Elited tanks remains elited after changes in the tech tree.

elited nonelited garagefilter vk4502b

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

hjsteg #1 Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31624 battles
  • [WID] WID

When you have researched the tank with all its modules and the next tank, the tank becomes elited. This is nice, so you can either grind the crew, or save up on xp to convert to free xp at a later stage. But when Wargaming changes the tech tree, with more research options for the tank it still remains elited.

As an example the VK4502B, The tech tree was changed so it is now possible to research the Panzerkampfwagen ausf. VII from the VK4502B. And the VKB still remains elited.

As a user of XVM this tank does not appear in the garage as tanks to grind. I wish you could at least have an option to let them show up as non elited.

And while I am at it: Why is there no option in the garage to select tanks that are not elited? Like with XVM? With XVM you can select tanks that are not elited, and focus on grinding them. And this does not work with those previously elited tanks. It is the same with Warships, no option to select nonelited ships in the port. I find this strange as there is an option to select the elited ones.

Aikl #2 Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:07 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26066 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Sounds like feedback intended for the XVM team (or whoever makes the actual mod) rather than the official forums. The mod probably simply checks if a tank has the 'elite' flag, which it obviously has even after changes to the tech tree.

Finding non-elited tanks would sure be handy, though I don't personally care for much else than 'favorites' and tier filter. The tanks I grind are enough of a pain in the arse to actually remember them. :rolleyes:

Laiskamato #3 Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46496 battles

View Posthjsteg, on 04 September 2017 - 01:22 AM, said:

When you have researched the tank with all its modules and the next tank, the tank becomes elited. This is nice, so you can either grind the crew, or save up on xp to convert to free xp at a later stage. But when Wargaming changes the tech tree, with more research options for the tank it still remains elited.

As an example the VK4502B, The tech tree was changed so it is now possible to research the Panzerkampfwagen ausf. VII from the VK4502B. And the VKB still remains elited.

As a user of XVM this tank does not appear in the garage as tanks to grind. I wish you could at least have an option to let them show up as non elited.

And while I am at it: Why is there no option in the garage to select tanks that are not elited? Like with XVM? With XVM you can select tanks that are not elited, and focus on grinding them. And this does not work with those previously elited tanks. It is the same with Warships, no option to select nonelited ships in the port. I find this strange as there is an option to select the elited ones.

You want WG to fix what is problem for XVM?

How about you quit using XVM 

Homer_J #4 Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posthjsteg, on 03 September 2017 - 11:22 PM, said:

As a user of XVM 

You need to take your XVM issues to XVM.

As for finding the tanks you are grinding, I just put them on primary so they are easy to find.

Phobos4321 #5 Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:56 AM

General

• Player
  • 43375 battles

well in common sense  wg sets a flag for the tank as elited  and by normal means that would never change 

so basically you want wg to remove that flag or you need a differnt approach to use your tank filters. 

than again WG taking away your elite status might lead to a not so small shitstorm

so its best for them to change nothing in that aspect

also they might come along and reset your gunmarks ? than the shitstorm would be perfect

tajj7 #6 Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25830 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
It's intentional, it's so you don't lose a tank's elite status, it means you can either crew train, convert the XP or use it to unlock the new tank. 

hjsteg #7 Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:12 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31624 battles
  • [WID] WID

I see the point and advantage for training your crew even if there is the possibility of researching more tanks. If you could have an option to have the tank appear as not elited it would be fine. It could be done in the settings in the game client, for those of us that want that. It is as simple as that. And that Wargaming added the filter to the garage for those tanks that are not elited, just as they have a filter for the tanks that are elited.

The workaround today as Homer_J says is to mark the tanks you need to grind as primary. Still I think adding an option to the game client to display non-elited tanks would be an advantage, both from a pure usability point, and another reason not to use XVM.

Btw, what is the filter in the garage to display tanks that are elited really for? I see no real advantage with that filter.

Phobos4321 #8 Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:19 AM

General

• Player
  • 43375 battles

adding a button for stuff that probably 3 ppl would like to have  sounds legit

we get 9000 buttons  and wg ends all development to add these ...

Kartoshkaya #9 Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23531 battles
What about fixing XVM instead of asking changes in favour of a small portion of the players ?

Phobos4321 #10 Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:48 AM

General

• Player
  • 43375 battles
its not even as it need a change since he could easily flag his grind tanks as favourites  and got the selection option he wanted to have

Jahrakajin #11 Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:36 AM

Ship happens, back to Gameplay.

SlyMeerkat #12 Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16745 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Yeah tanks that you have elited stay elited even if new tanks have been added to the line which i think is good because im fussy that way and like to work, elite one tank at a time before moving on to the next and so have 2 or more not elited would just bug me

captainpigg #13 Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31760 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

View PostJahrakajin, on 05 September 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

Ship happens, back to Gameplay.

Thanks, but this is something happening that I've been noticing quite a lot recently, esp with topics critical Wargaming and esp Moderators (not with you though;))

Also tagged with elited, nonelited, garagefilter, vk4502b

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users