Jump to content


Free cam in replay?


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Condono #1 Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:18 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10028 battles
  • 423
  • [13KIL] 13KIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011
How to roam around in replay? Like with camera? Is it related to specific mod? Need it to take some screenshots.

Emeraldweed #2 Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9650 battles
  • 899
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012
its an illegal mod that you can use only for replays ( not in randoms ) 

Junglist_ #3 Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:22 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 36653 battles
  • 1,344
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

View PostEmeraldweed, on 07 September 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

its an illegal mod that you can use only for replays ( not in randoms ) 

 

Is it really illegal? If so why would it be if it works only in replays?

ricoBenitez1 #4 Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 506 battles
  • 599
  • Member since:
    10-29-2013

View PostEmeraldweed, on 07 September 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

its an illegal mod that you can use only for replays ( not in randoms ) 

 

Actually i dont think its illegal since its only for replays, but if it makes your day saying it is  then what rocks your boat.

Emeraldweed #5 Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9650 battles
  • 899
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View PostJunglist_, on 07 September 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

 

Is it really illegal? If so why would it be if it works only in replays?

 

It was meant for use in randoms ( obviously giving advantage) So WG banned it , QB asked if he could use it only for the replays-vids and he got it approved as long as it was only used for vid creation and not in randoms

malachi6 #6 Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:04 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 49607 battles
  • 3,336
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
I think QB runs a different client for replays tan his gaming client.

Condono #7 Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:13 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10028 battles
  • 423
  • [13KIL] 13KIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011
I guess it is better to just avoid it than taking the risk. Ill just do screenshots trough normal view then in replays.

Edited by Condono, 07 September 2017 - 02:13 PM.


Balc0ra #8 Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:16 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 65810 battles
  • 16,038
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostEmeraldweed, on 07 September 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

 

It was meant for use in randoms ( obviously giving advantage) So WG banned it , QB asked if he could use it only for the replays-vids and he got it approved as long as it was only used for vid creation and not in randoms

 

The current versions has never had that ability. Nor anyone of the versions they released. Thus the mod only works during replays, and thus WG never had an issue with it. As you can't use it when playing. As what they planed to do with it at first, and what the mod actually do now are two different things. As many mods have been blacklisted by WG. But later turned legal again with one or two things removed or altered.

Edited by Balc0ra, 07 September 2017 - 02:17 PM.


Condono #9 Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:24 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10028 battles
  • 423
  • [13KIL] 13KIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 07 September 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

 

The current versions has never had that ability. Nor anyone of the versions they released. Thus the mod only works during replays, and thus WG never had an issue with it. As you can't use it when playing. As what they planed to do with it at first, and what the mod actually do now are two different things. As many mods have been blacklisted by WG. But later turned legal again with one or two things removed or altered.

 

Are there any free cam mods listed in this forum? That are legal to use? Did look for free cam but not much came up.

Emeraldweed #10 Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:16 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9650 battles
  • 899
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View PostCondono, on 07 September 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

 

Are there any free cam mods listed in this forum? That are legal to use? Did look for free cam but not much came up.

 

https://www.youtube....h?v=UkSbqa5LGMg

 



Emeraldweed #11 Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:17 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9650 battles
  • 899
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View PostBalc0ra, on 07 September 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

 

The current versions has never had that ability. Nor anyone of the versions they released. Thus the mod only works during replays, and thus WG never had an issue with it. As you can't use it when playing. As what they planed to do with it at first, and what the mod actually do now are two different things. As many mods have been blacklisted by WG. But later turned legal again with one or two things removed or altered.

 

QB explained that in a vid which i cant find atm, never bothered with the mod myself

CmdRatScabies #12 Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:50 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 36936 battles
  • 4,072
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostBalc0ra, on 07 September 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

 

The current versions has never had that ability. Nor anyone of the versions they released. Thus the mod only works during replays, and thus WG never had an issue with it. As you can't use it when playing. As what they planed to do with it at first, and what the mod actually do now are two different things. As many mods have been blacklisted by WG. But later turned legal again with one or two things removed or altered.

 

Pretty sure that the one I have works in game as well as replays but I think anyone that can use Freecam and play the game at the same time deserves a medal.

LCpl_Jones #13 Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9770 battles
  • 706
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    06-17-2017
freecam should be in the vanilla client for replays, it's really useful for reviewing what happens and how the enemy haxxor shoot through a wall or rock. hint: they don't it's normally piss poor positioning or not realising you have some of your junk hanging out :teethhappy:

qpranger #14 Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:01 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32003 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

You silly people, WG stated it is

illegal even to mention THAT mod.

Enjoy your lifetime ban OP.

#feelsbadman



CmdRatScabies #15 Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:02 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 36936 battles
  • 4,072
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View Postqpranger, on 07 September 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

You silly people, WG stated it is

illegal even to mention THAT mod.

Enjoy your lifetime ban OP.

#feelsbadman

 

I'm wondering why it's even illegal.  It only shows you what you can already see but from a different perspective.

qpranger #16 Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:04 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32003 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 07 September 2017 - 07:02 PM, said:

 

I'm wondering why it's even illegal.  It only shows you what you can already see but from a different perspective.

 

Yeah, just like LSD.

Guess what, that is illegal too.



CmdRatScabies #17 Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 36936 battles
  • 4,072
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View Postqpranger, on 07 September 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

 

Yeah, just like LSD.

Guess what, that is illegal too.

 

Yeah, exactly like LSD.  :)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users