On the verge of giving up on this game

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Mortac555 #1 Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8925 battles

I used to love this game so much. Always gave me a good time. Nowadays though, it's only frustrating and I can't really play more than a few matches at a time before I quit out of frustration.

Main reason being the Premium ammo spam. Someone please tell me what the bloody point is of having armor in this game? I've grinded up the T110E5, T110E3 and the Pz. Kpfv. VII. My friend got the Type 5 Heavy. They are pretty well-armored tanks, but what's the point? I'm giving up mobility, damage, stealth and whatever else to have this armor. Then, because this game is P2W, all of my advantages are neutralized.

If I'm going to keep playing this game it seems there is no reason whatsoever to play any tank with armor. This is really frustrating as it removes a huge aspect of the game. Well-armored and angling the tank properly, yet I can be shot pretty much anywhere.

It seems the way to play this game is to get a mobile tank with high DPM, and avoid armored tanks at all costs unless you want to be an XP pinata. This game is no longer the game I used to love so much.

Dava_117 #2 Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18165 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
The total thickness of the armor is not as important has it's layout and its knowledge. If you know how to angle your tank, you won't have too much problem with gold.

Mortac555 #3 Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8925 battles
I know how to angle my tanks. Still being penned all over the place. This game is pure P2W.

_EXODUZ_ #4 Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34420 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

It's a L2P issue if you ask me. Yes, armour is weak to prem. ammo, but if you know what you're doing you can make it work.

Oh and your friend in a Type 5 Heavy deserves all the gold ammo, playing a tank like that is ridiculous.

BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:40 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22283 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostMortac555, on 08 September 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

Main reason being the Premium ammo spam. 

Even unicums get spammed and get results anyway............I wonder what they do differently?

BravelyRanAway #6 Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:41 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22283 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostMortac555, on 08 September 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

This game is pure P2W.

Ah!....so you don't know what your talking about.

_EXODUZ_ #7 Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34420 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Oh and you have 2.2k blocked on average. What more do you want?

Edit: Your problem is that you do less damage than what you block. L2P issue as I said.

Edited by _EXODUZ_, 08 September 2017 - 04:54 PM.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63714 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostMortac555, on 08 September 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

Main reason being the Premium ammo spam. Someone please tell me what the bloody point is of having armor in this game? I've grinded up the T110E5, T110E3 and the Pz. Kpfv. VII. My friend got the Type 5 Heavy. They are pretty well-armored tanks, but what's the point? I'm giving up mobility, damage, stealth and whatever else to have this armor. Then, because this game is P2W, all of my advantages are neutralized.

Because if they removed it, we would have other people leaving saying that they game is no fun anymore. Because they can't fight anything with armor. Considering most of the high tiers now has had a super heavy focus of late. And reducing the damage did not help either as AW pointed out. As they had equally many crying about others penning them and wanting it removed or they would leave, even if they did less damage. So WG won't win regardless what they do.

If I'm going to keep playing this game it seems there is no reason whatsoever to play any tank with armor. This is really frustrating as it removes a huge aspect of the game. Well-armored and angling the tank properly, yet I can be shot pretty much anywhere.

And as I said, if gold ammo was gone. There would be no reason to play anything but armor for most I suspect. Can you honestly say that you can play your non armored tanks vs the tanks you listed head on with AP only? Would that be fun in the long run if you were a light or medium player?

You said you had a Type 5. I'm sure you remember how well the Type 4's AP gun was. Zero chance vs a fellow Type 4 or even less so a Type 5. And what did you do on your Type 4 stock grind with that low pen? Just give up when the Type 4 or Maus came? Or did you fling a little gold to? As most gold "spammers" have the stock guns more so then not.

Edited by Balc0ra, 08 September 2017 - 05:08 PM.

Havoc7926 #9 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13083 battles
  • [OLDG] OLDG

What is the 'problem' with gold ammo?  Seriously I'm just not understanding it.

There are only a few scenarios:

You get penned with gold when normal would have penned.  Result, the shooter has wasted credits and you are no worse off.

You bounce the gold when normal would have bounced too.  Result, the shooter has wasted credits and you are no worse off.

You get penned by gold when normal would have bounced.  Result, you have taken some damage at the cost of credits from the shooter.  

So sometimes you get penned by gold ammo.  If they took it away and upped the pen of normal ammo to compensate you would still get penned but nobody would have to use extra credits to do it.  If they took it away and you are driving something like a type 5 then people would stop playing and you could enjoy 15 minute games of 15 Maus/Type 5's bouncing off each other for a draw.

If you would look at the other side of the (gold) coin for just a minute you would understand that firing gold does not in any way give you an auto pen.  I know, I shoot gold sometimes and I still bounce from the super heavies or have it eaten by tracks if I don't aim properly.  In fact I've just started grinding my first Japanese tanks as I want to go up their medium line.  I'm in a tier III Chi-Ha and getting machine gunned by PZ's firing full gold.  It's part of the game and it's not going to change.

As long as you are going to hold onto the crutch of 'gold ammo makes my tank useless' you will never get any better at the game.  If you don't like the game-play of the super heavy tanks then drive something else.  If you are frustrated at the game in general take a break and play something else.  

Edited by Havoc7926, 08 September 2017 - 05:21 PM.

