And suddenly... I'm crap!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Neon72 #1 Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16726 battles
  • [U--L] U--L

I'm new here, so please excuse my rather negative introduction, but none of my friends play WoT, so I'm just posting this here because it's really doing my head in and I need to speak to someone about it.

I've been playing WoT since 2015. Love it. Great game.

I'm not the best player, but I'm above average and I'm happy with that. At the end of August I passed my 10K games mark and had a fairly respectable Win/Loss ratio on 53.09.

But then something changed. Almost overnight my performance plummeted, like fallen off a cliff bad. I have bad games like everyone else, but this is something else. I've got the kiss of death to any team I'm on, and not because I'm being a [edited]and shooting or ramming them, It's like I'm a jinx just being there. My stats are steadily getting worse, one of my new tanks has a win/loss of 10%. 10%! Surely I'd get better results just sitting in base doing nothing?!?!

I really don't understand what's happened. My rig performs fine and there are no technical issues.

Any advice/help/explanation would be appreciated because I'm seriously getting too frustrated to play anymore. Which would be a great shame as this is about the only competitive online game I'm good at.

Or at least used to be. 

Cheers

Neon72

Dava_117 #2 Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19444 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

It happens. One time I was at 92.3/95 % to get a 3rd star on T-150 and the I started to lose... 

My suggestion is to forgot about stats and trophy and just enjoy the game. In this way you would be more relaxed and your decision will be wiser.

Just have fun! :great:

PS

japtank #3 Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27619 battles

A guy playing by stats asking what to do when stats don't meet his expectations?

Simple: disable stats.

Baldrickk #4 Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30109 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

Posted Image 

This works the other way round too.

Very high or low WR for a new tank isn't uncommon.

Edited by Baldrickk, 07 September 2017 - 09:48 PM.

Neon72 #5 Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16726 battles
  • [U--L] U--L

Thanks Dava_117 - I'm sure I should do that, but I think I'm too OCD. This evening I played 16 games 12 of them were losses. I've not even seen the other team and we're already 3 tanks down. 

Is there a change to the MM for you when you reach 10K games?

Congrats on the 92% T-150 btw. My best is my Matilda IV at 60%

Neon72 #6 Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16726 battles
  • [U--L] U--L

View Postjaptank, on 07 September 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

A guy playing by stats asking what to do when stats don't meet his expectations?

Simple: disable stats.

​Yeah. But it's the amount of losing that's bothering me, ignoring stats won't change that. Besides, I think I'm a bit OCD. 

Unknown_Lifeform #7 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27425 battles

View PostNeon72, on 07 September 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

one of my new tanks has a win/loss of 10%. 10%! Surely I'd get better results just sitting in base doing nothing?!?!

Indeed you would over a large enough number of games. That's the clue - unless you are deliberately griefing your teams its only possible to lose that many games with bad luck being a fairly decisive factor. Winning and losing streaks are fairly common - both overall and in an individual tanks (making them feel "cursed" in some cases). I've had "streaks" of up to 1k games, both good and bad.

It doesn't help that if you do start a losing streak you are likely to go on tilt which will make you play badly as well, making you prone to reckless and stupid decisions. Winning a lot boosts your confidence and puts you in a good mood so its easy to "get into the zone" where you can effortlessly make the best decisions.

All I can say is try not to take it too much to heart, this stuff happens to us all.

Dava_117 #8 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19444 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNeon72, on 07 September 2017 - 09:48 PM, said:

Thanks Dava_117 - I'm sure I should do that, but I think I'm too OCD. This evening I played 16 games 12 of them were losses. I've not even seen the other team and we're already 3 tanks down. 

Is there a change to the MM for you when you reach 10K games?

Congrats on the 92% T-150 btw. My best is my Matilda IV at 60%

No, ther is no change of mm after 10k games. Some time this streak are just rng or bad timing (playing late at night or too early in the morning). Or maybe you play the wrong tanks. I you look at my profile, you will see I have tanks in wich I perform well, and  other I'm unable to use. May be you have just started to grind tanks  that doesn't fit to you. :)

Baldrickk #9 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30109 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
I've looked at your stats, and it's just a small blip.  
My WN8 varies by more than that between sessions. And I'm a pretty consistent player overall.

Neon72 #10 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16726 battles
  • [U--L] U--L

Cheers fellas, I'm really just a casual player, but this has just been doing my head in.

Thanks for the feedback, it is appreciated and I think I just wanted to vent a little (like I said no-one else I know plays). It's nice to hear advice from folks with lots more experience at this game.

I might take a break for a few days and try again at the weekend. It'll give me a chance to clear my head (and not jinx anymore teams).

Pandabird #11 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

View PostBaldrickk, on 07 September 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

Posted Image 

This works the other way round too.

Very high or low WR for a new tank isn't uncommon.

Topic irrelevant, thank you for the picture. It tells a story of its own about facts of life.

Again, thanks for bringing a smile to my face.

Edited by Pandabird, 07 September 2017 - 10:25 PM.

