Jump to content


Most *edited* personal mission ever


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Hedgehog1963 #21 Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 52251 battles
  • 7,815
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostDzekas, on 05 September 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

 

Next mission tier is 3 arties. You have to get into match with three arties on a map, where your light can sneak past other 12 tanks. Once you get into such match, you stop playing for the win. Mission does not depend on player skill. It depends on random MM and three other players selecting to play specific machine type.

 

Partially depends on MM.  As for "sneaking past 12 other tanks,"  that's your frickin' job.  Should be a breeze at tier VI.

 

No one said it was easy...

 



Pansenmann #22 Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:50 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35122 battles
  • 13,097
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

I am stuck at LT-15, MT-15, HT-15 for T-55A

 

and that for some months now.

I don't complain, I'll manage someday

but till then, I try to win my matches.



qpranger #23 Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:56 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 35426 battles
  • 5,838
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostPansenmann, on 05 September 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

I am stuck at LT-15, MT-15, HT-15 for T-55A

 

and that for some months now.

 

About the same here.

I feel cursed.



malachi6 #24 Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:46 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 50920 battles
  • 3,875
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostDakado24, on 05 September 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

Spot 2 enemy SPGs and cause damage or critical hits to them.

 

 

*edited* is this missions, it tells you to play like a total yolo *edited* and whats the most *edited* is that if you dont hit the arty you wont do do the mission, but how can you hit both of them if you will spot arty most likely to the end of the battle and if you spot the arty your team mates will kill the arty in 1 sec so you wont have time to reload and shot the other arty.

 

And another *edited* aspect is that the missions tells you to leave the 1 arty at 100 hp and focus on the second arty, meanwhile the first arty can easily kill you.... *edited* WG!!!

 

 

 

This missions should be completely reworked to "Spot 2 enemy artilery and enable your team to kill them."

 

Funny thing is I do not play for PM's ever.  Unlocked this one and the WZ-132A at the same time.  Took it out first game and completed it.  It's so situational as to be funny.

Dzekas #25 Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:12 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 22987 battles
  • 47
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View PostHedgehog1963, on 05 September 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

 

Partially depends on MM.  As for "sneaking past 12 other tanks,"  that's your frickin' job.  Should be a breeze at tier VI.

 

No one said it was easy...

 

 

Nope. My light tank job is to assist others in detecting and damaging all 15 tanks. Not just three of them. It is not a breeze, cause not all maps have option to reach artilery without meeting others on the way and SPG spots might be close to action with others.

 

I've seen how LT-7 is done. Scout's team lost. This mission is way too dependent on random match making in order to get on the right map with the right amount of targets. And you won't get option for mistake. Three arties is the max that you can have in the game. WG already changed arty hunter medal requirements due to arty limits in MM. Pascusci requirements were lowered cause it turns out that you would never get other SPG hunter medal in current MM with previous medal's arty reqs.



Toni112007 #26 Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:09 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10735 battles
  • 597
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013
I stopped doing personal missions like a year ago. I don't play either light tanks or SPGs so there is no way for me to complete them. I didn't even get Stug IV.

Hedgehog1963 #27 Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:53 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 52251 battles
  • 7,815
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostDzekas, on 06 September 2017 - 03:12 AM, said:

 

Nope. My light tank job is to assist others in detecting and damaging all 15 tanks. Not just three of them. It is not a breeze, cause not all maps have option to reach artilery without meeting others on the way and SPG spots might be close to action with others.

 

I've seen how LT-7 is done. Scout's team lost. This mission is way too dependent on random match making in order to get on the right map with the right amount of targets. And you won't get option for mistake. Three arties is the max that you can have in the game. WG already changed arty hunter medal requirements due to arty limits in MM. Pascusci requirements were lowered cause it turns out that you would never get other SPG hunter medal in current MM with previous medal's arty reqs.

 

Yeah.  So no reason you can't do one while doing the other.  As for the MM thing... it  requires a bit of stick-to-it-ness.  Same with the map.

Cannes76 #28 Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:39 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 69882 battles
  • 1,868
  • [TAKE] TAKE
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View PostDakado24, on 05 September 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

And another *edited* aspect is that the missions tells you to leave the 1 arty at 100 hp and focus on the second arty, meanwhile the first arty can easily kill you.... *edited* WG!!!

 

 

Pretty sure you can kill them yourself if you want.

Spurtung #29 Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:43 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 68756 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostCannes76, on 06 September 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

Pretty sure you can kill them yourself if you want.

 

Yup. But it's funny to see that's how he interpreted the requirements.

Nickthedevil #30 Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:53 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23454 battles
  • 304
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-20-2014
MT-15, HT-15, TD-15 all finished with honours for the T-55A. No problem.

I've been stuck on LT-7 for months. Since I started counting I'm up to 122 light games, out of that 11 games have had 3 arty in them. There are loads of lights around at the moment as well, maybe because of the change in the MM+- or they are all chasing LT-7. The mission is ridiculously STUPID and should be changed. Wargaming are NOT listening to the player base as they constantly claim. The missions after LT-7 look incredibly easy after this monstrosity.

If you managed to do it in the last few months and say it's simple well Whoppy Do to you - thank your lucky stars all the conditions lined up for you for that one game.

I refuse to try the arty missions as I detest the class.

 

Spurtung #31 Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:36 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 68756 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostNickthedevil, on 06 September 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

The missions after LT-7 look incredibly easy after this monstrosity.

