Which premium tank?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

DrakeDragon89 #1 Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10006 battles
  • [RUSS] RUSS
Okey people i know this theme is being asked before but now its different situation with this new premiums. So i wanted to play Soviets and i bought Churchill 3, and it prints credits on wins only, also there is god like xp bonus as well. I won T34-85m and its a beast if played properly. I have Japanese tiger(bought). Its okey tank, cant earn that much. Also have Matilda BP and tank rocks, can earn too. So what i gather from multiple premiums is that when i die early i can just jump in new premium and save a LOT of time, also maximize credit income. My premium is expired and now i see real benefits of premium account. You see i dont see much of difference on wins with low tier premiums but on loses i see MASSIVE difference. Instead of 18k credits i get only 8k credits. So yeah premium is a must. That is if you dont want to play like 6h and get 400k credits :( I have couple of tier 9 researched and they cost alot. So from what i saw is that i will need much more credits. Now im not rich but im ready to invest in some tier 8 premiums. I was watching many replays on wotreplays and saw that ALL premiums in hands of AVARGE players are good only in tier 8,9 not in tier 10. So im kinda thinking of premiums that have PMM. Now that in mind what premiums are good considering that i love T34-85M gameplay style(which is not boring at all...), i also like brawlers, i had is6 on wot blitz and it was a beast. Here its a joke from what i saw, a real joke. I just cant believe it. I mean in blitz you just side scraped and voila credits galore. Here you get rekt by tier 6 tanks... So i was looking and i like 112, had the armor but not the pen. So any recommendations? 

Edited by DrakeDragon89, 13 September 2017 - 09:05 AM.

UrQuan #2 Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:23 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19399 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Note regarding pref T8 tanks: in the current matchmaking they are harder to play, as they see alot of T8 & T9 & they have low pen generally, not a good combo. Hence they will have to spend a good part of their shots on prem ammo to be effective, hence earning credits is not really feasible with T8 pref MM tanks tbh.

Also keep in mind, if you buy a prem tank for creditmaking, look for these characteristics:

- High pen (easier to do damage -> more credits as every shell that doesn't do damage costs credits)

- Damage (more damage per shot -> more credits )

- Gun handling (got to hit your targets to be able to pen & do damage)

Last note, T8 prems are only credit-printing machines if you are familiar with the gameplay of those tiers (currently, T8 MM is a bit boned as it sees alot of TX & T9 games)

In my opinion, Lowe is among the better T8 prem tanks for credits, as it has high pen, good gun handling (but no high damage) & can hulldown rather well to minimize incoming damage.

I'm sure others can propose good tanks for credits as well

Edited by UrQuan, 13 September 2017 - 09:31 AM.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64359 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Tier 8 prems with limited MM like the Is-6 and 112 etc suffer badly atm. 175 pen is not ideal. Nor is the 219 gold pen on the IS-6. It don't get a 2nd gun option like it did on Blitz with more pen. And pure tier 8 games where you can't pen most of the common HT's there like the VK 100.01 or the Defender etc is no fun. So wait to get those when they have announced what they will buff on them.

I personally use the Lowe and T26E4 for income still. Lowe is great after the recent buffs. But not an "in your face brawler". But great for holding a corner due to the turret and rear armor. T26E4 has dirt cheap ammo, and a fair decent pen. And still works, but mobility is a tad low on some maps.

View PostDrakeDragon89, on 13 September 2017 - 09:03 AM, said:

also like brawlers

Not many of those in the tech tree for gold etc. T34 has pen, but fairly low DPM, and the hull armor is not that strong in the open. IS-6 is, but lacks pen, same with the 112. FCM is a medium heavy more then a brawler. If you really want that, you could hold off until the T26E5 or M4 Mle 49 comes on sale again.

View PostDrakeDragon89, on 13 September 2017 - 09:03 AM, said:

T34-85M gameplay style(which is not boring at all...)

The thing about the T-34-85M is that it's more or less as mobile as it's two counterparts. And has a bit of extra armor and more DPM. Maybe the M4A1 Rev might be your thing. High Alpha, great gun handling, fairly decent mobility. Or the recently buffed T-54 mod 1, that got a fairly strong turret armor buff just now. Sadly no CT test up yet so you can test them for free. But that's not long off should we go by the release schedule. So you can hold off for a week or so, and then go on CT and try them for free. And pick the one you like. But 90% there spams gold ammo. So not an ideal testing ground.