CmdRatScabies #12 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37603 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostNeon72, on 07 September 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

I might take a break for a few days and try again at the weekend. It'll give me a chance to clear my head (and not jinx anymore teams).

Weekends may not be the best time, teams can get a little unpredictable.

Baldrickk #13 Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30109 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostPandabird, on 07 September 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

Topic irrelevant, thank you for the picture. It tells a story of its own about facts of life.

Again, thanks for bringing a smile to my face.

Not that irrelevant.  It was meant as a reply specifically to:

View PostNeon72, on 07 September 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

one of my new tanks has a win/loss of 10%. 10%! Surely I'd get better results just sitting in base doing nothing?!?!

:)

Edited by Baldrickk, 07 September 2017 - 10:45 PM.

TungstenHitman #14 Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22135 battles
For some reason the better I play the more I lose, how does that make sense? whatcha gonna do lol.. I know, git drunk

dasmatze #15 Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15344 battles
  • [KRAWU] KRAWU

Hi

You    are not alone. Since 2 weeks my winrate Drops from 52-60 % daily to 10-33%. Its like a curse. Wn8 dropping freefall. Winrate of 12k Games dropped from 50.69 to 50.39 in 2 weeks. Before it was rising constantly. 

T8 Gameplay is zur Top Problem.you mostly get t10 games. And platoon makes it even worser.

I try not to give up ans hoping wg will fix MM.

Cheers

DasMatze

Mike_Mckay #16 Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20391 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostNeon72, on 07 September 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

I'm new here, so please excuse my rather negative introduction, but none of my friends play WoT, so I'm just posting this here because it's really doing my head in and I need to speak to someone about it.

I've been playing WoT since 2015. Love it. Great game.

I'm not the best player, but I'm above average and I'm happy with that. At the end of August I passed my 10K games mark and had a fairly respectable Win/Loss ratio on 53.09.

But then something changed. Almost overnight my performance plummeted, like fallen off a cliff bad. I have bad games like everyone else, but this is something else. I've got the kiss of death to any team I'm on, and not because I'm being a [edited]and shooting or ramming them, It's like I'm a jinx just being there. My stats are steadily getting worse, one of my new tanks has a win/loss of 10%. 10%! Surely I'd get better results just sitting in base doing nothing?!?!

I really don't understand what's happened. My rig performs fine and there are no technical issues.

Any advice/help/explanation would be appreciated because I'm seriously getting too frustrated to play anymore. Which would be a great shame as this is about the only competitive online game I'm good at.

Or at least used to be. 

Cheers

Neon72

​Statistically you "could" get 50% just by sitting in the base, similarly you could also get a 75% win rate or 25% win rate. It comes down to the teams you are on and then what they do

​If you ran XVM you would probably have a much better idea of why youre losing as it shows you how the skill levels of the teams are distributed. So far the worst I have seen was 12 greens and 2 purples on the oppfor with just two greens and everyone else red and orange on the team I was on. If youre getting team match ups like that it would at least show that its not "you" per se, but merely that for a larger than most peoples percentage of the time you are on teams that have no chance whatsoever of winning no matter what they do

Dundato #17 Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26308 battles
Spend more money. They will have u winning again in no time

BKatt #18 Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32901 battles
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN

I was around 20% winrate for the first 20 games or so, in my Maus.

There is bad sessions and then there is time to take a few days break, enjoying sonething else.

Then its often fine again. :)

JocMeister #19 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23247 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Don´t worry dude. It will turn around eventually. Just stop playing for the day if you feel angry and/or frustrated. 

Word of advice. Don´t look at WR/wn8 after each session. If you have to look just do it once a week rather than every day. That will give things a chance to even out. Personally I stopped looking at all because all it did was making me feel frustrated and stressed out when I had bad sessions.

shane73tank #20 Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:28 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 28146 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostNeon72, on 07 September 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

Cheers fellas, I'm really just a casual player, but this has just been doing my head in.

Thanks for the feedback, it is appreciated and I think I just wanted to vent a little (like I said no-one else I know plays). It's nice to hear advice from folks with lots more experience at this game.

As Michael Jackson sang "you are not alone" , this happens to all of us, from experience I know that my development plateaus from time to time, here's a couple of things that I've taken from experience and on advice from this very unholy forum : 

1. You need go to tanks - some elited tanks where you have good crews and you consider your favourites , you will relax and automatically play better , confidence means a lot, these are especially important during big weekend events , you might even carry ssome games 

2.  You mentioned "my new tank" - if you've jumped up to tier 8 or 9 and are playing a stock tank your w/r might dive and if it's a new crew then even worse ,  this takes me back to point 1 , play these tanks until you have enough free exp to unlock the core modules, search the forums for  info on research order.  

3. Crew - ideally one of your happy tanks is also a  premium, I would not advise training new crew above tier 6, so either move the crew up to your new tank or have  a happy tank for the line you are grinding that can train crew  

ponder over the above before you start your next session , then go shoot some sh*t up 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users