Defender to be sold again

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Long_Range_Sniper #1 Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:15 PM

General

• Player
  • 32653 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Defender to be sold again.....well not exactly.

In fact there's a few things reported from the Q/A with Anton Pankov to get your teeth into. 

Defender, maps, light tanks, IS-6 nerf/buff, T 92 LT and more.

-Regarding the absence of HD winter maps, there is nothing necessarily wrong with them, it’s simply that with everything being so white they require a bit more care in regards to lighting in order to look good. They’ll hopefully be shown off at this years WG Fest.

-Speaking of which, this years WG Fest has been announced for Moscow.

-Elaborating on the lack of a gift tank for this year, Anton says that one of the reasons for this is related to a plan to rebalance the lower tiers, and WG not wanting to introduce something so temporary.

-Regarding new nations, we’ll have to see what progress is made. At the present, there are a few nations that the developers are looking at, but we’re not going to announce anything officially, even with the Polish and Italians. There are also a few alternate tech tree branches and ideas for premiums. They’ll be announced when/if they are ready.

-There will need to be some experimentation with the IS-6, whether that’s increasing the penetration and ditching it’s preferential matchmaking. It’s not entirely clear what will be done with it.

-“If I could go back in time, I’d have never announced 10.0 Rubicon.”

-We had another tank set to go as part of a collaboration with another company (not the T92 LT), but the deal didn’t go through. So at the moment we have a tank fully modeled with all kinds of paraphernalia, just waiting for something to be done with it.

-Regarding any sort of appearance of Warhammer 40k content, it won’t be reserved for only the Asian servers.

-Alternative hulls, not all tanks have these, but they can possibly be part of the new customization system.

-Trade-ins aren’t planned as part of an ongoing event. We might have some additional functions to go with it.

-Regarding anything involving tank changes (like high tier Japanese heavies) ask Murazor. We are keeping an eye on things though.

-The Defender can be sold this year, if you’d like.

-WarGaming is looking to first get maps transfered into HD. After that they can look at the possibility of having aspects of the environment be destructible and possibly affecting gameplay.

-Statistically, introducing Tier 10 light tanks was a good move. They didn’t encroach too much on the medium tank’s role, and such a thing was necessary do to the MM changes.

NEW WAYS TO EARN BONDS

And in additional news, new ways to earn bonds will be introduced with update 9.20.1:

First off, Bonds will now be awarded for playing Tier 9 & 10 vehicles.

As well, Epic Medals and Battle Hero achievements will also have a Bond reward as well, depending on the Tier you are playing at and the complexity of that medal. More details to come later.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66298 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Tbh, if they greatly did increase the pen of the IS-6, and not touch the DPM to much. I won't mind it losing the pref MM. As I can't see that tank working well with even 190 ish AP pen and 250 gold pen with all the super heavies on tier 8 of late. Works for the SP tho. But as for what to do with it? I'll guess they will ask the RU server mainly about what they should do. Same with the Defender. As if RU screams for it back, I guess they will do it, regardless of what we think. But considering they more or less wanted it gone to. Who knows.

HassenderZerhacker #3 Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27227 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
well, they could bundle it with the E-25 ?

CoDiGGo #4 Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14997 battles
  • [NEUR0] NEUR0
Nerft it already, holy crap. We dont want that broken op in the game

laulaur #5 Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46713 battles
  • [BLAUR] BLAUR

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 14 September 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

As well, Epic Medals and Battle Hero achievements will also have a Bond reward as well, depending on the Tier you are playing at and the complexity of that medal. More details to come later.

Can we get retroactive bond payments for the medals we already have? :trollface:

On the serious note, still no word about the atrocious tier 8 MM....

shane73tank #6 Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28207 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

I reckon defender will be sold at christmas 

re the IS-6, I bought this during the summer, it can still be fun, but yep I would not mind it getting a pen increase and losing the pref MM, with the meta this last year or so and the new MM, I dont think there's a place for pref MM tanks above tier 7

HundeWurst #7 Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70001 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

Well if it get something like 225 pen the is6 would be perfectly fine without the pmm/smm.

I would prefet that tank without the SMM over the one with limited mm but gold spam.

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #8 Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles
Tier9 gets bonds thats the only thing i noticed... YUSSSSS

Wintermute_1 #9 Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44228 battles
It'll be sold again, you can count on that.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66298 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostWunderWurst, on 14 September 2017 - 08:20 PM, said:

Well if it get something like 225 pen the is6 would be perfectly fine without the pmm/smm.

I would prefet that tank without the SMM over the one with limited mm but gold spam.

Yeah something like that, and toss on the 265 gold pen to. As I said above. Sub 200 won't work to well with still. And I guess that's what they will give it if it keeps the limited MM.

BravelyRanAway #11 Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:49 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22601 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

-Regarding any sort of appearance of Warhammer 40k content, it won’t be reserved for only the Asian servers.

Uugh!.......Does this mean silly looking skins?:(

Long_Range_Sniper #12 Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:06 PM

General

• Player
  • 32653 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 14 September 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

The first Manga tank I see could send me over to WoWs permanently. 

Edited by Long_Range_Sniper, 15 September 2017 - 08:11 AM.

laulaur #13 Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46713 battles
  • [BLAUR] BLAUR

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 14 September 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

Or maybe tanks like these....:ohmy:

I hope not, these things are worse than 'anime tanks'.

