What would you do ?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Whisky_Tango #1 Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:31 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5695 battles

what whould you do if you had a chance to change things in World of Tanks ???

for me personally i would change : 

1. implement a view of another players gameplay after your tank have been destroyed... so we can se who is a bot and who is using a aim hack crap thingy ...

2. DO NOT REWARD PLAYERS with xp if they did not contribute to the winning factor in the current game !!  

3. change the RNG - it should be less RNG spread when your are shoting a target and are fully aimed before firing ...if i get a nickle for every time i got hit by a enemy while he was just turning his turret and klicked whithout even spending the time to aim i would probably by a new bike today :) 

4. and not least ....give the tips and guidance for the new players so they can atleast know the diference between sitting in cap and fallow the team...locations on the diferent maps ...simply encourage them to atleast do something in the game :) 

sorry for the laguange ..english is not my priority of choice but anyway ..whats are your thoughts and what would you add / change in the current state of this game ?? 

Edited by Whisky_Tango, 15 September 2017 - 04:48 AM.

malachi6 #2 Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:09 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49881 battles

1:  You want more uninformed people PM'ing you after a fight to accuse of of cheating.  Also you can already view your team mates and viewing the enemy would give an advantage to your team.

2:  Intrigues me.  How do you propose to determine who contributed what?  I guy sat covering an exposed flank is not contributing while an afk sat in the spawn that gets vision for the team before dying is?  I can list lost of scenarios. I am sure you get my drift.

3:  RNG cuts both ways.  I keep saying this.  When things go well that is not always skill.

4. As long as that support is within the rules of the game and genuinely constructive.  Frankly I get sick of being told to LTP by some guy that cannot spell learn to play.

For me a hard cap on the amount of premium ammo carried.  and hidden player stats to avoid the WN8 Epeen thing.

Edited by malachi6, 15 September 2017 - 05:09 AM.

Whisky_Tango #3 Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:41 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5695 battles

if a guy is not doing any dmg or not even spotting a single enemy tank for me its just waste of a slot in MM in a pvp game... in this game you can easy grind the xp even if you did whole 0 dmg ..and win the game :) this game require thinking like any other game ..for expemple harpan ...there is allready a option to disable the pm box from random ppl :) if you see a guy sitting in the base and his turret is tracking a spotted enemy on the map then obviously it is not a real player ...and yet we get them and have to carry them becouse they cant pull their own weight ....

Homer_J #4 Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28712 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostWhisky_Tango, on 15 September 2017 - 05:41 AM, said:

if a guy is not doing any dmg or not even spotting a single enemy tank 

You can contribute in ways which are not measured by WN8.  Sometimes just showing your presence on the map is enough to halt an enemy advance.

Being on the winning team should be all that counts.  If you play well you win more and you profit.  If you play badly you win less and lose.

1. No, there are enough paranoid people in this game already.

2. As above.

3. Shows you don't understand how RNG works with respect to accuracy.  Snapshots like you describe are not accuracy they are luck.

4. It doesn't matter how many guides you make or tips you give or force people to do training, it's a game and if they don't want to learn then they won't.

Edited by Homer_J, 15 September 2017 - 07:43 AM.

malachi6 #5 Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:37 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49881 battles

View PostWhisky_Tango, on 15 September 2017 - 05:41 AM, said:

if a guy is not doing any dmg or not even spotting a single enemy tank for me its just waste of a slot in MM in a pvp game... in this game you can easy grind the xp even if you did whole 0 dmg ..and win the game :) this game require thinking like any other game ..for expemple harpan ...there is allready a option to disable the pm box from random ppl :) if you see a guy sitting in the base and his turret is tracking a spotted enemy on the map then obviously it is not a real player ...and yet we get them and have to carry them becouse they cant pull their own weight ....

My point was that a person may not be contributing using your metric and if your metric cannot be quantified, How do you expect the game to be able to?

qpranger #6 Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:45 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 32438 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

1) Move all under 48% WR players with 10+k battles to a separate server.

