Credit Exchange Idea

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

zachinu #1 Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37211 battles

Let us be honest, it's quite hard grinding credits, especially for players who don't have a premium account or a premium tank.

But it's always nice to have that one friend around who is willing to help you out. I think that there should be a credit exchange system (which comes with a tax depending on how much credits you're going to give your friend).

Grinding credits is extremely important, especially since the top tier in the tech tree is 10. You barely make profit at tier 8, and lose a lot in tier 9. It's not helpful when equipping vehicles (especially at low tier) also cost the same as equipping tier 10s. The Credit Exchange System would help out the players that are in need of credits, players who cannot buy a prem account/tank .

If you guys have any better ideas, leave it down in the comments :)

qpranger #2 Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:33 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 32423 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Are you willing to help me out?

I will be your friend for ever and ever.

zachinu #3 Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37211 battles

@qpranger

Haha, who knows :p. I'm sitting here on almost 24million credits.

UrQuan #4 Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19433 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

While the idea in itself is nice & looks good. It is way too easy to abuse it through bots. The moment you can transfer in-game credits between accounts, it opens the pit of credit-grinding bots, increased account acking attempts & the attached spam of credit-sell messages. I doubt anyone of us is waiting for the announcement *Buy ingame credits for low low price! On WTPS.Scam.OP! Buy Buy Buy!* in about every other match.

It's the one thing WoT got right: No annoying spammers ingame, save for the rare recruiter advertising his clan.

In short: idea is good, but I still say no, because certain people are [edited]& will abuse it to hell & back.

zachinu #5 Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37211 battles
@UrQuan

Keep in mind that bots are programmed to go in to a battle. In the end, they barely earn anything. They don't do so well anymore. And keep in mind that WarGaming has a bot-ban system. Yes, people might abuse it but remember, if Exchanging Credits will come with a tax, what sort of profit will they make if they use bots to grind credits?

Gowasu_GodTuber #6 Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25091 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
IF the system is similar to the steam trading system, then it'll work, but you know, its WG . they will never do such a thing because they're greedy

zachinu #7 Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37211 battles

@Gowasu_GodTuber

Lets think of all of the pros at least of the system and ignore what WG would do :) ! Rigging a system like this would be hard. Bots are easily banned now thanks to the fair-play policy.

Dava_117 #8 Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:06 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19424 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postzachinu, on 03 September 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

@UrQuan

Keep in mind that bots are programmed to go in to a battle. In the end, they barely earn anything. They don't do so well anymore. And keep in mind that WarGaming has a bot-ban system. Yes, people might abuse it but remember, if Exchanging Credits will come with a tax, what sort of profit will they make if they use bots to grind credits?

just imagine to have 3 account, runned by bots, playing tier 1 battle all day. Every tire 1 battle is around 4k silver income and last 5min. It's 1.780.000 silver in 1 day. With a system like your, any person eith enought pc can earn that much in a single day. One week and you got a tier X tank and some spare money for equipment. That's why running bot will be convinient...

Nazgarth #9 Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-

View Postzachinu, on 03 September 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

@Gowasu_GodTuber

Lets think of all of the pros at least of the system and ignore what WG would do :) ! Rigging a system like this would be hard. Bots are easily banned now thanks to the fair-play policy.

Your living in Lala Land if you think WGs anti botting system is any good.

Additional problems include; a system such as you suggest will do nothing but reduce income for WG, and it will allow more baddies to play high tiers more easily (a bad thing).

UrQuan #10 Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:19 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19433 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDava_117, on 03 September 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

@UrQuan

just imagine to have 3 account, runned by bots, playing tier 1 battle all day. Every tire 1 battle is around 4k silver income and last 5min. It's 1.780.000 silver in 1 day. With a system like your, any person eith enought pc can earn that much in a single day. One week and you got a tier X tank and some spare money for equipment. That's why running bot will be convinient...

What dava says, you can even upscale it greatly with a powerful PC running multiple accounts.

Something to keep in mind is that there are companies who specialize in this stuff (WoW & EvE you can experience this phenomenon first-hand if you stay around, played those both long) This isn't your standard guy running 2-3 or even 8 accounts, it's a server running a few hundred or more. This is economical as making an account is free in WoT, so make enough accounts grinding silver & it becomes feasable.

