Should I install XVM again ?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Should I use XVM ? (72 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should I use XVM ?

1. Yes (14 votes [19.44%])

Percentage of vote: 19.44%

2. No (58 votes [80.56%])

Percentage of vote: 80.56%

Vote Hide poll

Junglist_ #21 Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37100 battles
I used for the reasons you got in the pros list but I found myself too frustrated when I saw all the reds in my team so I deactivated the stat part. Can't see any difference in my performance now since it's off so it will stay off and I recommend you do the same.

AtomkickShinoski #22 Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6576 battles
I was too lazy to install XVM since the recent patch and now I'm playing pretty chilled without having to worry about bad players on my own team and good players on the enemy team.

Enforcer1975 #23 Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postalienslive, on 12 September 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

Life is better if you can't see your teams stat in the beginning...

That's true but you never know if the guy who is telling you "follow me" knows what he is doing / is capable of excuting his plan.

I had this E50M player going full retard because he thought 4 tanks wasn't enough to defend the valley on Lakeville and proceeded to shoot ( me in this case and he bounced at point blank ), harrass and push teammates until he got tked after he lost 99% of his hitpoints to the enemy because he was so kind being between me and the enemy so they hit him instead. After the game i looked at his stats.....a 44% bob, i thought from the way he was raging and the tank he was in it was at least a blunicum...this game never ceases to surprise me.

Ceeb #24 Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30220 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

Happy bunny without XVM, get frustrated and angry and vocal when I use it.... 

Ignorance is bliss. 

Bora_BOOM #25 Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22615 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

I don’t have it for quite some time. Bless that advice from an unica and the moment I have stopped using it.

I like others having XVM tho. They see me yellow and get comfy.

No, do not use that again. You would realize soon you actually haven't been missing it in the first place.

Jumping_Turtle #26 Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:17 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61258 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
If you can handle the info XVM gives you why not. If you cant handle the info and go cursing, drowning, or suiciding than don't.

Havoc7926 #27 Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13083 battles
  • [OLDG] OLDG

Not used it for ages and don't miss it.

I keep a track of my own stats after the battles to see if I'm getting any better over time and which tanks I do ok in and which ones I shouldn't really drive.

It's normally apparent from in game actions who knows what they are doing and who doesn't.  Given how damage focused XVM is I find it difficult to read anything meaningful into the in game stat display anyway.

Dru_UK #28 Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6562 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

I don't use it, but  know that I get targeted in games purely because of my win rate is high and the other team think that in a T7 games why it is so important to find that T5 medium tank and obliterate it in the first 3 minutes.

I do laugh, as normally the team I'm in then go on to win without any help from me...

and that's the problem in a nutshell, plenty of people have xvm and people use in many different ways. Just because you want to use it to help to know who to concentrate your fire on or not - the other 14 people in your own team might have very different ideas...

DeltaOperator #29 Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:27 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23988 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 12 September 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

Oh, it's their choice, is it? To install it or not? That's nice.

I wonder where my option is then, as a non XVM user, to not have my stats in display to those making such altruistic choice...

And I'm very sure you did all that, and you'd also keep all the information in your pretty head so you could use it while in battle. I'm so very sure you did that. So sure.

How can i hide my statistics in World of Tanks from XVM users?
Statistics is always remains public. Any requests for hiding personal statistics will be rejected.

Source: http://www.modxvm.com/en/faq/

You don't have an option, XVM doesn't care about anyone wanting to hide their stats.

Onto the topic:

XVM can be a valueable addition, when used correctly. It should only be used as general orientation. It is especially important to stay calm and collected. If for example you start raging in chat, because you are placed on a team of bad players, then XVM is not for you. That information in itself can be valueable, as it means your team will most likely play really passive and slowy react to things, if they react at all. So the better approach in this kind of matchup is to not take aggressive positions, cause what good is that position if you simply get farmed by a multitude of enemies, because no one was able to support you?