Why don't you try doing the others and leave that one for last before LT-15?



Lomion_EU #32 Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:39 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37458 battles
  • 597
  • [CSW] CSW
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012

Completed it with the tier  8 RU251 on Westfield.  After clearing the south east flank I just ran over the hill and down to the small clump of houses behind the cap spotted all 3 one shot into each first just to be sure then finished them off.  Job done.  Use a tank with a fast firing gun to get the three initial shots in - 

 

as with many personal missions you need the stars to align.  but when they do, you need to set your mind to take advantage of it.

 

I'm waiting for the 2 "+1" TD's that will allow me to upgrade MT-15.3 with honours and a few extra kills for TD-15.3 to unlock the T55A.  Only mildly frustrating.



cmgamesro #33 Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:41 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13675 battles
  • 558
  • [RO-SR] RO-SR
  • Member since:
    11-16-2015

View PostDakado24, on 05 September 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

Spot 2 enemy SPGs and cause damage or critical hits to them.

 

 

*edited* is this missions, it tells you to play like a total yolo *edited* and whats the most *edited* is that if you dont hit the arty you wont do do the mission, but how can you hit both of them if you will spot arty most likely to the end of the battle and if you spot the arty your team mates will kill the arty in 1 sec so you wont have time to reload and shot the other arty.

 

And another *edited* aspect is that the missions tells you to leave the 1 arty at 100 hp and focus on the second arty, meanwhile the first arty can easily kill you.... *edited* WG!!!

 

 

 

This missions should be completely reworked to "Spot 2 enemy artilery and enable your team to kill them."

the mission tells you to play 100 games/day so there will probably be a match where you are alone against 2-3 artys, in other words, to play more world of tanks.



HundeWurst #34 Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:45 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 72941 battles
  • 4,494
  • [FAME] FAME
  • Member since:
    02-06-2012

Newflash.... Most of the PM missions are bullocks since they all evolove around one single battle. There are just so many things you can do in every battle you join as in playing well and at the same time getting a mission done.

Half the missions make you play like an absolute moron to get get the requirements done.

Even though the next set of missions was supposed to arrive this year (as if....) I only hope that they are going to leave the idea of only including single battles behind but instead use streaks of battle. That would remove plenty of the RNG.

So maybe summer next year we will see the next set of missions.



250swb #35 Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:05 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 23216 battles
  • 5,453
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015
I don't do missions, they just happen if they happen. But I have noticed that some are 'doable' in the sense you envisage setting out to get them, and some, like this arty mission, are ones that are better to just let it happen otherwise they mess with the battle. But as they stand the rewards aren't worth the risk of screwing up the battle, and if rewards were better the gameplay would be even worse.

Nickthedevil #36 Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23454 battles
  • 304
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-20-2014

View PostSpurtung, on 06 September 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

Why don't you try doing the others and leave that one for last before LT-15?

 

That would be a sensible idea but I'm a bit of a Monk OCD type and not doing the missions in order would kinda freak me out  :amazed:

Spurtung #37 Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:43 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 68756 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostNickthedevil, on 06 September 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

That would be a sensible idea but I'm a bit of a Monk OCD type and not doing the missions in order would kinda freak me out  :amazed:

Then I guess all you have left is frustration until you finally get it done.

But meeting its requirements while having some other mission active would probably be worse.



CaptKhazi #38 Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:55 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 48035 battles
  • 382
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    01-02-2013

MT25 with 57mm gun is ideal for this mission. Fast-firing, quick and very manouvreable. Fortunately I have done all the light missions now - but it wasn't one I struggled with. On the 260 set, I did it on the first attempt in a lucky game on Serene coast when all the enemy tanks when on either flank and left the middle open and little old me just went in the enemy base, shot into each arty and then focus down one of them. As mentioned, you need to be quick before your own arty takes the kills - so that is why a fast-shooting tank is idea. Personally, I preferred the MT over the AMXs as it's really good at zipping around and corners well.

 

http://wotreplays.co...captkhazi-mt-25

 

Note when I did it, the conditions were harder and you had to kill an arty one tier higher - I can see that condition has since been nerfed to kill one SPG

 

 


Edited by CaptKhazi, 06 September 2017 - 04:58 PM.


Bordhaw #39 Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:19 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 13284 battles
  • 3,411
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostDakado24, on 05 September 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

Yeah red and orange players are telling me how to play, excellent job guys....

 

This missions just simply tell you that you need to play like a complete moron (like 95% of players do),

 

You started the topic. Do you want to do the mission or not? 

Baldrickk #40 Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:26 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 31925 battles
  • 15,682
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostCaptKhazi, on 06 September 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

MT25 with 57mm gun is ideal for this mission. Fast-firing, quick and very manouvreable. Fortunately I have done all the light missions now - but it wasn't one I struggled with. On the 260 set, I did it on the first attempt in a lucky game on Serene coast when all the enemy tanks when on either flank and left the middle open and little old me just went in the enemy base, shot into each arty and then focus down one of them. As mentioned, you need to be quick before your own arty takes the kills - so that is why a fast-shooting tank is idea. Personally, I preferred the MT over the AMXs as it's really good at zipping around and corners well.

 

http://wotreplays.co...captkhazi-mt-25

 

Note when I did it, the conditions were harder and you had to kill an arty one tier higher - I can see that condition has since been nerfed to kill one SPG

 

 

Well you were almost guaranteed to see higher tier arty before the lights were thrown in a blender






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users