Improved Vent-ilation, or how I learned to hate this tank

Nerf Buff WG

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Garrolus #1 Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28432 battles

With another update out and a fresh batch of angry threads calling for nerfs and buffs, I thought it would be neat to have a single thread where you could lament the tank you currently hate.  We as a community can then hand out imaginary glitter stickers for the most creative rants. So instead of clogging up the In-Game vehicle subforums, come say hello and share a laugh, while sharing the pain.

Derethim #2 Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16831 battles

Nice idea.

I hate the 110 right now. Now, it's not the kind of hate you get between siblings like, you should get used to it and adjust your playstyle like your girlfriend adjusts to your beer binges, but trust me - this green pile of steaming borccoli will leave you crying just like when eating said vegetable. The armor is good, up until you realize you have a massive soft spot on your lower plate made out of cardboard produced by a factory of hungry chinese children. And the mobility is great, but then you realize your broccoli is slower than an IS-3 - a vastly superior  tank. The view range is weird though, you can outspot some of the mediums in the game, so I guess it has at least some redeeming quality, because the goddamn gun won't penetrate a sexdoll.

Garrolus #3 Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28432 battles

Oooh, 110, what an absolute gem of a tank. I've sold it twice before and picked it up on the sale and was instantly reminded why I never got the WZ. My top 3 110 things about grinding the last painful 30k exp on it:

1. Dancing with the tank to a DJ Regard mix for half of the battle and getting flamed by my team.

2. Actually, and I'm for real here, throwing my hands in the air in elation after scoring a kill.

3. Making use of the tanks amazingly narrow width and slip through to the abbey courtyard unnoticed, and proceed to do nothing.

PowJay #4 Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:16 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34580 battles

I am presently hating the M3G FT.

When I got this TD with pretty impressive mobility out of the box (and with a 75% crew) and the much-loved (by me) 57mm gun, I thought that this would be a potential keeper.

NO gun depression, POOR traverse and DO NOT get me started on the accuracy. 50% hit rate, and when it does hit- with 112mm penetration at tier III- how many non-pens and crit hits have I had? Don't ask. View range and camouflage? On Himmelsdorf? Thanks a million. At least I don't get Mittengard at tier III.

The stats do not look too bad but compared to my keeper TDs- the SU-76M and Marder II, it sucks.

I struggled with it so badly at the start that I think I had one win from ten games- my tenth may have been a win, making it two. I am slowly dragging it up, but without using ANY Free XP, it has taken 25 battles to Elite it and it is GONE if I win the next battle and bring it to 50% WR.

On the bright side, I already have so many vehicles in the garage and if I wanted to keep every one, it would be a bind.

_Takumi_Fujiwara_ #5 Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:19 AM

Major

• Player
  • 19083 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Tiger II. A tank so bad that it gets you crippling depression.

It's so sluggish that many times I could not even fire my gun at at enemy, cause the team streamrolled the enemy by the time I got there.

In certain situations, I had to resort to equipping my binos and passively scout. In a heavy. Sometimes it worked (to a degree), sometimes it didn't.

The only good part of the tank would be the gun handling, but if you can't reach'em, you can't shoot'em...

I even got a nice little permanent mark on my fist from all the venting. As if the Tiger II wanted to give me a parting "gift", to make me remember it. I will. As the worst tank I've played.

StuffKnight #6 Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27848 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_

FV304:

Short range, stuck on city/sh*tty maps. All the time. I move into position and oh never mind the enemy here is already dead/I've been spotted by something and I'm dead. I often say that most of the maps in this game are just too goddamn small when anything above Tier VI is involved but holy f*cking hell this is a vehicle where the maps are simply too big!

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!

Even if it did have decent clicker range, it can't do anything anyway with this AMAZING new MM algorithm constantly saying "no u" and shoving it into some pointless cameo appearance in a Tier VIII sh*tshow vs giant slabs of steel. The gun is just pure sh*t.

Note:

Artillery in general is a tedious waste of time anyway. It's essentially a poorly-implemented crap class mained by boring scrubs with an irrational fear of using WASD, and I'm only playing them to research all vehicles (what a f*cking chore) and to do those stupid Personal Missions.

AT 7:

Why is this a thing. Slow, blind and seemingly made of balsa wood. Absolute f*cking crap.

Light Tanks:

Generally obsolete in the face of most Medium Tanks at the same tier since the shuffle and removal of 'Scout' MM. This is definitely a class which suffers with this absurd focus on corridor-laden teeny-tiny potato-PC-friendly mapsizes. Let's spot things! Never mind the MT's are doing it already! I can't even shoot things meaningfully because my gun's sh*t! Yay!