It can also be used to identify good players in your team who will likely display some smart actions and who you can cooperate with. But again, nothing should be taken for granted. Never except anyone to do anything, because they might have other plans. If in doubt use chat, especially before the match to ask for inital spots, etc.

Examples of braindead XVM usage:

Wasting your own top tier tank to take out the lowtier unicum in the enemy team, because he is "dangerous".

Arty focus on unicums, even to the point where you would hold your shots and not even shoot other targets in the open.

As aforementioned, raging in chat about bad teams (it won't make anyone play better).

With great power comes great responsiblity. Not everyone is up to the task of taking said responsibility, so they should stay away from the power.

soul3ater #30 Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18764 battles

No as it's demoralising af. 

szuwax666 #31 Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36439 battles
  • [_CHS_] _CHS_
Install it but do not activate statistics at modxvm.com. You'll get access to some interesting functions without affecting your attitude during the game.

Mike_Mckay #32 Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20329 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

As someone still learning the game I find it handy which might not apply to you

On my own team if I see someone in a similar or identical tank with good stats I will often either try to platoon with them or just "try" to stick fairly near them to try and gleen some ideas on how a 50%+ green or a purple player plays the tank

With the enemy team it depends on what I am driving, if its something I don't like or play well, has a less than 100% or zero skill crew I know which tanks to avoid either by guessing where there likely to go on the map or just kind of back up casually "nothing to see here, just minding my own business" and relocate to another flank lol

If I'm in something more manageable though I'll do the best I can which on a few RARE occasions has paid off with getting to take a high value enemy tank out of the game, but for now that's the exception rather than the rule

The other reason I like it which is more useful now than it used to be is mismatched teams, if its obvious the team I am on is pretty much guaranteed to lose IE 12 greens and 2 purples VS 2 greens 13 reds oranges then I'm not going to even try and drag that abomination out any longer than needs be especially if I am running PRs and to be totally honest in that situation where there is a good time limited mission on I will just yolo right out of the gate to get to the next game rather than waste the most valuable resource there is "time" on such a farce, when the MM is the same in my favour same thing

So personally where at my current level knowing who is better, who isn't and how the teams match up is quite important for a number of reasons I like using it, in 3,4 or more years when its not so important I might not be bothered about it

Baldrickk #33 Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30109 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostMike_Mckay, on 12 September 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

As someone still learning the game I find it handy which might not apply to you

On my own team if I see someone in a similar or identical tank with good stats I will often either try to platoon with them or just "try" to stick fairly near them to try and gleen some ideas on how a 50%+ green or a purple player plays the tank

With the enemy team it depends on what I am driving, if its something I don't like or play well, has a less than 100% or zero skill crew I know which tanks to avoid either by guessing where there likely to go on the map or just kind of back up casually "nothing to see here, just minding my own business" and relocate to another flank lol

If I'm in something more manageable though I'll do the best I can which on a few RARE occasions has paid off with getting to take a high value enemy tank out of the game, but for now that's the exception rather than the rule

The other reason I like it which is more useful now than it used to be is mismatched teams, if its obvious the team I am on is pretty much guaranteed to lose IE 12 greens and 2 purples VS 2 greens 13 reds oranges then I'm not going to even try and drag that abomination out any longer than needs be especially if I am running PRs and to be totally honest in that situation where there is a good time limited mission on I will just yolo right out of the gate to get to the next game rather than waste the most valuable resource there is "time" on such a farce, when the MM is the same in my favour same thing

So personally where at my current level knowing who is better, who isn't and how the teams match up is quite important for a number of reasons I like using it, in 3,4 or more years when its not so important I might not be bothered about it

And that would be the wrong way to use it.

By doing that, you are throwing away any chance you would have had to influence the game.

you are not going to improve that way.

It's not uncommon to see the "better" team lose by being too confident and making mistakes,  by dying early, you leave a diminished team behind to try and sort out your mess

Mike_Mckay #34 Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20329 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostBaldrickk, on 12 September 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

And that would be the wrong way to use it.

