How bad is the fv215b line?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

scorpiontank1 #1 Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26325 battles
  • [ARG] ARG

Iv been always skeptical about this line , for me it seemed to be one of the worst grinds , just FYI I already have the 183 so Iv already gone through horrid lines much like this one 

But I want to see how you guys went through the grind of the conquer , because the tier 9 of this line isn't bad at all so our only focus is on tier 5-8 , I think they are horrible tanks , should I free xp ? If yes ,what tank I should free xp ? 

And what's ur general opinion ? 

Edited by scorpiontank1, 14 September 2017 - 08:40 AM.

Ceeb #2 Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:40 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30079 battles

I'm on the Churchill VII. 

I hate it.  don't think I'll be grinding this line.... i haven't the temperament, 

I would love the Tier 9 tho. I feel that would suit me. 

happyal #3 Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:47 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10306 battles
  • [95TH] 95TH

Black Prince is hard to get working. The gun is a medium gun, it's slow, turns like a battleship and the armour isn't that great either.

I've been stuck on it for about 3 years and just can't seem to be motivated to try it again.

I didn't mind the Churchills too much but they are not great either.

uglycousin #4 Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:51 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43179 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

The Churchills were terrible for me... don`t want to remember that grind.

Black Prince is a very slow moving block of metal. 20km/h. The amor works like a charm against low tiers, not so much against high tiers. After the Churchills, it felt quite ok. But not that great.

Caernarvon is a decent tank, and will get even better if it gets buffed like they promised. If they buff it like they said, it will be similar to the Patriot. :)

Conqueror is great. Best tank in that line. Definitely a keeper. :)

Good luck.

Edited by uglycousin, 14 September 2017 - 08:52 AM.

jack_timber #5 Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32373 battles

I got to the Black Prince, eventually, bouncy turret but not much else going for it....

It now sits in garage gathering dust. 

Might just take it out again as just had a look at stats see I actually got the spotters achievement:)

CaravanOfCourage #6 Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47188 battles

I skipped to BP. I didn't like it and didn't do so well in it damage wise but still managed to win 54 battles from 77. Its just too slow for me to find fun. armor is decent enough vs lower tier and some same. Turret can be relied on and can bounce anything it meets in the right spots. I enjoyed the Caern despite most people hating it. I don't mind the lower alpha gun and it has good aim time and accuracy.

Conquer was a very nice heavy to play. reasonable mobility and great gun. tier for tier I found it better than FV

Steeltank141 #7 Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17231 battles
  • [4STAR] 4STAR
That line is fecking horrible. I left the grind on the churchill VII. I always finish a line that i start sooner or later but that one made me wanna jump out of the window. 

cro001 #8 Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28764 battles
Let's just say that between elite Matilda and completely unlocked Conqueror there isn't a single good tank.

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #9 Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:03 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 15156 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

It's actually the first line I really went for. I didn't find it that hard, but maybe it helped that I didn't have much to compare to.

Matilda I loved.

Churchill 1 was hard work, but I was able to make it work

Churchill 7 was hardest to me. The armour was more reliable than the 1, but the gun was really underperforming

BP was pretty good. I can actually make it's armour work quite well.

Caernarvon was initially tough, especially since it's a complete different tank than the previous ones, but I came to like it.

Conqueror is a beast.

FV215b I'm still getting used to. I try sometimes to sidescrape, but if you show a little bit too much of your side, every other t10 tank is gonna penetrate anyway in your side. 

One of the more annoying things with the t4 to t7 tanks is the fact that they're so slow. It happens often enough that either your team is already dead before you arrive, or your team steamrolls ahead of you, leaving you with hardly any action. 

leggasiini #10 Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:04 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12286 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Very bad between Matilda and elited Conqueror.

• Churchill I - workable, but still one of the worst tier 5 HTs
  • Churchill VII - armor is full of holes, has no depression, gun is terrible and is slow as shit, yeah you can imagine how good it is
  • Black Prince - has bit more workable armor but the gun is even worse tier-for-tier than churchill VII, still slow as shit
  • Caernarvon - ammorackammorackammorackammorack, also the gun has 50% worse alpha than any other tier 8 HT yet it still has sub-par DPM. Its too slow to be medium or heavium and it has too bad armor for a heavy.

Edited by leggasiini, 14 September 2017 - 09:07 AM.

NervosCuNervii #11 Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21833 battles
  • [D57T] D57T

I finished the Churchill 1 grind about 3 years ago. It's a good tank with decent pen and armor.

