Is there a Noobs Guide to Clanwars ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

StinkyStonky #1 Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:51 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 28291 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

Can anyone point me to a noobs guide on what to do ?

We managed to win some land, we put down our HQ and we are now getting income, but what to do next ?

Our options seem to be :-

1) Do nothing except defend

2) Attack a neighbour

3) Ransack.

There is an objective to Ransack a land that pays 400 gold, so that might be the most lucrative.
There's also the possibility of forming alliances with neighbours.

Are there any guides or can anyone give advice ?

I'm not optimistic that we will keep the land if attacked (on that do we have to win or does a draw mean we keep the land ?)

I found this but it's not rich on detail.  https://worldoftanks.eu/en/content/global_map_guide/

mango91 #2 Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 41456 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

do you know old shool Risik (tanks only not other crap)?

manage your freezed tanks, count your active members and attack. Defend your crucial provinces (HQ one and close ones which could disrupt your provinces unity)

the rest is "I'm bored tonight, don't want to attack cuz my guys are partying all across the europe, let's NAP with those huge and ugly guys on our xyzw border" or "I'm out of divisions, I can attack only once tonight"

If you like to farm, improve your def skills; if you like to ransack, learn how to move your HQ together with your provinces, leaving behind those old ransacked ones

Headless_Rooster #3 Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10543 battles
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI

I've been looking for guides too Stinky, can't find anything useful.

Regarding the land you have, I think this is the bit you are looking for ... https://worldoftanks...ide/tournament/

capitaine_PHLEKTRON #4 Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3489 battles
  • [TFFR] TFFR
there is no global war available until WG locked it, you can enter the page and then.... Nothing happens !

Pushing_The_Upper_Plate #5 Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29309 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

Depends on what you plan on doing on the GM.

Currently we are landing on revolting provinces and try to win the tournament ladder and then beat the owner - we then ransack the province and leave. Ransacking gives you 3 times the gold income per day of the provinces (I.e: 720 gold per day x 3 = 2160 gold) and then locks the income for 5 days so anyone owning that province and have their HQ down will not receive any income until those 5 days have passed.

Other main thing to do is to land on a regular PERMANENT landing zone (for this season all along the borders) and from there expand inland and hold a set amount of provinces - make sure you have teams to defend otherwise you get penalties. If all your provinces are connected and you have the HQ down you will receive the daily gold income for each province - if any province gets cut off from the HQ is stops giving you income till you reconnect it. Same goes for if you lose you HQ and you don't move it. HQ will be unplaceable for 24 turns (each turn is 1hr) and therefore you will not be able to receive income until HQ is back on a province again - I suggest having the HQ on your strongest map so its the least likely to be lost :)

If you have any other questions you can ask and either myself or other people who read this and know about CW can help ;)

StinkyStonky #6 Posted 16 March 2018 - 10:15 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 28291 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

I've found the lack of any detailed guide to be a real frustration.

H5 isn't a powerful clan and so we don't get to hold land very often.  On the rare occasions that we do, we have to use trial and error to discover "rules" that aren't documented anywhere, like ...

You can only Ransack within the first 24 hours of ownership.  After that, it's unavailable.

You cannot Ransack if your HQ is on the map.

You cannot disband your HQ.

If your HQ province is under attack, you CAN move your HQ but it isn't explained anywhere why this might be useful or important.

You can attach "modules" to a division but there is no explanation of what they do.  From their description they look like a legacy of a previous mode that no longer applies.

The guide says that divisions can be purchased but you need "influence".  We had 8 influence and were able to build 2 divisions (not just on the HQ), disband them (to try something because there's no guide) and then build them again ... all seemingly for free.

How do the auctions work ?  Is there any way to see if someone has bid, what their bid is, if you are currently winning, etc ?  Is the "minimum bid" the current "winner" or just a token minimum ?

It's very frustrating that WG keep all these details hidden.  The top clans will know all the answers from experience but for rising clans it's just a secret club with mysterious rules that are only revealed after you've made an irreversible move (e.g. can't ransack after placing HQ).

Pushing_The_Upper_Plate #7 Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:38 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29309 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostStinkyStonky, on 16 March 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

I've found the lack of any detailed guide to be a real frustration.

H5 isn't a powerful clan and so we don't get to hold land very often.  On the rare occasions that we do, we have to use trial and error to discover "rules" that aren't documented anywhere, like ...

You can only Ransack within the first 24 hours of ownership.  After that, it's unavailable. SELF EXPLANATORY

You cannot Ransack if your HQ is on the map. SELF EXPLANATORY

You cannot disband your HQ. SELF EXPLANATORY

If your HQ province is under attack, you CAN move your HQ but it isn't explained anywhere why this might be useful or important. If you lose your HQ you can no longer receive gold till you put it back down which has a 24hr cooldown and also you cannot make new divisions to replace others if you place attacks which would leave your owned province(s) empty with no option for defence battle.

You can attach "modules" to a division but there is no explanation of what they do.  From their description they look like a legacy of a previous mode that no longer applies. Modules only have 3 useful ones - one for reducing movement cooldown - one for giving you more view range from the province and gives you better idea of who is around you and the 3rd is I believe the camo that hides your division but the main one thats important is the reducing movement cooldown others are optional.

The guide says that divisions can be purchased but you need "influence".  We had 8 influence and were able to build 2 divisions (not just on the HQ), disband them (to try something because there's no guide) and then build them again ... all seemingly for free. Usually it costs influence to make new divisions and used to cost influence for the modules but they removed that a while ago - was just a way to try and stop division spams.

How do the auctions work ?  Is there any way to see if someone has bid, what their bid is, if you are currently winning, etc ?  Is the "minimum bid" the current "winner" or just a token minimum ? Sometimes there is a minimum bid but the winner of an auction is whoever puts the highest bid - simple if you think about it.

It's very frustrating that WG keep all these details hidden.  The top clans will know all the answers from experience but for rising clans it's just a secret club with mysterious rules that are only revealed after you've made an irreversible move (e.g. can't ransack after placing HQ).  I am pretty sure most people in clans will explain this to you as its quite simple once you know it. 

I can pop onto your TS or smth at some point if you need more explaining but its pretty simple really.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users