RECENT FINISH -- Ikv 65 Alt. II

What an absolutely f*cking horrible experience. I've never used so many reserves just to get a vehicle off my "to do" list.

EDIT/UPDATE:

110:

I hate this so much. Why in the f*cking name of Jupiter's balls is the reload *worse* than it is on the IS-2 when they use the same 122mm?

Edited by StuffKnight, 08 September 2017 - 08:39 PM.

Derethim #7 Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16831 battles

View PostStuffKnight, on 08 September 2017 - 01:41 AM, said:

AT 7:

Why is this a thing. Slow, blind and seemingly made of balsa wood. Absolute f*cking crap.

Don't forget the number of tumors you have.

mynameispuffs #8 Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 24038 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

G.W Panther. My precious beauty, what have they done to you :( 

Currently hating the kanonenjagdpanzer. Just cannot get the thing to work now. I can live with the squishy armour (the high HP pool makes up for that slightly) and the gun has great handling etc. but the camo is just UGH. I have it on a rating of 62%+ but it feels like I get spotted CONSTANTLY. Feels like a joke and its more like -62% -_- I'm getting close to the 3rd Mark on it (I need to average like 2k a game), but finding opportunities to actually sit and use the rapid RoF are so rare, because I either get spotted randomly or its a fecking corridor map (Pilsen i'm looking at you ya piece of turd). Grrr.

Derethim #9 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16831 battles

View Postmynameispuffs, on 13 September 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

G.W Panther. My precious beauty, what have they done to you :( 

Currently hating the kanonenjagdpanzer. Just cannot get the thing to work now. I can live with the squishy armour (the high HP pool makes up for that slightly) and the gun has great handling etc. but the camo is just UGH. I have it on a rating of 62%+ but it feels like I get spotted CONSTANTLY. Feels like a joke and its more like -62% -_- I'm getting close to the 3rd Mark on it (I need to average like 2k a game), but finding opportunities to actually sit and use the rapid RoF are so rare, because I either get spotted randomly or its a fecking corridor map (Pilsen i'm looking at you ya piece of turd). Grrr.

I saw a guy play it like an E25 and it worked surprisingly well. He just stayed in one bush a bit longer than the E25 would and kept to the edges of the map.

Edited by Derethim, 15 September 2017 - 11:08 PM.

MR_FIAT #10 Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18500 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_

Type 58 got me close to being dragged into a padded cell and straightjacket. 

Still suffering from the mental scarring, several months after finishing the grind. 

sluggish, garbage penn on both AP and APCR, large profile thats shat on by everything which gets amplified by the unuseable gun depression and trash penn, and if that wasnt bad enough the gun REFUSES to hit its target ever. 

Edited by MR_FIAT, 19 September 2017 - 11:20 AM.

PaiNzzz #11 Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16472 battles

I have a couple of tanks with which I have failed miserably and the thought of playing them again triggers me, but I only curse with so much passion when playing the unique, the devastating, the irreplacable 110!

Seriously. I don't even know what to begin with or why should I even tell you guys what's wrong with it. And the new MM doesn't help at all, being matched constantly vs tier 10s and for a break every third game just tier 9s. 175mm pen in a tier 8 heavy, and you have to grind just above 90k XP with that. There are so many flaws, even the colour is bad for God's sake!

*Edit* It's the only tank I've been repeatedly reported for bot because "I'm not doing anything", when I actually can't hit or pen a thing.

So instead, I'll just tell you what's *NOT* wrong with it. I hope you enjoy. Here's the list:

Edited by PaiNzzz, 19 September 2017 - 12:43 PM.

Derethim #12 Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16831 battles

View PostMR_FIAT, on 19 September 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

Type 58 got me close to being dragged into a padded cell and straightjacket. 

Still suffering from the mental scarring, several months after finishing the grind. 

sluggish, garbage penn on both AP and APCR, large profile thats shat on by everything which gets amplified by the unuseable gun depression and trash penn, and if that wasnt bad enough the gun REFUSES to hit its target ever. 

I liked it, for some reason and did well in it.

Pansenmann #13 Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33514 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

IS-8 aka T-10

I sold that tank twice so far.

Such unbelievable crapvehicle,

I still regret selling KV-4 :(

Type-58 / T34-1 /-2 

I like them quite much,

must of been the Type 59 crew I had available. ;)

Edited by Pansenmann, 20 September 2017 - 08:26 AM.

Also tagged with Nerf, Buff, WG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users