Credit Exchange Idea

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

zachinu #21 Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37249 battles

Guys, keep in mind that using bots to grind credits is hard. Even if they do manage to grind a bit of credits, let's say that there's a tax in gold / credits. There would be no profit made almost. The anti-cheat system in game is effective (if you have a problem with this, go make a post yourself) and it will not allow bots for long in a battle.

I am aware that there are Pros and Cons to the idea, but this will all come down to what WG would do if the idea would be noticed. I don't want the Credit Exchange because if a player wants to help another player out financially in game, then they can do so in game with the Credits Exchange. The system cannot be rigged if bots are in use. Bots barely make any profit and if nobody here understands how programming works, then do us all a favour and don't complain about the Anti-Cheat System that developers put their time in to.

qpranger #22 Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:23 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 33371 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
How about also exchange epic medals?

zachinu #23 Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37249 battles

View Postqpranger, on 03 September 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

How about also exchange epic medals?

Epic Medals are something that you have earned. Yes, we can argue that same goes with exchanging credits. You have worked for something and you are going to be giving it away to someone else's benefits. However this post is about Credit Exchanging so if you want Epic Medal Exchange, please make your own post :).

ZlatanArKung #24 Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
WoW had insanely many goldfarming bots during when I played it (Wotlk) and just as many advertisers spamming different chats. And if it wasn't bots, it was Chinese goldfarmers (guys who where payed to get gold in WoW).

Blizzard probably had anti-bot software aswell, but it didn't stop the bots.

Though in WoW it wasn't a problem since they didn't interfere with gameplay.

In WoT it will be a massive problem,  since bots will always interfere with gameplay.

ZlatanArKung #25 Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
I would happily sell all my epic medals for some gold or a tank in WoT.

Edited by ZlatanArKung, 03 September 2017 - 05:28 PM.

zachinu #26 Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37249 battles

View PostZlatanArKung, on 03 September 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

WoW had insanely many goldfarming bots during when I played it (Wotlk) and just as many advertisers spamming different chats. And if it wasn't bots, it was Chinese goldfarmers (guys who where payed to get gold in WoW).

Blizzard probably had anti-bot software aswell, but it didn't stop the bots.

Though in WoW it wasn't a problem since they didn't interfere with gameplay.

In WoT it will be a massive problem, since bots will always interfere with gameplay.

They used to be a massive problem, but out of how many battles do you actually encounter a bot?

ZlatanArKung #27 Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View Postzachinu, on 03 September 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

They used to be a massive problem, but out of how many battles do you actually encounter a bot?

Now, very rarely, if at all. It is really no reason to bother betting. 

But if you incentives people to create bots (add a possibility to make money from them), it will increase.

zachinu #28 Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37249 battles

Some of these are retarded posts. ''Exchanging Medals'' can be rigged if the price for it would be a tank. If you're going to be saying stuff that doesn't have to do with the topic, then don't say anything.

Cheers, Tankers :)!

Edited by zachinu, 03 September 2017 - 05:45 PM.

Nazgarth #29 Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-

View PostOrkbert, on 03 September 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

And the proof for yours is... where? I didn't see any links in your post.

He made a claim that the anti-botting system was working "better than we thought it would be", the burden of proof lies with him, not me.

Edited by Nazgarth, 03 September 2017 - 05:53 PM.

Nazgarth #30 Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-

View Postzachinu, on 03 September 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:

Some of these are retarded posts. ''Exchanging Medals'' can be rigged if the price for it would be a tank. If you're going to be saying stuff that doesn't have to do with the topic, then don't say anything.

Cheers, Tankers :)!

So back on topic if there was a "tax" for your suggested credit exchange idea it would have to be cheaper for the players, than premium time or cash to credits, otherwise it would be totally pointless. In turn it would mean a direct loss for WG in revenue because of less premium time/tank purchased or credits bought for real money. Therefore implementable by WG.

And you still haven't addressed the point about allowing baddies to play higher tiers more often which is obviously bad.

Edited by Nazgarth, 03 September 2017 - 05:58 PM.

Gangerr #31 Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19968 battles
I love the idea of player player trading but like most posts have stated, it will and can be abusived by farmers.  Plus these farmers would undercut WG on credits and it would be bad for business on WG side.

zachinu #32 Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37249 battles

View PostNazgarth, on 03 September 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

He made a claim that the anti-botting system was working "better than we thought it would be", the burden of proof lies with him, not me.

