had old thickness

Chopchopchop #4 Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51151 battles
  • [IDI0T] IDI0T

View PostAir_Crew, on 01 September 2017 - 03:22 AM, said:

Even if I had any inclination to buy a premium tank at a future date, your actions have shown that any vehicle I invest time and money on is subject to radical alteration without any notice. So I basically have no confidence left in the game.

Bye Bye Wot.

Which means you have not bought one. I guess you are a free loader too.

Oh dear, someone broke your FREE toy?? Well, Guess you better look for another one then. Good luck!!

tuxun #5 Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20280 battles

View PostChopchopchop, on 01 September 2017 - 08:22 AM, said:

Which means you have not bought one. I guess you are a free loader too.

Oh dear, someone broke your FREE toy?? Well, Guess you better look for another one then. Good luck!!

Cause nobody can buy wg tanks. they still own to wg. I'll never buy a tank for wg have fun with and me not

Chopchopchop #6 Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51151 battles
  • [IDI0T] IDI0T

View Posttuxun, on 01 September 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

Cause nobody can buy wg tanks. they still own to wg. I'll never buy a tank for wg have fun with and me not

You are right! Very smart, only if I am this smart...then I could had lots free toys!!!:deer:

trland #7 Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:08 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12756 battles

View PostDeep_Convection, on 01 September 2017 - 04:40 AM, said:

The OI EXP has been highly overpowered since release.  They needed to nerf it because it wasn't being fair to players who had to face it.

Problem is, when they say 'balancing' they mean overly nerfing a vehicle. Like from hero to zero. Usually after some tank nerfs other tanks take their place and will be OP, than Wg nerfs them too and it goes on bringing a lot of disappointment and whine with each patch..

Xenasys #8 Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10867 battles
  • [BOF] BOF
Bye Air_Crew we miss you already next !!!

Nishi_Kinuyo #9 Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 6429 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

Bye bye sealclubbing stetdpedder, I would've said if you were any good at that tank; and even that you're not.

May you absence be long.

Also; 46,46% hit ratio in his O-I Experimental? :amazed:

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 01 September 2017 - 12:18 PM.

Elhazzared #10 Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19499 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostAir_Crew, on 01 September 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

Tank: OI EXP

I woke up to yet another update today only to find that my main tank has been radically downgraded. Where previously it had a 40Kph top speed it now barely achieves 25Kph. And my only useful gun has disappeared. You basically deleted the two modules that make this tank workable. It is now a useless piece of junk that can barely survive 2 minutes on the battlefield.

All this after I invested almost 2K battles training crew for this tank.

So, my question to you is, ON WHICH PLANET AND IN WHICH ALTERNATE REALITY IS IT ACCEPTABLE FOR YOU TO BE SO BELLIGERENT AND DISRESPECTFUL TOWARD YOUR CUSTOMERS?

Oh, and to the little smart alec whose about say something really dumb about my choice of tank. Please do consider that in the next update it could be YOUR main tank that is randomly wrecked and rendered unusable.

Bye Bye Wot.

While there was notice of it, you are right that the O-I exp was made the purest piece of garbage of all times. It used to be my favorite tier 5, now it's back to the KV-1 where tier 5 is concerned.

The "rebalancing" they did was nothing more than 1 or 2 tanks getting very much needed buffs and all of the rest either getting undeserved buffs or undeserved nerfs. But as always WG just keeps proving patch after patch that they understand nothing about game balance and this is why WoT is in the storry state that it is.

Air_Crew #11 Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4295 battles
Yes, the typical moronic responses from retarded little children who really should be back in school by now. As expected, of course.

battles_atlas #12 Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22564 battles
  • [T4KE] T4KE

View Postleggasiini, on 01 September 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

Its still quite nice

No, no it isn't. Its a boss in tier 3-5 games still, the armour actually helps there. But given the MM puts you bottom tier 80% of the time now its awful- armour counts for nothing against 6s and 7s, and against them youre horrifically slow, with a weak gun, and a massive hitbox. Knock the guy alpha down to 200 by all means, dont just remove the gun and take its speed.

rado84 #13 Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16649 battles
  • [BA3OB] BA3OB

View PostAir_Crew, on 01 September 2017 - 05:22 AM, said:

On the Russian planet.

