Secondary Guns and Machine Guns

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Machine Guns and Secondary Guns (15 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you want secondary armament work

1. YES (7 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

2. NO (8 votes [53.33%])

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

Vote Hide poll

mikrock #1 Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12286 battles
  • [YT] YT

Hello guys what do you think of WORKING machine guns or secondary guns, something like war thunder has. i would be pretty happy if they add that to WoT.

-Machine guns could only harm Crew and couldnt harm Tanks HP or they could damage ur tank only if they hit ur Fuel Barrel. And they had a low pen 

-Secondary guns could damage Crew AND Tanks HP but it depends on caliber 

So do you like this idea or not ?

Sorry for my English its awful...

FluffyRedFox #2 Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:53 PM

General

• Player
  • 23388 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Adding this would just further nerf  paper-armoured tanks

StuffKnight #3 Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31154 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_

In theory it's a great idea but in practice it would be a pointless endeavour in WoT. For one, giving top-tier vehicles in a battle even more potential to utterly sh*t on lower-tiers by way of secondary guns (even things like the Churchill I or Char B1 bis would become monsters if those frontal howitzers became usable) is just an objectively crap idea, so that's a definite no-no. Sure they'd have something else to lob at higher tiers too, but then a load of stuff would have to be endlessly reshuffled to rebalance all this undiscovered chaos.

As far as machineguns go, there's no goddamn infantry or aircraft in this game so why bother? You'd have to aim for very specific weakspots to even dream of having an effect on an enemy crew (and even then you'd never be able to hit all of them anyway), so you might as well just stick with the main gun and do some direct damage to the enemy vehicle instead, with any crew damage serving as a bonus. Several tanks already have pathetic main guns as it is when they're up against the +2 MM; what's a silly little 7.92mm, 12.7mm or .50cal going to achieve against heavy tank armour designed to withstand impact from shells astronomically more powerful?

Diddly-[edited], that's what.

Markys_Hogg #4 Posted 24 February 2018 - 09:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6017 battles
I'm thinking this is a great idea!! :) not sure about machine guns, but the m3 Lee and Grant need a helping hand!!! ;) 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users