Why do the players in this game still think there is "scouting"?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

superfly2000 #1 Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 77669 battles
  • [SFLY] SFLY

No, seriously! Didn't they get the memo or what? I mean comon:

- So most maps made into corridor maps where the spotting system has no effect at all and all engagements are close range. This is where heavies and mediums "scout".

- Even on large maps, thanks to uber alpha tanks, campers and hillarious amount of autoaders it is so dangerous to "scout" so only 1% of the server population knows how to do it...maybe. The rest just press W until the die (usually first minute), others play like paper TD's (like they are supposed to almost). I mean spotting also doesnt "give" anything...WN8 is more important...everyone knows that...(sarcasm).

So...they dont get it...and whenever they see a light tank behind them...or a light tank that does not immediatiy run into enemy fire to "scout" for them...they start clicking, harassing and even doing friendly fire....

Edited by superfly2000, 15 September 2017 - 09:32 AM.

Not_DangerUXB_Thats4sure #2 Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:30 AM

Major

• Player
  • 9516 battles

View Postsuperfly2000, on 15 September 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

No, seriously! Didn't they get the memo or what? I mean comon:

- So most maps made into corridor maps where the spotting system has no effect at all and all engagements are close range. This is where heavies and mediums "scout".

- Even on large maps, thanks to uber alpha tanks, campers and hillarious amount of autoaders it is so dangerous to "scout" so only 1% of the server population knows how to do it...maybe. The rest just press W until the die (usually first minute), others play like paper TD's (like they are supposed to almost). I mean spotting also doesnt "give" anything...WN8 is more important...everyone knows that...(sarcarm).

So...they dont get it...and whenever they see a light tank behind them...or a light tank that does not immediatiy run into enemy fire to "scout" for them...they start clicking, harassing and even doing friendly fire....

Due to the fact that lights now see mid and top tier (In which case it changes their 'Priorities)...you can expect more of the same in the future.(So basicly tier 9 and 10 lights now are just played as meds due to this)..

'Scouting' as such was an 'Art' to learn and its dying fast thanks to the last patch....also the lack of foilage and the tunnel maps dont help?...'Vision control' and use of cammo is becoming

redundant in this game so what you are seeing are actually consequences of all that!!

Sadly!!..I saw this coming as soon as i heard lights were to become top tier now and then.

I think that WG should create a devout line of lights in all countries with +3 MM (As it used to be)....or as i say scouting as an art is dead.

RIP scouting as an art to learn.:P

Edited by Danger_UXB_, 15 September 2017 - 09:34 AM.

speedphlux #3 Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42482 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
Getting intel early on about your enemies movement and deployment is critical. Yes, most maps are corridors, but that doesn't mean there is no need for scouting. A scout rushing the mid park on Himmelsdorf can show if enemies are going en-mass on the hill or 2-3 line. It's an after thought to the light tank driver to figure out how to make the most of it and escape if possible from this situation. Sure, you can die in the process, but about 7 out of 10 times, I'd walk away from a situation like that and still be a useful tool for the team later on in the game. Worth the risk IMHO.

I agree that 90% of the maps are not "scout" friendly, but that doesn't mean people should not try to get any intel on them and just camp and snipe in their Light Tanks. I still drive all my Lights as "scouts". And the 10% of maps which ARE "scout" friendly, it's such a joy to play and outthink the enemy Lights, that it gives me a little fuzzy feeling in my trousers.

alienslive #4 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:12 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 85019 battles

My favorite:

I am sitting in a bush which is in that situation the best for scout.

My team order to go and scout:

If i move yes maybe i can find the enemy but:

a) If i spot them there noone can cover me.

b) I leave the 'safe zone' and I have no escape from the new position.

After I refuse to go suicide mostly 2 things happens:

a) my team shoot me (yes, it helps a lot).

b) who has no patient leaves his position and go to 'spot'. He dies without any spot.

ofc in this situation my team calls me 'bot' and 'ebay acc'

superfly2000 #5 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 77669 battles
  • [SFLY] SFLY
Exactly. That is how it is in worst case.

DracheimFlug #6 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:17 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles
I have this feeling of deja vu....

TankkiPoju #7 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:19 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20014 battles

View Postalienslive, on 15 September 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

b) who has no patient leaves his position and go to 'spot'. He dies without any spot.

Don't forget the people who actually drive up to you and try to push you out of the bush.

Or the heavies/meds that drive behind you and start shooting at the enemy, making you effectively their front armor.

Search_Warrant #8 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:42 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 26690 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

I do expect light tanks to scout for me, they do keep camo on the move and still have (usualy) good viewrange for the tier they are in. but i dont expect them to suiscout. i want them to live, so i ask them to scout, if they dont? well i understand they dont want to die and all but we kinda need there eyes to win. we simply lose and we know who to blame.

I dont get angry at them and i dont shoot them, i simply state the reasons for why they need to scout and if they dont, well. ill go and scout in my TD if i have to, someone has to right?

