Jump to content


i cant believe what i see...weakpoints on new tanks?


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Bucifel #1 Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:52 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27744 battles
  • 1,373
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

like i said in title...i really cant believe...

Spoiler

 

can be that true? WG finally opened their eyes and did something good??

Or just fired incompenent developers who ruined game..? :trollface:

 

finally a big GG from me WG...

thats what this game needs for balance...thats what all tanks need...RELEVANT WEAKPOINTS (weak enough for standard ammo) !

 

after that just rebalance gold ammo and problem is solved 90%.

 

ah man...finally good news...finally a new premium tank wich is not stupid designed...


Edited by Bucifel, 07 September 2017 - 12:02 AM.


Spurtung #2 Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:56 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60111 battles
  • 5,479
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013
When you see it sidescrapping with the right hand side hidden you'll be looking for the turret and the MG port to shoot at and then you'll create a new thread.

Edited by Spurtung, 06 September 2017 - 09:56 PM.


Bucifel #3 Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27744 battles
  • 1,373
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostSpurtung, on 06 September 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

When you see it sidescrapping with the right hand side hidden you'll be looking for the turret and the MG port to shoot at and then you'll create a new thread.

 

negative

 

when he knows what he must do he deserve to bounce and survive

 

when he expose his weakpoints...wich are really good in this case...rip him.

in that way its all about players, and thats exactly how it should be.

 

LFP, cupola and machinegun weak...just perfect...ok, maybe that cupola is a bit too big...but its much better than impenetrable cupolas



Spurtung #4 Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:05 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60111 battles
  • 5,479
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013
I'm not getting this one, but I like that bicycle.

PoIestar #5 Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:21 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 30821 battles
  • 3,955
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

I cannot in anyway find anything good in adding another Maus ripoff in this game. Maus is broken, VK 100.01 P is broken, both should be nerfed hard.

This tank is one we don't need in the game. The Löwe is borderline atm, so if people want a premium German HT, get that.



Kartoshkaya #6 Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:35 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20905 battles
  • 335
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015
Now, let's see if you'll buy it. Because if you don't WG will remove the weakspots.

Bucifel #7 Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:00 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27744 battles
  • 1,373
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

i think you misunderstood a bit..

 

what i mean..is that tank is much much better designed and not damaging for game than last abominations released by WG like defender, crysler...etc

 

of course, its not necessary...we already have too much prem. tanks...but if they corected that mistake (op tanks) and release normal tanks again, like how was suposed to be...its nothing wrong anymore.

 

and you cant compare it with Maus...wich have 0 weakpoints still

 

no, i wont buy anything because game is not fixed.

OP tanks and broken balance are still here...but this tank is a good step in right direction. (if they dont change its 3d model, of course..)



leggasiini #8 Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:07 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 9627 battles
  • 5,810
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

It honestly looks bad and UP, though not because of the weakspots.

 

Its indeed a step to right direction. I think the weakspots could be maybe a little bit stronger, though those could be fine if the tank had a unique niche. Right now however its literally 100% flat out worse VK 100 with no advantages over it whatsover (though VK 100 is OP as [edited]and should be nerfed but still)

 

  • 4.6 HP/ton. Its literally like VK 100 with permanent engine damage. When its engine is broken, VK 100 is almost unable to move and is basically unplayable. On top of that it can still take engine damage or lose its driver.
  • The lower side armor is 60mm thick. If you angle more than 30 degrees, KV-85 can pen your side through tracks with AP, permatrack and damage you.
  • Front turret is complete hindrance: you cant angle your front from corners (unless against lowtiers which it barely sees with the new matchmaking) like jap heavies because it still has LFP weakspot and if you peek to much you expose your tracks and get fokked, it also hinders sidescraping because of that. You need reverse very far away because angling more than 30 degrees while hiding the tracks is very hard, if not possible at all. Reverse sidescraping? Yes if you want to position yourself for like 1 minute lol because of the mobility
  • The mobility means that it cant wiggle properly either. Everything can just shoot your cupolas because you are too slow to accelerate.
  • Unlike VK 100 the turret cheeks are huge and quite flat like Maus so if you have more than 230 pen you go through the turret quite reliably. VK 100's BS turret trolls even tier 10s.
  • Front mounted turret likely means it has similar ammorack problems to VK 100 and japanese heavies
  • It has same gun, view range and HP as VK 100

 

All that for having ability to angle the turret. Yea, not really worth it.

 

However I think they shouldnt implement this in the first place. We already have the Löwe. We dont need this. Bring a tier 8 premium for branches that actually need it (like you did with Chinese TD and are probably going to do with French).

