32 replies to this topic

yun9 #1 Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 5105 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

Back with tier 7. For those who missed it, here's T6

Let's get right to it shall we?

My reasoning is for a setup with small rep kit, med kit and rations. Not a fire extuingisher since this is a Unicum guide meaning we're optimizing here. Food is great for gun consistency so we're going to use that over HP conservation consistency. 

**Disclaimer** All of this is based on the WoT Wiki, if there are any errors feel free to point them out and I will correct them. I also talk out of personal experience and if there were changes to armament or armour then please inform me so I can correct this and inform correctly :) 

AMX 13 57 GF:

Spoiler

AT-15A:

Spoiler

E 25:

Spoiler

FV201 (A45):

Spoiler

IS-2 Berlin:

Spoiler

ISU-122S:

Spoiler

Krupp-Steyr Waffenträger:

Spoiler

KV-122:

Spoiler

M56 Scorpion:

Spoiler

Panther/M10:

Spoiler

SU-122-44:

Spoiler

Type 62:

Spoiler

VK 45.03:

Spoiler

This took a bit longer than I expected. I don't have much free time this week to finish tier 8 (started a bit yesterday), but I'll try to finish it by this weekend but no promises. Might be longer. It will definitely be more elaborate and thorough since it's where you really go for the big bucks. 

Thanks for reading. // yung

Edited by _yung, 11 September 2017 - 11:29 PM.

yun9 #2 Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 5105 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
and spoilers are broken AGAIN, jesus christ this forum sometimes man

VeryRisky #3 Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:37 AM

General

• Player
  • 17207 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post_yung, on 11 September 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

M56 Scorpion:

I've run this with Camonet rather than EGLD.   Maybe you're right, but I'm often spending a lot longer than 3s without moving so I might as well have the extra concealment.  The tanks has it's best games when you manage to stay unspotted.

On the crew skills, I chose to use my T40 crew so I could optimise the crew for the M56.

They have Camo, BiA  then 6th/DesTarget/Smoothride/SafeStowage and I'm training Sitaware/Snap/clutch/repairs.  If I get that lot finished I will retrain the Loader to a perk. 

Repairs I don't rate here as not getting shot is the plan A.   Likewise firefighting, if you're on fire you're gonna be dead soon mostly.  For the same reason Cola is good if you are not trying to make cash.

The idea to train Designated Target was put forward by azakow in the scorpion thread and I have run with it since.

alienslive #4 Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 86518 battles

Type 62:

Spoiler

It is my credit maker tank. I love this in the new mm. 

Gun can hit without full aiming. 

My loadout 26/16/5. Yes, the HE is usefull against other LTs (spic + amx) + some TD and arty. Ofc need to know where to pen them. Mostly I use HEAT when I run out of AP...

Big disadventage of the tank is the engine hp...small guns (cromwell) can KO the engine with 1 shot.

Mike_Mckay #5 Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19333 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
These are pretty good and must have taken ages to create

Are they on a website anywhere for reference rather than having to sift through the forums if you wanted to check something?

Balc0ra #6 Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65764 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
AT-15A was good when it came, because hardly anyone knew about the center mantle weakspot. Then about a week after it came, everyone knew and it was terrible. Even more so in tier 9 games. Then they removed the limited MM, and later buffed the armor when it got an HD model. It's rather good fun now actually. Played mine a bit more recently. Panther M10 is the same. Would never recommend that to anyone a year ago. Now? Def high up on the tier 7 list atm.

ShampoTanker #7 Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:55 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 9056 battles
  • [RAME] RAME

Krupp-Steyr Waffenträger:

Spoiler

Hello, This tank can't run Vents, it has open turret ;)

TankkiPoju #8 Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:16 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20080 battles

I mainly play SU-122-44 for the lulz, so I load much more HE than that, something like 15/10/10

Igor_BL #9 Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38690 battles
  • [GX] GX

I think you go for the GLD on to many tanks.