How to counter it if you want silver-transfer be a thing in WoT? Creating a system that hampers silver-selling bots without hampering the player in any way or form is extremely hard, because if it wasn't, it would already exist.

In a way, WoT has a system with a tax to counter it. A good friend who likes to help out can gift you a small gold package from the store (which you can exchange for credits/XP) Here the 'tax' comes in the form of RL money, generally the best deterrant against credit-selling bots (generally such bot-systems have a near-infinite supply of 'time' but a very limited supply of 'RL money' as the latter cuts directly into their profits & hurts upscaling greatly.

zachinu #11 Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37211 battles
First of all, the fair-play policy is actually better than we thought it would be. With their anti-cheat bot, it's much easier now to find a bot / illegal mods than it used to be. I am not living in Lala Land (although it sounds nice). And as I said, what if exchanging credits came with a tax? Knowing WG, the tax would most probably be gold. And 4k credits in tier 1 is also depending on how the bot will do. But as I said, the anti-cheat bot is very effective. If you think that the anti-cheat bot is not as effective as you think it is, go install an illegal mod and come back in a few days to tell me how things are working out on your account :). It's very easy for a bot to notice that a player does not have the ''same reticle'' as others.

malachi6 #12 Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49872 battles
And RMT (Real money Trading) comes to WoT

Homer_J #13 Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Anything tier 5 or below gains credits as long as you join a battle and press R 3 times.  Or you can pay some kid to do it for you.  And the issue of account hijacking is much greater anyway.

Nazgarth #14 Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-

View Postzachinu, on 03 September 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

First of all, the fair-play policy is actually better than we thought it would be. With their anti-cheat bot, it's much easier now to find a bot / illegal mods than it used to be. I am not living in Lala Land (although it sounds nice). And as I said, what if exchanging credits came with a tax? Knowing WG, the tax would most probably be gold. And 4k credits in tier 1 is also depending on how the bot will do. But as I said, the anti-cheat bot is very effective. If you think that the anti-cheat bot is not as effective as you think it is, go install an illegal mod and come back in a few days to tell me how things are working out on your account :). It's very easy for a bot to notice that a player does not have the ''same reticle'' as others.

Any proof for the nonsense you just posted?

zachinu #15 Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37211 battles

View PostNazgarth, on 03 September 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

Before you start asking for proof, do you at least know how anti-cheat bots work and how effective they are? The only proof I have is the decrease in aimbots i've seen in random battles.

Zodiac1960s #16 Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38462 battles
  • [VOMIT] VOMIT

View PostGowasu_GodTuber, on 03 September 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

IF the system is similar to the steam trading system, then it'll work, but you know, its WG . they will never do such a thing because they're greedy

I think it's greedy not to fork up 9-10 bucks for a month of premium and expect others to give you credits for free.. 

You can't get two beers out for that price here. Prioritize and stop looking like a beggar and a fool.

Edited by Blind_Hate, 03 September 2017 - 04:06 PM.

Nazgarth #17 Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-

View Postzachinu, on 03 September 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

Before you start asking for proof, do you at least know how anti-cheat bots work and how effective they are? The only proof I have is the decrease in aimbots i've seen in random battles.

Ah so anecdotal evidence, in other words no proof at all.

FYI aim bots =/= credit farming bots

Edited by Nazgarth, 03 September 2017 - 04:05 PM.

Orkbert #18 Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25477 battles

View PostNazgarth, on 03 September 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

And the proof for yours is... where? I didn't see any links in your post.

zachinu #19 Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37211 battles

View PostBlind_Hate, on 03 September 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

I think it's greedy not to fork up 9-10 bucks for a month of premium and expect others to give you credits for free..

You can't get two beers out for that price here. Prioritize and stop looking like a beggar and a fool.

It's an idea.  And first of all, it's only if the player AGREES to send credits jeez. Helping each other out. I am not in need for any credits, I'm on 24million. But I don't mind helping a few of my clan mates out.

ZlatanArKung #20 Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:20 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

@UrQuan

If it would be possible to exchange credits, clever programmers would create bots that doesn't get detected, plays half decent and can make some credits to sell on various sites. 

If there is a way to make real money from WoT, people will try.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users