Something special for Thursday evening

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Lycopersicon #1 Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 10537 battles

Lo and behold, this is how you are supposed to play Cliff.

To make this thread somewhat less whingey, I am open to suggestions what to do in such moments. Stay in the centre and (attempt to) go down swinging (as I did (went down, that is))? Go hide in the J5-K5 bushes and attempt the impossible from there (at hindsight, I am suspecting that this would have been the best option)? I am not open to a suggestion to join that party down there. Oh, my tank was T-44.

Edited by Lycopersicon, 15 September 2017 - 12:13 AM.

Enderman21 #2 Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26607 battles
  • [-BSF-] -BSF-
J5 behind the rock and shoot anything that the Spic lights. I don't see better option.

centacki #3 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:01 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8491 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI
There's nothing you can do. The [edited]were in full force in the past 24 hours.

Yakito #4 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18040 battles
Cattle. Less than human. Items.
Uh. I guess you can't win them all.
I would stay at j5 and die there.

laulaur #5 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46450 battles

View PostLycopersicon, on 14 September 2017 - 10:50 PM, said:

To make this thread somewhat less whingey, I am open to suggestions what to do in such moments. Stay in the centre and (attempt to) go down swinging (as I did (went down, that is))? Go hide in the J5-K5 bushes and attempt the impossible from there (at hindsight, I am suspecting that this would have been the best option)? I am not open to a suggestion to join that party down there. Oh, my tank was T-44.

Hmmm, what should you do?

This:

Or pray that the enemy team is worse than yours, and the are camping like vegetables.

Sergeant_Antaro_Chronus #6 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13265 battles
  • [EL-G] EL-G

Hhhmmm an amoeba team....tough one.

• ​You can join the amoebas and wait to die slowly while k3mping and taking the occasional shot, mean while losing 10+ minutes of your time.
  • You can join the broccolis and hope for a fast and painless death, 2+ minutes, usually a 15-0/1 in an un-lubricated butt sex.
  • You can try and play the game while the RNG is playing against you and getting sniped to death by the enemy k3mpers or getting swarmed if or when the enemies get a whiff that you are alone.
  • You can suicide either by moving towards the enemy and feeding them, hitting esc or jumping of the cliff.

Either way you look at it, matches like those are NOT fun. You are basically forced by the retarded MM to play alone against a full enemy team. In a game where armor or strategy doesn't mean anything special (you can try and angle but get spammed by gold, try to ambush to get the upper hand but the RNG decides that you should miss your shots or roll low damage while the enemy snaps their shot and wrecking you in criticals)

Balc0ra #7 Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62857 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostLycopersicon, on 14 September 2017 - 11:50 PM, said:

I thought that was how you played cliff? As 8 out 10 games on it of late have been like that for me, regardless of tier.

What can you do tbh. If you go high or center, you will die alone with no support vs more guns, even if you have flank fire from E3. As they usually won't react to the HT's coming up your rear flank when they have moved around the hill. If you stay in base, you will just witness your other 14 guns get lemming spotted, because they have not pushed that 14 vs 3 on the 1 line yet. Even if they push up the 1 line. I've seen them fail equally fast. As it's not uncommon for TD's to camp A5 or B5 and flank fire them one by one.

SuedKAT #8 Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:22 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I would go to J5 and climb up onto mountain/hill, that way I would be able to support the SP1C as well as cover the F3 area. When the SP1C eventually dies and you most likely will be spotted, stuff most likely will start to appear from the east and/or they will push through the mid, then I'd slide down and use the mountain/hill and rocks as cover and put in some effective fire if possible, if not I'd slide down into K5 and evaluate the situation from there. However that would most likely just grant you damage, winning the game is not that likely with a team that positioned like that.

Zodiac1960s #9 Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34757 battles
  • [VOMIT] VOMIT
I'm so tired of teams like this that I give them about 1 min to move. If they don't help me I don't help them and tab out for the rest of the battle. I do warn them multiple times though.
No way Im going to let this game go on my nerves.  Just not worth it. It's a game after all.

Lycopersicon #10 Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:19 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 10537 battles

View PostSuedKAT, on 15 September 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

I would go to J5 and climb up onto mountain/hill, that way I would be able to support the SP1C as well as cover the F3 area. When the SP1C eventually dies and you most likely will be spotted, stuff most likely will start to appear from the east and/or they will push through the mid, then I'd slide down and use the mountain/hill and rocks as cover and put in some effective fire if possible, if not I'd slide down into K5 and evaluate the situation from there. However that would most likely just grant you damage, winning the game is not that likely with a team that positioned like that.

In fact, another SPIC came to help us and took the J5 location, but didn't last long because enemy just had the entire map and shot him into pieces from all angles. I with the now pretty impressive armour of the T-44 would have probably been more effective there, indeed. Should have gone there earlier, but during my initial spurt to the centre, I was so busy attempting to find on-the-move shots at the brave 13-90 in the bushes, so the minimap was kinda forgotten a bit - and let's be honest, I would not have been able to compute a reasonable new plan so quickly anyway.

But as it turned out pretty soon, it was not only a case of the entire team choosing a creative game plan; this plan was also flawlessly executed. I was only the tenth to die and one of the two who managed to take an enemy tank with us; the low-ground train just kept walking around the F2 corner and its head disappearing into oblivion.

