real time strategy mode. to be added

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Wall_of_Steel #1 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:23 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 27937 battles
  • [BBROS] BBROS

I have an idea. That i think would be nice.

To add Real time strategy mode for players. where one player could coordinate with multiple vehicles from its garage.

something like C&C. For example on existing map there are number of points that player can have. Every tier and vehicle would hold certain amount of points. So player can choose few higher tier vehicles. or more vehicles of lower tier. Its players choice of chosen strategy vehicles types as amount of points is satisfied. And it can only be played with vehicles that player already have in garage in normal "WOT". So it would be advanced mode for players that already have multiple type of vehicles. matchmaking can also be  added.

Just interesting idea, so players who have a lot of tanks researched, and many of them not played for a while in normal mod, can play multiple vehicles in RTS mod. it would be interesting to manipulate with multiple of them and using micro management and grouping units or separating them. like in "real time strategy game" type of game.

There is not much limits. Maps existing )Al of them including dragon ridge), vehicle model exist already. only game-play engine. And it would be interesting and addictive. so you have to achieve certain tanks in regular battleground if you want to play 1v1 RTS mod. i believe it could be done with not much efforts and it will give new dimension to game.

Edited by Wall_of_Steel, 14 September 2017 - 01:36 AM.

Mike_Mckay #2 Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16656 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
Isnt this a bit like taking basketball and creating a version that's almost identical to downhill bobsledding?

If you want to play C&C you can get the entire collection for about £20 on steam

Jigabachi #3 Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17746 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Turning WoT into a RTS?
Why?

Wall_of_Steel #4 Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:03 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 27937 battles
  • [BBROS] BBROS

Well. Wot is one of most complete game. It combines FPS, MMO, Strategy(if u play clan or team battles). And i thought it would be nice to implement such mod.

-  C&C serial died. Its old game and no players active or technical support. I bet that there is plenty "WOT" players who enjoined in "RTS" genre once.

- There is no such RTS with so many nicely designed model of existing tanks.

- There are players owning  many researched vehicles that are sitting in garage for months or years just because they don't have time to play them all in short unit of time after theirs daily obligations.

- Implementing that mod "WG" will attract more people, which once liked and enjoied in some RTS.

- One of most famous MMORPG saw its rise from RTS type of game we all know name of that game. WOT could do the opposite, rising RTS from MOBA or MMO.

- RTS mod is like made for WOT. Coordinating multiple tank vehicles, (Coordinating your favorite "Arty", positioning on some hill, with auto fire activated  your favorite "tank destroyer", while you coordinate  assault with one heavy and two mediums). I would play that.

- Everyone will be able to try it out with low tier vehicles.

- it would be nice to officially look at maps and vehicles from bird perspective :D

- WOT will resurrect one of most famous game genre. Once when MMORPG type of games was not even in plan. multiplayer games was just Strategy, RTS (Age of empirest, red alert...) or FPS (Doom, Quake), or racing game types(need for speed) sport games not included,

- WOT already implemented football mod, or Racing mod during some events.  FOOTBALL.!! mode.  In war Game there is football! what a nonsense i thought. And this my idea to bring RTS mode in "WAR GAME"

"I have no idea what you are talking about.
Turning WoT into a RTS?
Why?"

I was always more RTS type of person. Now i found myself that i end up playing more and more WOT-s fps side, Because i don't have enough time for organizing and team speak with multiple clan mates, and even some smaller clans have problems of organizing people to play "Strategy side of "WOT"  in evenings, because if you want to experience strategy and coordination side, you are dependent of many other people, which each have different real life obligations.

Its just interesting idea that is not so unreal and impossible to do.

Edited by Wall_of_Steel, 14 September 2017 - 11:29 AM.

Yakito #5 Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18027 battles
People whine about every new game mode that wg has ever made. Imagine wg spending 2 years making RTS and get it shafted by the whiners

Besides, I can't imagine it would be interesting. I dont like RTS myself so...

AliceUnchained #6 Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:22 AM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostWall_of_Steel, on 14 September 2017 - 01:23 AM, said:

There is not much limits. Maps existing )Al of them including dragon ridge), vehicle model exist already. only game-play engine

View PostWall_of_Steel, on 14 September 2017 - 01:23 AM, said:

i believe it could be done with not much efforts and it will give new dimension to game.

