How the heck does this game count experience anyway?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Mortac555 #1 Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:06 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8925 battles

I'm baffled by the experience logic in this game. Can somebody please tell me what's going on here?

Look at these score screens: https://imgur.com/a/gedCW

I am in the Strv 103B. It was a bad game, but whatever, just compare the score with the two E75's. I have screenshots from all three players.

We all died. We all had one kill. I did more damage. I did over 1k and 1.5k more spotting damage than the other two respectively. I bounced more and I hit more shots. Yet, both of them received more experience than I did. Why?

lord_chipmonk #2 Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33952 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

Here are some suggestions:

1) Damage from close range grants a small xp buff

2) Damage vs higher tier tanks gets an xp buff

3) If the damage you do is being spotted by someone else (as is likely the case with your Strv), you split the xp with the spotter

Balc0ra #3 Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

What spotting you got, and how much damage you did don't help much to say why he got more XP. If he did all his damage vs a higher tier target, and at close range on his own spotting. And if you did your damage on other spotting, vs mostly lower tier targets. Then sure. As if others spots targets for you, that's half the XP to the one spotting. While the E75 if he did it at close range, keeps all the XP he gets pr damage point. That and assist/track assist don't give that much XP to give you much of a boost.

As if you still don't know how XP is calculated. Then check this link for more detailed info.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Experience_and_Credits

Edited by Balc0ra, 03 September 2017 - 01:29 AM.

Comrade_Renamon #4 Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9835 battles

What others might have not mentioned, it is impossible to tell without a replay but..:

- You likely shot mainly lower tier tanks

- Wasn't your spotting damage happened to be your arty shooting at T8 tanks? When doing spotting you get half the exp (or less if more are spotting it) of what the tank gets for the damage (so it is worth more if a T8 does 390 damage to a T10 while you spot than a T10 doing the same 390 to a T8).

- Destroying modules on a tank also grant a little base xp bonus

These combined with the close range bonus and tier difference easily explains it.

AliceUnchained #5 Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:28 AM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostMortac555, on 03 September 2017 - 01:06 AM, said:

Yet, both of them received more experience than I did. Why?

It must be so difficult, so challenging, to even spend one minute looking for the answer yourself: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Experience_and_Credits

BP_OMowe #6 Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:56 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostBalc0ra, on 03 September 2017 - 01:28 AM, said:

What spotting you got, and how much damage you did don't help much to say why he got more XP. If he did all his damage vs a higher tier target, and at close range on his own spotting. And if you did your damage on other spotting, vs mostly lower tier targets. Then sure. As if others spots targets for you, that's half the XP to the one spotting. While the E75 if he did it at close range, keeps all the XP he gets pr damage point. That and assist/track assist don't give that much XP to give you much of a boost.

As if you still don't know how XP is calculated. Then check this link for more detailed info.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Experience_and_Credits

View PostAliceUnchained, on 03 September 2017 - 08:28 AM, said:

It must be so difficult, so challenging, to even spend one minute looking for the answer yourself: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Experience_and_Credits

Of course, that table is by no means the end of story, as it is well proven to be inaccurate.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostBP_OMowe, on 04 September 2017 - 01:56 AM, said:

Of course, that table is by no means the end of story, as it is well proven to be inaccurate.

Well.. it's still a good pointer on how things work... accurate or not. As 3K damage on two different players on a team, won't give them the same XP ever. As they don't get that 3K damage the same way.

AliceUnchained #8 Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:17 AM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostBP_OMowe, on 04 September 2017 - 01:56 AM, said:

I haven't seen any actual proof on its inaccuracy, even if I do believe it to be the case. And no, it's not the end of the story: it's where it should begin, before coming to the forum to create yet another thread about this with regard to a single game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users