Lets say vk45.03
It has good gun handling, great acc and decent aimtime... I would go vents every time there, not the GLD.

Panther m/10, same thing...

Even at15a...

I use GLD on really bad guns, like KV-3 etc... or Kranvagen's, 50b, cause they are CW/SH tanks. But in random, would use optics again.

Nice threads, usefull for new players.
But i dont like so many GLD suggestions.

Aikl #10 Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:57 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25220 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostVeryRisky, on 11 September 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

I've run this with Camonet rather than EGLD.   Maybe you're right, but I'm often spending a lot longer than 3s without moving so I might as well have the extra concealment.  The tanks has it's best games when you manage to stay unspotted.

(...)

I've got a feeling that _yung might have a more aggressive playstyle than others, but I kind of agree on this one. Bloom is huge, but aiming time is so low I doubt the effectiveness of a GLD. Camo net really adds to the stacking; making it a decent passive scout.

Toni112007 #11 Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9772 battles
Am I only one who goes in enemies face when top tier (More cautious when many heavies like IS) in Su-122-44 and just annihilate them? It literally feasts on tier 6 and 5.

Edited by Toni112007, 12 September 2017 - 10:12 AM.

yun9 #12 Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 5105 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostVeryRisky, on 11 September 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

On the crew skills, I chose to use my T40 crew so I could optimise the crew for the M56.

They have Camo, BiA  then 6th/DesTarget/Smoothride/SafeStowage and I'm training Sitaware/Snap/clutch/repairs.  If I get that lot finished I will retrain the Loader to a perk. 

Repairs I don't rate here as not getting shot is the plan A.   Likewise firefighting, if you're on fire you're gonna be dead soon mostly.  For the same reason Cola is good if you are not trying to make cash.

The idea to train Designated Target was put forward by azakow in the scorpion thread and I have run with it since.

The usefulness of a Camo Net on a TD is much less than what people give it credit for. I can tell you right now that the top players even refuse to run it on the Strv TDs simply because of how our meta situation looks, and how rarely you get to use it. If you want to make use of it you'll have to cut corners on quality gameplay and camp a lot more. The good thing about this tank is its mobility, we want the GLD to minimise exposure when firing because on maps like Cliff, Redshire, El Halluf and pretty much any city map along with a few more maps in general you simply cannot play far back enough to rely on being unspotted and getting constant targets. You have to peek for your shots. The reason for Binos is if you want to contest vision, a camo net doesn't allow you to do that so Binos are a much better pick for vision games in the first place. I favour having a longer spotting range over a smaller range of getting spotted in tanks like these because you really want to be able to get your own targets when your teams are absolute garbage. 

Vision mechanics allow for so much bushfiring without getting spotted in the first place so a Camo Net should be a wasted equipment slot for experienced players, and a GLD should fit much better because you want your aimtime down to limit exposure for those occasions you need to poke. The tank has really high pen so most of the time you simply have to hit on target to pen except for some heavies so this is the difference between poking-sitting still and aiming-firing before the enemy tank can react and cannot. 

GLD will always be an active equipment that works in your favour no matter how you play it, but a Camo Net forces you to play so incredibly passively to make good use of it and 70% of the time that doesn't work for winning plays. Sure there are a few positions that a Camo Net would allow you to get an extra shot from, but those positions wouldn't get you spotted without it until they might have pushed in already, and then the game is lost no matter what. I'd much rather have my GLD and that situation if I'm going to play passively, make sure that I make my timing window of hitting the shot as big as possible during the timing window of which the enemy tanks are exposed. 

Since I favour Binos over Camo Net I simply make due with the camo crew skill which gives you more than enough to work it, full view range, a faster aiming gun and a little less reliability firing in bushes at 300m is a trade I'd take anyday. 

View PostIgor_BL, on 12 September 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

I think you go for the GLD on to many tanks.

Lets say vk45.03
It has good gun handling, great acc and decent aimtime... I would go vents every time there, not the GLD.

