Jump to content


IS-7 worse gun than T-10

IS-7 T-10 Russia Heavys

  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Frankenstein_42 #1 Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:20 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 8023 battles
  • 110
  • [GTI-O] GTI-O
  • Member since:
    04-24-2014

Hey Guys!

 

Why does the IS-7 has a worse gun then the T-10 only two stats are better:

1. the dmg per shot but just by 50 hitpoints

2. the aimtime

But still the IS-7 is a tier higher then the T-10 so why does it not have a better gun?

 

Frankenstein_42



laulaur #2 Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:30 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46450 battles
  • 986
  • [FOXX] FOXX
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011

Because it seems like everyone is upset about 'russian bias'.

And no one talks about how garbage is IS4....



xx984 #3 Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:35 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 50845 battles
  • 2,066
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013
Not just the gun, T-10 Was vastly superior tier for tier compared to the IS7.  T-10 was the best one on that line. IS-3 is rather underwhelming T-10 is amazing, IS-7 is good. Not mentioning the ones before tier 8 as i dont remember them too well. and i said the T-10 "Was" because i have not played much of the IS7 in its buffed form.. 

Warzey #4 Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:40 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 56245 battles
  • 800
  • [XEQTE] XEQTE
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

View PostFrankenstein_42, on 06 September 2017 - 10:20 PM, said:

Hey Guys!

 

Why does the IS-7 has a worse gun then the T-10 only two stats are better:

1. the dmg per shot but just by 50 hitpoints

2. the aimtime

But still the IS-7 is a tier higher then the T-10 so why does it not have a better gun?

 

Frankenstein_42

 

You get better damage per shot, better soft stats, better aim time, infinitely better armor, better mobility. The downsides are that DPM stays the same and accuracy is slightly worse, but those are the balancing factors. 

leggasiini #5 Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:17 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 9627 battles
  • 5,810
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012
Yeah IS-7 has worse gun and overall mobility isnt quite as good even after buffs (T-10 has better acceleration and is way more agile though IS-7 straight line speed is now almost comparable, however it still rarely reaches the top speed) but it also has significantly higher survivability. +600 health and much, much stronger armor

imendars #6 Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:47 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10939 battles
  • 1,071
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    04-17-2014
:popcorn:   

Bora_BOOM #7 Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:37 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 20226 battles
  • 2,496
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

If a player knows what to do with IS-7 it can be put into situations that make it an absolute beast. Mobility and one of the best armors in the game when utilized properly have no match. With T-10 its not that easy, or even possible. With recent buffs IS-7 is much more competitive although some other (heavy) tanks dominate the game just because they are not balanced. The new gun stats are much better, and making them improved even more would arguably put the tank out of the boundaries we would like. Type5 and Maus have clearly passed trough. Having them two properly balanced (nerfed) would make majority of heavies pretty equal at the top, with IS-7 there as well.

 

A hint:


Edited by Bora_BOOM, 07 September 2017 - 07:43 AM.


STLR #8 Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:31 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30112 battles
  • 721
  • Member since:
    06-07-2013

View PostBora_BOOM, on 07 September 2017 - 07:37 AM, said:

If a player knows what to do with IS-7 it can be put into situations that make it an absolute beast. Mobility and one of the best armors in the game when utilized properly have no match. With T-10 its not that easy, or even possible. With recent buffs IS-7 is much more competitive although some other (heavy) tanks dominate the game just because they are not balanced. The new gun stats are much better, and making them improved even more would arguably put the tank out of the boundaries we would like. Type5 and Maus have clearly passed trough. Having them two properly balanced (nerfed) would make majority of heavies pretty equal at the top, with IS-7 there as well.

 

A hint:

 

He's right :) one part is that IS-7 has one of the best armors in the game, it had it before as well , and now has more hitpoints and a decent gun :)  not near Type 5 and Maus but still...

Lord_Edge #9 Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:32 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5757 battles
  • 741
  • Member since:
    11-26-2016

The simple answer is historical accuracy (yes it does sometimes happen in WoT).

 

The IS, IS-2, IS-3 and IS-4 were designed, built and put into service during WW2, the IS-6 was a prototype that never saw production and the IS-7 was a prototype from just after WW2.  The T-10 however is vastly different.  The T-10 (Also known as the IS-8 and IS-9 during development then initially known as the IS-10 during production) was the final tank of the IS line and the most successful.  

 

The T-10, despite only being at tier 9 was a post war design, and to muddy things even more the tier 8 clan reward tank that is in the game as the IS-5(Object 730) is actually a 1953 T-10, whereas the tank that is in the game as the T-10 is a T-10M model from 1957.

 

The T-10M has the M62-T2 gun which is naturally better than the one on the IS-7 because it was introduced over a decade later and has access (in reality and in game) to high performance HEAT ammo (and APDS but we wouldn't want to break the game lol).  The reason this gun is also on the IS-4 and ST-I in WoT while not historically accurate is because balance (them having the same gun as an IS would make them useless).

 

So yeah that's why the T-10 has a better gun than the older IS-7.


Edited by Ubersonic, 07 September 2017 - 08:59 AM.


Dava_117 #10 Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:43 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17589 battles
  • 2,190
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostUbersonic, on 07 September 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

The T-10 (AKA IS-8) uses the same gun as the ST-I and IS-4 because IIRC it used to be the KV line as the tier X tank, it's still very good nerfed at tier 9, prior to the IS-7 buffs I actually preferred the T-10 (haven't played the 7 enough post buffs to form an opinion) as it may have slightly lower alpha but it's a very good gun and has higher gold pen combined with more mobility.  Obviously the IS-7 has better armor.

