Instead of number ratings on the side in garage, why not have a player-based star ratings on tanks?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Derethim #1 Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17761 battles

Just a thought.

After playing at least 50 battles in a tank, you would be able to rate it 1 to 5 stars in, for example; Mobility, Survivability, Firepower.

Would be more meaningful if the players made these ratings and not just "Firepower 60".

Like where am I supposed to know the equation from, that WG used to get these numbers?

You never hear the Youtubers say "OH the Defender has a nice survivalability of over 9000" etc.

Just my two cents.

Dava_117 #2 Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:16 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20214 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

You would basically have lots of negative numers, cause noobs are far more than competent player. (I add myself in the noob group for some tanks)

It would be a better idea if WG would show us the equation for ratings, IMMO.

ZlatanArKung #3 Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:22 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostDerethim, on 10 September 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

Just a thought.

After playing at least 50 battles in a tank, you would be able to rate it 1 to 5 stars in, for example; Mobility, Survivability, Firepower.

Would be more meaningful if the players made these ratings and not just "Firepower 60".

Like where am I supposed to know the equation from, that WG used to get these numbers?

You never hear the Youtubers say "OH the Defender has a nice survivalability of over 9000" etc.

Just my two cents.

Those ratings are pretty meaningless (just like player based ratings would be, 1 number for firepower is not saying anything) but if you expand those numbers, you get to the numbers worth noticing and can from those numbers see what tank is good/bad at.

Jigabachi #4 Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I had a similar idea some years ago, but it won't work. Like mentioned above, most players are entirely clueless, so, to actually have a meaningfull number, you'd have to keep the bad ones from voting. And that's something that is really hard to sell.

Besides that, I never bothered with those ratings anway. I don't even check the tanks' characteristics. I just buy it, play it and judge it myself.

Edited by Jigabachi, 10 September 2017 - 01:33 PM.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67337 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I would trust that even less. Or care even less about it. A: You would have plenty of "trolls" giving tanks like the AMX 40 five stars on mobility. Or the Churchill Gun Carrier 5 star on survivability. B: I would trust it even less on an "OP" tank. As there people would rate it down because "WG". Like giving he Type 5 one star on firepower or armor, just because. Or people just giving it one star on everything, because they could not play it, it gave them a bad WR, or it was not OP enough vs what people told them.

And I'm not gonna pick a tank because it has 5 starts due to it fitting other people's style more then me. Some of the tanks I like, other people hate. Thus a rating system with a mix of trolls would be worthless for most. I just want the old stat screen back they removed in 9.18 for no reason. I hate having everything in a drop down menu with the rating numbers above it. So I can't have all the info I want in one screen, as I could before.

qqq10 #6 Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23497 battles
It would be just as useless as those meaningless numbers are right now. Too many idiots playing the game. What they should do, is go back to the way the stats used to be displayed before they "upgraded" it to this "modern" (moron friendly) look.

BP_OMowe #7 Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

The current "rating"-numbers are utterly useless, as no one can explain how they relate to each other and the actual stats behind them.

Adding a star system would not do anything to change this, although I frankly can't see the harm done replacing one useless rating with another player generated one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users