Gold eating bug.... crew training

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Active_Current #1 Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12355 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
I went to look at the training levels of my crew on the M2 Light tank, 86% on the driver... so i go to the training section to check what it costs to train to 100% and i accidently double click the 100% 200 gold button. I didn't click train, only double clicking the selection. This made me pay the 200 gold but my driver is still at 86% training level. I did have 899 gold but now I have 699 gold with no improvements. I reloaded the game to see if it was just glitched but it is still like this... There was an error message which came up in the notification centre "wot failed to retrain a crew member please try again later"

Edited by acdcftar, 02 September 2017 - 04:55 PM.

qpranger #2 Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:49 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30706 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Report to Support.

Xaltu #3 Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11743 battles
  • [A-W-F] A-W-F
It could be your trained your driver to 100% for a different tank.

Headless_Rooster #4 Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9067 battles
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI

View Postacdcftar, on 02 September 2017 - 04:45 PM, said:

There was an error message which came up in the notification centre "wot failed to retrain a crew member please try again later"

Double clicking usually comletes the transaction.

When I've had similar error messages (and missing gold) in the past, I've found the gold reapears after logging out/in again.

AliceUnchained #5 Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:50 AM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322
And you expect us to what about it exactly?

SABAOTH #6 Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:07 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36318 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostAliceUnchained, on 03 September 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

Probably to help him for a solution after the frustration of the Customer Support bot telling "everything is fine there is no problem as usual, roll out". :girl:

AliceUnchained #7 Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:28 AM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostSABAOTH, on 03 September 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

Probably to help him for a solution after the frustration of the Customer Support bot telling "everything is fine there is no problem as usual, roll out". 

It would be very easy for Support to check the logs on gold allocation and the change in crew skill, to verify the above and make corrections if necessary. Support may not be overly helpful with many things, but account support is not one of them as far as I know (although they may be slow to respond).

Active_Current #8 Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:28 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12355 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostAliceUnchained, on 03 September 2017 - 07:50 AM, said:

What this does is (hopefully) tells wargaming about the bug and draws attention to it so people know that it happens. I already sent a ticket before I posted this but I have not received a reply yet. It could have been possible that I had been stupid and somehow the gold had gone to something else and one of you would point that out to me, or if nobody knew I would know it was a bug and maybe wargaming could do something about it.

AliceUnchained #9 Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:34 AM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322

View Postacdcftar, on 03 September 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

What this does is (hopefully) tells wargaming about the bug and draws attention to it so people know that it happens. I already sent a ticket before I posted this but I have not received a reply yet. It could have been possible that I had been stupid and somehow the gold had gone to something else and one of you would point that out to me, or if nobody knew I would know it was a bug and maybe wargaming could do something about it.

Without any screen shots to show, how on earth would we be able to tell what happened? Furthermore, it is extremely unlikely to be a bug as we would have seen many more threads/posts. It's simply some updating/syncing issue. It also has absolutely nothing to do with game-play, you're just polluting this with section with more unrelated stuff. And finally the moderators are not Wargaming developers, they're not support, and I honestly doubt a single mention by a single player will draw their attention, let alone pass it on.

Baldrickk #10 Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29023 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View Postacdcftar, on 03 September 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

They are not good about answering tickets at the weekend (which is frustrating add that is peak player time)  but they are good at responding to things that involve money (they have to be trusted on this front so people buy things)

You may still get a copy-paste answer the first time (standard practice I'm afraid) but if you do, reopen the ticket and you should get a proper answer.

Active_Current #11 Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12355 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostAliceUnchained, on 03 September 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

Without any screen shots to show, how on earth would we be able to tell what happened? Furthermore, it is extremely unlikely to be a bug as we would have seen many more threads/posts. It's simply some updating/syncing issue. It also has absolutely nothing to do with game-play, you're just polluting this with section with more unrelated stuff. And finally the moderators are not Wargaming developers, they're not support, and I honestly doubt a single mention by a single player will draw their attention, let alone pass it on.

Look, the way I see it is that I have brought attention to a bug. yes it IS a bug because it persists 1 day on, and the only thing polluting the section is your whinging for no reason. I may have taken your advice more seriously if you had just talked normally instead of flying straight off the hook and getting toxic... I didn't make this thread to have an argument, I made the thread because I had lost gold to a bug and I thought somebody might understand the reasons as to why it happened. If somebody gets the same bug in the future then they can look it up here to learn about how support works and they can send a ticket (thank you Baldrickk). 

Somebody may have already encountered this before and might have known what happened... You don't know everything, I didn't directly address my question to you specifically. Also you don't need to see screenshots, all the information is provided.

