suggestion for gold ammo (not a whine - a solution)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

HassenderZerhacker #1 Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 25496 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

This is a suggestion to prevent some players from laying a pipeline from their wallet to their golden ammorack.

I would suggest to remove the ability to buy premium ammo for gold and remove the ability to convert gold into credits. The consequence would be that maintaining a profitable credits balance from combat would be more meaningful. Maybe premium consumables should follow the same schema.

Of course, WG should then make tech tree tanks and other stuff, for example equipment, etc. purchasable in gold, but if premium ammo and consumables could only be bought with credits, there is hope that some players would stop spamming premium ammo indiscriminately.

ApocalypseSquad #2 Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26257 battles

Does anyone actually buy premium ammo with gold???

If so, thanks for subsidising my game.

qpranger #3 Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 31449 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Good idea OP but the FAMU/Fort Knox crowd ain't gonna like this.

HassenderZerhacker #4 Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 25496 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostApocalypseSquad, on 07 September 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

Does anyone actually buy premium ammo with gold???

If so, thanks for subsidising my game.

guessing from the amount of people I see fighting will full gold loads, there must be lots of people doing that.

Eaglax #5 Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:12 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18973 battles

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 07 September 2017 - 07:57 PM, said:

guessing from the amount of people I see fighting will full gold loads, there must be lots of people doing that.

can you see what other people's ammo loadout is or is it just your "feeling", because I really doubt that there are many people paying actually money for gold ammo...

when I started to play WOT back in 2012, gold ammo could actually only be bought with gold, and guess what practically NO ONE used gold in normal randoms, you had to play dozens if not hundreds of games to encounter someone who used gold ammo

HassenderZerhacker #6 Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:23 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 25496 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostEaglax, on 07 September 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

can you see what other people's ammo loadout is or is it just your "feeling", because I really doubt that there are many people paying actually money for gold ammo...

when I started to play WOT back in 2012, gold ammo could actually only be bought with gold, and guess what practically NO ONE used gold in normal randoms, you had to play dozens if not hundreds of games to encounter someone who used gold ammo

it's a feeling I would guess is pretty accurate.

the sound of gold ammo is pretty recognizable. there are AMX 13 57F driving around and it goes pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow and the next clip does the same sound.

sometimes I also see at tier 2, tier 3 people with autocannons and full premmo loadouts.

they can't tell me they are turning a profit.

my suggestion is to make credits more meaningful.

maybe a player's stats should include equivalent net credits revenue from battle.

qqq10 #7 Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23497 battles

You'd have to be an idiot to exchange gold for creds... For the price of 1 million credits you get one month of premium. And with that premium, even with a standard tier 5 you can farm that amount in a few hours. And still have 29 days of prem time left...

At least I finally found out what goes in the mind of all those morons crying "gold noob" all the time. He has a 'feeling' that everyone and their mother is spamming gold while in reality there are very few people running more than 10-15% 'gold' (just because he clipped you with full gold doesn't mean he's using it all the time) ammo on most of their tanks. Recently I got called a gold noob by a Jag E100 because I used one HEAT on him. On E50M, a tank that up to the Maus buff I used to run with two golds in the rack :teethhappy:

Balc0ra #8 Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64316 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

That would work... if a majority bought gold ammo with gold. And I suspect not many do that. If any. As most just take a tier 8 premium for a joy ride to cover a few rounds in the Type 5 with full gold spam. Not a trip to the CW gold deposit or the store.

As those that use it often, use it because they can afford the silver, not because they have lots o gold. And even if I had 100 000 gold on my account. I would still not use it on ammo.

Edited by Balc0ra, 07 September 2017 - 08:35 PM.

AliceUnchained #9 Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:54 PM

General

• Player
  • 38126 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 07 September 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

As always, you're full of *edited*.

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 07 September 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

the sound of gold ammo is pretty recognizable. there are AMX 13 57F driving around and it goes pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow and the next clip does the same sound.

One has to give you credit though: No matter how *edited* your comments are, you always manage to come up with something even more *edited*. One has to applaud that consistency, tenacity even. Or hang one's head in utter disbelief. Not sure which is more applicable...

