• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Siberian87 #1 Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 777 battles
Hi everyone.
I' m fairly new to this game.
i'd like to know what's the toughest tank and tank line in WoT.
i like to soak damage being the first line and don't need hard hitting tanks.

Thank you for the help.

Kozzy #2 Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

Basically the Russian IS line or KV line ending in the IS7 and IS4 respectively are considered best for newcomers, also have play styles along a lot of the lines for what you want.

The German Maus line and the Japanese heavy line are also good for what you want but probably require more skill at the lower levels to get the same results although the end-of-line tanks are the best in game for taking a beating.

Shizuthink #3 Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35216 battles
  • [ZEON] ZEON

Maus.

For lower tiers stuff like Matilda and KV-1. Japanese heavies can be bouncy too but they suffer immensely in a poor matchmaking.

Siberian87 #4 Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 777 battles

View PostKozzy, on 06 September 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

Basically the Russian IS line or KV line ending in the IS7 and IS4 respectively are considered best for newcomers, also have play styles along a lot of the lines for what you want.

The German Maus line and the Japanese heavy line are also good for what you want but probably require more skill at the lower levels to get the same results although the end-of-line tanks are the best in game for taking a beating.

I'm grinding the is4 line cause of kv4.
Will i experience t9 and t10 as tank as kv4 is in their respective tier? it seems like i can't.
Are japanese the tankiest?

TungstenHitman #5 Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24273 battles
The DUCK!!!

_LEO_ #6 Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 56016 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
Toughest tank and most OP tank in in its tier is abomination called Defender, but don't worry, according to WG you can easily kill it with TVP.

qpranger #7 Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 33819 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_LEO_, on 06 September 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

Toughest tank and most OP tank in in its tier is abomination called Defender, but don't worry, according to WG you can easily kill it with TVP.

So TVP is actually the toughest tank and that line starts with the already mentioned Kolohousenka. Coincidence? I think not!

PointZero #8 Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44043 battles

View PostSiberian87, on 06 September 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

Will i experience t9 and t10 as tank as kv4 is in their respective tier? it seems like i can't.

You will have an awfull time with the Tier 9 ST-I because

• you are rushing up tiers too fast
  • you are missing the BL-9 gun from IS-3 so you will have to play a Tier 9 heavy tank with a 122mm that Soviet TD's get at tier 6

TheR3dBaron #9 Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34733 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

I think you got the question wrong. You need to read up on game mechanics for angling and penetration.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/academy/tank-academy-armour-angling/

Once you know the mechanics you need to know there are no invulnerable tanks in the game. When you start driving around in your tanks and find yourself getting penned left front and center, you need to read up on how to use your armour in that particular vehicle (if possbile at all). Then you also start researching tanks you have problems penning. If you face a Maus, you load gold ammo and wait until it points its gun at you (or any flat surface) and shoot it in the cheeks. Alternatively, with 176 pen, you can load AP and shoot it trhough the inside of the tracks.

This game is about learning what to do in which situation.

Captain_Kremen0 #10 Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37612 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

Thought this would be a thread about which tank is the toughest to PLAY, but no such challenge.

OP don't fall in to the trap of many (like me) who spent their first few thousand battles just pressing "go" and "fire" and try to learn HOW to play them. It's not easy mind.

^^^^In before me while I was on the phone

Edited by Captain_Kremen0, 06 September 2017 - 02:31 PM.

leggasiini #11 Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15215 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostSiberian87, on 06 September 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

KV-4 is not particurarly good at the current state. IS-4 is quite tough too but its the worst tier 10 HT tbh. They do have plans to do something for the branch, so when you reach KV-4 and IS-4 I expect that they are already buffed so you can go for that. Just keep on mind that ST-I is almost unplayable when stock because it cant use KV-4's top gun and it has to use the D-25T, unless you researched BL-9 on IS-3 which is on the other line.

IS-7 line is sure good for beginners but they are really that heavily armored for heavies, expect for turrets at tier 8-10 and IS-7 is starting to be quite tough but still not the toughest.

If you want seriously tough tanks, get Maus or Type 5 Heavy. It takes to tier 8 where the Maus line gets really armored, though. Tanks before that have pretty poor armor. Type 5 Heavy line in return starts having tough armor as low as tier 5, and they are generally easy tanks to play. They dont teach about game mechanics like armor angling or weakspot knowledge as well as other tanks but they can be relaxing and fun to play.