2) Relax and enjoy improved gameplay.

kaneloon #7 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:35 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28103 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

View Postqpranger, on 15 September 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

1) Move all under 48% WR players with 10+k battles to a separate server.

2) Relax and enjoy improved gameplay.

Nnooo way ... I would no longer ace tanks ^^

qpranger #8 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:39 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 32438 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postkaneloon, on 15 September 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

Nnooo way ... I would no longer ace tanks ^^

You cannot ace tanks against good players?

What does that make you?

Geno1isme #9 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42604 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

1) Undo the template-matchmaker

2) Rebalance premium ammo

3) Redesign the spotting system from scratch

Giga_bomb #10 Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18061 battles
  • [D_SB] D_SB

1. Remove all autoloader guns (no more 5 min battles - tvp, bc, t57 platton rape)

2. Remove all types of mods (no more "omg noobs, kids, mong.. we will lose, and lose" kind of battles)

3. Better silver revard for win (players will try their best for money)

4. Bring back old good, slow reloading low splash / accuracy no stun, arty (new arty sistem is fck joke)

5. Return old mm and old maps (with some modifications)

6. 10 map pings in 5 sec - 20 sec chat silence...

enu_ #11 Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:06 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 22576 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

1. make some special MM for tier 8

2. 1mm shell penetration for arty

3. don't allow client to get player names from server during battle

4. make all objects destroyable in hd maps

Edited by enu_, 03 February 2018 - 01:36 PM.

centacki #12 Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8494 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI
there are many things like for instance: nerf OP premiums. No reason for Patriot to have 270mm cupola, no reason for Defender to have 300mm+ upper plate, no reason for Skorpion to have 490 alpha, etc. Also nerf some Tier 9 tanks (they are basically Tier 10 with less HP)

Edited by centacki, 15 September 2017 - 03:13 PM.

Thejagdpanther #13 Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34547 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

1) heavily rework the ammo types - skills by humans not by pressing a button;

2) rework all armors that have been improved to make people spam prem ammo;

1-2 a) in essence: remove the concept of "premium ammo";

3) remove or heavily rework all the last broken tier 8 premium tanks;

4) rework autoloaders; the single tank is not a big issue, the number of total autoloaders you can find in a single game is more annoying than 5 arties for side;

5) matchmaker must use the formula (bottom tier > middle tier ≥ top tier) - monotier battles should be the last of the last of the last possibilities - make the queue little longer for betters match-up;

5a) mm must balance the numbers of tanks for every class;

6) a dedicated team for maps:

• for make them more enjoyables in the most tanks possible
  • fix-arrange them dynamically without waiting patches for fast bug solving or unfair sides advantages
  • new maps added to the rotation and more interesting maps for other modes (assault and encounter)

They are not in order of importance.

:)

StinkyStonky #14 Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28329 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

1) Add voice recognition so I could control the tanks without using my hands.

2) Add smoke deployment so that no tank could see each other.

3) Make all guns hit exactly where they are aiming, but then add gun barrel wobble so that the aiming point is all over the place.

4) Add a stock market facility so that I can make real world money from buying and selling tanks.

5) Add in game purchases of music.  To encourage use of this feature the default music would be crazy frog, Justin Bieber, or similar.

6) Have the ability for crew members to jump out of the tank and run about ... CoD style.

7) Add really, really hard personal missions where the last prize is next week's winning lottery numbers.

Pandabird #15 Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
Re-introduce cross team chat. This is supposed to be a multiplayer game, i want to hear tears of rage after pulling off the impossible.

Put t8 prems in a separate MM where they can fight eachother all day long of who is the most broken.

Fix clan wars, team battles and SH back into functional organized game modes

Reduce RNG

Make real maps and get rid of all the garbage like mittengrad/paris

That's about it

ID_100 #16 Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25742 battles
  • [IMAGE] IMAGE

Dava_117 #17 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:35 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19443 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well...