Edited by Lycopersicon, 15 September 2017 - 07:30 AM.

Homer_J #11 Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBlind_Hate, on 15 September 2017 - 03:34 AM, said:

If they don't help me I don't help them 

Sounds very selfish.

Anyway, you are not "helping them" you are helping yourself win.  But if you aren't bothered about winning then that's fine too.

VarzA #12 Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17514 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Had a lot of these teams lately, been playing the CDC/t25 pilot for creds.

On cliffs in a similar matchup (we started north) i ended up pinging map, swearing like a sailor, and calling them ***rds a lot while doing damage from the ridge .... the friendlies came to save the line just as i got blown up, we ended up losing in the end but it was very very close.

Last night i had a similar match on Lakeville in a t7-9 matchup .... we started  north and our scouts went full .... you know.

13 75 decided to scout valley and promptly started camping behind a rock as heavies were duking it out and LTTB plated his tank in a bush passively farmed assistance (the one near the water) while our guys in town were getting torn by E75 and some td's there .... we ended up losing that battle because our town guys were also facing a defender. :(

My only regret in the 2nd battle is not pushing the LTTB in the water .... should have done that from start.

In both situations i ended up farming 1.5-2k damage so at least i tried my best and got something out of it.

Edited by VarzA, 15 September 2017 - 07:51 AM.

TungstenHitman #13 Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:52 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18718 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

Ah I see, so Mr "I am not really annoyed by either. People play the game the way they choose to." is annoyed by not just one player but his entire teams way they chose to play the game just a few hours later, gotcha.. 

Lycopersicon #14 Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:47 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 10537 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 September 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

Ah I see, so Mr "I am not really annoyed by either. People play the game the way they choose to." is annoyed by not just one player but his entire teams way they chose to play the game just a few hours later, gotcha.. 

:P

While I'm not quite as innocent in the annoyance domain as I'd like to be (which is half the reason why I play with chat off nowadays), I was not really annoyed in this particular case (afterall, I myself didn't do much better than the rest), just amazed, and thought it was worth showing to a wider audience. You don't see so massive fails every day.

Edited by Lycopersicon, 15 September 2017 - 09:50 AM.

Dava_117 #15 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:54 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17621 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

I would have gone to east side and try to get to the enamy back. Gloriuos suicide mission are the best way to die in this game, as good as the last stand in an HT. 

Gain the Vallholl! :izmena:

TungstenHitman #16 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:22 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18718 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

View PostLycopersicon, on 14 September 2017 - 10:50 PM, said:

Oh, my tank was T-44.

View PostLycopersicon, on 15 September 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

:P

While I'm not quite as innocent in the annoyance domain as I'd like to be (which is half the reason why I play with chat off nowadays), I was not really annoyed in this particular case (afterall, I myself didn't do much better than the rest), just amazed, and thought it was worth showing to a wider audience. You don't see so massive fails every day.

It's hard to know I'd like to see replay. Based on that image it doesn't look too bad at that point. Looks like the enemy team is almost as guilty of lemming train tactics on the opposite side of your lemming train. I see a Tiger1, Lowe, Type62(seriously?)) hanging around the town area on the other side. On your team you have what looks like a Lowe, another heavy and two light tanks racing up the F3 line which if they were smart, could easily cut right and in behind F3/F4 hill and that's immediately 4 guns in support of your position putting some pressure on the enemy team along with you and the LTTB which would also cut off their option to head up towards the lighthouse.

In that exact moment I'd normally stay tight behind cover and spam "help" and click on those players teammates I mentioned, if they don't help I move around the side of the lighthouse F7>F8>E9 try and hold up what might be trying to flank around that way it's easy enough to defend from there with the hill catering for a shoot and reverse retreat tactic until some light tank races passed you and has you side/rear.. nothing much to be done about that its 2vs1 or more..

Edited by TungstenHitman, 15 September 2017 - 11:23 AM.

Mimos_A #17 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:27 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21444 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

That seems to be the new meta on cliff yes. While it's not that bad as a principle, usually the train that rolls up to G2 actually stops there and just sits there all game, only to blame the team if they get outflanked if the rest of the map is taken by the enemy and they've done nothing but bleed HP by poking one by one.

Mimos_A #18 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21444 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 September 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

Well anyone who applies basic logic can kind of figure out why this won't work, so why all go there?

Even if you manage to push the 1 line (which these trains rarely do), you're now basically in a bowl where you can shot from above from all sides by enemies who have cover while you have hardly any. So unless you also win at least part of the upper plateau it's just a declaration of no intention to win the game...

Why people collectively decide to go to a place to just sit there and lose is just confusing to me. Same goes for lights who go valley on lakeville... Just apply some basic logic and reasoning and any sane person has to conclude that it's a useless endeavour.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26628 battles

Thankyou for opening my eyes to how this map should be played, up to this point I've been making the gross tactical blunder of considering using both sides of the map. This is an oversight I will immediately correct for the future. K1 bushcamp FTW!

Kartoshkaya #20 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20924 battles

I'll get to J5, try to spot and take shoots as long as I can. When they push i'll go downhill and try to light/shoot F3-4 plateau.

It'll probably be a loose but, you never know how much ennemies will go full tard and suicide on your camping teammates.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users