Chopchopchop #14 Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51151 battles
  • [IDI0T] IDI0T
Ok then , lets see....  2045 so far!!

Edited by Chopchopchop, 01 September 2017 - 06:00 PM.

HELL0WORLD #15 Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2900 battles

I used to play a lot of matches with O-I EXP. Its a fun tank, its huge and powerful but vulnerable because its size and slow maneuverability. The feeling of power still knowing you are defeated pretty easy with good skills made it worthy tank to play. Totally different way of playing than with other tanks, O-I was just different.

Since update 9.20 tank totally went through a transformation, it became slow, powerless and completely lost its fun factor to play. O-I became "average", its 75mm gun is nothing better than any other tier 5 gun, combined even worse maneuverability this tank became useless on battle. Why build a tank with useless weapon?, why build a super heavy tank being under powered compared to its size !? O-I wasn't a tank for everybody, and that's the fun, let people choose the style they play with the style of tank they find interesting.

9.20 changed the playing style, now you are too slow to reach the battle in time, other tier 5 tanks are waaaay ahead of you while you sit behind your keyboard pushin "W" button for ages to reach the battle (25km/h) which you never will before all the tanks are already taken out.
O-I lost also its "respect". Since you lose your power, your speed, you have lost everything. Before when O-I arrived to the battlefield, all tanks took cover, "the boss is here", ever since now, O-I is just "any tank" out there, easily taken out when you just struggle moving your turret trying to catch the bugger on your tail with whopping 150 average damage, it really is a joke on this size tank.

This game should have kept its diversity to choose different tanks for different playing styles and tactics coming along the size, speed and power. O-I lost its speed and power but kept its size and weaknesses becoming totally useless.

I dropped O-I even that I spend hours and hours to trying to learn to use the maps the best way for this super heavy tank. Ever since now, I don't see a point of playing with it, I just pick another one which still might have the fun factor existing.

tuxun #16 Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20280 battles

View PostChopchopchop, on 01 September 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

You are right! Very smart, only if I am this smart...then I could had lots free toys!!!:deer:

Look , a free toy! https://www.youtube....h?v=9EGuzrcMjLE

HELL0WORLD #17 Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2900 battles

View PostDeep_Convection, on 01 September 2017 - 05:40 AM, said:

Balancing!?! Why tanks should be balanced? All tanks have their weaknesses and strengths. O-I suffered mobility and its huge hitbox, its only strenght was it had a powerful gun. OI was challenging since it wasn't easy to battle with.

There isn't "overpowered", it is its character and balancing should happen in your head, find a way to defeat something stronger than you, learn to adapt to different tank combinations and choose a tank you find comfortable to battle with.

Wot is so called balanced which means they made everything flat, all guns are similar, all tanks are brought more similar to each other and then the game looses its diversity. When you could choose a tank for a purpose, now the game offers you nothing new to experience. That was the fun, to find different tanks with different strengths and weaknesses and master them properly. Now it just came booring. They will soon find out that one of the most recognisable tanks is wrecked and players leaving OI to find something they did not ruin yet.

Homer_J #18 Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25605 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAir_Crew, on 01 September 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

Bye Bye Wot.

By bye seal clubber.

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 01 September 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

2084 already.  Another failed quitter.

jakobgrimminger #19 Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30678 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6
I'm another Oi Exp driver that is left with a crap tank after investing a lot of time getting my crew skills better. Yes the OI Exp is overpowered since it was released. The ironic thing is that they nerf the crap out of most tanks saying they are slightly overpowered, but then bring in the hugely overpowered Foch B that can do about 3000 damage in 10 seconds. They took my WT E-100 from me and now bring in a tank which is just so unbelievably overpowered, if u don't have one its now pointless playing tier 10

Nishi_Kinuyo #20 Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:00 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 6429 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

Foch will likely be nerfed as well in about 1-2 years time.

And O-I Experimental was more than "slightly" overpowered.

Also tagged with oi, exp, update, 9.20

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users