Panther m/10, same thing...

Even at15a...

I use GLD on really bad guns, like KV-3 etc... or Kranvagen's, 50b, cause they are CW/SH tanks. But in random, would use optics again.

Nice threads, usefull for new players.
But i dont like so many GLD suggestions.

Since many tanks in tier 7 aren't allowed to run Vert Stabs we're simply subbing a GLD for it. Anything to make our guns better. The one equipment slot that'll actively influences your contributions the most is not the Rammer, it's the VStab. In this case it's the GLD. For us to make us of DPM in the first place our shots need to hit, for every shot we miss our DPM goes down. For every 5 shots missed a GLD would have made you hit one more. Running a tank without any sort of accuracy equipment is very dangerous IMO. You want your gun to be reliable first and foremost. Your gun is the most important aspect and the one you need to make better. This is why I run GLD, not because my gun handling is good, or bad. It's because it'll make me hit more shots. The second you start shooting longrange on this you'll realise that 0,2 seconds is a lot in terms of reticle size, it helps much more than any other piece of equipment you could put on these tank that you haven't already had there. 

I put optics as a viability on the VK because together with GLD the gun is accurate enough and the Vents buff is normally too small to warrant when you have a fairly mobile heavy with a high base viewrange, but it's still the gun that matters the most. Without the GLD the gun would be still be okay but I'm personally not fine with missing the shots that could have won me games later on. 

Ofc this doesn't mean stacking accuracy buffs on everything, if you are able to run a VStab then you're usually good to go except for a set of very few tanks that could potentially run both even though I don't (E 100 for example).

But stock accuracy when we can improve it and the other important criterias for a good setup that fits these tanks? Absolute no. GLD/Rammer/Optics or Vents are the two combinations to go for in T7 on anything active. What else would you possibly have use for anyway? Half the equipment you can buy is close to 100% worthless.

View PostAikl, on 12 September 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

I've got a feeling that _yung might have a more aggressive playstyle than others, but I kind of agree on this one. Bloom is huge, but aiming time is so low I doubt the effectiveness of a GLD. Camo net really adds to the stacking; making it a decent passive scout.

I'm fairly close to my engagements in it. Wouldn't say I'm aggressive in TDs like these but I move too often to ever warrant a camo net in my tanks at all. GLD helps me much more with super fast pokes, which are mainly for not taking damage in return for the shots I give in the first place.

View PostShampoTanker, on 12 September 2017 - 06:55 AM, said:

Hello, This tank can't run Vents, it has open turret ;)

Oh yeah, I knew this but somehow messed it up when I wrote it up. Fixed and thanks for pointing it out :) 

CmdRatScabies #13 Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:27 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36879 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBalc0ra, on 12 September 2017 - 01:28 AM, said:

AT-15A was good when it came, because hardly anyone knew about the center mantle weakspot. Then about a week after it came, everyone knew and it was terrible. Even more so in tier 9 games. Then they removed the limited MM, and later buffed the armor when it got an HD model. It's rather good fun now actually. Played mine a bit more recently.

Are you sure about that?  I haven't played mine for a while but it has only ever seen Tier 7 & 8 games.

VeryRisky #14 Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:19 PM

General

• Player
  • 17207 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post_yung, on 12 September 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

The usefulness of a Camo Net on a TD is much less than what people give it credit for. I can tell you right now that the top players even refuse to run it on the Strv TDs simply because of how our meta situation looks, and how rarely you get to use it. If you want to make use of it you'll have to cut corners on quality gameplay and camp a lot more. The good thing about this tank is its mobility, we want the GLD to minimise exposure when firing because on maps like Cliff, Redshire, El Halluf and pretty much any city map along with a few more maps in general you simply cannot play far back enough to rely on being unspotted and getting constant targets. You have to peek for your shots. The reason for Binos is if you want to contest vision, a camo net doesn't allow you to do that so Binos are a much better pick for vision games in the first place. I favour having a longer spotting range over a smaller range of getting spotted in tanks like these because you really want to be able to get your own targets when your teams are absolute garbage. 