Mike_Mckay #4 Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:52 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18724 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

You might consider the super pershing, its got forgiving armour not bad pen since it was buffed and apart from being a bit slow its reasonable option

Lowe and T34 do pretty well in terms of silver but theyre pricey

The MV10 is supposed to be pretty good now its been buffed and if I remember correctly the FCM 50 and revalorwotsitsface are both good earners

If you hit google you should find a list of tanks ranked based on their silver earnings

Shame you missed out on the berlin tanks being on sale again too, if one of them suited your playstyle they came with a 0skill BIA crew which you could have turned into 5 commanders with some gold

DrakeDragon89 #5 Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10006 battles
  • [RUSS] RUSS

Well in blitz i remember playing T34-85 hull down all the time and it worked, but with gold spam when i have to. So this is how i play M version and it rocks. So i liked lowe in blitz but there it has lower armor with same turret, and there it got rof 6! Here only 5. So you see i hate low dpm. Is6 got new gun with more penetration but rof was nerfed to 4, something. So dpm was lower but i was able to pen is3 defenders at least. And SP has that annoying rof weak spot. I simply dont know how to hide it... When do you think these new premiums are getting back?

Also may i ask how much credits you get with tier 8 premium if you lose/win standard/premium with 2k dmg?

Edited by DrakeDragon89, 13 September 2017 - 11:33 AM.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:37 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64359 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostDrakeDragon89, on 13 September 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

Well in blitz i remember playing T34-85 hull down all the time and it worked, but with gold spam when i have to. So this is how i play M version and it rocks. So i liked lowe in blitz but there it has lower armor with same turret, and there it got rof 6! Here only 5. So you see i hate low dpm. Is6 got new gun with more penetration but rof was nerfed to 4, something. So dpm was lower but i was able to pen is3 defenders at least. And SP has that annoying rof weak spot. I simply dont know how to hide it... When do you think these new premiums are getting back?

What you gotta remember is that Blitz is balanced for 7 vs 7, not 15 vs 15. Tanks there also has way more HP. And thus just about every gun have more alpha and pen etc, and some tanks even have more armor. So how it plays in blitz, won't always reflect in the PC version. And I like the SP since it's cheap as chips to run. And that roof spot only gets bullied on HT lines. If you push the medium line. It's not the spot most go for. But as I said, common test is up soon. So if you wait a week or so. They might announce a date for it. So you can try the tier 8 premiums in the tech tree for free before you buy them.

As for the other premiums coming back? Who knows. Some of them like the Skoprion and M4 Mle 49 have been up rather often. So I won't be surprised if they appear again once or twice before the Xmas sales.

Edited by Balc0ra, 13 September 2017 - 11:41 AM.

arthurwellsley #7 Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51268 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

I would suggest to the OP that rather than buying a tier VIII premium, you use the same amount of money to buy half a year of premium account. During that period of time, the premium account will earn you more silver than a single tier VIII premium tank.

As others above have said, none of the tier VIII's really met all your criteria. However, the closest to it, and a decent earner is the Lowe.

DrakeDragon89 #8 Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10006 battles
  • [RUSS] RUSS
Well i tend to earn around 30k per game with tier 5 premium. Same with tier 6 premium. On a good game that can go up to 40k, and on M games 50k. So that is what i ask. Like if you do say 2k of dmg how much do you get per game in tier 8 premium? Is it earning for average player worth it? Some numbers pls? I saw QB videos but im not on that level like majority of us isnt.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64359 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

2K with premium? About 50 to 60K after repairs give or take. I say give or take. As you gotta remember that 50% of the credits is lost of you do damage on others spotting, vs your own spotting. So if you do 2K damage in a support role in a tier X game, vs up front as top tier etc. It might differ. That and some tanks cost more to run then others. Lowe is pricey on repairs and ammo vs say a tier 8 prem med. SP and CDC shells cost like 255 cred each, not over 1030 each like on the Lowe. So end profit might be less on some. Even more so if you do zero damage on a few shots on the Lowe.

