Ranked Battles: New Season Begins September 18

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

armandio #41 Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 75524 battles

View PostGeno1isme, on 12 September 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

I think you misunderstood the point he was trying to make: No matter how good you are, the mode requires a massive time investment to end up in the ladder, not to mention league 1. And the top places are more about time investment for farming vehicle ranks (which are almost twice as cheap as rank 5 which is just silly). So while the mode requires a certain amount of skill for sure it still is just another massive grindfest. Even that "impressive" result in "just" 225 battles is like 25 hours of time invested (assuming ~10 battles per hour which is probably optimistic) and your median over 50 hours. So most people who don't play WoT full time and can't or don't want to play ranked exclusively get screwed over basically.

Also the way the ladder works will destroy this mode pretty soon, esp. with the changes to the ranks: You make it harder to achieve rank 5, so less people will achieve the minimum score for the leaderboard, so the total seasonrewards will shrink significantly. On the other hand you make it easier to farm points with vehicle ranks so the threshold to get into the reward ranks will rise. Do you really think this will motivate people below the top 1% to invest time and resources in this mode?

What is Your offer?

3 battles and jump in 1st League? :teethhappy:

I see You only crying now...

Edited by armandio, 12 September 2017 - 06:40 PM.

albee9 #42 Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 53617 battles
  • [ACIDO] ACIDO
Question for WG staff:
​The web page includes the following statement:
"On top of that, you can work through Battle Missions and specials without quitting Ranked Battles. You heard it right: missions are now available in Ranked Battles."

​Does it include personal missions and/or top of tree missions?
Thanks

Chodarek #43 Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 38826 battles

I have 2 main problems with ranked and improvements:

1. Rewarding people on losing team. That completely contradicts to any team effort. Everyone plays only to get to top 5 (prev. 3). Why should I ever take a shot for my teammate to keep him alive, better use him to get some more exp for myself. My solution for this is that only win gets you point, loss takes one from you. Might be harsh, but for me it´s the only fair way (works for other e-sports).

2. 5 ranks and then grind. Do you really expect, that battles will be skill based, when you divide people in 5 groups? Within a week? Tell you what - anyone will be able to make it to rank 5 with the right recipe - take arty, load gold, wait for every battle (who cares if its 5 minutes), play 4 hours a day, lose 200k credits every day. My solution for this is way more ranks and way longer season, not divided into stages with rank resets. Hearthstone resets seasons every month, League of legends every year! Don´t tell me it takes a week to distribute people based on their skill. Make even smaller rewards during the season, to keep people playing.

In my opinion ranked should be an option of gameplay, one day you feel like playing cw, the other you want to play ranked, or you want to relax in random. If kept like this, for me it´s only frustration, since I know I don´t have the time for it (can´t imagine how clans operate during season). If I won´t commit fully, i won´t be gettin any rewards (I was in league 1 after 2 weeks, ended up in league 3, just because I didn´t have the nerves for it), therefore it´s only logical I won´t play at all. I believe that most players will do the same, especially after that "very succesfull" first season.

lolomantasss #44 Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2365 battles
haven't played previous season but i will definitely try this mode. just before somehow i need to get rid with pain grinding credits to buy tier10. i think there should be better rewards. in particular for credits. according to this Ranked Battles will bankrupt you even more, isn't? so my question- is it posible to play RB tier10 tank without disturbtion of credit grind or premium acc when your winrate below 50%???

Quintuss #45 Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21722 battles
  • [DIVA_] DIVA_

View Postlolomantasss, on 12 September 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

haven't played previous season but i will definitely try this mode. just before somehow i need to get rid with pain grinding credits to buy tier10. i think there should be better rewards. in particular for credits. according to this Ranked Battles will bankrupt you even more, isn't? so my question- is it posible to play RB tier10 tank without disturbtion of credit grind or premium acc when your winrate below 50%???

good one.

Even unicums seem to struggle to break even unless their clan has credit-boost running. I skipped last season completely, in this one i might have a go at the first rank - 1 good win to get some goodies. But i see no reason to waste time and credits doing more.

guest273 #46 Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34836 battles
  • [HEFFY] HEFFY
That moment when they show the forum comments in the video and first comment is KLguns bi*ching about ranked battles!!! :P :hiding: :medal:  XD Pure comedy gold!

straubbazsi #47 Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14620 battles
  • [TRIGG] TRIGG

"We received invaluable feedback on the reward system and economy. For the 2nd Season, Ranked Battles offer new ways to boost your earnings, while revised stage rewards let you earn more Bonds without waiting for the season’s end."

I got 31 credit booster last season. Now I can see five at end of the 3weeks. And some in the premium shop. Endless new ways and possibilities my friends.

alienslive #48 Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 72333 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Mines! I would like to congratulate who put it on the list. Needs a promotion.

Jumping_Turtle #49 Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 52250 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

Competing with totally overpowered 907's isnt my idea of a honest ranking mode.

Will play just like the first round. Wait two days till all the try hards are ar rank 3 and above, play a few games till rank 1 or 2 and quit for the week. Will get me 100 or 300 bonds every week but I will not be wasting my time on this mode if I can not compete at the same level.

Horcan #50 Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

The Great Hunter

• Player
  • 53572 battles
  • [LGND] LGND

View PostGepard_PH, on 12 September 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

The data is publicly available, all you need to do is go in-game, click Ranked Battles and check the results of last season.

