Would anyone else like the ability to move female crew members between nations once per crew member?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Poll: Would it be a good gesture from WG to let us move female crew members between nations once per crew member? (63 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you like to be able to move female crew members to other nations once?

1. Yes, I would have placed them differently if sisterhood of steel had always been compatible with BIA (46 votes [73.02%])

Percentage of vote: 73.02%

2. No I would have still wanted all girl crews and nothing would change (9 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. It doesnt affect me directly, but I do think this would be the right thing for WG to do (8 votes [12.70%])

Percentage of vote: 12.70%

Vote Hide poll

Mike_Mckay #1 Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20283 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
Just curious if anyone else would like the ability to move female crew members to other nations now that the way sisterhood of steel works has changed so drastically?

When I first started to complete the personal mission tracks the SHOS only worked if every crew member was female, so adding them to a crew that wasn't was detrimental to the crew as they couldn't learn BIA and make crewmembers couldn't learn SHOS

So as we got some free with the Swedish line the logical choice was to pile them all in there and just not worry about problems with reverse parking my tanks. So that means I have 6 female crew members in a nation with only two lines

Had it worked how it does now in the first place I would have put them all as commanders in various nations as commanders often have twice as many useful skills as other crew members so the ZS SHOS perk would be far more useful as a commander than for any other crew member

So, as the way SHOS works changed so its now been changed to BIA so they can be teamed up with male crew members would it be reasonable to ask for a one shot deal on being able to move female crew members to where you would have placed them if it had always worked this way as they really are quite wasted as crew members that don't have many skills youre bothered about training but you HAD to allocate one as such in order for the SHOS perk to work

EDIT: After posting this I thought it would be better as a poll, dunno if we can delete topics we have posted lol, but if not that's why theres two of the same thing

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 11 September 2017 - 02:01 PM.

Mike_Mckay #2 Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20283 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
Sorry, I hadn't realised the "poll only" box at all and didn't realise it meant people couldn't post until someone pointed it out on the first iteration

DUH@me :)

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 11 September 2017 - 02:02 PM.

Kirk_Helmet #3 Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 37418 battles
  • [PAPKO] PAPKO

The fact that SHoS was not compatible with BiA definitely influenced the way many of us assigned female crew members from personal missions. Personally I would put some of them to different tanks and nations and would like to be given that opportunity. Don't really think WG would like to give us such chance but it's worth to try and ask.

+1 

Lord_Edge #4 Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5987 battles

View PostKirk_Helmet, on 11 September 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

The fact that SHoS was not compatible with BiA definitely influenced the way many of us assigned female crew members from personal missions. 

Same, I put all of mine from the Stug missions into my Centurion AX, in the current meta I would have put each one in a different nation tank as the commander, because why wouldn't you when SoS and BIA are shared now :(

Edited by Ubersonic, 11 September 2017 - 03:10 PM.

15JG52Brauer #5 Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 75236 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
While I think we deserve a free chance to do this because wargaming did indeed change the goalposts, and I certainly would have planned my crews differentley if I could mix and match them from the start - I am also surprised that WG haven't made it something you can do for gold, to eek some more cash out of the playerbase  in the same sort of way you can retrain a crew member to a new position for gold. Maybe they are saving it until after they run out of OP T8 prem tanks.

SuedKAT #6 Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:14 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Yeah I would have put my girls in different tanks as well if this was the case when I made the choice, or rather I wouldn't have put a complete crew of girls in a single tank.

zen_monk_ #7 Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 25307 battles
You miss one option: I don't want any girls in my tanks. This has always been a man's field, never had Sorority in Arms or Bi in Arms or...

JCTagger #8 Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13307 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I'm in the same position as OP - got all the free Swedish girls, then did the sums, and chose to make the only PM girl I had a Swede, so that I'd have two all-girl crews when I get the lines to tier VIII...

I've subsequently achieved three of the other StuG PMs (still can't get LT-15...), and got the three girls sat in a Chi-He at tier IV, quietly buffing thier skills in a non-BiA mixed crew, waiting for the arrival of thier missing Sister, that they can start off up the Jap Med' line (my Son says it gets good at Tier VIII +...)