Sirebellus #10 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18202 battles

The curious thing I find is that I see a bit of gold spamming in T3 and T4 games, hardly any in T5, T6 or T7 games and then a lot in T8, T9 and T10. (Game tier, not the tier of the tank you are playing)

In the low tier games it's from try hard seal clubbers and those who play the Valentine II (I load full gold in mine - don't most people who play it ?) and Pz B2
In the high tier games, well there are tanks that are so highly armoured that you can't penetrate them any other way
It's all very well saying learn the weak spots - but that involves standing still and waiting for the reticule to fully close and then hoping the RNG gods are on your side where a snap shot with the 2 key is a lot quicker and safer

And of course when your XP and WN8 scores are based on damage caused you are letting your stats down by firing a non-penetrating shot - so fire Gold

SandDanAdua #11 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9157 battles

That's why you play HT that can't get penned by HEAT like IS-7 :B

Dundato #12 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26043 battles
Dont go. Spend more money pls

Shivva #13 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29382 battles
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G

I used to love this game so much. Always gave me a good time. Nowadays though, it's only frustrating and I can't really play more than a few matches at a time before I quit out of frustration.

It seems the way to play this game is to get a mobile tank with high DPM, and avoid armored tanks at all costs unless you want to be an XP pinata. This game is no longer the game I used to love so much.

If someone needs gold to pen you then they made the correct choice in using it.

If someone doesn't need gold to pen you and uses it  then it makes no difference as normal ammo would have damaged you anyway.

Maybe work on being less useless instead of crying about non-issues on the forum, you either botting or totally useless and should perhaps quit and find something you can at least play to mediocre level because mediocrity in tanks is way out of your reach considering your stats.

Edited by Shivva, 08 September 2017 - 05:58 PM.

Warzey #14 Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 56606 battles
  • [XEQTE] XEQTE

When we talk about T10, the premium ammo shouldn't make a lot of difference for most T10 heavies. The most affected are super heavies with thick flat armor like E100 and Type 5, those tanks have somewhat of a hard time angling their flat parts to counter premium shells, but Type 5 negates armor the same with derp gun and E100 has alot of HP and 750 alpha gun so most trades are favorable for E100. On the other hand tanks like WZ 111 5A, T110E5, IS-7 don't care about premium ammo, if you expose their weak spot you'll get penetrated regardless of ammo type and likewise if you don't expose your weak spot enemies can spam premium all day long with little effect. 

You mentioned T110E5 you can penetrate it frontally in the cupola and in the lower plate with standard ammo, at the same time your turret front and upper plate are impenetrable, so every time you expose one of those two weak spots expect to get damaged. Does it really matter if damaging shot was standard or premium shell?

Same principle applies on T110E3, if they can see your lower plate they can harm you, if they can't see your lower plate they can't harm you. So when you eventually do get penetrated in the lower plate does shell type really matter, you already made a mistake or was outplayed. 

As far as I remember in case of a Pz VII, only your lower plate becomes weak, so hide it. You should expect people to fire a lot of premium your way since lower plate is very hard to penetrate with standard 250-ish pen guns.

Noo_Noo #15 Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21559 battles
The main point with unicums is that they only really lose HP when they want to. Their HP is used as a tool and they're happy to take a hit at certain times to gain an advantage. They also know how to play aggressively without losing HP. Positioning and when to poke. 

You also need to remember that tanks like the TYpe 5, Maus and Defender already bounce more than 50% of shots that hit them. 

Jigabachi #16 Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Sooo... basically you want to quit because you can't plough through the enemy lines in your (superheavy) tanks.
The tanks that are highly favoured by the meta.
The tanks that are highly favoured by the crappy mapdesign.
The tanks that are the easiest to play.
The tanks that, to some extent, can only be fought with premammo.

You should really take a minute and think about it again. Like the others wrote, it's not a P2W issue, it's a L2P issue. You rushed up the tiers without learning how to play.

Edited by Jigabachi, 08 September 2017 - 11:26 PM.

Steve8066 #17 Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10644 battles

View PostHavoc7926, on 08 September 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

What is the 'problem' with gold ammo?  Seriously I'm just not understanding it.

The problem isnt with gold/premium ammo itself imo, other than the disparity in cost in credits between premium ammo and normal ammo, the problem is that the rigged MM makes you need gold ammo to be competitive as most of the time you are facing tanks 1 or 2 tiers above you when some tanks even struggle against their own tiers.

BKatt #18 Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30429 battles
  • [LGACY] LGACY
@OP it sounds like you should be playing a singleplayer game instead.

Ubervold #19 Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20704 battles

Initially I preferred heavy tanks, I dont have any superheavys but I enjoyed getting stuck in and take a hit or two for the team but as I advanced up in the tiers I realised that tanks with mobility are much more rewarding. 

Good mobility is worth a lot in the current meta and it is the same regardless of the type of ammo used against you.

Browarszky #20 Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 15521 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostNoo_Noo, on 08 September 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

The main point with unicums is that they only really lose HP when they want to. Their HP is used as a tool and they're happy to take a hit at certain times to gain an advantage. They also know how to play aggressively without losing HP. Positioning and when to poke. 

You also need to remember that tanks like the TYpe 5, Maus and Defender already bounce more than 50% of shots that hit them. 

So.. how do they know all this?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users