Vision mechanics allow for so much bushfiring without getting spotted in the first place so a Camo Net should be a wasted equipment slot for experienced players, and a GLD should fit much better because you want your aimtime down to limit exposure for those occasions you need to poke. The tank has really high pen so most of the time you simply have to hit on target to pen except for some heavies so this is the difference between poking-sitting still and aiming-firing before the enemy tank can react and cannot. 

GLD will always be an active equipment that works in your favour no matter how you play it, but a Camo Net forces you to play so incredibly passively to make good use of it and 70% of the time that doesn't work for winning plays. Sure there are a few positions that a Camo Net would allow you to get an extra shot from, but those positions wouldn't get you spotted without it until they might have pushed in already, and then the game is lost no matter what. I'd much rather have my GLD and that situation if I'm going to play passively, make sure that I make my timing window of hitting the shot as big as possible during the timing window of which the enemy tanks are exposed. 

Since I favour Binos over Camo Net I simply make due with the camo crew skill which gives you more than enough to work it, full view range, a faster aiming gun and a little less reliability firing in bushes at 300m is a trade I'd take anyday. 

I'm fairly close to my engagements in it. Wouldn't say I'm aggressive in TDs like these but I move too often to ever warrant a camo net in my tanks at all. GLD helps me much more with super fast pokes, which are mainly for not taking damage in return for the shots I give in the first place.

Oh yeah, I knew this but somehow messed it up when I wrote it up. Fixed and thanks for pointing it out :) 

Sure, I'm managing a lower output with the M56 but still 60% almost entirely solo so I'm getting useful damage in a fair bit of the time.   I might try EGLD for a bit and see how it goes, but yes I try and keep this tank alive in order to contribute  and that means trying not to be in the front line unless I can stay mostly concealed and spotting.  

I guess my calc is that if  I'm using bins, I can make use of a camo net, but perhaps that is just habit.   The scorpion is probably my most effective tank, but the playstyle is more camp that a kitty or T67.

Dr_ownape #15 Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:30 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 42476 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Back with tier 7.

Thanks for reading. // yung

T23E3 says hi. Great work though, keep it up

:hiding:

I run Vstab, optics and rammer.  with 48/25/11 loadout due to its SMM. The recent pen buff helped a lot with using AP too. crew layout is normal US med stuff

Edited by Drownape, 12 September 2017 - 02:54 PM.

yun9 #16 Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 5105 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostDrownape, on 12 September 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

I run Vstab, optics and rammer.  with 48/25/11 loadout due to its SMM. The recent pen buff helped a lot with using AP too. crew layout is normal US med stuff

I havent included any reward tanks, only premiums that you could/can/will be able to buy

yun9 #17 Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 5105 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
Unfortunately my PC got rekt installing a new M.2 drive (won't boot) so it'll be a while until T8 and limited responses to the threads.

fwhaatpiraat #18 Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46558 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Would be cool if the 13-57 gets on sale for a fair price, seems like a fun tank. Since the lt rework it even is quite good. Vk45.03 looks fun as well, consider to get that one.

Nice write-up :)

xtrem3x #19 Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31910 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View PostDrownape, on 12 September 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

View Post_yung, on 12 September 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

I havent included any reward tanks, only premiums that you could/can/will be able to buy

T23E3 is basically a much better Panther/M10 but with a weaker turret.

It's faster and has better DPM

suvicze #20 Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19297 battles
  • [CS-TB] CS-TB
Hmm I was thinking about the same loadout for isu122s for a while, guess I will go with it from my current binos and camo net. It served me well so far but recently I was more often than not forced to take a much more active role especially as top tier as my teammates were simply trash and couldnt even deal with lower tiered enemies properly so I had to step in close and personal and blast them with that insane dpm. And for that kind of role the GLD and vents is much better.

Also tagged with actually, worthwhile, OpieOP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users