LATER EDIT:

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 14 September 2017 - 10:06 PM, said:

I was thinking the exactly same thing.

If i see something like these aberrations, i think it would be too much for me and i would quit WoT.

Edited by laulaur, 14 September 2017 - 11:11 PM.

Long_Range_Sniper #14 Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:20 PM

General

• Player
  • 32653 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postlaulaur, on 14 September 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

I was thinking the exactly same thing.

If i see something like these aberrations, i think it would be too much for me and i would quit WoT.

I don't mind tanks that were only on blueprints.

I don't even mind the clown tanks, as they weren't too bad, and at least painted on real tanks.

But not fantasy tanks from the mind of some developer. 

Edited by Long_Range_Sniper, 15 September 2017 - 08:12 AM.

Captain_Kremen0 #15 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37279 battles
We have Jap heavies....

tajj7 #16 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25443 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

NEW WAYS TO EARN BONDS

And in additional news, new ways to earn bonds will be introduced with update 9.20.1:

You tease. 

The bond thing, an actual sensible change from WG that rewards good performance in game.  Wonder how many bonds you get? Hope it's like 100-200 cos current bond earnings outside ranked is still tiny. 

-----------------------------

As for the Defender sounds like it'll be down to the Russian playerbase, make the game worse or act selfishly and get their own Defender. 

Browarszky #17 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 14 September 2017 - 10:06 PM, said:

What if they introduce the space battleship Yamato?

Long_Range_Sniper #18 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:44 AM

General

• Player
  • 32653 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posttajj7, on 15 September 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

As for the Defender sounds like it'll be down to the Russian playerbase, make the game worse or act selfishly and get their own Defender. 

I thought that, and in our other discussion I had a peek on the RU premium shop to see if they were milking the T-44-100 as well, and they weren't.

View PostBrowarszky, on 15 September 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

What if they introduce the space battleship Yamato?

Then boot up Arma and stalk anyone from -MM with my GM6 Lynx.

ZlatanArKung #19 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 15 September 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

I thought that, and in our other discussion I had a peek on the RU premium shop to see if they were milking the T-44-100 as well, and they weren't.

Then boot up Arma and stalk anyone from -MM with my GM6 Lynx.

Thou shall never escape the Dingers. 

Edited by ZlatanArKung, 15 September 2017 - 10:48 AM.

arthurwellsley #20 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:49 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51797 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

In fact there's a few things reported from the Q/A with Anton Pankov to get your teeth into. 

Defender, maps, light tanks, IS-6 nerf/buff, T 92 LT and more.

-Regarding the absence of HD winter maps, there is nothing necessarily wrong with them, it’s simply that with everything being so white they require a bit more care in regards to lighting in order to look good. They’ll hopefully be shown off at this years WG Fest.

-Speaking of which, this years WG Fest has been announced for Moscow.

-Elaborating on the lack of a gift tank for this year, Anton says that one of the reasons for this is related to a plan to rebalance the lower tiers, and WG not wanting to introduce something so temporary.

-Regarding new nations, we’ll have to see what progress is made. At the present, there are a few nations that the developers are looking at, but we’re not going to announce anything officially, even with the Polish and Italians. There are also a few alternate tech tree branches and ideas for premiums. They’ll be announced when/if they are ready.

-There will need to be some experimentation with the IS-6, whether that’s increasing the penetration and ditching it’s preferential matchmaking. It’s not entirely clear what will be done with it.

-“If I could go back in time, I’d have never announced 10.0 Rubicon.”

-We had another tank set to go as part of a collaboration with another company (not the T92 LT), but the deal didn’t go through. So at the moment we have a tank fully modeled with all kinds of paraphernalia, just waiting for something to be done with it.

-Alternative hulls, not all tanks have these, but they can possibly be part of the new customization system.

-Trade-ins aren’t planned as part of an ongoing event. We might have some additional functions to go with it.

-Regarding anything involving tank changes (like high tier Japanese heavies) ask Murazor. We are keeping an eye on things though.

-The Defender can be sold this year, if you’d like.

-WarGaming is looking to first get maps transfered into HD. After that they can look at the possibility of having aspects of the environment be destructible and possibly affecting gameplay.

-Statistically, introducing Tier 10 light tanks was a good move. They didn’t encroach too much on the medium tank’s role, and such a thing was necessary do to the MM changes.

NEW WAYS TO EARN BONDS

First

Defender/Object 252U = hopefully RU server only and not on EU

Second

Warhammer - WG would need to licence the content, and as they have Arena with Total War.

BUT = Total War have an agreement with Warhammer.

Total War is owned now by Sega.

Warhammer is a UK owned company who have done deals with various other games companies in the past. Hard to see WG and Warhammer actually doing a deal, but if they did I suspect it would be either (a) a separate mode within WoT (similar to the first world war one, Karl, Chaffee racing etc) or (b) a wholly separate game = Arena is really a version of WoT with sword, spear and arrow formations.

Third

IS6 work is clearly being undertaken by WG and it's just a matter of time before that tank changes. It is afterall very very popular on RU.

Fourth

Bonds for medals = funny really because this is essentially a reward for skill?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users