I've reached Churchill 7 and got it elite about 3 years ago too. I've rage sold it after a game on South Coast when I couldn't shoot a tank in front of me due to no gun depression and had to turn sideways, while standing on a road between the South hills (if anyone remembers the map). One year later I've rebought it and finished the grind. Terrible, terrible tank.
The Black Prince was bought and played in the summer of 2016 and the HD remodel made it Swiss cheese. If the enemy hits the cheese, it gets absorbed but if it his the holes, you're done for. Terrible gun for tier 7 and poor DPM on top of that. I was literally slinging premium shells from the get go.
The Caernavorn was played somewhere around October last year and it was a blast. I really enjoyed it! The rate of fire and playing it like a medium did the trick for me. The good pen, good rate of fire, good gun depression and good engine power made it an okay experience for me.
Currently I'm on the Conqueror, stock. Still making courage before I take it out for a spin. :teethhappy:

Dr_ownape #12 Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:18 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 41848 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
I was blessed with complete ignorance when i ground to the conq, tthank god because i wouldn't do it now

arthurwellsley #13 Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:24 AM

Major

• Player
  • 51254 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Matilda  = decent, Conqueror, once elited = very nice;

• Churchill I - workable, but still one of the worst tier 5 HTs
  • Churchill VII - OK ish
  • Black Prince - just about OK
  • Caernarvon - I didn't really enjoy it and was glad to sell it.

Zodiac1960s #14 Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37161 battles
  • [VOMIT] VOMIT
If you wait for the next patch the grind will be better though..  XD

MR_FIAT #15 Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18904 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_

Medium II - Bad

Medium III - Good little pedding machine

Matilda - very good

Churchill 1 - Its terrible but i have a softspot for it and have 3 MoE on it

Churchill 7 - same as churchill 1

Black Prince - utter utter shite 

Caernarvon - decent ridgeline tenk but tragic dpm

Conqueror - EPIC!!! 

Phobos4321 #16 Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:30 AM

General

• Player
  • 43082 battles

i dont really had much trouble with that line

ok t5 and 6 might be a bit slow but at least there are no copulas andthey are noob traps if the  go for your hull instead of your turret  - steelwall incoming

BP was kinda extreme  half of the game it felt like gaining a steelwall the other half felt like not bouncing a single shell  though i did it years ago so weakspot knowledge might have spread a bit further also we have quite some powercreep premiums

caern was kinda ok

conq. is a keeper for me thought its a hard way until topgun and before it doesnt shine

and i like the 215b too thought you hardly can play it as a heavy

Lomion_EU #17 Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35415 battles
  • [CSW] CSW

View Postuglycousin, on 14 September 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

Caernarvon is a decent tank, and will get even better if it gets buffed like they promised. If they buff it like they said, it will be similar to the Patriot. :)

HOwever, if you're only going up the line to get the "free" tier X before patch 9.20.1 hits then you'll need to play the existing model.  If you play it like a large Centurion, then you really can't go wrong. It plays much more like a medium tank than a heavy and its armour won't hold up against tier 10.

uglycousin #18 Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:42 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43179 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostLomion_EU, on 14 September 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

HOwever, if you're only going up the line to get the "free" tier X before patch 9.20.1 hits then you'll need to play the existing model.  If you play it like a large Centurion, then you really can't go wrong. It plays much more like a medium tank than a heavy and its armour won't hold up against tier 10.

I played mine more like a medium, and it was ok. I had fun in it. :)

Hammerhead20 #19 Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:45 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25370 battles

I really wanted to have Conqueror, but I stopped at tier V Churchill heavy tank.

It was probably one of the worst grinds I've ever experienced in this game...

NEVER AGAIN!

Dammonar #20 Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51888 battles

Churchill 1 is OK mainly because its requent to get an easy matchup.

Churchill 7 is a turd on tracks  I grinded it with late hour drunk hami company batles, currently its unplayable against t34-85m and god forbid fighting tier 7. Its one of the few tanks that is terrible at everything, firepower , mobility, armor you name it.. one of the worst tanks i ve ever played.

BP  has workable turret and can sidescrape well, however the gun and the mobility are godawful, its better than the previous but still subpar.

caernarvon : Can't say much about it as I grinded it in company battles waaayy back in 2013 where it didnt have to fight pay 2 win tanks. Needless to say it had its niche it was a ridgeline sniper and unlike t32 it actually hit things. Nwadays it is hopeless against pay 2 win tier 8s especially against defenders that can rape your turret with gold.

Conquerror: One of the best tanks in game, It has alright mobility good turret armor and a gun that puts most tier 10 guns to shame, it also has VERY powerful apcr shells with 327 pen and very competiive HE also. A true keeper and a reason to bother with this line.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users