1) rng on damage reduced to 10% and on pen to 5%

2) restore weackspot meta so gold it's not needed

3) rework ammo sistem to change it in a tactical choice: big spread of ammos for each tank with different dmg and pen and just 3 can be chosen.

Whisky_Tango #18 Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:42 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5695 battles

one thing stroke my mind ..why in the hell do we have win % on every tank ??? its making no sense becouse you cant land on the top in every tank or game you play...give us the efficiency record data on how we play and react with the current tank ....

ooo another thing ...about the reward system witch have to be changed ASAP in my opinion!! 

this dude ....killed a frendly tank , turned blue ..probably banned becouse he was afk outside the base in some bush and yet he got that amount of **BASE XP** + the reward ...by the name of RNG jezus ..who is this guy who come up with such reward system ? 

https://pasteboard.co/GKy7kUC.jpg       <----------------------

pew pew! tango out!

Edited by Whisky_Tango, 16 September 2017 - 12:43 AM.

Mike_Mckay #19 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:24 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20391 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

Oh gee

​1. Obviously I would introduce skill balanced matchmaking which I know many hate lol. Not "ranked" matchmaking for anyone who is unfamiliar with the difference, but where each team has the same number of good, average and poor players based on their overall stats (40%) and stats in the current tank (60%) combined or something like that. I think this would get rid of a lot of the 3-5 minute games so many people complain about because if you see the matchmaking before the game starts its obvious which team will win and that it will end quickly the worst I have personally seen was 12 greens and 2 purples vs 2 greens and everyone else orange or red. That game would have been far better had their been 7 greens and 1 purple on each team supplemented with oranges and reds (IMO obviously). Balanced better in terms of healthpool too as games where one team has a 20k total health pool and the other is closer to 30k is far too often. 

​During quieter times when less are online both of those would obviously be relaxed slightly but theres never any excuse for there being more than one of a certain level extra on each team, and when that's unavoidable the weaker team should be balanced out with extras in the next level down IE 1 purple 3 greens vs 2 purples 1 green sort of thing, not 3 purples and 3 greens vs 1 green

​2. I would lessen RNG but at the same time increase ALL aiming times by a percentage to offset that. So shots would land more based on skill than luck to reward better players. The longer aim times would also encourage more active play even in games with several TDs and/or arty as being visible if mobile wouldn't be as much of a handicap even in slower vehicles as it is now

​3. Alter view ranges, its always struck me as odd that "scouts" can be matched and even out viewed by mediums and in some cases heavies, TDs functionally might have a case for doing that but in terms of the game and them mostly being there to "support" then perhaps less than a light but more than a med/heavy I guess. And with the current power creep lights have become the faster more mobile mediums with their speed, penetration and DPM. So make the class "scouts" again I would nerf the penetration and alpha so they cant outperform mediums in that respect but with better view range per tier than anything else

​4. Arty, I would remove their ability to see shots fired by unspotted tanks

​5. Xp/silver, for winning teams more from the same pool paid out for contribution to the outcome but for practically nothing done (spotting would be negated by travelling zero KM), they would earn practically or actually zero. For the losing team same payouts for people who do nothing there too. But for the top half of the team in terms of some kind of performance metric like damage, spotting, kills, assisted damge and cap points gained/removed they would get more than they do now to encourage people to fight harder even if the game looks lost. I think if the top players on each team did identical amounts of everything the one of the losing team should be more based on what you do in a game and less about just winning. The winning team should get "more" but perhaps just 25% more. As someone doing 6 kills, 4000 damage and 1000 assisted getting less than someone who did 200 damage and no kills just because of who won doesn't really seem very balanced nor does it reward good gameplay or skill. But below the top 5 on the losing team much wider gaps for the same performance, for those I think what we have now is "ok" perhaps it should be dictated a bit more based on actual performance though as you still struggle to match a player who did practically nothing on the winning team

​So like for like the winning team should get more, but people who barely did anything on the winning team shouldn't be getting bigger payouts than players who did really well but were on the losing team in terms of XP, after all its "experience" so why would not moving from the cap, spotting nothing and doing 200 damage with no kills even come close to someone who travelled all round the map, got 2 kills and a couple of K damage 500 assisted and played an active role? Experience should "reflect" experience earned in the game surely?