 

I honestly feel like this is for now basically a testbed for testing weakspots on super-heavies instead of actual planned premium (in its current state) which would be a good thing. No way they release this with that engine power.

 


Edited by leggasiini, 07 September 2017 - 07:26 AM.


Cobra6 #9 Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:03 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • 15,011
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

All weakspots on one side and easy to hide. You'll need just as much goldammo for this as the other T8 super heavy.

 

I can remember WG saying 1,5 years ago that they were not going to release the new Maus branch as it would be bad for the game........guess the lust for money won over common sense a short while later.

 

Cobra 6



Gremlin182 #10 Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:28 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 45385 battles
  • 7,507
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Question is why the heck does it matter if special ammo is needed to kill a tank under certain circumstances.

There are guns in the game that with standard ammo can pen any tank.

There are also in the game tanks with armour so thick or sloped that some guns have a problem penning them at least from the front.

So you always carry some special ammo for those occasions.

 

You never get a game where you personally have to only fire such special ammo against every tank you meet.

Sometimes you carry say six rounds sometimes more I have some that carry 2 thirds AP and 1 third APCR or HEAT.

So what, I do not need them every game so its no problem.

That Defender that's so OP or so I'm told, have you ever looked at the height of that that lower plate and its only 220 mm and if the tank is trying to use its gun depression its down to about 170 so shoot it there.

 

The tank has terrible view range so its not difficult to shoot that plate at range before you are spotted.

If not flank it

Its really no more OP than an IS3 and in some respects inferior.

Anyway there must be something really wrong with those recent premium OP tanks because you never really see them.

 

Occasionally there will be a defender or Liberte in a game but not often I do see patriots a little more often. but not seen a Chrysler for months.

 

I do think they should do a rework of the APCR HEAT HESH and so on to make each type of ammo more specialised and if they did that they could stop trying to make it a gold sink quite so much.

I would rather players had to decide what ammo to use and how to use it than just rely on a stupid weak spot that rng often make almost impossible to hit.



sgtYester #11 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:01 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 52227 battles
  • 1,412
  • [RANGF] RANGF
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

View PostGremlin182, on 07 September 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

Question is why the heck does it matter if special ammo is needed to kill a tank under certain circumstances.

There are guns in the game that with standard ammo can pen any tank.

There are also in the game tanks with armour so thick or sloped that some guns have a problem penning them at least from the front.

So you always carry some special ammo for those occasions.

 

You never get a game where you personally have to only fire such special ammo against every tank you meet.

Sometimes you carry say six rounds sometimes more I have some that carry 2 thirds AP and 1 third APCR or HEAT.

So what, I do not need them every game so its no problem.

That Defender that's so OP or so I'm told, have you ever looked at the height of that that lower plate and its only 220 mm and if the tank is trying to use its gun depression its down to about 170 so shoot it there.

 

The tank has terrible view range so its not difficult to shoot that plate at range before you are spotted.

If not flank it

Its really no more OP than an IS3 and in some respects inferior.

Anyway there must be something really wrong with those recent premium OP tanks because you never really see them.

 

Occasionally there will be a defender or Liberte in a game but not often I do see patriots a little more often. but not seen a Chrysler for months.

 

I do think they should do a rework of the APCR HEAT HESH and so on to make each type of ammo more specialised and if they did that they could stop trying to make it a gold sink quite so much.

I would rather players had to decide what ammo to use and how to use it than just rely on a stupid weak spot that rng often make almost impossible to hit.

 

as if u have any cleu what this game needs.. http://www.noobmeter...n182/503135525/

AliceUnchained #12 Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:20 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 37820 battles
  • 8,522
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostSpurtung, on 06 September 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

When you see it sidescrapping with the right hand side hidden you'll be looking for the turret and the MG port to shoot at and then you'll create a new thread.

 

Or he'll be playing it and the creating a cry & moan thread about all the gold ammo being spammed.

 

View PostsgtYester, on 07 September 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

as if u have any cleu what this game needs.. http://www.noobmeter...n182/503135525/

 

Same goes for you. Heck, you seem to have even less a clue actually.



PoIestar #13 Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:21 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 30821 battles
  • 3,955
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

View PostsgtYester, on 07 September 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

 

as if u have any cleu what this game needs.. http://www.noobmeter...n182/503135525/

 

Do us a favor and moan somewhere else about stats. Or just not at all. Thanks.

Alternatively, if that's how you think it works, your stats are also not exactly impressive considering your amount of games played. But that's just irrelevant information I would prefer to not share. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users