If BiA/SoS had been compatible in the first place, I'd have been using the PM Girls as commanders in new lines, for the obvious free 6th-sense buff...

Erwin_Von_Braun #9 Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postzen_monk_, on 11 September 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

You miss one option: I don't want any girls in my tanks. This has always been a man's field, never had Sorority in Arms or Bi in Arms or...

An attitude that belongs in the 1950's my friend.:child:

I know two women that would snap you in half just for thinking that.:D

Aikl #10 Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25530 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

While there's a boatload of other stuff that should be fixed before they start working on something that actually requires reprogramming parts of the game, it would make a lot of sense. Try posting it in the garbage collector pinned feedback thread too. I really doubt there's anyone opposed to this change - and WG wouldn't either if you had to spend gold on converting them to other nationalities.

WG is not well-known for actually bothering to fix new, 'friendly' additions to the game for existing players, though. 100% crew for T1 tanks, the new training mission, getting one additional free 100% crew... all the small things.

(You just know that if they do it, it'll take an eternity because they wanted the crew members to keep their national crew voices even when cross-trained. Or whatever.)

Erwin_Von_Braun #11 Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Good idea btw, voted yey!

zen_monk_ #12 Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 25307 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 11 September 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

I know two women that would snap you in half just for thinking that.:D

Those two women might try to snap me in half, but being women they'll cry for their broken fingernails. C'mon, get real. It's not attitude, it's basic biology.

Erwin_Von_Braun #13 Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postzen_monk_, on 11 September 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

Those two women might try to snap me in half, but being women they'll cry for their broken fingernails. C'mon, get real. It's not attitude, it's basic biology.

I can't work out if you're an old fella who has yet to catch up with the 21st century, or a young lad who has little, or no, experience with women.

Which one is it?

Lord_Edge #14 Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5987 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 11 September 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

Well in fairness that is when the game's set :P

cmgamesro #15 Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12153 battles
  • [RO-SR] RO-SR
these wamens, always switching the side.

Mike_Mckay #16 Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20283 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 13 September 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

I can't work out if you're an old fella who has yet to catch up with the 21st century, or a young lad who has little, or no, experience with women.

Which one is it?

something I did find funny though was that even male BIA crews only come with BIA pre trained, female crews come with BIA plus an entire extra skill

So it is quite funny that like with women entering into the military "concessions" are made even with a pixelated female crew member, so is WOT sexist? Do they believe that to do the same job as a male commander a female needs more training? lol

It reminded me of the US marines, the requirement for men is to be able to do something like 15 pull ups, this is to ascertain someones ability to (wearing a full combat pack) pull another marine who might weight 12 stone or more who is also wearing a full combat load out from the line of fire or to be able to carry them to safety so its an ABSOLUTE minimum requirement for men, for women however they just need to be able to hang on a bar for a few minutes and similar concessions in other areas because too many people, especially those in politics opt for the equality of outcome rather than merely equality of "opportunity" as their version of "equality" which is basically discrimination under another name :)

So its probably not a good idea for US marines to get injured in combat if they have women in their squad......

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 13 September 2017 - 09:38 PM.

zen_monk_ #17 Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 25307 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 13 September 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

Which one is it?

I'm the guy who's giving you the cold hard facts of life, not trendy campus fantasies.

I've been in combat. There you need a strong reliable mate by your side, not a girl.

Mike_Mckay #18 Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:09 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20283 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View Postzen_monk_, on 13 September 2017 - 10:21 PM, said:

I'm the guy who's giving you the cold hard facts of life, not trendy campus fantasies.

I've been in combat. There you need a strong reliable mate by your side, not a girl.

I guess even a man who thinks he is a girl is kind of an upgrade lol

Maybe that's why they wanted to let trans people in, so they could claim to meet the "quotas" without weakening the armed forces quite as much by replacing women with men that have mental issues lol

UrQuan #19 Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:27 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19430 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postzen_monk_, on 13 September 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

This girl looks quite reliable: Alexandra Samusenko. In the end; in combat; what you need is a reliable person, irrelevant of gender. 

IncandescentGerbil #20 Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35679 battles
My female crew members' menstrual cycles have all synchronised. You DO NOT want to meet my Foch B every fourth week.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users