A question about the upgrades on the chinese 110

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Mike_Mckay #1 Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18744 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
I did a bit of a dumb thing yesterday, and although I had stockpiled free XP to unlock the tracks and turret on this I had forgotten that was what I planned to do and used it to unlock the tank instead whilst the heavy tank discounts were on

So now I am not sure if I "need" the tracks in order to mount the turret or whether I can get (and mount) the turret next without upgrading the tracks

Does anyone know the answer to this or is there a way to tell from the module information?

Spurtung #2 Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:36 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61592 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

But did you get the 110 or not?

What I do is check in garage, under 'Mobility', for Weight/Load Limit. That is the current weight/how much the tracks can hold.

Then it's just a matter of checking the weight of the module that comes out and the weight of the module that goes in and see if the tracks can hold it.

RamRaid90 #3 Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:36 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20586 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Right click the tank in the tech tree and view it.

You can then change modules on the bottom, it will tell you whether it can be added or not.

Mike_Mckay #4 Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18744 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostRamRaid90, on 10 September 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

Right click the tank in the tech tree and view it.

You can then change modules on the bottom, it will tell you whether it can be added or not.

I couldn't see where I could change the modules, but as the previous poster mentioned it says "46.57/47" in the details, so I assume that means all I could load onto the tank without the new tracks is a case of coca cola lol

Cheers for the help, hadn't noticed it showed the XX/XX bit in the details

EDIT: I found what you meant, if I don't own the tank I can play around with the config, I just had a look at the tier 9 and saw what you meant, that's going to be quite handy, cheers :)

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 10 September 2017 - 11:12 PM.

Mike_Mckay #5 Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18744 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostSpurtung, on 10 September 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

But did you get the 110 or not?

What I do is check in garage, under 'Mobility', for Weight/Load Limit. That is the current weight/how much the tracks can hold.

Then it's just a matter of checking the weight of the module that comes out and the weight of the module that goes in and see if the tracks can hold it.

Yeah I bought it last night like a div, I could have at least left it till today and just earned the last 20 odd k XP to unlock it then unlocked the tracks right away leaving just a few K for the turret.

But as I need to do 12k a day to unlock the tier 9 before the TOT ends it will just mean tracks today turret tomorrow lol, I guess that will teach me to be impatient :)

Spurtung #6 Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:29 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61592 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostMike_Mckay, on 11 September 2017 - 12:07 AM, said:

Yeah I bought it last night like a div, I could have at least left it till today and just earned the last 20 odd k XP to unlock it then unlocked the tracks right away leaving just a few K for the turret.

You could have done it tomorrow, even.

The good thing, though, is that you're already using the 110.

Mike_Mckay #7 Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:25 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18744 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostSpurtung, on 10 September 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

You could have done it tomorrow, even.

The good thing, though, is that you're already using the 110.

Yeah that's why it was so stupid, late night brain fart basically lol

I could have easily earned the last XP for unlocking the tank and enough for the tracks upgrade leaving about 1 and a half times the XP needed for the turret or just got the tracks right away leaving about 5 games worth of XP for the turret

On the bright side I was expecting the stock turret to be awful from the stats but after facing a T29 in a 1v1 punch up and bouncing every shot he fired once I got face on to him to use the pike nose even the stock turret is surprisingly good, much better than I thought it would be at least, so that 30k doesn't look like anywhere as much of a grind as I thought it was going to be

Balc0ra #8 Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64429 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostMike_Mckay, on 10 September 2017 - 11:04 PM, said:

I couldn't see where I could change the modules, but as the previous poster mentioned it says "46.57/47" in the details, so I assume that means all I could load onto the tank without the new tracks is a case of coca cola lol

Well I notice you have already bought it, but just mentioning it for future reference.

Preview only works for the tank if you have not bought it. If you already own it, you need to use the "comparison" tool to check that out, as if he automatically adds the track there once you add the turret, it means it's to heavy. If you don't own it and can use the preview, you simply change the modules in the lower center once in preview mode. Simply clicking on the turret icon to see it's selection should tell you in red letters if it's to heavy or not.

Before you could simply hover over the modules in the tech tree to see if the weight was listed in red. Indicating you could not load it. Now it just means it's heavier then the last, and your power to weight is gonna get worse.

Edited by Balc0ra, 11 September 2017 - 01:46 AM.

Mike_Mckay #9 Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18744 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 September 2017 - 12:44 AM, said:

Well I notice you have already bought it, but just mentioning it for future reference.

Preview only works for the tank if you have not bought it. If you already own it, you need to use the "comparison" tool to check that out, as if he automatically adds the track there once you add the turret, it means it's to heavy. If you don't own it and can use the preview, you simply change the modules in the lower center once in preview mode. Simply clicking on the turret icon to see it's selection should tell you in red letters if it's to heavy or not.

Before you could simply hover over the modules in the tech tree to see if the weight was listed in red. Indicating you could not load it. Now it just means it's heavier then the last, and your power to weight is gonna get worse.

Appreciated, I had assumed there would be a way to know but (obviously lol) I hadn't needed to check before hand before. But with needing to get a consistent amount of XP per day for the TOTT to reach tier 9 before the discount ends had the stock turret been useless it could have made those 30k a total pain in the buttsky

Gonna miss the fully upgraded IS2 though, it was pretty fun to play once upgraded, definitely one to circle back around to once I have everything unlocked

Balc0ra #10 Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64429 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostMike_Mckay, on 11 September 2017 - 01:50 AM, said:

Gonna miss the fully upgraded IS2 though, it was pretty fun to play once upgraded, definitely one to circle back around to once I have everything unlocked

Sold my IS once I got that one. Stock it was more or less the Russian IS, and one of the better HT stock grinds in the game IMO, as all the guns had 175 pen.

Mike_Mckay #11 Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:45 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18744 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 September 2017 - 12:59 AM, said:

Sold my IS once I got that one. Stock it was more or less the Russian IS, and one of the better HT stock grinds in the game IMO, as all the guns had 175 pen.

Yeah I enjoyed the Russian lines right up to the 5 tier 10s on XB1 but for some reason haven't really bothered with the Chinese lines much on there despite the similarities

But on PC theres the two tier 10 Chinese tanks (we only have one on Xbox) so that combined with the TOTT was a bit of an incentive so the WG 111 1-4 "should" be my third tier 9

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users