Jump to content


Whining Topic - Stupid bounces total non sense in the gameplay


  • Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Panos_17 #1 Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:53 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5661 battles
  • 13
  • [CAMON] CAMON
  • Member since:
    10-04-2015

today with 201 mm i bounced a T30's side armor (non sidescrape) and then so he shot me 750 to death.

other day with 128 mm i bounced at the same battle a T37 (frontal) and i think i bounced the 59-16 around 2-3 times (wow)

also yesterday with 330 mm (T54 gold) i bounced 2 tier 8 tanks side armor, defender and the other american crap, NON SIDESCRAPE.

 

btw ofc thats just some of the many cases.

I cannot unsee that, i just cant.

the game supposed to make some sense, but it doesnt make any sense.

I can't keep playing when i see these things happening, how am i supposed to focus on my own self and stay calm, when i see these things happening in the game?

 

plz give me your thoughts.



lord_chipmonk #2 Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33952 battles
  • 10,251
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012
Meh. There's always a chance of a lucky bounce/module absorbing the shot (like tracks for example). The game is not 100% predictable and I am OK with that. Are those situations frustration? Hell yeah, bit it does cut both ways. 

RedlineRailgunningRemmel #3 Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 41511 battles
  • 700
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Usually the tracks are the culprit they will completely absorb the shot.

Erwin_Von_Braun #4 Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:11 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 38254 battles
  • 4,952
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostPanos_17, on 01 September 2017 - 09:53 PM, said:

today with 201 mm i bounced a T30's side armor (non sidescrape) and then so he shot me 750 to death.

other day with 128 mm i bounced at the same battle a T37 (frontal) and i think i bounced the 59-16 around 2-3 times (wow)

also yesterday with 330 mm (T54 gold) i bounced 2 tier 8 tanks side armor, defender and the other american crap, NON SIDESCRAPE.

 

btw ofc thats just some of the many cases.

I cannot unsee that, i just cant.

the game supposed to make some sense, but it doesnt make any sense.

I can't keep playing when i see these things happening, how am i supposed to focus on my own self and stay calm, when i see these things happening in the game?

 

plz give me your thoughts.

 

I have experienced such shenanigans myself - taken someone down to single figure HP in my T71 and I could bet the kill shot would bounce.

Having said that, I've had more than a few where I'm the one with next to zero HP and the kill shot bounces.


 

Sometimes the RNBjeebus smiles, sometime he smites.



 



Jigabachi #5 Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:30 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17935 battles
  • 19,092
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
That's what you get for rerolling...

AliceUnchained #6 Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:46 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 38414 battles
  • 8,928
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostPanos_17, on 01 September 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

plz give me your thoughts.

 

I think you should watch the replays so you can understand what actually happened. The HEAT round most likely got absorbed by the track, working as spaced armor, and the non-penetrating side shots with standard ammo either hit the track below the hull, or didn't actually hit the side hull but a different area of the target.



Panos_17 #7 Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:55 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5661 battles
  • 13
  • [CAMON] CAMON
  • Member since:
    10-04-2015

View PostJigabachi, on 02 September 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

That's what you get for rerolling...

 

you are funny, im just a player and a person, discussing about the game. 

 

:arta::ohmy::confused::popcorn::teethhappy::confused::great::bush::child::D:):B:justwait::angry::D:D:child:



AliceUnchained #8 Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:14 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 38414 battles
  • 8,928
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostPanos_17, on 02 September 2017 - 09:55 AM, said:

you are funny, im just a player and a person, discussing about the game. 

 

You're even funnier, thinking (believing?) that what you wrote on top is 'discussing'.



Homer_J #9 Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:21 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • 30,103
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
Enable replays and your problems will stop.  Guaranteed.

Yaccay #10 Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:42 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32853 battles
  • 1,995
  • [4TL] 4TL
  • Member since:
    11-21-2012
Educate yourself on www.tanks.gg, how a bounce may happen with a particular tank.

sgtYester #11 Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:34 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54461 battles
  • 1,658
  • [RANGF] RANGF
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

its called wg rng riging  

 

where u are likely to hit and damage a bad player less than a good player.  most obvious example is the 1hp left tanks.  u should get the kill buit magically he survives with 1 hp left



NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29242 battles
  • 2,288
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostsgtYester, on 02 September 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

its called wg rng riging  

 

where u are likely to hit and damage a bad player less than a good player.  most obvious example is the 1hp left tanks.  u should get the kill buit magically he survives with 1 hp left

 

Interesting theory. Do you also have a explanation for how those 'good' players manage to continue to be good if WG are specifically rigging the game against them? You'd think that kind of thing would have a negative effect on how 'good' they are.

