Increased Chances of Getting into a Grand Battle

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Kandly #1 Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:00 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 697 battles

Commanders,

The recently released Grand Battles resulted in longer queue times across the CIS. After receiving quite a bit of community feedback on the issue, we tweaked the chances of getting matched into a Grand Battle in the matchmaker, which brought queue times down to normal for the region.

To avoid this issue in Europe, we made a similar preemptive change to the matchmaker with the 9.20 launch. If you can't wait to put your skills to work in a 30v30 experience, worry not: it's only a temporary measure. Our team has been tracking the situation with queues - and since it's stable, we're bringing back the initial settings with a micro patch. It went live on Saturday, meaning you'll be getting matched in a Grand Battle more often. 

The work on optimizing the settings doesn’t stop with the micro patch; we’ll keep it going to make sure we deliver a smooth and polished experience.

Cobra6 #2 Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

So you mean that the new Grand Battles wasn't alleviating enough pressure off the tier 8 tanks (by chucking T10's in their own little world) so you increased the chances of it happening in the hopes that Tier 8 will become playable again in randoms?

Good to know :)

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 04 September 2017 - 07:28 PM.

Bordhaw #3 Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11289 battles

View PostCobra6, on 04 September 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

So you mean that the new Grand Battles wasn't alleviating enough pressure off the tier 8 tanks (by chucking T10's in their own little world) so you increased the chances of it happening in the hopes that Tier 8 will become playable again in randoms?

Cobra 6

StinkyStonky #4 Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:43 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27631 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

It would be nice if the optional mode (assault, encounter and Grand Battles) had preference or popularity setting in the Settings.

So rather than just saying :-

Assault: NO

Encounter: NO

Grand Battles: YES

I could say :-

Assault: NEVER

Encounter: RARELY

Grand Battles: OFTEN

You get the idea.  Then I could occasionally have the novelty of an Encounter and regularly get into GBs without that impacting others who don't want to play them all the time (and so turn them off completely).

gunslingerXXX #5 Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10945 battles

View PostStinkyStonky, on 05 September 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

It would be nice if the optional mode (assault, encounter and Grand Battles) had preference or popularity setting in the Settings.

You get the idea.  Then I could occasionally have the novelty of an Encounter and regularly get into GBs without that impacting others who don't want to play them all the time (and so turn them off completely).

Good idea. Got my vote

Dru_UK #6 Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6562 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostStinkyStonky, on 05 September 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

Yes, a good idea, but maybe also (without making too many options) you could have settings for certain tanks.

Gboor #7 Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18869 battles

View PostDru_UK, on 05 September 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

Yes, a good idea, but maybe also (without making too many options) you could have settings for certain tanks.

Worst suggestion of 2017. All open maps spammed with tds and artas, Half of maps becoming totally unplayable 

Echotun #8 Posted 05 September 2017 - 03:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19940 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

View PostCobra6, on 04 September 2017 - 07:28 PM, said:

Cobra 6

Doesnt sound like a bad idea though, does it? :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users