What you believe holds no value whatsoever. And it would seem what you believe is based on a complete and utter lack of knowledge and understanding of what it is you're suggesting. If you want RTS, then go play an RTS game ffs. 

Dear Wargaming, I have a very simple suggestion: Please change the entire game (concept) into something else. Seriously...

Edited by AliceUnchained, 14 September 2017 - 11:22 AM.

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #7 Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:27 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 14846 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
qpranger liked your post, so apparently a bad idea. 

Wall_of_Steel #8 Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 27937 battles
  • [BBROS] BBROS

Well ok i started this topic as idea and possibility,

if taken a bit seriously and figuring out, how, what, how many tanks, what tanks and tiers.

. idea need further development if general supported by players

That if have support could bring us most potent and advanced RTS ever with physics nice models and everything.

And it would only be Mod. in existing game.

Edited by Wall_of_Steel, 14 September 2017 - 11:53 AM.

Spurtung #9 Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60054 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
I have an idea: turn WoT into C&C because reasons. hurrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Wall_of_Steel #10 Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:14 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 27937 battles
  • [BBROS] BBROS

View PostSpurtung, on 14 September 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

C&C is not only RTS  game.. and MMORPG game exist now and were deweloped thaks to RTS game mod .. only "mode". called "dota". i was witness. Whi WG could not be first in the world to doo the oposite.

laulaur #11 Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46450 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

Jigabachi #12 Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17746 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
You still fail to explain that "mod", still no idea how it would work.
But given the part where you claim it to be doable with little effort, I doubt that you wasted more than 10 seconds to think about it before starting this thread...

Lord_Edge #13 Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5757 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 14 September 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

Not having ago at you, but if everyone had that attitude then the guy who suggested making an MMORPG out of the Warcraft RTS would have been laughed out of the building, and his idea resulted in the most successful game of all time.

Personally I think there's a huge gap in the market for a WW1/2/Cold war RTS game to fill, and if WG could fill that gap without taking too many resources from WoT then they can take my damn money right now.

Ceeb #14 Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:26 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30073 battles

View PostYakito, on 14 September 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

People whine about every new game mode that wg has ever made. Imagine wg spending 2 years making RTS and get it shafted by the whiners

Besides, I can't imagine it would be interesting. I dont like RTS myself so...

I think they are used to the shafting. 

Bennyboymothman #15 Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18999 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
Just play Order of War. It was made by Wargaming back in 2007 and was fantastic. I've got it on steam and still play it from time to time.

jabster #16 Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostUbersonic, on 14 September 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

Not having ago at you, but if everyone had that attitude then the guy who suggested making an MMORPG out of the Warcraft RTS would have been laughed out of the building, and his idea resulted in the most successful game of all time.

Personally I think there's a huge gap in the market for a WW1/2/Cold war RTS game to fill, and if WG could fill that gap without taking too many resources from WoT then they can take my damn money right now.

Well there is Steel Division Normandy 44 which fills one of those gaps.

Mimos_A #17 Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21259 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
I think you should try men of War assault squad to get your fix.

Wall_of_Steel #18 Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 27937 battles
  • [BBROS] BBROS

View PostJigabachi, on 14 September 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

You still fail to explain that "mod", still no idea how it would work.
But given the part where you claim it to be doable with little effort, I doubt that you wasted more than 10 seconds to think about it before starting this thread...

To be honest i had just idea that is first time born  few days ago when after nearly decade i installed again "C&C tiberian wars" and found dout how bad support is.... Whi would i alone think how that idea can be processed. i posted topic and suggestions, conversations and everything could be done bay many peoples and brains.

Bora_BOOM #19 Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 20173 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

This Forum also has a game mode:

1. You look at the topic title.

2. (optional) You could use a "Hint" (read the post) but real players do not use hints

3. Guess the posters winrate.

I am close to become unica now. :trollface:

Edit: mind you, there are spoilers so don’t look at the likes. qpranger, darn you

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 14 September 2017 - 12:45 PM.

Wall_of_Steel #20 Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:45 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 27937 battles
  • [BBROS] BBROS

View PostMimos_A, on 14 September 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

I think you should try men of War assault squad to get your fix.

Well This is already big name.. record holder.. i personally first time herae for "men of war". I am person that connect with one game an holds that game, not changing multiple and every game released. This game already have large publicity. and market.

Edited by Wall_of_Steel, 15 September 2017 - 12:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users