​6 rather than endlessly rebalancing hundreds of tanks every time a few "more op" ones get introduced I would have a fixed balance that ALL tanks have to fit inside, that way if a new tank was OP then ONLY that tank would have to be altered, not the other few hundred tanks already in the game

​7. I would either make smaller bundles of premium time much closer to the cost per day of the annual bundle or make the smaller bundles 1/3/7 days ONLY tick down a day when you log in. Same with premium days that are won or given away. As I have known many people win a game in a op but they cant play for days so its just wasted. Perhaps even let someone choose if they want to use a premium day as they might just want to log in to check something, so wasting an entire days premium if they cant even play is just wrong

8. I would have a bot match option where you don't lose or gain silver nor do you gain XP or crew skills. It would be JUST for learning maps and different playstyles. It would also allow you to try out any TT or premium tank too but wouldn't count towards tank or player stats at all

​9. Allow gold already owned to be used to buy tanks and bundles in the store rather than them being cash only. 

​10. Some mod functions I would include in the game would be the crew management many mods have where your last crew and equipment load out is remembered. Silver by default for ammo, cammo and consumables

11. the ability to not see premiums in the garage and a favourites list that leaves the tanks in their normal place but when you select the favourites list you only see those for lines you are prioritising

​12. Not 100% about this, but perhaps a "learners" camp for players under 5k games and only up to tier 5. Small teams and wouldn't count towards TT progression but use would be encouraged by it training crews and having the same silver pay outs as a normal game. Kind of a halfway house between the bot game and public games when people are new to the game. But hopefully the lack of XP towards the line would put players off staying in there for too long

​13. Automated half price buy back of previous tanks sold. You shouldn't need to bother support with something so basic, if you already had the tank it should just be half price to buy it back anyway.

14. I would like to see some fish in the water lol, we have birds and on XBOX (dunno about PC) we also have butterflies and dragonflies too. So for absolutely no reason at all fish lol :)

​15. The old missions display system back

Forgot some lol

16. I would make premium tanks comparable in terms of DPM/Pen with their nearest comparable TT tank in the same tier when fully upgraded. The idea that a premium should be crippled in some way has always seemed bizarre.

17. No hidden stats, you shouldn't have to go to third party sites to find out things the game manufacturer should give you in the first place, especially with an item or game youre actually payihg money for

18. A low tier easy to play premium for each vehicle class a country has, something like tiers 4-6 so that they can also be used for missions which would be available either before a new nation is added or on the same day as the TT tanks

19. "Send to" feature for crew movement instead of having to send to barracks and then reselect for a tank. Just click on the crew select "send to" then from a drop down pick the tank you want them to go to, simples

​(puts on pitchfork proof vest)

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 16 September 2017 - 04:24 AM.

Long_Range_Sniper #20 Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:38 AM

General

• Player
  • 32572 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostMike_Mckay, on 16 September 2017 - 01:24 AM, said:

​1. Obviously I would introduce skill balanced matchmaking which I know many hate lol. Not "ranked" matchmaking for anyone who is unfamiliar with the difference, but where each team has the same number of good, average and poor players based on their overall stats (40%) and stats in the current tank (60%) combined or something like that. I think this would get rid of a lot of the 3-5 minute games so many people complain about because if you see the matchmaking before the game starts its obvious which team will win and that it will end quickly the worst I have personally seen was 12 greens and 2 purples vs 2 greens and everyone else orange or red. That game would have been far better had their been 7 greens and 1 purple on each team supplemented with oranges and reds (IMO obviously). Balanced better in terms of healthpool too as games where one team has a 20k total health pool and the other is closer to 30k is far too often. 

