Random insults

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

ZlatanArKung #1 Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:58 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

Why is WOT the only game (I know off) where you get called different names/insults for actually being good at it.

It is like 'oh, that guy played good/have fancy colour, let's insult him' which imo is a very immature/childish behaviour.

Just like usage of derogatory terms like uniscum.

yun9 #2 Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 5105 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

short version: mad cuz bad

long version: mad because bad

SuedKAT #3 Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostZlatanArKung, on 05 September 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

Why is WOT the only game (I know off) where you get called different names/insults for actually being good at it.

It is like 'oh, that guy played good/have fancy colour, let's insult him' which imo is a very immature/childish behaviour.

I've been called plenty of nasty stuff in other games just for being good at it, as an example I was among the first Warlocks in EU to reach rank 14 (highest rank) back in vanilla WoW and players on the opposite team used friends/alt accounts (since you couldn't have horde and alliance on the same account at the time) to PM me insults similar to the ones I see in WoT, hacker as an example was quite common. Same goes for when I played Battlefield, heck it was even worse then. "Everyone better than you are hackers, everyone worse are bots" is quite accurate when it comes to how many see the game.

However there is one major difference, most other games I've played also had a lot of people "admiring and respecting" the ones that were better than you, that's not present in WoT to the same extent, for example I often got asked by other Warlocks in WoW for tips, when I later rolled other classes I was the one asking. In WoT your a hacker and gold spammer if you're any good at it, heck all you need to do is to kill someone.

Slyspy #4 Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14193 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostZlatanArKung, on 05 September 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

It is inevitable that the tomato will fight back. 

Browarszky #5 Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15999 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostZlatanArKung, on 05 September 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

Not just for being good at it....

Jigabachi #6 Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Depends what exactly you're on about.
It's a twofold issue. The first part is rather obvious: Bad players rage at good ones because they are jelly and Edited .
The other part is about respect. The gamebalance is pretty broken and the game is a paradise for statspadders. That's why you only have a few truly good players among a whole load of padders. That's why I tend to use the term "players with good stats" instead of "good players".

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks. 

Edited by VMX, 06 September 2017 - 11:34 AM.

BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:21 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22377 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

I see that in most of the games I've played........it's not restricted to WoT.

qpranger #8 Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:24 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 31484 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostZlatanArKung, on 05 September 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

You want adult gameplay?

Go play tetris noob :):)

jabster #9 Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

Considering the amount of players who think that it's ok to insult players because they're not in the top 5% then why would you be surprised?

yun9 #10 Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 5105 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostSuedKAT, on 05 September 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

However there is one major difference, most other games I've played also had a lot of people "admiring and respecting" the ones that were better than you, that's not present in WoT to the same extent, for example I often got asked by other Warlocks in WoW for tips, when I later rolled other classes I was the one asking. In WoT your a hacker and gold spammer if you're any good at it, heck all you need to do is to kill someone.

I get asked daily about advice and normally I try to help out, but a lot of the questions are hard to answer like "How do I get better?" is such a hard thing to put into words because if I actually watch one of their replays there's so much wrong I don't know where to start. I think information is one thing, but actually getting better has to do with experience and intuition and when people lack those they just can't put it into their head how someone can be that much better than themselves despite their efforts to improve. 

It's mostly about equipment/crewskills/loadouts and asking for platoons though, but the angriest people seem to be those who are stuck in a rut, stubbornness being what's holding them back and why they're resorting to the hacker/bot black/white mentality. It's to make themselves feel better, even though they're wrong and it's pointless. 

All in all this is a game that takes very long to get good at, I see the best of the best do mistakes all the time and so do I. It's a bit different from many other MMOs where great and perfect are fairly close to eachother while in WoT they're so far apart it's not even funny. 

Browarszky #11 Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:39 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15999 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View Postqpranger, on 05 September 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

You want adult gameplay?

Go play tetris noob :):)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOBBWrmfbH4

SuedKAT #12 Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_yung, on 05 September 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

I get asked daily about advice and normally I try to help out, but a lot of the questions are hard to answer like "How do I get better?" is such a hard thing to put into words because if I actually watch one of their replays there's so much wrong I don't know where to start. I think information is one thing, but actually getting better has to do with experience and intuition and when people lack those they just can't put it into their head how someone can be that much better than themselves despite their efforts to improve. 

It's mostly about equipment/crewskills/loadouts and asking for platoons though, but the angriest people seem to be those who are stuck in a rut, stubbornness being what's holding them back and why they're resorting to the hacker/bot black/white mentality. It's to make themselves feel better, even though they're wrong and it's pointless. 

All in all this is a game that takes very long to get good at, I see the best of the best do mistakes all the time and so do I. It's a bit different from many other MMOs where great and perfect are fairly close to eachother while in WoT they're so far apart it's not even funny. 

I'm no unicum, but I'm guessing that you stream and/or youtube and that's were the questions come from, not from players in the game it self? I would however be pleasantly surprised if it was random people you played with or against that PMed you for advice, since that would restore a bit of the faith I've lost in the population as a whole I must say. Regardless it's nice to hear that some at least actively try to understand the game better and in the process try to get better at it rather than blame everything else.

Long_Range_Sniper #13 Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:50 PM

General

• Player
  • 30607 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Don't forget Dingers also provide an expert insult deflection service. Our gameplay often confuses the opposition and receives appropriate insults, thus deflecting anything harmful from the rest of the team.

Tommy_Atkins_Teapot #14 Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21361 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Why is WOT the only game (I know off) where you get called different names/insults for actually being sheet at it.

It is like 'oh, that guy played c rap/have horrible colour, let's insult him' which imo is a very immature/childish behaviour.

Just like usage of derogatory terms like Tomato.

Dear Zlatan

FIFY

A view from the basement

Regards

Tommy.

qpranger #15 Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 31484 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBrowarszky, on 05 September 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

Now that is one proper game replay, not the Quickybaby blah-blah rubbish.

Enforcer1975 #16 Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20646 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post_yung, on 05 September 2017 - 07:34 PM, said:

There's a reason why it's said that wot is easy to learn but difficult to master. There is no end where you can improve yourself in the game. 

Problem is as you said bad players rather blame the sour grapes than do something, i have the feeling that many are at the limit of their skill while others don't seem to want to try. 

laulaur #17 Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46460 battles
I guess some people get triggered by rerolls, especially by the ones that camp and farm damage.

qpranger #18 Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:39 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 31484 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postlaulaur, on 05 September 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

I guess some people get triggered by rerolls,
especially by the ones that camp and farm damage.

Is there any other kind?

Long_Range_Sniper #19 Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:41 PM

General

• Player
  • 30607 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postlaulaur, on 05 September 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

I guess some people get triggered by rerolls, especially by the ones that camp and farm damage.

You did read the OP signature didn't you? Dingers would never let anyone in like that.

We're not like -MM who let that scurrilous statpadder LordMuffin join.

Pansenmann #20 Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33678 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

sometimes it is more a game of bait and banter -

but I draw a clear line, cancer or nazi stuff (and alike) is a no-no

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users