Edited by Jbnn, 08 September 2017 - 08:05 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Eaglax #10 Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:01 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18973 battles

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 07 September 2017 - 08:23 PM, said:

sometimes I also see at tier 2, tier 3 people with autocannons and full premmo loadouts.

they can't tell me they are turning a profit.

my suggestion is to make credits more meaningful.

maybe a player's stats should include equivalent net credits revenue from battle.

there is a "new" ingame feature, you can see now if someone shoots gold at you, you don't have to listen to the shells :D

And because some people shoot a bit gold, you immediately conclude that ALL of them MUST have a FULL gold loadout? seriously?

credits are meaningful right now, otherwise no one would buy prem time, no won would buy prem tanks and a lot less people would play low-mid tiers

the "net credit income" would be an interesting stat imho, to see my average income, but it's pointless for a player comparison because so many things are influencing it.

jack_timber #11 Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32385 battles

What I want is a big red flashing light displayed on-screen when I have hit the 2 key...

How many times have I fired AP only to find it won't pen, hit the 2 key for 1 shot and immediately forget to switch back to 'normal' AP.

It's only on post game stats I realise my mistake:(

imendars #12 Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10958 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postqqq10, on 07 September 2017 - 09:53 PM, said:

You'd have to be an idiot to exchange gold for creds... For the price of 1 million credits you get one month of premium. And with that premium, even with a standard tier 5 you can farm that amount in a few hours. And still have 29 days of prem time left...

At least I finally found out what goes in the mind of all those morons crying "gold noob" all the time. He has a 'feeling' that everyone and their mother is spamming gold while in reality there are very few people running more than 10-15% 'gold' (just because he clipped you with full gold doesn't mean he's using it all the time) ammo on most of their tanks. Recently I got called a gold noob by a Jag E100 because I used one HEAT on him. On E50M, a tank that up to the Maus buff I used to run with two golds in the rack :teethhappy:

HEY, I run 50% gold on some tanks.

And on IS6 i run 75% gold :trollface:

Edited by imendars, 08 September 2017 - 08:30 AM.

Kozzy #13 Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 07 September 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

This is a suggestion to prevent some players from laying a pipeline from their wallet to their golden ammorack.

I would suggest to remove the ability to buy premium ammo for gold and remove the ability to convert gold into credits. The consequence would be that maintaining a profitable credits balance from combat would be more meaningful. Maybe premium consumables should follow the same schema.

Of course, WG should then make tech tree tanks and other stuff, for example equipment, etc. purchasable in gold, but if premium ammo and consumables could only be bought with credits, there is hope that some players would stop spamming premium ammo indiscriminately.

Do you SERIOUSLY think THIS is how people finance their premium ammo spending?  Wow!

Hedgehog1963 #14 Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:43 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50864 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostEaglax, on 07 September 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

there is a "new" ingame feature, you can see now if someone shoots gold at you, you don't have to listen to the shells :D

And because some people shoot a bit gold, you immediately conclude that ALL of them MUST have a FULL gold loadout? seriously?

credits are meaningful right now, otherwise no one would buy prem time, no won would buy prem tanks and a lot less people would play low-mid tiers

the "net credit income" would be an interesting stat imho, to see my average income, but it's pointless for a player comparison because so many things are influencing it.

Usually people don't realise that many tanks fire APCR as standard ammo at higher tiers.

Shivvering #15 Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:16 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29048 battles

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 07 September 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

They are probably only using a full gold load out on 1 tank. You see it a lot at tier 10, especially with the autoloaders (they don't get the easy switch to prem for a hard target). I would expect the majority of these games to be subsidised by playing the 1 or 2 games following in a premium tank.

pagandk #16 Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38712 battles

The is only one solution to premium ammo inbalance.. that is balance :P. That might sound stupid, but really - if you get higher penetration there has to be a drawback (lower damage), to balance the ammo. There is no other proper solution.

+1/-1 MM would of course help balance the entire game: Lessen the need for premium ammo and the frustrations of being lowest tier with ineffective guns, but we all know what WG favors more than a balanced game.

AliceUnchained #17 Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:39 AM

General

• Player
  • 38126 battles
  • [322] 322

View Postpagandk, on 08 September 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

That might sound stupid, but really - if you get higher penetration there has to be a drawback (lower damage), to balance the ammo. There is no other proper solution.

It doesn't just sound stupid, it is stupid. Look through the plethora of existing threads on this subject to find out why.

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #18 Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:42 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 15156 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I'd say Wargaming, let's implement this idea. As it has exactly zero impact on my premium ammo usage.

Spurtung #19 Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:33 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 61582 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 07 September 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

If someone is buying gold to purchase premium rounds or to convert into credits, they're definitely doing it wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users