• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

gunslingerXXX #1 Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11077 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Warning tinfoil hat topic!

So, this morning I was in the bad RNG team with my KV-85. Full tier 6 game, My team rushes ahead resulting in some city-flanking.

At 12:23 battle time I shoot a HT No VI in the side from 10-20 meters, no shell at all... Ghost shell? ok, but next shot at 11:52 against T-34-85M, I first thought again no shell, but replay shows some Sparks off the thicker part of his armored plate. Tanks.gg gives it 170-175 mm effective armor, agains my 170 mm pen. ok. but still...

I have server aiming enabled.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3806280

Can anybody explain the first shot to me?

Kozzy #2 Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2
WG is obviously conspiring against you (for reasons) and, a select few, other people who just happen to believe such things.  What else could it possibly be?

AliceUnchained #3 Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:50 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

You have the replay... What I don't understand is why you can't even be bothered to check it yourself. At 12:24 - 12:23 I can see the tracer zing left past the turret, over the engine deck. While perhaps unlucky, you brought this on yourself by moving your cross-hair further to the left, instead of keeping it steady at the center hull right below the turret. So no, no ghost shell. Simply a miss at point blank range because you were unfortunate enough to have dispersion go up and left towards the small area not covered by the target vehicle.

The second shot on that T-34-85 was simply a failed penetration. You are aware that the penetration stat is an average, subject to +/- 25% variance?

Edit: As mentioned by OP, he did watch the replay before posting.

Edited by AliceUnchained, 07 September 2017 - 10:23 AM.

Baldrickk #4 Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30142 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
See above.

Props to OP for providing the replay though

gunslingerXXX #5 Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:18 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11077 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostAliceUnchained, on 06 September 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

You have the replay... What I don't understand is why you can't even be bothered to check it yourself. At 12:24 - 12:23 I can see the tracer zing left past the turret, over the engine deck. While perhaps unlucky, you brought this on yourself by moving your cross-hair further to the left, instead of keeping it steady at the center hull right below the turret. So no, no ghost shell. Simply a miss at point blank range because you were unfortunate enough to have dispersion go up and left towards the small area not covered by the target vehicle.

The second shot on that T-34-85 was simply a failed penetration. You are aware that the penetration stat is an average, subject to +/- 25% variance?

Thanks for watching!

Of course I watched myself, but after few replays I still failed to see the shell. Now you point it out I do see a spark in the distance after the shot. (Edit: no tracers in my replay, maybe due to graphic settings)

I do know about the +/- 25% pen, and that the hit on the T-34-85M was a failed pen. However that was also very unlucky the shell landed right at the hard part of the armour.

But still... pretty bad RNG in a row.

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 07 September 2017 - 08:19 AM.

Kozzy #6 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:02 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostAliceUnchained, on 06 September 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

Awww, you mean no proof of WG rigging?  No validation for conspiracy?  Booo that's no fun :(

And THIS is why the 'OMG it's all rigged!' type posts usually DON'T have replays.  Because the replays can all explain, using the previously described games mechanics, what is ACTUALLY going on.

Still, as Baldrickk says, respect to the OP for actually supplying the replay!  There are plenty of tin foil wearers on the forum who could learn a lesson from you.

Kozzy #7 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:09 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 07 September 2017 - 07:18 AM, said:

Thanks for watching!

Of course I watched myself, but after few replays I still failed to see the shell. Now you point it out I do see a spark in the distance after the shot. (Edit: no tracers in my replay, maybe due to graphic settings)

I do know about the +/- 25% pen, and that the hit on the T-34-85M was a failed pen. However that was also very unlucky the shell landed right at the hard part of the armour.

RNG is way too high for my liking and affects too many situations in unexpected ways.  Some say 'hey it also helps you' but I would rather hit when I mean to hit and miss when I didn't do what was needed to hit.

Thanks for supplying the replay BTW.

Bora_BOOM #8 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:22 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22695 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

OP, when you manage to ding ALC AMX (critical hit, not tracked) and also ding M44 with the next shot (no dmg, who knows what I have hit) please come back.

Gun shooting at them? Skorpion G that should overmatch armor anywhere on the both... That is RNG at it’s best.

AliceUnchained #9 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:22 AM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 07 September 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

Thanks for watching!

Alright, fair enough. I will retract the earlier comment, I guess I'm just an old sour puss always assuming the worst (which in this forum usually means being right). Anyway, it is indeed some unlucky RNG but it's only two moments out of many. And if I recall correctly you were actually aiming near that hatch firing on the T-34-85. So again, to a small degree you allowed for the circumstance in which you ended up with that bad RNG.