Edited by Search_Warrant, 15 September 2017 - 10:42 AM.

alienslive #9 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 85019 battles

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 15 September 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

I do expect light tanks to scout for me, they do keep camo on the move and still have (usualy) good viewrange for the tier they are in. but i dont expect them to suiscout. i want them to live, so i ask them to scout, if they dont? well i understand they dont want to die and all but we kinda need there eyes to win. we simply lose and we know who to blame.

I dont get angry at them and i dont shoot them, i simply state the reasons for why they need to scout and if they dont, well. ill go and scout in my TD if i have to, someone has to right?

Sure. Best idea to send the scout to death and lose your eyes when he can't leave his position. :sceptic:

(and I don't talk about LTs whose think they are TDs and camping behind the arta)

I can't write in the chat every time to explain I was spotted in this position so I can't go more far and so on. I play aggressive as much as the situation allows.

jack_timber #10 Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32435 battles

View PostDracheimFlug, on 15 September 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

Yes so do I, is this his 3rd post today other 2 were locked..... He must be super angry

iztok #11 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:10 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

> Why do the players in this game still think there is "scouting"?

You know, old habits... ;)

Dava_117 #12 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:20 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18538 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

I can understand if you're in the more advanced position on the battlefield, but if your HTs ask you to spot a TD, from a further position and giving you the area, you have to go! Yesterday I was spotting more actively than a RU in IS-4. I had to ask him 3 times to spot a Grille before he moved. He was full life! Glad it moved in the end,so we won, but I still don't understand why it took so much time!

laulaur #13 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46460 battles

View Postalienslive, on 15 September 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

My favorite:

I am sitting in a bush which is in that situation the best for scout.

My team order to go and scout:

If i move yes maybe i can find the enemy but:

a) If i spot them there noone can cover me.

b) I leave the 'safe zone' and I have no escape from the new position.

After I refuse to go suicide mostly 2 things happens:

ofc in this situation my team calls me 'bot' and 'ebay acc'

View PostDracheimFlug, on 15 September 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

On the serious note: Yeah those kind of situations happen a lot.

People do not really understand how (passive) spotting works, and that a live light/scout at the end of the game is way more valuable than a one who yolo rushes and dies in the first minute.

Also what some of you told, when you are top tier in a light you really must do some damage - not run like a headless chicken to lit the whole map and nobody to shoot on your spot.

alienslive #14 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 85019 battles

Everything depend on the situation when and where can you spot or deal damage.

I just wanted to highlight that good LT player mostly knows what is the best thing to do.

In a right position a med can be good spotter:
http://wotreplays.eu/site/3821045

Isharial #15 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19485 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

there are times when the light has been instrumental to a win or a loss, lights are the eyes of the team, even in the corridor meta that the game now is

even on Stalingrad, if a light spots the tanks crossing into the "center" down at J/K 8/9 then other tanks can hit them in the sides and weaken them before they even get to where they're going

and on Malinovka, spotting the heavies and tanks going to the hill at A1, you can let your team know what they face before they get there, even if none of the team can shoot them, it will influence what they do next

simple acts of spotting that don't rely on you suicide scouting or dying immediately either... but are very useful information for the team

I dislike lights that kemp base like limpets unable to move out the first bush they see for fear of dying, specially when that position isn't going to spot anyone and there are other, less hidden tanks remaining unspotted closer to the enemy than the light is

sometimes I have to do the scouting in my TD's, and yet a light driver will either say im "stealing their spots" or "retarded" or w/e for actually doing THIER job :facepalm:

a good light driver knows when to spot, and when you deal damage, a bad one kemps base doing bugger all and blames team for no spots. I see the 2nd bit far more than the first :(

im not a great light tank driver, I don't have the no fear complex that they require, thus I stick to TD's, where I feel "safe", though Im not looking forward to doing the light and heavy missions for the T28HTC.... :sceptic:

TankkiPoju #16 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20014 battles

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 15 September 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

The problem is spotting enemy tanks is often useless. Even if I spot the entire enemy team, friendly tanks either cant aim anything or they can't shoot the enemy anyway.

So if you sit way back near red line, and tell me to "spot", I won't spot for you if I know you cant shoot the enemy.

Besides on many maps, any heavy or medium tank can spot enemies just as well as light tanks. The best scout on Prokhorovka is an IS-7 on mid ridge, especially if there is no arty.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 15 September 2017 - 12:13 PM.

Wrinkly #17 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:12 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45061 battles
Of course we have scouts, why else would WG nerf TD view range?

TankkiPoju #18 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20014 battles

View PostWrinkly, on 15 September 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

Of course we have scouts, why else would WG nerf TD view range?

Every tier 10 medium or heavy tank has 400m view range, or better.

komunistu33 #19 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8093 battles
My favourite was when I got Malinovka in my low tier(highest tier) T-50 and went in the middle to spot (without 6th), the most aggressive forward bush where I spotted their entire base, the entire team camped but by mid-end game I racked up over 3k assist (in tier 5) and would ping the base campers to move up so I can push and they could fire and they started crying that I wasn't spotting while I have been doing that and only that for the entire game. Pubbies are R-tarded. 

alienslive #20 Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 85019 battles
Spotting information only useful if your team knows what to do...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users