Team damage Appeal Wargaming Fix Fix this Banned

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Bhram #1 Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12098 battles
  • [-DMT-] -DMT-

I fixed my problems got help from some experienced players and I'm going to improve myself in the game,

this topic is closed now,

Edited by Bhram, 12 September 2017 - 11:17 AM.

Homer_J #2 Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBhram, on 10 September 2017 - 10:16 PM, said:

Dear people u guys may have the same problem as me, people start to hit u cause u did a little push or u drive a kv2 and splash damage your own team mate or even your game laggs and u accedently killed some1 and got banned, 

Let me think. errrmmmm, nope.  never happened to me.

If you got yourself banned for 30 days for team damage then good riddance.

BravelyRanAway #3 Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:40 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22539 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostBhram, on 10 September 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

Dear people u guys may have the same problem as me, people start to hit u cause u did a little push or u drive a kv2 and splash damage your own team mate or even your game laggs and u accedently killed some1 and got banned, 

It takes a lot to get a 30 day ban..........you are the weakest link.......goodbye!

malachi6 #4 Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49855 battles

1 hour, 1 day,  1 week, 1 month.  That is the sanctions system.  This means you have consistently remained blue and done team damage / team killed enough times to get banned for a month.  If your PC means you struggle to play without lags then this game is probably not for you anyway.

That, or we are not ready for your meta.

Bhram #5 Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12098 battles
  • [-DMT-] -DMT-

View Postmalachi6, on 10 September 2017 - 10:45 PM, said:

1 hour, 1 day,  1 week, 1 month.  That is the sanctions system.  This means you have consistently remained blue and done team damage / team killed enough times to get banned for a month.  If your PC means you struggle to play without lags then this game is probably not for you anyway.

That, or we are not ready for your meta.

Uhm yeah i had a lot of trouble with my pc my 7 day ban happend with my kv2 i slapshed 2 time a friendly tank, im getting a new pc in 4 days

Edited by Bhram, 10 September 2017 - 10:51 PM.

Bhram #6 Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12098 battles
  • [-DMT-] -DMT-

Yeah this happends to me sometimes, think they should look when people get banned for 7 days they have to look at the replay on how it happend and the consider if u are a treath or not,

I think wargaming need to fix some things in this compartment!

Bhram #7 Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12098 battles
  • [-DMT-] -DMT-

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 10 September 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

It takes a lot to get a 30 day ban..........you are the weakest link.......goodbye!

Yup i know im not the best player i play for a 2 years or more now im improving linda good but lagg was a problem

BravelyRanAway #8 Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:05 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22539 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostBhram, on 10 September 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

Yup i know im not the best player i play for a 2 years or more now im improving linda good but lagg was a problem

Sorry...but lag doesn't kill team mates.....aiming at them does.

Homer_J #9 Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBhram, on 10 September 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

Yeah this happends to me sometimes, think they should look when people get banned for 7 days they have to look at the replay on how it happend 

You don't get a 7 day ban from one battle.

IIRC to get a 7 day ban you have to have been banned for an hour, then banned again for a day, and banned again for three days.  And the ban length resets if you play long enough to redeem yourself.

You don't get to a 30 day teamkilling ban by accident.  If you get to that stage there is absolutely no need to be checking replays.  You are a liability to the game and no matter how much money you might be planning to spend Wargaming is better off without you.

UrQuan #10 Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:45 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19430 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

While the team-damage automated system is not pêrfect, it works good enough. To get a 30 day ban, you really have to work at it. Using a bad PC as excuse for 'accidental' teamdamage/kills is weak. Sure can happen sometimes, but I'd imagine you'd take care then not to shoot the greens/not taking risky shots if your weak PC causes the game to lag behind in stuff.

Also, the teamdamage/kill warning/punishment system in a nut-shell: 

Non-ban warnings:

- You turn blue during battle -> *Please stop shooting the green tanks! Take care of your aim!*

- You turn blue in garage (but not in battle) -> *You have been hitting green tanks too much lately! Beware your aim!*

- You turn blue in garage & the upcoming battle(s) -> You've been shooting too much green tanks lately! Be careful in your aim! And beware of Karma happening.*

Ban warnings:

- You've been banned for an hour: *You killed/shot too many green tanks, think of what you did & don't do it again*

- You've been banned for a day: *You did not learn, take a day off from Wot to cool down & stop shooting da greenz*

- You've been banned for a week: *Darnit! Either stop shooting the greens or start using colourblind mode! Or so help me Serb!*

- You've been banned for 30 days: *Serious, cool it dude. Green tanks don't shoot you, why do you keep shooting them... It's the reds that hurt you.. Not the green...*

- You've been permanently banned: *Congratulations, you have achieved the level at which WG does not like your money anymore, and they like our money very much! You are a very bad boy!*

Source: Friendly Fire & Team Kill autosystem

Seriously, stop shooting the greens. No-one is so clumsy, nor owns a PC that is so bad, that he shoots more green then red... And if you do: turn on colourblind mode if you can't distinguish red from green...

Keep in mind, You are at the point WG had enough of you. That they rather don't have your money, and that's some scary threshold to reach tbh... No need to fix things, just take care of your aim. Is the team-damage system perfect? no, it has flaws, which can cause you to get the various blue warnings, either by bad luck or being on the wrong end of a flawed team-damage detection. At most, you can get the 1 hour warning if the teamdamage you do is accidental & you got one bad streak (machinegun-autoloaders can be prone to this)

To get anything more then a 1 hour ban for team-damage/kills takes a different level of teamdamage/kills approach, going beyond accidental.

Edited by UrQuan, 11 September 2017 - 09:50 AM.

Xenasys #11 Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:04 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11302 battles
OP Take a break get your new PC fix the Lag (?) Aim at the Red Ones and you should not get any more bans

Aikl #12 Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:05 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25530 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Seems to take som real effort to get banned, though according to WG you're basically on a 'leash', where both team damage in one battle is counted and overall. I've had a couple of sessions where I've been both unlucky and a bit careless - still didn't get banned, likely because I'm not doing that every match/day.

I actually got banned on Saturday - because a friendly Caernarvon, trying to flip my 103-0 back on its tracks, got under me and was crushed. Kind of annoying, but surprise - it was only for one hour. Six years, and that's the second time I even knew the system was actually working on my end (the previous being a similar incident where I brushed shoulders with another tank on a slope).

View PostHomer_J, on 10 September 2017 - 10:21 PM, said:

IIRC to get a 7 day ban you have to have been banned for an hour, then banned again for a day, and banned again for three days.  And the ban length resets if you play long enough to redeem yourself.

Huh, TIL. Was on the fence on whether I should just start to outright quit the battle when I get flipped, lest I want to get banned again. Doesn't look like the game will punish you for it - though if I really have to leave the game I prefer to just use Alt+F4 anyway.

As for OP, he's only been playing for one and a half year or so. Hardly surprising if he never got to the point where the ban 'counter' resets.

Edited by Aikl, 11 September 2017 - 10:06 AM.

Jahrakajin #13 Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:23 AM

View PostBhram, on 10 September 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

I fixed my problems got help from some experienced players and I'm going to improve myself in the game,

this topic is closed now,

Closed on request.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users