Are credit boosters coming soon to the ingame shop?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Aphraid #1 Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32245 battles

Seeing the monthly mission giving a bundle of credit boosters as a reward. Is this an indication that they will soon become available to purchase? They have been hinted in the tab ingame for a long time now but never been available. Premium tanks are better for credits yes. But there seems to be a cap on all the T8 prems that is around 100k per decent game. Can't really see the reasoning behind this. A player who enjoys World of Tanks shouldn't be penalized for wanting to play what he "earned" through experience. So I guess the credit boosters is the next step in "milking" because you can be sure players want to get those 6mill/t10 as fast as they can. 

Raising the credit income on prems I guess would be finacial suicide on WGs part... Seriously though why the credit draught. The amount of xp bonuses for such a long time now a change to x2 credit weekends would a welcome change.

RamRaid90 #2 Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:43 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22102 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

Credit boosters are already in the store. They're called Premium tanks.

There reason why you cant see a reasoning behind a cap on tier VIII premiums earning potential is because there isnt a cap, simple as that.

Edited by RamRaid90, 10 September 2017 - 11:44 AM.

SABAOTH #3 Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:45 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36802 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostRamRaid90, on 10 September 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

There is no cap on what you can earn through battle, the only cap is yourself.

Credit boosters + Premium tanks = pre income nerf premium tanks

The credit booster gives you a taste of the times before mass fraud was introduced with 8.8 :coin:

Aikl #4 Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:54 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25705 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I don't think there's a cap on credit income, but it's probably not a linear function of damage done (+spotting, kills, cap, whatever).

As for grinding credits, I care more about the overall deterioration of T8 matchmaking and gameplay than the actual income. Playing T8 used to be kind of fun, now it's reduced to being a passive bottomfeeder in 60-70% of matches, and of course never seeing lesser tanks (something most T8 PMM tanks arguably depends on, being "T7,5" and all that).

Aphraid #5 Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32245 battles

View PostAikl, on 10 September 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

I don't think there's a cap on credit income, but it's probably not a linear function of damage done (+spotting, kills, cap, whatever).

As for grinding credits, I care more about the overall deterioration of T8 matchmaking and gameplay than the actual income. Playing T8 used to be kind of fun, now it's reduced to being a passive bottomfeeder in 60-70% of matches, and of course never seeing lesser tanks (something most T8 PMM tanks arguably depends on, being "T7,5" and all that).

I have to disagree there. There are some factors that determine how much you earn on each premium tank. Ammo cost is the main. Scorpion G is a popular credit maker because the shell is lowcost compared to the damage each shell does on avg. Compare that to the Is6 where the shell cost is 45 credits less. But does on avg 100 less. On average very few players hit 200k/game. And when you do that is pretty much a 5-6k dmg game (including assist etc). But you can't expect the avg player to do that much every game. Or even on avg. This is where the booster apparently come in. And I would buy some yes. Can't deny that. But it sucks that WG choose to do this rather than giving some way to increase the income on the premiums they have been pumping out. An emblem that gives 50% more credits that only applies to premiums. Or like in Warthunder where you can make a favorite into a "premium" with an permanent upgrade. 

RamRaid90 #6 Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22102 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostSABAOTH, on 10 September 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

Credit boosters + Premium tanks = pre income nerf premium tanks

The credit booster gives you a taste of the times before mass fraud was introduced with 8.8 :coin:

Has nothing to do with this conversation.

Edited by RamRaid90, 10 September 2017 - 12:31 PM.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66609 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostRamRaid90, on 10 September 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

There reason why you cant see a reasoning behind a cap on tier VIII premiums earning potential is because there isnt a cap, simple as that.

Or just buy premium time. I kinda get why they only offer them as special rewards, just like they keep some premium tanks like that. But at the same time, I don't get why they don't sell them, or a smaller version. I suspect most would still by a 25% for 2 hours, or even 50% for an hour, vs 2 hours like the reward is.

View PostSABAOTH, on 10 September 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

Well for some tanks like my Lowe, power creep did affect it's income more so then anything else. When I bought it, 3K damage vs more or less 100K regardless. Then as the creep set in, it became more and more of a support tank. And 50% of my income went out the window, as you did more damage from the 2nd line more so then in their faces.

View PostAikl, on 10 September 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

Depends on how much ammo you have and how stupid the enemy team is more so then a "cap". But there are more factors then just damage done. First spot, capping, winning, spotting damage, and doing damage on others spotting vs just at close range on your own spotting affects income. As 3K damage on your own spotting up close, vs 3K damage at the back won't reward the same. Issue is that doing more then 3K seems to "reward" less. But that's just me.

yun9 #8 Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 5191 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI

Boosters can be activated at will and used with the tank you want to play. Premium time is ticking constantly, and premium tanks might not suit what you want to play. 

I think Boosters are a good idea because you can activate it whenever you want and use it when you have the time to. Maybe I don't want to grind credits in Strongholds. Then what's left? Lowtiers? No thanks.

Bomblibu #9 Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:13 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35362 battles
  • [BOMBI] BOMBI

I want something like this on our EU Premium Shop!

There are images in spoiler from RU server offer.

Spoiler

Edited by Dudins, 18 September 2017 - 05:20 PM.

Bomblibu #10 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35362 battles
  • [BOMBI] BOMBI

View PostRamRaid90, on 10 September 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

Premium tank income is not that high as it was few years ago. In earlier times I could easily earn 50k...80k credits per battle. Now that number is like 20k...50k per battle usually. Now I rarely can get like 80k per battle. My average earned experience and average damage per battle has not changed, but income has changed...

Mike_Mckay #11 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21138 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
I guess if they did that "perhaps" it would eat into premium account sales for people who only play occasionally and end up wasting most of their premium time on days they cant even log in and play

But possibly a more questionable practise is 300% crew boosters ONLY being used to paywall premiums, if theyre bundled with premiums they too should also be in the shop or available for gold

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users