Possible glitch with peeking over terrain?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Mike_Mckay #1 Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18720 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
I have been noticing lately a LOT of shots when I nudge my way over a rock, ridge or other terrain item hitting the terrain even though my entire aiming reticule is clear of the obstruction, it means I have to move way more out of cover than I "should" need to in order the for shot to actually go down field

Anyone else been noticing this?

Not sure if its only been on certain maps but I first noticed it on sand river peeking over dunes and on some rocks just in front of the large hill right centre where I had my entire reticule above the ridge to shoot at the river bed but three shots in a row never went down field but when I moved well above cover they did

Same too from several locations on the same map in multiple games and on a few other maps whose names I cant remember

HassenderZerhacker #2 Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 25520 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

yes, I have been noticing it too, and I play with 100% textures and rendering.

sometimes it seems as if your shots are meant to not hit.

Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 12 September 2017 - 06:55 PM.

Browarszky #3 Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:56 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15962 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
Yup. And no way can it be related to 'accuracy' because if the gun were bad enough to miss by a meter at a range of about 5 meters max, it would have place to be mounted on any fighting vehicle.

lord_chipmonk #4 Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33206 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostBrowarszky, on 12 September 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

Yup. And no way can it be related to 'accuracy' because if the gun were bad enough to miss by a meter at a range of about 5 meters max, it would have place to be mounted on any fighting vehicle.

Though the enaggement ranges in the game are far shorter than IRL. This also places greater importance on gun depression that for real life tanks. 

SuedKAT #5 Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:17 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Some places have some dodgy modeling, the train tracks on Proko is an example, they ain't destructible but you can shoot through them. My guess would be that the maps is modeled the same way the tanks hitboxes are, a lot of straight lines and sharp angles but very few smooth curves, then they just place the actual visual layer on top.

jack_timber #6 Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32405 battles
Yes have noticed this perhaps more so since recent update, especially in STRV 103b (best ridge poker I have) thought it was just me but maybe not.....

Mike_Mckay #7 Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18720 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostSuedKAT, on 12 September 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

Some places have some dodgy modeling, the train tracks on Proko is an example, they ain't destructible but you can shoot through them. My guess would be that the maps is modeled the same way the tanks hitboxes are, a lot of straight lines and sharp angles but very few smooth curves, then they just place the actual visual layer on top.

That's got a good chance

With hitting tanks its more reliable as you don't get the outline if the invisible cover is in the way, but its frutstrating as hell in a tank with a low ammo reserve when you want to clear some buildings to get a line of sight on a target and shot after shot vanishes into "nothing"

blacklupos #8 Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11457 battles
I thought it was because of my low graphic settings... Apparently just bad map modeling

Bordhaw #9 Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10827 battles

View PostMike_Mckay, on 12 September 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

I have been noticing lately a LOT of shots when I nudge my way over a rock, ridge or other terrain item hitting the terrain even though my entire aiming reticule is clear of the obstruction, it means I have to move way more out of cover than I "should" need to in order the for shot to actually go down field

Anyone else been noticing this?

Not sure if its only been on certain maps but I first noticed it on sand river peeking over dunes and on some rocks just in front of the large hill right centre where I had my entire reticule above the ridge to shoot at the river bed but three shots in a row never went down field but when I moved well above cover they did

Same too from several locations on the same map in multiple games and on a few other maps whose names I cant remember

Wait for new HD maps will be answer you get. 

Enforcer1975 #10 Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:43 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20515 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Yeah noticed that too that many shots not just mine hit the ridgeline. I also noticed shots that showed that i hit dirt but still hit the take i was aiming for. Everything on max just in case anyone asks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users