What have you done to the OI Experimental?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Battling_Banana #1 Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6004 battles

Just came to have a go on my fav tank and find it's slow as anything and the gun is now crap.Why is it that as soon as there is a good tank,yes a bit OP,you bow down to pressure from the noob med brigade and Edited .Can there be no good(OP) tanks ?Does everything have to be ruined just because of a few whingers?Why change it?Anyway I had one game and turned wot off.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing. 

Edited by VMX, 07 September 2017 - 03:01 PM.

ZlatanArKung #2 Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:47 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostBattling_Banana, on 01 September 2017 - 10:46 PM, said:

Just came to have a go on my fav tank and find it's slow as anything and the gun is now crap.Why is it that as soon as there is a good tank,yes a bit OP,you bow down to pressure from the noob med brigade and Edited .Can there be no good(OP) tanks ?Does everything have to be ruined just because of a few whingers?Why change it?Anyway I had one game and turned wot off.

No, there should never ever exist OP tanks like O-I exp, Defender, Maus etc.

Edited by VMX, 07 September 2017 - 03:01 PM.

Junglist_ #3 Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35130 battles
Good

Battling_Banana #4 Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6004 battles

View PostZlatanArKung, on 01 September 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

No, there should never ever exist OP tanks like O-I exp, Defender, Maus etc.

Of course there should be.It's what makes the game worth playing and gives you something to strive for.As long as anyone can get them what's the problem.Now OP prems is a slightly different matter.

lord_chipmonk #5 Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32183 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
The answer is in your own post OP. The OI-Exp wasn't just a bit too good, it was hideously OP, and at a tier where new players are going to encounter it. Not cool, and long overdue if you ask me. 

Browarszky #6 Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:53 PM

Major

• Player
  • 14904 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 01 September 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

The answer is in your own post OP. The OI-Exp wasn't just a bit too good, it was hideously OP, and at a tier where new players are going to encounter it. Not cool, and long overdue if you ask me. 

When can we expect similar re-balancing of certain other tanks that seem more at home in WoWS than in WoT?

ZlatanArKung #7 Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:55 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostBattling_Banana, on 01 September 2017 - 10:50 PM, said:

Of course there should be.It's what makes the game worth playing and gives you something to strive for.As long as anyone can get them what's the problem.Now OP prems is a slightly different matter.

No.

OP tanks create bad gameplay, bad balance and a bad experience for everyone not playing said OP tanks. It removes diversity in tank choices since the OP tanks would simply be better. 

Deliberately having OP tanks is pretty much same as saying,  this game is not meant to be competetive at all, it is just meant to lure players into free xping op tanks using gold so we as a company can make more money.

Edited by ZlatanArKung, 01 September 2017 - 10:56 PM.

lord_chipmonk #8 Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32183 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostBrowarszky, on 01 September 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

When can we expect similar re-balancing of certain other tanks that seem more at home in WoWS than in WoT?

Oh, there's a long list of tanks I think WG should rebalance, but considering how long it took them to deal with the KV-1S, I wouldn't hold your breath. 

Spoiler

DracheimFlug #9 Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:01 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 8925 battles

View PostBrowarszky, on 01 September 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

I'd consider the TOG on that list except there are no submarines in WoWS :amazed:

Battling_Banana #10 Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6004 battles

View PostZlatanArKung, on 01 September 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

No.

OP tanks create bad gameplay, bad balance and a bad experience for everyone not playing said OP tanks. It removes diversity in tank choices since the OP tanks would simply be better. 

Deliberately having OP tanks is pretty much same as saying,  this game is not meant to be competetive at all, it is just meant to lure players into free xping op tanks using gold so we as a company can make more money.

What are you talking about?You talk about"removing diversity in tank choices",but then argue for all tanks to be the same.The OI Ex was a massive box that could be killed by a Grille in one shot and was easily killed by competent players.Yes it dealt death with almost every shot,but you still had to play well to do well.It was only "OP" in some regards not all,so it added to the "diversity" of tanks.By your logic there should only be one tank in the game or several tanks that are all exactly the same. 

ZlatanArKung #11 Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostBattling_Banana, on 01 September 2017 - 11:03 PM, said:

What are you talking about?You talk about"removing diversity in tank choices",but then argue for all tanks to be the same.The OI Ex was a massive box that could be killed by a Grille in one shot and was easily killed by competent players.Yes it dealt death with almost every shot,but you still had to play well to do well.It was only "OP" in some regards not all,so it added to the "diversity" of tanks.By your logic there should only be one tank in the game or several tanks that are all exactly the same. 

No, I am NOT saying all tanks should be same. I am however saying all tanks should be balanced (have similar powerlevel but exceed in different areas).

