Making the game pay - how how how?

Credits -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

TheChuffer #1 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31669 battles
Please, please, please can somebody tell me how you make the game work in terms of credits these days, I am at a loss. Been playing for years now and still love the game (despite the lack of maps), in the past I could always make the game pay and had plenty of credits. More recently and even with a prem account, I am losing ground fast, had to sell tanks and not play certain ones I would like. I simply cannot make the game work for me now, I do NOT fire prem rounds, I do not Auto repair, I do not just fire for the sake of it. I cannot upgrade now or buy parts, I simply am getting to the stage where I cannot play and repair without selling more hard earned tanks. Please help!

laulaur #2 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46460 battles
  • [-WBZ] -WBZ

1. Do not play too much tier 9 and 10, you are not very good at them and the game is designed to have high tiers expensive to play.

2. Play more with your premium tanks. Selling a tank just to fuel your play with another is never a good idea, as you get back only 50% of credits back.

3. Get in a clan that does Stronghold battles - skirmishes and offensives. You can benefit from credit boosters activated for the members of that clan.

4. Try to improve you damage/battle ratio - if you do more damage (or spot more) you get more credits.

Baldrickk #3 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29503 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostTheChuffer, on 14 September 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

Please, please, please can somebody tell me how you make the game work in terms of credits these days, I am at a loss. Been playing for years now and still love the game (despite the lack of maps), in the past I could always make the game pay and had plenty of credits. More recently and even with a prem account, I am losing ground fast, had to sell tanks and not play certain ones I would like. I simply cannot make the game work for me now, I do NOT fire prem rounds, I do not Auto repair, I do not just fire for the sake of it. I cannot upgrade now or buy parts, I simply am getting to the stage where I cannot play and repair without selling more hard earned tanks. Please help!

I'm sorry for this, but the answer is a simple one:

Play better.

Credit income comes, almost entirely from damage dealt, and of course credits are spent on consumables, ammo and repairs.

You need to be doing enough damage that the income from those shells (minus the shell cost) is enough to cover all the missed shells and damage that you take.

There isn't another way to make money. 

It varies a bit with different tanks, the Centurion is much more expensive to run, for example than the IS-3. Why? Because the shell cost/shell damage value is 3x higher.

You may as well turn the auto-repair back on. Your tanks need to be in runnable state to drive them.

I was playing only the Conqueror last night, and despite some really bad games leading to large cresid losses (horray for 3 arty on an open map all aiming at me) I broke even in the end. Why? Because I was averaging a decent, but not stellar performance, so the good battles paid for the bad ones.  (No prem account btw)

Edited by Baldrickk, 14 September 2017 - 01:31 PM.

Kozzy #4 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

Do more damage, play less expensive tanks/tiers, use fewer premium rounds/consumables.  Play those free T6 premium tanks we were all recently given - just play 3-4 games in these tanks for every 1 game in higher tiers.

Or you could just follow what a few other players think: The game is rigged, there is nothing you can do to do better/earn more credits.

Edit - You have lots of premiums, play those!  For me the Su122-44 and JT88 are both printing credits (JT88 has been buffed recently).

Edited by Kozzy, 14 September 2017 - 01:38 PM.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64272 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Not bought premium for 2 years "besides the 1-2 reward days now and them from missions etc". And I play the E25 2-3 times a day, as it's cheap as chips to run. And thus the profit is usually bigger then playing tier 8 that has 15x more ammo and repair costs. Your Panther M10 is one many use now even. As 3 of your most played mediums are not bad credit earners.

I play the Crom B, E25, CDC, SP, and Lowe now and them to maintain my current tier 9 grinds. As playing only high tier grinds is not gonna give you an income. Or even mid tier grinds if you struggle to do damage on a bad grind etc. As damage = credits. So if you can't get the damage in, regardless of tier. The income will start to go down. So just play a Crom B round, CDC round in between grinds, and you will notice it will go up. As that's what I do. And I've got 10 million atm. I had less then 3 mill a few weeks ago as I bought the AMX 155. And I still have 3 tier 9 grinds going, and no premium account. You just gotta take time for a premium run in the middle of all the grinding. As that's what I do. One tier 9 run, a Crom B run, one tier 9 run, E25, tier 9, CDC etc. As I always have new crew to train, so it double worth it.

Edited by Balc0ra, 14 September 2017 - 01:33 PM.

Baldrickk #6 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29503 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
You could always buy:
https://eu.wargaming...p/wot/main/586/

arthurwellsley #7 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51254 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View Postlaulaur, on 14 September 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

1. Do not play too much tier 9 and 10, you are not very good at them and the game is designed to have high tiers expensive to play.

2. Play more with your premium tanks. Selling a tank just to fuel your play with another is never a good idea, as you get back only 50% of credits back.