 

I think you're getting confused with IS-4 being tier IX in the former unic Soviet Heavy Line.

Edited by Dava_117, 07 September 2017 - 08:44 AM.


tajj7 #11 Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:57 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 24356 battles
  • 13,836
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

T-10 is more of a heavium, it's armour is pretty unreliable, most tier 8s can pen the upper plate, IIRC it might even be about the same as IS3, in fact you could argue the IS3's armour might be better.

 

Whereas IS7 is very well armoured, invincible turret and an UFP that is like 280-300 effective in most places front on. 



SABAOTH #12 Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:58 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36377 battles
  • 2,874
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View Postlaulaur, on 06 September 2017 - 11:30 PM, said:

Because it seems like everyone is upset about 'russian bias'.

And no one talks about how garbage is IS4....

 

Agreed, IS 4 need some love. :girl:

Browarszky #13 Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:00 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 14904 battles
  • 2,749
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View Posttajj7, on 07 September 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

T-10 is more of a heavium, it's armour is pretty unreliable, most tier 8s can pen the upper plate, IIRC it might even be about the same as IS3, in fact you could argue the IS3's armour might be better.

 

Whereas IS7 is very well armoured, invincible turret and an UFP that is like 280-300 effective in most places front on. 

 

That doesn't sound anything like the IS-7 I had though...:hiding:

Lord_Edge #14 Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:00 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5757 battles
  • 741
  • Member since:
    11-26-2016

View PostDava_117, on 07 September 2017 - 08:43 AM, said:

I think you're getting confused with IS-4 being tier IX in the former unic Soviet Heavy Line.

Yeah, I woke up after posting and revised it lol.



Frankenstein_42 #15 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:08 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 8023 battles
  • 110
  • [GTI-O] GTI-O
  • Member since:
    04-24-2014

View PostWarzey, on 06 September 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

 

You get better damage per shot, better soft stats, better aim time, infinitely better armor, better mobility. The downsides are that DPM stays the same and accuracy is slightly worse, but those are the balancing factors. 

 

Better softstats?

Better rate of fire

Better aimtime (both 100% crews no skills no consumables)

and the saim dmg per minute so its in every respect better than alpha dmg.... 

 

So for all of you smartases:

You cann't compare a tier 9 with a tier 10 easily.

Yes the IS-7 has better armour more health [...] BUT it's a tier higher....

You can only see what is getting bether the next tier.

But the gun is getting worse. I mean can you tell some other tankline that shows the same think? I don't think so....


 

hasnainrakha57 #16 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12588 battles
  • 463
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013
I dont drive is7 but all i can say THAT thing get ammoracked so much jpze100 one shot that thing in so much matches it gets boomed turret flying.

Lord_Edge #17 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:55 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5757 battles
  • 741
  • Member since:
    11-26-2016

View PostFrankenstein_42, on 07 September 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

But the gun is getting worse. I mean can you tell some other tankline that shows the same think? I don't think so....

The IS-7, IS-4, ST-I and T-10 all use a tier X gun, the difference being that the IS-7 gets a different tier X gun to the other three.  It's lower accuracy is made up for by the fact it usually fires it from a closer distance (in many cases hugging the target's face).


Edited by Ubersonic, 07 September 2017 - 10:56 AM.


Bora_BOOM #18 Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:11 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 20226 battles
  • 2,496
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

There is nothing wrong with IS-7 gun, especially now.

If you cannot hit with it and the enemy can hit you - you are playing it wrong.

When enemy can hit you but can’t do damage - you are most likely playing it right.

 

I have heard a good player & streamer saying IS-7 is the best medium now - go the medium side and make their game miserable. Since I am no expert I took that advice cause what could possibly go wrong? Two times I was owned by t10 mediums looking like a donkey, dying quickly.. But 6 times it was just amazing.

 

Nothing wrong with that gun whatsoever, the rest of the tank just works for it perfectly well.



Warzey #19 Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:20 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 56245 battles
  • 800
  • [XEQTE] XEQTE
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

View PostFrankenstein_42, on 07 September 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

 

Better softstats?

Better rate of fire

Better aimtime (both 100% crews no skills no consumables)

and the saim dmg per minute so its in every respect better than alpha dmg.... 

 

Yes, better soft stats as in better dispersion values across the board for turret rotation, hull rotation and moving. I was wrong about better aim time, but since IS-7 does have better dispersion values the aim time should feel the same or better on IS-7. It's meaningless to compare rate of fire when the guns don't have same damage per shot, as far as damage per minute is concerned it's effectively the same on IS-7 and T-10, so if damage per minute is the same it's better to have higher damage per shot. Not to mention that IS-7 has an extra degree of gun depression. Overall IS-7 has a better gun, it's only a bit better but it's still better. As others pointed out real upgrade from T-10 to IS-7 is the insane armor gain while retaining most of the mobility. If you at the T-10, the hull armor is worthless, any gun with more than 200 pen can reliably penetrate no matter how you angle it, the only good piece of armor is the front of the turret, but even there you have cupolas on top that can be penetrated.

 

I personally found the real value of IS-7 during the beta ranked season. You may not have the most damage in the team or highest experience, but IS-7 gets the job done. With some proper positioning IS-7 will be holding and breaking the flank, enemies can spam you front with premium shells all day long, but you can count on your armor to stop all of them without exception.

 



commer #20 Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:34 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38080 battles
  • 1,995
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011

View Postlaulaur, on 06 September 2017 - 11:30 PM, said:

Because it seems like everyone is upset about 'russian bias'.

And no one talks about how garbage is IS4....

 

Funny thing is people get decent WR on the IS4 despite not enjoying it. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users