RIP WOT 2011-2017

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

ZlatanArKung #81 Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:29 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View PostDracheimFlug, on 08 September 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

Actually the usual reasons are stagnation and newer competitors, with the problem of legacy coding compounding the stagnation issue.

Past a certain point, player retention becomes more difficult as it becomes harder and harder to add new content that is truly new or different, and doing the same thing long enough gets boring over time, especially for those who have unlocked everything unlockable.

Recruiting and retaining new players is likewise tricky, since an older game is rarely seen as shiny as something brand new, and since even with player protection in a competitive game they are soon competing with more established players.

As for whether WoT is retaining or losing players overall, most servers seem to be doing ok, but NA certainly has been shrinking.

I don't think stagnation is a problem. Because then games like LoL/Dota would have died out long time ago. Same map, same heroes, same items.

New heroes added very rarely (2-3 new ones in 4 years for Dota 2).

With good and interesting gameplay that focus on other stuff then grinding all tanks (like winning, getting ranks/MMR or othere achievements without end) WoT would probably do better.

For me, that is what I lack in WoT, a way to achieve something which isn't just the next tank. I want to succeed in 'other' areas, like ranks/MMR or maybe even CW. But those things are very non-existent in WoT.

Also, I dislike the new MM, which is why I don't play. I also dislike the heavy tank/premium shooting meta. But these are game mechanics and balance stuff, and for me is in another category.

Currently WoT is doing fine, but I would (as leader of WOT EU) think that the recent numbers are slightly worrying, considering the amount of grinds (T-34-85M, Jap Tiger) and new content put in (new premiums, Chinese TD line, new Foch 50B) and still not have higher player rate for this time of year.

Obsessive_Compulsive #82 Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

General

• Player
  • 28747 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 07 September 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

blah blah..

why did you abandon the flank? are you french?

Garrolus #83 Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29612 battles

View PostZlatanArKung, on 08 September 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

For me, that is what I lack in WoT, a way to achieve something which isn't just the next tank. I want to succeed in 'other' areas, like ranks/MMR or maybe even CW. But those things are very non-existent in WoT.

Ermm.. Someone forgetting MoAs? The single good thing brought into the game in the recent years and the reason why thousands of players are still interested in the game and enjoying it? IMO the devs have got it all wrong with the content they're introducing. New maps are horrible, new game modes can all be described as a failure, and the new powercreeped tanks behind totally UP moneygrab free exp piñata tanks are just boring. MoAs are the only way to "customize" your tank while showing your achievements and it's been a huge success. How about continuing with that route? IMO inscriptions and camos should've always been achievement system rewards instead of charging pennies for them. Look at MW or CS as a model for custom flairs and skins. Same thing goes for supporting Esports teams, those team camos look amazing and I'd happily pay a few bucks to pimp out some of my favorite tanks and some of that money should then go to the teams. And Im willing to bet my head on it that the interest towards WGL would explode if players could rock team camos, name insignia etc.

titan709 #84 Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25905 battles
  • [TALLY] TALLY
Hi guys new here, i think the game is dying because of how toxic the community is becoming. It seems like its everyday that someone in the chat is telling the team to die of cancer. Just look at the image attached, and all we can do is report this via a drop down menu. Go back to the old ticket system and get idiots like this banned from the game. 

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_001.jpg   768.19K

ZlatanArKung #85 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View PostGarrolus, on 08 September 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

Ermm.. Someone forgetting MoAs? The single good thing brought into the game in the recent years and the reason why thousands of players are still interested in the game and enjoying it? IMO the devs have got it all wrong with the content they're introducing. New maps are horrible, new game modes can all be described as a failure, and the new powercreeped tanks behind totally UP moneygrab free exp piñata tanks are just boring. MoAs are the only way to "customize" your tank while showing your achievements and it's been a huge success. How about continuing with that route? IMO inscriptions and camos should've always been achievement system rewards instead of charging pennies for them. Look at MW or CS as a model for custom flairs and skins. Same thing goes for supporting Esports teams, those team camos look amazing and I'd happily pay a few bucks to pimp out some of my favorite tanks and some of that money should then go to the teams. And Im willing to bet my head on it that the interest towards WGL would explode if players could rock team camos, name insignia etc.

I have 3-marked like 60+ tanks or something.

While it was what kept me in game for like 1 year or more. It isn't enough of a motivator for me to keep playing when WG decided to ruin MM (new matchmaker) and started release/buff armour way to much, creating a 'premium ammo/heavy tank-meta game' which I find very uninteresting and boring to play.

Edited by ZlatanArKung, 08 September 2017 - 05:36 PM.

ZlatanArKung #86 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View Posttitan709, on 08 September 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

Hi guys new here, i think the game is dying because of how toxic the community is becoming. It seems like its everyday that someone in the chat is telling the team to die of cancer. Just look at the image attached, and all we can do is report this via a drop down menu. Go back to the old ticket system and get idiots like this banned from the game. 

Problem with this is that WG doesn't care about it. They are basicly fine with this stuff happening.

RoyalFlyingCorps #87 Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:27 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43899 battles
  • [REBRN] REBRN

Either this game is dead or my battle clock has stopped.

With credit to Groucho Marx.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users