• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

shane73tank #1 Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26319 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Hi Folks, 

A little help if you please would be much appreciated.  Firstly I make no apologies, I am an avid tank collector and have the french prems Ravioli, Lorr 40t and Amx1357F. 

In the last few months I've decided to invest some time in French tanks, I've elited the Amx 12t and have bought the Amx 1375 - it sits in my Garage with no crew.  I'm looking for some advice on how to proceed down the tech tree, I dont want to waste too much  gold on crews,  but I do know that the higher the tiers the more painful it is to train crews.  I'm wondering what tanks in this line are keepers also, originally I was thinking - sell the 12T and move to the 1375 but now I'm not so sure as at Tier 7 I have some good Chinese LT's and I dont read too many good things about the 1375. 

Can some of you please help , what would you do ? Would you retrain the 12T crew to the 1375, in the future for the BC 12t would you think to move the crew to that as the 1375 is not really a keeper ? Would you just bite the bullet, train a new crew now for the 1375 and move on from that in the future ?

I was'nt listing my premiums as any sort of a brag earlier, just pointing out that I do have vehicles that can help with crew training - just a pity there is no T6 trainer

Thanks for the help

Shane

Quintuss #2 Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25535 battles
  • [DIVA_] DIVA_

Imho the only probable keeper is the 13/90 on tier 9, however as the BC-AP and BC25 use a similar crew and need similar skills you want at an extra crew for them (or you keep no LT and use the crew from them).

on tier 6 the Type 64 is imho the go-with light as no reason to keep the 12t unless you really LOVE it.

tier 7 you allready got the 13/57 - imho no need to keep the 13/75 - i haven't played it since the LT-changes but i doubt it suddenly became usefull (not to mention that without CW/SH/.... there is less demand for T7).

tier 8 BC12 is fine, but it sufferm from horrible T8-MM (and like all french LTs shitty pen)

tier 9 is decent - if you like magazin lights.

i played the tier 10 only a bit on this TS and frankly: not worth it. Just a very bad batchat with tiny bit more camo on the move.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62814 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

13 90 is the only one worth keeping in that line IMO. I know most still love the 12t. But not heard much love for the tier 7 and 8 after the LT changes. Even less so considering how much XP you need on the new tier 8 to elite it now.

And as for crew training? You have two tier 8 prem French meds. Why not use those? I know there is a bigger penalty in terms of XP loss when jumping class on base %. As I've used all my 5 prem British meds to train fresh TD crews for the Charioteer etc. As it's way faster on a daily run, then going on the AT-15A alone from 75% to at least 50% on the second skill to compensate for retraining . But I've used my Type 64 to train up crews for the new Chinese TD's. I just made 2 crews ready, and tossed one of them on the line up now. And if I find a keeper "none so far". I'll take the next crew. Just use what you have, and what you feel gets you there faster. If you feel the 13 57 still gets the job done fast enough. Then use it.

Edited by Balc0ra, 01 September 2017 - 02:54 PM.

lord_chipmonk #4 Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32183 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
I agree with the others about the 1390, though not played the 1375 since the rework. 

StinkyStonky #5 Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25110 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

I'm at a similar stage and posted a similar thread a few weeks back.

I agree with everything Quintuss said, so for me, the question becomes "how many French light/Med crews should you have", follows by, "where should you train them".

Here's my advice ...

As Quintuss said, if you like the 12t, keep it and put a new crew in it.  If you don't like it, sell it.  Move your existing 12t crew into the 13 75.

Once you unlock the BC12t, move the 13 75 crew to it and sell the 1375.  The 13 57 is a better tank.

Beyond the BC12t there are 6 tanks and ALL of them have some merits.

The 13 90 is a great tier 9 light, especially if you like autoloaders (I do).

The 13 105 is a Tier 10 light and most people complain about them.  I suspect they will get buffed in the future but even if they don't the introduction of Grand Battles will make T10 lights useful for completing some Personal Missions.

The BC25tAP is a great tank.  I've only recently acquired it but love it already.

The BC25t is a must have.  The only dilemma is whether to keep the BC25tAP.

The AMX30 and AMX30B have been criticised a lot but WG have listened and just buffed them.  So they now might be worth getting.

So for every tank you go for beyond the BC12t (I would suggest at least the BC25t and AMX 13 90) do the following ...

Move a crew from either the AMX 12t or BC 12t up to the next tank.  Put a new crew in the tank just vacated.  Use your premium tanks to grind your crew from 80/90% back to 100.  With premiums and PRs this wont take long.

To directly answer your question, I think the keepers are ...

BC12t, BC25t and AMX 13 90.  But the others are all worthy of consideration.

Geno1isme #6 Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 40053 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

Well, first figure out how many crews you need / want. As the BC12t splits up into three branches you likely want more than one, but how many exactly? As you have several french premiums, do you already have one or more medium crews?

If you need to train a new crew, the 12t is arguably a better choice for that than the 13 75 or higher tiers.

arthurwellsley #7 Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50497 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostQuintuss, on 01 September 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

Imho the only probable keeper is the 13/90 on tier 9, however as the BC-AP and BC25 use a similar crew and need similar skills you want at an extra crew for them (or you keep no LT and use the crew from them).

on tier 6 the Type 64 is imho the go-with light as no reason to keep the 12t unless you really LOVE it.

tier 7 you allready got the 13/57 - imho no need to keep the 13/75 - i haven't played it since the LT-changes but i doubt it suddenly became usefull (not to mention that without CW/SH/.... there is less demand for T7).

tier 8 BC12 is fine, but it sufferm from horrible T8-MM (and like all french LTs shitty pen)

tier 9 is decent - if you like magazin lights.

i played the tier 10 only a bit on this TS and frankly: not worth it. Just a very bad batchat with tiny bit more camo on the move.

Agree.

shane73tank #8 Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26319 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Hey cheers guys much appreciated, 

So It seems the best thing is move the Amx 12T crew up, train a new crew in the Amx 12T and the 1375 crew will move to the BC12T,  new crews will start back in the amx 12t., I can move the mediums from the premiums to the relevant tanks when the time comes. 

Sorry for the long winded questions, I was in work. 

Have fun and as a great friend used to say "lets be careful out there" 

Cheers

Shane

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users