3. Get in a clan that does Stronghold battles - skirmishes and offensives. You can benefit from credit boosters activated for the members of that clan.

4. Try to improve you damage/battle ratio - if you do more damage (or spot more) you get more credits.

The above are all excellent suggestions.

Also I would have thought that you were a perfect candidate to join The Dingers ie the mutual clans WJDE and TDU

http://forum.worldof...ishy-gold-bots/

shishx_the_animal #8 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

Colonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 30672 battles
  • [FAIME] FAIME

View PostBaldrickk, on 14 September 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

I like how you're thinking.

TheChuffer #9 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31669 battles

View Postlaulaur, on 14 September 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

​Many thanks for the constructive reply and help here, much appreciated......it does however still not explain how it has become harder.....I have not got worse as never been good....suppose I just have to cut down on the top tier games

TheChuffer #10 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31669 battles

View PostBaldrickk, on 14 September 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

I'm sorry for this, but the answer is a simple one:

Play better.

Credit income comes, almost entirely from damage dealt, and of course credits are spent on consumables, ammo and repairs.

You need to be doing enough damage that the income from those shells (minus the shell cost) is enough to cover all the missed shells and damage that you take.

There isn't another way to make money. 

It varies a bit with different tanks, the Centurion is much more expensive to run, for example than the IS-3. Why? Because the shell cost/shell damage value is 3x higher.

You may as well turn the auto-repair back on. Your tanks need to be in runnable state to drive them.

I was playing only the Conqueror last night, and despite some really bad games leading to large cresid losses (horray for 3 arty on an open map all aiming at me) I broke even in the end. Why? Because I was averaging a decent, but not stellar performance, so the good battles paid for the bad ones.  (No prem account btw)

​not quite as easy as playing better, but appreciate the feedback

TheChuffer #11 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31669 battles

​lol - errrr....NO - don't mind buying the odd tank or some gold here n there, but refuse to buy ammo to play...will just stop playing.

TheChuffer #12 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31669 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 14 September 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

The above are all excellent suggestions.

Also I would have thought that you were a perfect candidate to join The Dingers ie the mutual clans WJDE and TDU

http://forum.worldof...ishy-gold-bots/

Always happy to learn and try have more fun

shishx_the_animal #13 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:40 PM

Colonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 30672 battles
  • [FAIME] FAIME

View PostTheChuffer, on 14 September 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

​Many thanks for the constructive reply and help here, much appreciated......it does however still not explain how it has become harder.....I have not got worse as never been good....suppose I just have to cut down on the top tier games

Seeing you do best in the IS-2 and Bromwell, I'd suggest playing those tanks. Run a small rep kit, small med kit and auto fire ext. Try to make your shots count and don't make unnecessary ones. The more damage / kills, the more credits you get. Avoid playing tanks you don't feel good playing them.

TheChuffer #14 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31669 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 14 September 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

Not bought premium for 2 years "besides the 1-2 reward days now and them from missions etc". And I play the E25 2-3 times a day, as it's cheap as chips to run. And thus the profit is usually bigger then playing tier 8 that has 15x more ammo and repair costs. Your Panther M10 is one many use now even. As 3 of your most played mediums are not bad credit earners.

I play the Crom B, E25, CDC, SP, and Lowe now and them to maintain my current tier 9 grinds. As playing only high tier grinds is not gonna give you an income. Or even mid tier grinds if you struggle to do damage on a bad grind etc. As damage = credits. So if you can't get the damage in, regardless of tier. The income will start to go down. So just play a Crom B round, CDC round in between grinds, and you will notice it will go up. As that's what I do. And I've got 10 million atm. I had less then 3 mill a few weeks ago as I bought the AMX 155. And I still have 3 tier 9 grinds going, and no premium account. You just gotta take time for a premium run in the middle of all the grinding. As that's what I do. One tier 9 run, a Crom B run, one tier 9 run, E25, tier 9, CDC etc. As I always have new crew to train, so it double worth it.

many thanks for the feedback and help too

jack_timber #15 Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32373 battles

Well I play some T4 ( I know the shame of it) some T6 and 8. I find these fund my habit of playing at T10 and yes can make a profit and yes I do have a premium account, don't fire premium rounds much.

WG, since Christmas, have been very generous with giving away PR these can help with boosting your income as well as stocking up on consumables when they are at 50% off.

laulaur #16 Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46460 battles
  • [-WBZ] -WBZ

View Postshishx_the_animal, on 14 September 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

I like how you're thinking.

Damn, you are like a genie in a bottle - when someone says 'Fort Knox' you suddenly appear. :ohmy:

I did not even clicked on that ling, but i am sure it is a 'Fort Knox' :)

EDIT: I clicked on the link and now they call it 'Jackpot', not a bad name...

Edited by laulaur, 14 September 2017 - 03:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users