The lowest number of battles player needed to reach League 1 was around 225.

Does it undermine the skill factor? Not at all. To enter League 1 in beta season, 34 rank points were needed. You'd get 20 points for reach Rank 5 each of 4 weeks, and you'd still need 14 more point for vehicle ranks. Quick calculations and you see that you needed at least (1+3+3+5+7)*4 + 14*5 = 156 battles to get those 34 points, and that's if you win 100% of your battles. Considering that you can lose chevrons and ranks, I'd say achieving this in 225 battles only is impressive.

Also, if you check results, you'll see that many players in League 1 are extraordinary tankers with 60%+ win rate (not only in RB, but overall).

So yeah, I'm sure that Ranked Battles actually reward skilled players.

Thats exactly the main problem, vehicle ranks. I know i dont have enough time to play to be able to compete with grinders that play 5 hours every day, so this give me no reason to play because the rewards are horrible for not being top. OFC , i will do few battles to get some easy bonds but overall its a mode to avoid for me. Boring and counterproductive. You spend million credits to get bonds. Totally not worth it.

m1ch #51 Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:54 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15220 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

Ranked battles are awesome. Played 1 game and it was more than enough. Can't wait for the new season to play another 0 battles.

Is the working mm also being introduced 18th september or we'll still deal with stupid awesome idea of   C O N S T A N T  3/5/7 with +2 mm?

fighting_falcon93 #52 Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:18 PM

Major

• Player
  • 25892 battles

View PostGeno1isme, on 12 September 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

Do you really think this will motivate people below the top 1% to invest time and resources in this mode?

This, +1'000'000. Sadly WG doesn't understand this... yet. They will understand after a few seasons when average players have grown tired of this stupid reward system and stopped playing it. Then there will be only the top 1% left, fighting for league 1... When those players start to get league 3 rewards or even no rewards at all, they'll stop playing aswell.

But WG is confident that they know the best. Just look at the garage slot reward, instead of actually rewarding their players, they give them a reward that they know is propably not very usefull for the gamemodes target audience, i.e. players that have played this game long enough to have multiple tier 10s and propably already have plenty of empty garage slots. Giving them 300 gold instead would have been a truly horrible act of generosity from WGs point of view.

Edited by fighting_falcon93, 12 September 2017 - 03:20 PM.

trispect #53 Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29745 battles
  • [SPALE] SPALE
Fix the economy. Not interested to grind credits to be able to play the game. Bad session of ranked and you lose 800k credits.

nome2 #54 Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18677 battles
  • [A-I] A-I

"NOOB QUESTION" ( pls answer me :-) )

If i reach RANK 3 and then i lose all next matches being under the top 5 player in the loser team, I'll return to RANK 1 or I'll stay on RANK 3????

Thx for answer me 

Edited by nome2, 12 September 2017 - 08:10 PM.

trispect #55 Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29745 battles
  • [SPALE] SPALE

View Postnome2, on 12 September 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

If i reach RANK 3 and then i lose all next matches being under the top 5 player in the loser team, I'll return to RANK 1 or I'll stay on RANK 3????

Thx for answer me 

Yes, you drop ranks just like in first season.

Horcan #56 Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:06 AM

The Great Hunter

• Player
  • 53572 battles
  • [LGND] LGND
Lol just noticed that you reduced people that gain a chevron in every game from 15 out of 30 to 10 out of 30, while increasing chevrons needed to reach rank 5. So people with WR somewhere around 50% or below will never reach more than rank 4 now. Now im absolutely sure i wont play this game mode at all, even if i had 57% efficiency in first season.

Edited by Horcan, 13 September 2017 - 06:07 AM.

gunslingerXXX #57 Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8174 battles

View Postlolomantasss, on 12 September 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

yes it's possible but then you need to stop playing after you get to rank 1. Works well in credit department because the reward is sufficient to cover the expenses (provided you don't spam gold). But it's hardly an 'experience' this way...

Mr_Pain_ #58 Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:19 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 61499 battles

View Postnome2, on 12 September 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

Thx for answer me 

If I remember, You can drop down, but You will stay with Your best result in a list.

Wysch #59 Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:31 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 32388 battles

I don't understand this logic:

Block Quote

We wanted to build the mode around a great individual contribution that leads to victory.

Block Quote

These changes promote tighter teamplay as a great individual performance alone won’t always grant you a chevron.

I.e. I could really really try my best, do 8k dmg, and still lose because I got fourteen players who can't find toilet seats on their own and yet all I'll get is... nothing but keeping my chevron. 

Seems fair to me. :great:

Individual performance for the win.

Also whoever keeps putting Mines in high tier games (i.e. even ranked battles) should be fired immediately. Bring Province back to tier 10 games (i.e. Ranked Battles as well) then. Both maps have similar (or even the same) issue and no one in the company cares about it.

VanGore78 #60 Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 50509 battles

WOT used to be MMO with tanks one day?

Now WG made sure that CW and other clan activities are just dead. Drop dead. ESL used to be fun and a fair way to win some gold, so WG killed the gold payouts and ESL is dead (for WoT)

WG made sure that platooning in random is crap, i mean REAL CRAP. Whoever wants to platoon will be bottom tier. PERIOD. Real fun isn't it?

And you put ranked battles....

yeah makes sense.

WG u head in the wrong direction

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users