By doing that, you are throwing away any chance you would have had to influence the game.

you are not going to improve that way.

It's not uncommon to see the "better" team lose by being too confident and making mistakes,  by dying early, you leave a diminished team behind to try and sort out your mess

Yeah, in 2 purples and 12 greens vs 2 greens I reduced our odds of winning from zero to, uhm zero.....big difference lol

I think you have been watching too many Disney films and Hollywood nonsense and its addled your brain :)

And I disagree about the "improving" comment too, I am not going to "improve" by wasting time on a foregone conclusion roflstomp, that SAME time is much better spent in the next game where we at least have a fighting chance and my "engagement" wont consist of 10 enemy tanks all steamrollering me at the same time lasting about 2 seconds of that entire game

Zodiac1960s #35 Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38463 battles
  • [VOMIT] VOMIT

I feel I have no choice in this myself if I wanna stay competitive. Do not pretend that people don't use it to know what to,expect from a player. If you want to win you better take out the largest threats.

I find it much easier to kill a "noob" in a Maus than a unicorn in a T10. That's not my opinion, but a fact.

That said, I wish it would dissappear from the game. It only create madness and people with low self-esteem open new accounts etc. 

Edited by Blind_Hate, 12 September 2017 - 07:42 PM.

Spurtung #36 Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63618 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostDeltaOperator, on 12 September 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

View PostSpurtung, on 12 September 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

Oh, it's their choice, is it? To install it or not? That's nice.

I wonder where my option is then, as a non XVM user, to not have my stats in display to those making such altruistic choice...

And I'm very sure you did all that, and you'd also keep all the information in your pretty head so you could use it while in battle. I'm so very sure you did that. So sure.

How can i hide my statistics in World of Tanks from XVM users?
Statistics is always remains public. Any requests for hiding personal statistics will be rejected.

Source: http://www.modxvm.com/en/faq/

You don't have an option, XVM doesn't care about anyone wanting to hide their stats.

I already knew that, I know I don't have that option (that's why I brought it up) and that's why it's relevant: it gives an unfair advantage in battle and it breaches the fair play policy.

I don't care XVM doesn't care about it, but WG should, as they're not enforcing their own policy.

Spurtung #37 Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:10 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63618 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostMike_Mckay, on 12 September 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

The other reason I like it which is more useful now than it used to be is mismatched teams, if its obvious the team I am on is pretty much guaranteed to lose IE 12 greens and 2 purples VS 2 greens 13 reds oranges then I'm not going to even try and drag that abomination out any longer than needs be especially if I am running PRs and to be totally honest in that situation where there is a good time limited mission on I will just yolo right out of the gate to get to the next game rather than waste the most valuable resource there is "time" on such a farce, when the MM is the same in my favour same thing

You like it because of that? No wonder your WR is what it is and you attribute results to luck or match making or whatever. You're the first one bringing your teams down when pulling off that kind of crap.

PayMore #38 Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23152 battles
Xvm is nice when i play arty. Its helps to select esports players for greifing/targeting

Bordhaw #39 Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:43 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11536 battles

Block Quote

The possibility to hide the stats or the nickname is very complicated. We’re thinking about it, and maybe this will be something we’ll take into consideration among the allowed mods. This will only happen when the client is shut down for mods, which is in progress.

https://thearmoredpa...nk-day-2017-qa/

Edited by Bordhaw, 12 September 2017 - 10:43 PM.

Kartoshkaya #40 Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23531 battles
  • [5FPS] 5FPS

The only valid reasons to use xvm are:

For the garage things (item/crew switch)

To know who are the tomatos on your team. And only on your team.

Any other use of xvm is an error. Never thrust an ally because he is unicum. Never underestimate an ennemy because he is tomato.

Edited by Kartoshkaya, 13 September 2017 - 12:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users