Is this a joke?

oi exp update 9.20

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Fewt #21 Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3726 battles
The OI-exp reminds me of the good ol' days of the KV-1S. Ridiculous overpowered tank and the getting matched with a 3-man unicum platoon. Yeah no, thanks.

battles_atlas #22 Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:14 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22564 battles
  • [T4KE] T4KE

Its actually irrelevant whether or not the OI Exp was OP before (it was, but not epically, it was just OP in a really easy way. Waffletractor was far more OP, but took skill to use it).

What is relevant is what has happened to the OI Exp now. Its terrible. I think the basic problem is WG have turned it into a generic superheavy, which is to say all it has going for it is armour. The problem is its not a tier X, where it's armour is guaranteed to not be outgunned. It's a tier V and - especially with the new MM - guaranteed to face a lot of tanks which negate its armour. If you are going to have a super heavy below tier IX it should have preferential MM. Otherwise, it either absolutely dominates everything tier III-V, or it gets rendered completely worthless against VI & VII. With no speed and huge size, and now low alpha, it has absolutely no strategy to offer against higher tiers. Lights, meds, even heavies have some hope of flanking, or making themselves difficult targets. Not an option with the new generic super heavy OI Exp.

I don't know what's worse - that WG don't know their own game enough to recognise this, or they do, but just don't give a ****.

battles_atlas #23 Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22564 battles
  • [T4KE] T4KE
Well well well - I've played 5 games in the OI Exp tonight and 2 as top tier, 3 tier VI. And this is in a platoon - before we were in a tier VII most games.  Either we're very lucky tonight or they  have changed the MM?

nagje #24 Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14240 battles

View PostAir_Crew, on 01 September 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

Tank: OI EXP

I woke up to yet another update today only to find that my main tank has been radically downgraded. Where previously it had a 40Kph top speed it now barely achieves 25Kph. And my only useful gun has disappeared. You basically deleted the two modules that make this tank workable. It is now a useless piece of junk that can barely survive 2 minutes on the battlefield.

It sucks that they did that. The O-I exp was powerfull...but not OP, if you ask me. That turret was easy to hit and easy to pen. The nerf wasn´t neccesary. Or at least take Or the speed Or the gun...not both. I never played an O-I exp, but it sucks that tanks are downgraded (and the premiums brought in are stronger then ever). It takes the fun away (like several others here already said).

Instead of fixing these problems which arent problems, the dev team should focus on more important things, new maps and MM improvements.

nagje #25 Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14240 battles

View PostAir_Crew, on 01 September 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

Tank: OI EXP

Oh, and to the little smart alec whose about say something really dumb about my choice of tank. Please do consider that in the next update it could be YOUR main tank that is randomly wrecked and rendered unusable.

They already did that in the previous patch. Thats why you dont see so many elc´s anymore.

Chopchopchop #26 Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51026 battles
  • [IDI0T] IDI0T

View Postnagje, on 02 September 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

They already did that in the previous patch. Thats why you dont see so many elc´s anymore.

I can name a few.  The old tier 2  T18,  Hellcat,  T37, bulldog, the old KV1S etc...they all were too good at their tier. Then there are some didn't need to change ( personal view) the old Panzer 4, 59-16...sure there was more!!

ramram70 #27 Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:21 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6270 battles
I never felt O-I Exp was particularly OP when I played against it. Sure I got almost one-shotted time to time with my Hellcat and T-34-85 but it never was an issue.

Also tagged with oi, exp, update, 9.20

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users