Well, the only proof I have is what WarGaming said about it I guess. If they can make a game, I am pretty certain that they can make a successful anti-cheat system :).

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/forbidden-mods/

That shows just a few examples :) . I can give no further proof than that. If you want proof, just go send a ticket in and see for yourself ;). Cheers!

zachinu #33 Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37249 battles

View PostGangerr, on 03 September 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

I love the idea of player player trading but like most posts have stated, it will and can be abusived by farmers.  Plus these farmers would undercut WG on credits and it would be bad for business on WG side.

There will be players who will abuse it, of course, but doesn't that count for any in-game feature that benefits other players? WG could put in a policy that only people who have played (for example) more than 10,000 battles can exchange credits. Just an idea ;)

Edited by zachinu, 03 September 2017 - 06:08 PM.

Nazgarth #34 Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-

View Postzachinu, on 03 September 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

Well, the only proof I have is what WarGaming said about it I guess. If they can make a game, I am pretty certain that they can make a successful anti-cheat system :).

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/forbidden-mods/

That shows just a few examples :) . I can give no further proof than that. If you want proof, just go send a ticket in and see for yourself ;). Cheers!

First of all that is from the NA cluster and botting/cheating policy is not equal throughout all server clusters.

WG spiel does not constitute as evidence, anybody or any group (in this case company) can write any sort of rubbish about literally anything. That doesn't make it true. Certainly without facts and figures. Which would be in this case; monthly lists of accounts banned, with reason for ban, and resultant punishment.

In order for you to give further proof you would have had to provide a single piece of proof beforehand, which you have failed to do.

WG tickets are copy-paste responses which often don't even relate to what ever the ticket was about, therefore a waste of time, and certainly cannot be used as evidence WG has an anti-bot system that works well.

zachinu #35 Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37249 battles

View PostNazgarth, on 03 September 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

First of all that is from the NA cluster and botting/cheating policy is not equal throughout all server clusters.

WG spiel does not constitute as evidence, anybody or any group (in this case company) can write any sort of rubbish about literally anything. That doesn't make it true. Certainly without facts and figures. Which would be in this case; monthly lists of accounts banned, with reason for ban, and resultant punishment.

In order for you to give further proof you would have had to provide a single piece of proof beforehand, which you have failed to do.

WG tickets are copy-paste responses which often don't even relate to what ever the ticket was about, therefore a waste of time, and certainly cannot be used as evidence WG has an anti-bot system that works well.

Jeez, how about you help me out then ? You guys seem to be against WG. I don't want to be the one to test it out but go install Aimbot and come back to me in a few days.

AdzTownstrike #36 Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18853 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
i would happily take all of zachs credits....

zachinu #37 Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37249 battles

View PostAdzTownstrike, on 03 September 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

i would happily take all of zachs credits....

Haha :D

Balc0ra #38 Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66636 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

This will be a great way to invite Chinese gold farmers to this game. So they can bot credits and sell a million silver for less then what WG takes in the store with the gold to silver trade ratio. So no.

New players have it way way better then anyone of us did. As the mission tutorials gives 100% free crews for free on one tank, camo, gold, camo net, binocs, a few 100K silver. All done before your first tier 4. So even alt accounts don't have to wait long before they get their first tier 4, so they can farm PM credits. So even they don't need "trading" as such.

Matcorr #39 Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22747 battles
Good idea but it would help out rerollers, can't be helping out those vain barstools

Dundato #40 Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26339 battles

View Postzachinu, on 03 September 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

Let us be honest, it's quite hard grinding credits, especially for players who don't have a premium account or a premium tank.

But it's always nice to have that one friend around who is willing to help you out. I think that there should be a credit exchange system (which comes with a tax depending on how much credits you're going to give your friend).

Grinding credits is extremely important, especially since the top tier in the tech tree is 10. You barely make profit at tier 8, and lose a lot in tier 9. It's not helpful when equipping vehicles (especially at low tier) also cost the same as equipping tier 10s. The Credit Exchange System would help out the players that are in need of credits, players who cannot buy a prem account/tank .

If you guys have any better ideas, leave it down in the comments :)

no sure wot game your playing but i make 367k per 28.3 hrs, not much, but am pish at this wondrfully prepared awesome game xxx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users