Edited by acdcftar, 03 September 2017 - 11:14 AM.

AliceUnchained #12 Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322

View Postacdcftar, on 03 September 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

Look, the way I see it is that I have brought attention to a bug. yes it IS a bug because it persists 1 day on, and the only thing polluting the section is your whinging for no reason. I may have taken your advice more seriously if you had just talked normally instead of flying straight off the hook and getting toxic... I didn't make this thread to have an argument, I made the thread because I had lost gold to a bug and I thought somebody might understand the reasons as to why it happened. If somebody gets the same bug in the future then they can look it up here to learn about how support works and they can send a ticket (thank you Baldrickk). 

Somebody may have already encountered this before and might have known what happened... You don't know everything, I didn't directly address my question to you specifically. Also you don't need to see screenshots, all the information is provided.

Considering my response not normal, blabbering about 'flying of the hook' and 'getting toxic' merely shows you're an attention seeker. I gave you a very normal response, albeit somewhat direct. It's simply not what you wanted to hear, and thus you start to cry about it. Yours is not game-play related and thus does not belong here, and furthermore you have no way of knowing whether or not it's a bug. I've encountered that error message several times on Test Server, and merely is a sync issue which always resolved itself soon after. If you're convinced yours hasn't, the only thing you can do is send a Ticket to Support (which you have) and wait for their response.

As you haven't even provided any screen shots, we can't even be sure what you're telling is actually accurate. Why don't you start with showing us your M2 Light driver? Most likely too little too late now, but it wouldn't surprise me you somehow missed an important bit and the bug you claim exists isn't even a glitch, but merely a mistake on your end.

Active_Current #13 Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12355 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
There is the Image, if you think I'm posting because I'm an attention seeker then you are completely wrong. You did not give a very normal response, all you had to do was be polite. I did (as I have already said) not want an argument on the thread. It was a simple question not a direct statement at you. You do not know the answer therefore you did not need to post in the first place. If anyone is the attention seeker here it is most definately you.

Edited by acdcftar, 03 September 2017 - 11:58 AM.

CaravanOfCourage #14 Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46466 battles
  • [GOD-X] GOD-X
That screenshot still doesn't help unfortunately. That only shows the current training level. Not the before/after of both gold and training level. Maybe it just bugged out on you until a restart. I just tried what you said and worked ok so its not something that happens every time. 

Edited by Rico4uk, 03 September 2017 - 12:09 PM.

Active_Current #15 Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12355 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostRico4uk, on 03 September 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

That screenshot still doesn't help unfortunately. That only shows the current training level. Not the before/after of both gold and training level. Maybe it just bugged out on you until a restart. I just tried what you said and worked ok so its not something that happens every time. 

Yeah, I thought it wouldn't do much good, it only proves my statement unfortunately. Sadly I couldn't have done a before screen grab because I didn't know it has going to happen :teethhappy:

AliceUnchained #16 Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:21 PM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322

View Postacdcftar, on 03 September 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

Yeah, I thought it wouldn't do much good, it only proves my statement unfortunately. Sadly I couldn't have done a before screen grab because I didn't know it has going to happen 

But you could have taken a screen shot showing the Error message, no? And the message showing the transaction? Anyway, was the Commander at 100% previously? 

jabster #17 Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostAliceUnchained, on 03 September 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

But you could have taken a screen shot showing the Error message, no? And the message showing the transaction? Anyway, was the Commander at 100% previously? 

To be fair how many people would have done that instead of just thinking, that's a bit weird and carrying on.

Active_Current #18 Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12355 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostAliceUnchained, on 03 September 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

Yes the commander was at 100% previously, I didn't think there was any point screenshoting the error because I assumed people would just believe me as it literally says exactly what I wrote.

Edited by acdcftar, 03 September 2017 - 01:37 PM.

AliceUnchained #19 Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:36 PM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322

View Postjabster, on 03 September 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

To be fair how many people would have done that instead of just thinking, that's a bit weird and carrying on.

I would assume anything thinking he/she just lost something (unexpectedly) which he/she paid for, would get some evidence (in this case some simple one click screen shots) in support of their claim. I simply have some doubts as to what has been described.

@OP: Don't get me wrong, you have my sympathy. I sincerely hope Support will get back to you and reimburse the 200 gold, even if you did (accidentally) click the retrain button and as such there is no bug but merely human error. In fact, I will make you a deal: If Support proves unwilling or unable to help, I will give you the gold. I will even give you enough gold so you can train all crew members to 100%. For the M2 that is, not all your tanks. 

Snake_Keeper #20 Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8383 battles

Well, I got the "Unable to train crew, try again later" error, but gold was deducted.

http://imgur.com/a/8xrBq

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users