Toni112007 #13 Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:48 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9876 battles
  • 428
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013
I once bounced Tiger I side armor with Obj 704 top gun with 286 pen.

Edited by Toni112007, 02 September 2017 - 11:49 AM.


AliceUnchained #14 Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:54 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 38414 battles
  • 8,928
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostToni112007, on 02 September 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

I once bounced Tiger I side armor with Obj 704 top gun with 286 pen.

 

So you either hit it at over 70º impact angle, or you didn't actually hit the side armor...

Toni112007 #15 Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9876 battles
  • 428
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013

View PostAliceUnchained, on 02 September 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

 

So you either hit it at over 70º impact angle, or you didn't actually hit the side armor...

I

Well the crew said "ricochet". Also he wasn't sidescraping or anything. I just rushed him and saw his flat side dead on and fired and then almost got ulcer when it failed to penetrate.

Edited by Toni112007, 02 September 2017 - 12:16 PM.


hedgehog_s #16 Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 73347 battles
  • 512
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
  • Member since:
    03-17-2015
Today - T34/85M bounces Cromwell B rear three times, yesterday T95 bounces tier 8 french arty - if WG want youre team to lose - they will call it RNG or "chance" i call it fraud - because it happens way more in losing games.

AliceUnchained #17 Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:02 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38414 battles
  • 8,928
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostToni112007, on 02 September 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

I

Well the crew said "ricochet". Also he wasn't sidescraping or anything. I just rushed him and saw his flat side dead on and fired and then almost got ulcer when it failed to penetrate.

 

Which would suggest impact angle exceeding 70º, although crew commentary really cannot be relied on. In any case, given the rather big bloom values for the Obj. 704 it's more than likely you hit a different area of the Tiger.

 

View Posthedgehog_s, on 02 September 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

Today - T34/85M bounces Cromwell B rear three times, yesterday T95 bounces tier 8 french arty - if WG want youre team to lose - they will call it RNG or "chance" i call it fraud - because it happens way more in losing games.

 

You could look at it from a different perspective as well: when are you more likely to win? When your shots hit, penetrate, and deal damage, or when the opposite occurs? It seems you get things backwards in your desperate attempt for excuses, as more than likely the losing is happening (n part) due to these bad luck RNG occurrences. And not the other way around, in that you get bad RNG because you're somehow destined to lose.

 


Edited by AliceUnchained, 02 September 2017 - 01:05 PM.


sgtYester #18 Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:09 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54461 battles
  • 1,658
  • [RANGF] RANGF
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 02 September 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

 

Interesting theory. Do you also have a explanation for how those 'good' players manage to continue to be good if WG are specifically rigging the game against them? You'd think that kind of thing would have a negative effect on how 'good' they are.

 

this rigging only works in random battled

 

thats why u hardly see bleu good players in random, they play stonghold cw and pick easy fights which gives em easy credits/xp and ofx lots of win and wn8



Homer_J #19 Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:27 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • 30,103
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostToni112007, on 02 September 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

 

Well the crew said "ricochet". 

 

Which suggests you hit an area at ricochet angle, not straight on as you suggest.

 

The replay would help a lot.



Steve8066 #20 Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12437 battles
  • 834
  • Member since:
    10-06-2015

View Posthedgehog_s, on 02 September 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

Today - T34/85M bounces Cromwell B rear three times, yesterday T95 bounces tier 8 french arty - if WG want youre team to lose - they will call it RNG or "chance" i call it fraud - because it happens way more in losing games.

 

i honestly have no idea with regards WoT, but with War Thunder you can have 2 players in the exact same tank with the exact same upgrades in the same battle, and both will get a different RNG allocated to them. It sounds stupid, but there were 2 vids on youtube proving this but both got taken down very quickly and both players banned. With WT, if you bounce a lot its best to log out and log back in and quite often your 'luck' changes due to this RNG allocation.

 

Like i say, not a clue if WoT do the same, but it certainly would explain some of the issues with bounce etc.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users