Tier 7 prem are way cheaper to run, but there you need like 3K damage to get 65K ish profit after repairs and ammo with a premium account. I did 3300 on my E25 a few hours ago. And got 70K after repairs and ammo. So thus I tend to play my E25 more vs tier 8 prems at times. As it cost like 1K to repair, and shells are 109 credits each.

Edited by Balc0ra, 13 September 2017 - 02:26 PM.

Aikl #10 Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Indeed; the earning potential of lower-tier premiums are often understated, and for many actually a superior option if they are able to get relatively better results at T5-7 than at T8 (which probably is the case for dang-near anyone given the matchmaking for T8 nowadays). It also helps that many lower-tier prems are actually fun to play, as opposed to camping in a bush all game.

I'd wait for a discount on the VK4503 or Panther/M10. Both have large HP pools and good gun handling. VK4503 doesn't really need APCR to function, P./M10 has incredible gun handling for a T7 medium and doesn't see T9s. You're not top-tier a whole lot, but since 3-5-7 is the preferred pattern you can expect to only see three T8s (worst-case you get a 5-10 pattern match as bottom-tier, which is still kind of allright). They're also very cheap to run.

Edited by Aikl, 13 September 2017 - 02:55 PM.

Phobos4321 #11 Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:32 PM

General

• Player
  • 43088 battles

out of my preiumtanks i would consider the löwe as the main money maker simply because it got some armor to work with and enough pen. to mostly only shoot AP (in all my löwe game i never shot a premium round) and if your pen. isnt enough you should have the accuracy to got for weakspots

and every ap shell you make count is 3k more for you compared to firing a premiumround

so you might want to look out for high pen. premium tanks since it might save you the premium ammo

highest pen. should be found on the S1 with i believe 288 pen.  thought its fragile and got the siege mode but if you could handle that work with its camo it should do well

T34 got a serious punch and might work hulldown

ravioli is all about its gun  but its hull is that of a T6 tank

if you use the normal 2-3 iterations of the testserver you could at least testdrive 2-3 of these premiums to see if they work for you

Asghaad #12 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:04 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 13273 battles
  • [PPDCZ] PPDCZ

1. premium matchmaking is HANDICAP right now - yes you dont see T10s but you are fighting with tier seven guns against tier 9 anyway which means you are helpless against them, normal MM premium might see T10s abut theyr guns can actually do something against T10s (most of the time)

2. forget about old premiums, they are powercreeped to hell and not competitive at all

3. for credit grinding its also important to mind shell and repair costs - for example British FV4202 pays same price for its low alphadamage shell as lets say 252U for its 440 alpha monster shell

4. right now for pure credit grind i would recommend getting either Lorraine40t (requires skill and experience to do really well in it though), M4A1 Revalorise (big alpha, cheap shells so it just prints credits, pen is a bit low and its T5 sherman with big gun 3 tiers higher), Object 252U (alias overpowered tier 9 heavy on tier 8 ...), T26E5 (decent all rounder), or WZ-120-1G FT (basically O252 like gun with 8 second reload on casemate stealthy TD with great mobility and somewhat usable armor)

any other T8 prem will either be weaker than these, be completely obsolete and waste of money or have prohibitive operational costs (too much gold ammo required, too expensive shells or require premium consumables)

5, do realize that to do good in creditgrinding tank you also need to understand its playstyle, have propper equipment on it and CREW and proper crew skills which makes a big difference too - id advise to buy tank in class and nation you plan to play and then get girl crew from personal mission ASAP (or any zero skill BiA crew from Berlin quartet or similar premium offer - which kinda is not accesible to you so ...)

PS i do realize not all of the tanks i recomended are available right now, they will be on holyday sales most probably though, so it might pay off to wait for T26E5 or O252U if you plan on playing mostly heavies (though i HOPE they will never ever sell 252 again ...)

DrakeDragon89 #13 Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10006 battles
  • [RUSS] RUSS
Well thx for this detailed analysis. So i am waiting for obj 252 or liberte, patriot or even scorpion. I want turret :) But its a shame for is6 cause im little nostalgic for that seal clubing tank in wotb :D

Asghaad #14 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 13273 battles
  • [PPDCZ] PPDCZ

View PostDrakeDragon89, on 13 September 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

Well thx for this detailed analysis. So i am waiting for obj 252 or liberte, patriot or even scorpion. I want turret :) But its a shame for is6 cause im little nostalgic for that seal clubing tank in wotb :D

if its between those then 252 for sure, as i sayd its blatantly overpowered and only thing that keeps it from being too obvious pay to win is current T8 matchmaking meta throwing T8s as cannon fodder for T10s.