Still on this hobby horse I see. 

Firstly, you need work through the difference between not liking SBMM per se, and not seeing how it could be implemented in a game constructed and designed like World of Tanks.

Personally, I would like to have team games that gently stretch my skills without pushing me too far. I achieve that by personal reflection, looking at how I perform, and recognising that if I drift too far into seal-clubbing then I'm going to get some really bad teams in comparison to my skill. Equally if I overstretch I'm going to lose a lot. If the game did this matching for me then it would no doubt save a lot of hassle.

But like your other threads where you raise this subject you still haven't grasped some of the fundamental challenges. For starters you're using winrate stats that are obtained in non-SBMM games. They're irrelevant once you turn on SBMM, and are only part of the picture for skill anyway. You need a skill measure that's designed for the matchmaker you want to use. Remembering that this MM doesn't use "skill".

You're also referring to players colours, and this is third party information coming from their Wn8. If you actually read up on Wn8 you'll see how it isn't the full picture either, and is now tier related rather than tank related.

You then have the challenge of the tier spread of vehicles in the queue which you've constantly ignored in other threads on this issue, and division of XP/credits. Why should a team of 45% players playing other 45% players get the same credits and XP as teams of unicums playing each other?

You could introduce some form of skill balancing in MM if you did it as one of the last variables to be examined by MM, and you put conditions on that analysis so as not to impact on queue times and tank balancing. But you need the skill measure first, and you can't use one obtained in the very mode you want to change. Then you'd introduce the measure very carefully and examine a whole host of outcomes before you'd be certain it wasn't being detrimental to the game. The problem there is once you turn on SBMM and make it on the margins, the "game is rigged" posts on the forum will go through the roof. It's bad enough now, and WG don't use skill in the MM. 

However, you've referenced  SBMM as assisting in reducing the chance of 3-5 minute games. You've never played ranked battles and even with teams of similar "skill" this occurred quite frequently. You see the thing is, when you have a team of all good players, they all know where to go on the map to gain an advantage. When they all do that, you can get rolfstomps over in seconds as each team blasts each other to oblivion and the winner picks up the scraps of what's left of the enemy. The opposite can occur as well, just as frequently. All the good players know exactly what not to do, and so the game slides into a long stalemate. Try a tier X game on Prok with no arty and see how long that lasts sometimes.

I still don't see why you don't use the self-reflective approach to SBMM which is in your control, you set the measures, and you can control the outcomes? You've had offers of tooning, which is one of the best ways to learn, and that seems to have fallen on deaf ears. 

So putting all of the challenges of SBMM together with the risks and benefits, it's just not worth it for players who haven't exhausted the much simpler approach of learning the game first.

View PostMike_Mckay, on 16 September 2017 - 01:24 AM, said:

​2. I would lessen RNG but at the same time increase ALL aiming times by a percentage to offset that. So shots would land more based on skill than luck to reward better players. The longer aim times would also encourage more active play even in games with several TDs and/or arty as being visible if mobile wouldn't be as much of a handicap even in slower vehicles as it is now

You do know that RNG applies to more than just accuracy? Longer aim times for all vehicles would disproportionately impact vehicles with longer aim times done a percentage basis across the board. I think my 13 57 GF could cope with a 10% rise in its aim time. How would the KV-2 cope? Also aiming is more than just the aim time and is down to the overall gun handling stats. Active play would be impacted by making aiming harder as you would be less capable when taking snap shots whilst working those all important ridges and other locations that give map control. It's medium and light tanks that promote active gameplay and its their good gun handling that makes this happen. If you make the gun handling worse you make it less likely they'll play actively. You may increase camping as tanks take up positions and pre-aim more.

For the rest, I'm afraid TLDR until you work through your points above. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users