Go up multiple lines and see what suits you the best.

Siberian87 #12 Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 777 battles

View PostTheR3dBaron, on 06 September 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

I think you got the question wrong. You need to read up on game mechanics for angling and penetration.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/academy/tank-academy-armour-angling/

Once you know the mechanics you need to know there are no invulnerable tanks in the game. When you start driving around in your tanks and find yourself getting penned left front and center, you need to read up on how to use your armour in that particular vehicle (if possbile at all). Then you also start researching tanks you have problems penning. If you face a Maus, you load gold ammo and wait until it points its gun at you (or any flat surface) and shoot it in the cheeks. Alternatively, with 176 pen, you can load AP and shoot it trhough the inside of the tracks.

This game is about learning what to do in which situation.

I understand this but my question was oriented to get the beefier tank in order to soak damage (wich does not mean i dont want to be penetrated)
If i can get some lucky highroll on armour or capitalize on people lack of knowledge (eg. not shooting in the maus cheecks) then it's fine, but i strongly appreciate your post, just it's not like i was looking for (ill study the best angulationfor the tank im going to choose ofcourse)

DorsVenabiIi #13 Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25908 battles
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE

Hi welcome to the game. Since you're new I'd recommend you go for a heavy line, the IS7 line is a great one for beginners, all of the tanks in the line are easy to play and very forgiving. 

When you have become a bit better with heavies and kinda gotten the hang of it then branch out to mediums, after the same thing happens with the mediums branch out to the light tanks( light tanks is by far the hardest role to play in the game, very few are efficient scouts so you should only start playing with these after some experience, especially if you're gonna play high tier scouts, they have the most vital roles).

TD's you can start at whenever you want, are good for learning bush mechanics if you use the stealthier ones, other than that there is not much to learn from them except for good camping spots. 

SPG's you can try if you want, but you won't grow as a player and actually learn anything. Very little skill is needed for spg's, basically none, so I would play this class the absolute least. Alot of new players never develop because they just keep playing arty since it requires no skill, so as a new player I would avoid it altogether.  

Siberian87 #14 Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 777 battles

View Postleggasiini, on 06 September 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

KV-4 is not particurarly good at the current state. IS-4 is quite tough too but its the worst tier 10 HT tbh. They do have plans to do something for the branch, so when you reach KV-4 and IS-4 I expect that they are already buffed so you can go for that. Just keep on mind that ST-I is almost unplayable when stock because it cant use KV-4's top gun and it has to use the D-25T, unless you researched BL-9 on IS-3 which is on the other line.

IS-7 line is sure good for beginners but they are really that heavily armored for heavies, expect for turrets at tier 8-10 and IS-7 is starting to be quite tough but still not the toughest.

If you want seriously tough tanks, get Maus or Type 5 Heavy. It takes to tier 8 where the Maus line gets really armored, though. Tanks before that have pretty poor armor. Type 5 Heavy line in return starts having tough armor as low as tier 5, and they are generally easy tanks to play. They dont teach about game mechanics like armor angling or weakspot knowledge as well as other tanks but they can be relaxing and fun to play.

Go up multiple lines and see what suits you the best.

Is japanese the toughest? japan line seems interesting for me.

Bora_BOOM #15 Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:53 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 23757 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

OP, I have looked at your profile. It does not look like its belonging to someone who is new to the game. 

:amazed:

DorsVenabiIi #16 Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25908 battles
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE

View PostBora_BOOM, on 06 September 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

OP, I have looked at your profile. It does not look like its belonging to someone who is new to the game. 

He has only played 500 battles, he has probably just gotten lucky with 52%, the sample size is still yet too small to draw any accurate conclusions from. His dmg values are in line with what you would expect from a newbie. 

Kozzy #17 Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:01 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

View PostBora_BOOM, on 06 September 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

Good point.  I think we are being spun a yarn here...

DorsVenabiIi #18 Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25908 battles
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE

View PostKozzy, on 06 September 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

Good point.

Not really

Siberian87 #19 Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 777 battles
I had a teacher but im bad, check my wn8

Kozzy #20 Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:08 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

View PostDorsVenabiIi, on 06 September 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

Not really

Yeah really.  Think of all the possibilities and which one is most likely.  I'm thinking either re-roll or bought account are simpler to explain than someone who bought premiums (no longer available ones) played for a few hundred games (2 years ago) then stopped until now to come onto the forums to ask this kind of question.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users