Also 2 other pointers, advise if you will (take it or leave it): Get into the fray sooner. It's a Tier VI game, and you're in a pretty nippy KV-85 yet it takes you almost 2,5 minutes before you take your first shot. After the bounce on the T-34-85 you should have gone for the side scrape sooner so that you'd be in a position to fire right after reloading. Now you're still behind the building when reloaded, wasting precious moments in which you could have taken better aim and eliminated the T-34-85.

View PostBora_BOOM, on 07 September 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

OP, when you manage to ding ALC AMX (critical hit, not tracked) 

Gun shooting at them? Skorpion G that should overmatch armor anywhere on the both... That is RNG at it’s best.

Which simply means you hit the track with no hull behind it. Unlucky, yes. Annoying, hell yes.

Edited by AliceUnchained, 07 September 2017 - 10:25 AM.

gunslingerXXX #10 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:44 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11077 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostAliceUnchained, on 07 September 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

Alright, fair enough. I will retract the earlier comment, I guess I'm just an old sour puss always assuming the worst (which in this forum usually means being right). Anyway, it is indeed some unlucky RNG but it's only two moments out of many. And if I recall correctly you were actually aiming near that hatch firing on the T-34-85. So again, to a small degree you allowed for the circumstance in which you ended up with that bad RNG.

Also 2 other pointers, advise if you will (take it or leave it): Get into the fray sooner. It's a Tier VI game, and you're in a pretty nippy KV-85 yet it takes you almost 2,5 minutes before you take your first shot. After the bounce on the T-34-85 you should have gone for the side scrape sooner so that you'd be in a position to fire right after reloading. Now you're still behind the building when reloaded, wasting precious moments in which you could have taken better aim and eliminated the T-34-85.

Which simply means you hit the track with no hull behind it. Unlucky, yes. Annoying, hell yes.

No problem, I know the forum standard ;)

Watched again, and the shot on the hatch T34-85M was indeed close to the center of aiming.

Thanks for the advice! I tried to be quick to the battle but underestimated the push of my teammates. (Also it helped them that the enemy was quite slow).

Second point I will try to work on. Probably I first thought just to take the hit from him to secure the kill, but deceided against it because we were already outnumbered. Also my reaction speed is not very good I'm noticing. I have some difficulties aiming sometimes. Probably because I'm 'oldish'.

gunslingerXXX #11 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:45 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11077 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostBora_BOOM, on 07 September 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

OP, when you manage to ding ALC AMX (critical hit, not tracked) and also ding M44 with the next shot (no dmg, who knows what I have hit) please come back.

If you buy me the Skorpion G I will try OK?

:P

Bora_BOOM #12 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:51 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22695 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostAliceUnchained, on 07 September 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

I think, but I am not sure, that hit was on the gun or viewport (if that’s possible) or whatever. He was on full speed and I was leading a shot (Westfield middle shooting at mediums flank). I hit and he does not even slow down. And that was the peak of the trolling that gun has been giving me for a long stretch of games at the time... M44 was only traversing.

Annoying as hell, rightly put.

Bora_BOOM #13 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:54 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22695 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 07 September 2017 - 09:45 AM, said:

If you buy me the Skorpion G I will try OK?

:P

Haha, good one... :teethhappy:

gunslingerXXX #14 Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:02 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11077 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostBora_BOOM, on 07 September 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

Haha, good one... :teethhappy:

Guess it wouldn't work anyway as Skorpion doesn't meet ELC anymore

AliceUnchained #15 Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:03 AM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostBora_BOOM, on 07 September 2017 - 10:51 AM, said:

I think, but I am not sure, that hit was on the gun or viewport (if that’s possible) or whatever. He was on full speed and I was leading a shot (Westfield middle shooting at mediums flank). I hit and he does not even slow down. And that was the peak of the trolling that gun has been giving me for a long stretch of games at the time... M44 was only traversing.

Annoying as hell, rightly put.

Also possible yes. The gun and view ports are external modules and if you hit those there won't be any HP damage. Same goes for the tracks when there's no hull behind it. Personally I do think it should be reworked by Wargaming as it is ridiculous you can strike thinly armored vehicles with massive 12.8 cm projectiles and end up with nothing. But within the current game mechanics situations like that can, and will, happen from time to time unfortunately.

Bora_BOOM #16 Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:18 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22695 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 07 September 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

Guess it wouldn't work anyway as Skorpion doesn't meet ELC anymore

You could always try that with a Bulldog. I shot him, he does a little pirouette on the Himmelsdorf pavement, insta-repair tracks and GTFO.

0 dmg.

I am so good at it. :medal:

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 07 September 2017 - 11:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users