OP tanks is a way to reduce meaning of skill.

It reduce diversity since players will favour OP tanks over other tanks.

And yes, O-I Exp was plain OP and in need of a nerf from the second it got released.

lord_chipmonk #12 Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32183 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostBattling_Banana, on 01 September 2017 - 11:03 PM, said:

He didn't say all tanks should be the same, he said all tanks should be "equally" powerful in their own way. That creates a genuine choice between vehicles based on a player's preferance etc rather than having some tanks that just pwn face and some that get their faces pwned. We saw this a bit with confrontation game mode back in the day. Tier 8 games dominated by Russians and  IS-3s, tier 6 by Russians or Americans in KV-1S or Hellcat etc.  

Edit: Beaten to it. 

Edited by lord_chipmonk, 01 September 2017 - 11:08 PM.

Battling_Banana #13 Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6004 battles
The point that you are missing is that players Like OP(good) tanks and as long as everyone can get them what's the problem?Did you ever have a battle where the whole team was just OI Ex's? Did either of you ever play the tank?Yes it could kill and had good armour(if up against noobs).but if you were up against  a KV1 good player it WAS balanced.Your favourite flavour is obviously vanilla .

Strappster #14 Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:23 PM

General

• Player
  • 23577 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
You'll just have to learn to pad your stats in another tank, won't you.

FluffyRedFox #15 Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:24 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21564 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

The old  OI Exp was Edited OP as Edited , and now they rebalanced it to only be very OP.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing. 

Edited by VMX, 07 September 2017 - 01:04 PM.

ZlatanArKung #16 Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:24 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostBattling_Banana, on 01 September 2017 - 11:18 PM, said:

The point that you are missing is that players Like OP(good) tanks and as long as everyone can get them what's the problem?Did you ever have a battle where the whole team was just OI Ex's? Did either of you ever play the tank?Yes it could kill and had good armour(if up against noobs).but if you were up against  a KV1 good player it WAS balanced.Your favourite flavour is obviously vanilla .

No. People don't like op tanks. If people do, I wouldn't say I dont like OP tanks.

If people like OP tanks we wouldn't have whine threads about OP tanks every day or every other day on the forums.

Your last argument is like saying goes VTU can win against Defender if the VTU Player is good....

I don't need to play O-I exp to know that it was OP, just like I don't need to play Defender or Maus to know they are OP.

lord_chipmonk #17 Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32183 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

Yes it could kill and had good armour(if up against noobs).but if you were up against  a KV1 good player it WAS balanced.

Sorry, but that is tosh, and yes I have played both tanks. OI had the mobility to get into position, and the gun depression to use ridgelines in a way that the KV-1 can only dream of. But, let's ignore that. How do OI vs KV-1 fights go?

1. Both tanks hit each other. Both probably pen. KV-1 has the better armour, but the OI has the better pen. KV-1 takes 300, OI takes 160. 

2. OI retreats (and because of its damned good mobility, it was really hard for the KV to chase you and make use of that superior rate of fire). 

3. Return to step 1. 

End result, KV-1 dies, OIExp takes 480 damage and rolls on. 

I've played the OI-Exp, and farming KV-1s was not hard, and I am far from the best player in the world. 

Edited by lord_chipmonk, 01 September 2017 - 11:27 PM.

ZlatanArKung #18 Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
But I can understand that you are upset since the O-I exp is the only tank you performed decently in.

Sams_Baneblade #19 Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16236 battles

At equal skill, if the O-I Exp player knows how trading HP works, he can wreck the KV. Of course, it depends heavily on circumstances, but this thing was an unbalanced package. Tier 6 gun and DPM, good HP, good mobility, silly ramming abilities, only at the expense of an horrible camo and "meh" armor.

Indeed, tanks don't need to all have the same stats and some will perform a bit better. But "a bit" is acceptable, while "a lot" is not. I played it, I instantly felt how stupidly imbalanced it was: 1100 avg dmg over 40 games!!! At Tier 5!

Aberrations like this have no excuse to stay in their current stats, same goes for the T67 and other brokent machines. Those who pretend the opposite are just statpadders who whine because their "easy to go" tanks was nurfed and thus they will have to enable their skill to obtain results.

lord_chipmonk #20 Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32183 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostSams_Baneblade, on 01 September 2017 - 11:29 PM, said:

Aberrations like this have no excuse to stay in their current stats, same goes for the T67 and other brokent machines. Those who pretend the opposite are just statpadders who whine because their "easy to go" tanks was nurfed and thus they will have to enable their skill to obtain results.

While I am not defending the T67 (I sold it cos it just felt firty), at least with that tank you really need to know camo mechanics. OI, not so much. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users