RamRaid90 #15 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:17 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20566 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 September 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

What you gotta remember is that Blitz is balanced for 7 vs 7, not 15 vs 15. Tanks there also has way more HP. And thus just about every gun have more alpha and pen etc, and some tanks even have more armor.

And the players, unbelieveably, are worse. Way worse, than on here.

Phobos4321 #16 Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:41 PM

General

• Player
  • 43088 battles

View PostDrakeDragon89, on 13 September 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

carefull scorpion isnt skorpion   and i doubt you would want to have the us T7 td ...

DrakeDragon89 #17 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10006 battles
  • [RUSS] RUSS

Well i was browsing different premium shops and guess what, asia region has liberte and patriot in shop, like permanently...wtf? Then all other regions have much better bundles that i would buy immediately... like 50x 50% credit boosters on na region... wtf is wrong with you Wg, i guess they dont want eu money... and the thing is this is so unprofessional...

I want:

- Credit boosters bundles

- More new tanks to buy, NOT TO WAIT WHOLE YEAR for them to come and by that time to lose my interest in WHOLE game

- Exp boosters bundles

So work on that WG....

Edited by DrakeDragon89, 14 September 2017 - 01:47 PM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #18 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:52 PM

General

• Player
  • 24310 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK

View Postarthurwellsley, on 13 September 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

I would suggest to the OP that rather than buying a tier VIII premium, you use the same amount of money to buy half a year of premium account. During that period of time, the premium account will earn you more silver than a single tier VIII premium tank.

As others above have said, none of the tier VIII's really met all your criteria. However, the closest to it, and a decent earner is the Lowe.

A good idea and I actually agree with the suggestion but for different reasons however the premium tank will last a lot longer ( potentially) and would over time earn more I think.

DrakeDragon89 #19 Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10006 battles
  • [RUSS] RUSS
Well i want Jagtiger 8.8 which i like. But hey lets wait whole year... And also i liked Japanese tiger and bought it, and still love it :P

Long_Range_Sniper #20 Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:09 PM

General

• Player
  • 30555 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostMike_Mckay, on 13 September 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

You might consider the super pershing, its got forgiving armour not bad pen since it was buffed and apart from being a bit slow its reasonable option

Lowe and T34 do pretty well in terms of silver but theyre pricey

The MV10 is supposed to be pretty good now its been buffed and if I remember correctly the FCM 50 and revalorwotsitsface are both good earners

If you hit google you should find a list of tanks ranked based on their silver earnings

Shame you missed out on the berlin tanks being on sale again too, if one of them suited your playstyle they came with a 0skill BIA crew which you could have turned into 5 commanders with some gold

I'd totally disregard most of the above as those tanks don't seem to match your garage/lines/crews. You've already got the Jap Tiger so that's it for that line.

The other lines you mention are Russian and British medium tanks.

You may have to wait a bit but you can't go wrong with the Berlin tanks when they come out again. The Rudy and Bromwell would fit into those lines and you get the new crews as well.

If you're using the Matilda BP then you've got a British crew to train. So I'm guessing maybe a Cromwell or Comet crew (which are both good tanks).

You could buy the unloved FV 4202 which is due to get another buff on the next update so you get a tier 8, then get the Bromwell and you've got three British premium medium tanks that aren't expensive and you can use two crews to flick between them and gain credits faster.

There's also the odd chance that WG release the Sentinel (which only Bulldog Drummond likes) and the AC 4 Exp as well.

For the Russian line you've already got the T34-85M, and it's marginally better than the Rudy, so that's a little harder to advise upon unless you want the crew as well. 

For the Russian heavy line, again you might have to wait for the Berlin tanks again, or pick up some of the specials when they come out. 

KV-220 is a fair and balanced tank......:trollface:

Edited by Long_Range_Sniper, 14 September 2017 - 05:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users