Remove Bondsystem

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

tobbetank #1 Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 42836 battles
  • [SWEFH] SWEFH
Whats the point for having the bondsystem at all. More benefits for good players over bad players? It sux - there is so much else to fix in this game than introducing more crap... like bondsystem

Sams_Baneblade #2 Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16236 battles

Let's see the bright side of the thing. Getting skill rewarded (medal => bonds) will maybe motivate the bots to improve themselves instead of leeching xp through the carry of their teammates.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62806 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
How so. Even a bad player can get enough to get 2.5% faster reload speed for one game, by playing a two tier X games or so. Or even a 6th sense on a 75% crew for one game. That and there will be more and more ways to get bonds in the coming patches. Inc the next patch. Only way to get more bonds faster is to play ranked. And we know that's more luck then skill. As even bad players got rewards in the gold league, by getting carried. Then again I highly doubt that every good player you meet has it on every tank he plays. Most don't even have 2 on one tank.

Homer_J #4 Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27085 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Don't remove them, just make them available in the premium shop. :justwait:

The_Georgian_One #5 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33794 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN
No? They're adding more ways of earning them in next patches. And as said above, they are an incentive to improve.

Jigabachi #6 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 15 September 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

No? They're adding more ways of earning them in next patches. And as said above, they are an incentive to improve.

They could be.

I still have to ask myself why they even released that whole stuff in such an incomplete state. That was just stupid...

The_Georgian_One #7 Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33794 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN

View PostJigabachi, on 15 September 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

They could be.

I still have to ask myself why they even released that whole stuff in such an incomplete state. That was just stupid...

Just market probing? You will be able to earn bonds in tier 9 vehicles and by obtaining heroic medals.

tobbetank #8 Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 42836 battles
  • [SWEFH] SWEFH

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 15 September 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

Thats my Point! Players with higher skill-level improves more than lower ones, and the gap widens even more in this game.

The_Georgian_One #9 Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33794 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN

View Posttobbetank, on 18 September 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

Thats my Point! Players with higher skill-level improves more than lower ones, and the gap widens even more in this game.

And what exactly prevents lower skill players from improving, other then their good will to learn?

CmdRatScabies #10 Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:47 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35188 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 15 September 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

Don't remove them, just make them available in the premium shop. :justwait:

I'm sure that's what they'll do when they've finished using them to promote Tier X and unpopular game modes.  It is just Rubicon emblems via a different route.

arthurwellsley #11 Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:55 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50497 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
Powercreep in older online games requires new "sinks" for older customers to waste rescources on WoW does this eary year or so. It's been almost six years of World of Tanks before WG have joined the bandwagon, and created a new currency to grind.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26628 battles

View Posttobbetank, on 15 September 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

Whats the point for having the bondsystem at all. More benefits for good players over bad players? It sux - there is so much else to fix in this game than introducing more crap... like bondsystem

Do please show us the replay that shows where you lost against a player solely because your opponent had "OP" equipment you had no access to.

tobbetank #13 Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 42836 battles
  • [SWEFH] SWEFH

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 18 September 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

Do please show us the replay that shows where you lost against a player solely because your opponent had "OP" equipment you had no access to.

What kind of replay do you have in mind?

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 18 September 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

And what exactly prevents lower skill players from improving, other then their good will to learn?

Please read the meaning in the sentence you just quoted.

BonjiOrongji #14 Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39472 battles
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE
bonds have nothing to do with skill ... its a pure grind nothing else

Spurtung #15 Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:23 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60137 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Posttobbetank, on 18 September 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

Your point should be more "how can I get better?" and less "I can't have them toys, they shouldn't either".

japtank #16 Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27611 battles

View PostSams_Baneblade, on 15 September 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

Let's see the bright side of the thing. Getting skill rewarded (medal => bonds) will maybe motivate the bots to improve themselves instead of leeching xp through the carry of their teammates.

Ok, I usually refrain from responding to immature or arrogant remarks (both of which your quote pertains to) but I'll make an exception this time.

People get the results they can. Nobody actively tries to be horrible at the game, as surprising as it may occur to you.

Not being any better than the next guy, I nevertheless can't refrain the urge, like I saw respectable streamers do, to look up my teammates stats after a steamroll only to notice in horror that my team had a majority of sub 48% winrate players going as low as 43%, wondering how this is even possible!

Shamelessly, I confess I happened on one or two occasions to message the poor sods telling them unkind things like they shouldn't be playing the tiers they are struggling with and should learn the game a bit deeper at lower tiers.

I have no right to do so.

Nobody has.

It's just like harassing a poor dude because he's got a big nose. He didn't ask to have a big nose in the first place and has to live with it.

Now, coming back to you and the bond system you're looking forward to, it's just like hanging a sign around our bignose guy's neck saying 'Look! I come from Bignose City!'

What this 'haves and have not' system will achieve is make pretty noses prettier and big noses uglier.

What a wonderful life this will be!

For some reason, I'm under the impression I just lost some of my time here... never mind... slow morning at work...

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 18 September 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

Would a fight against a 907 do?

Sams_Baneblade #17 Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16236 battles

View Postjaptank, on 19 September 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

Ok, I usually refrain from responding to immature or arrogant remarks (both of which your quote pertains to) but I'll make an exception this time.

People get the results they can. Nobody actively tries to be horrible at the game, as surprising as it may occur to you. (1)

Not being any better than the next guy, I nevertheless can't refrain the urge, like I saw respectable streamers do, to look up my teammates stats after a steamroll only to notice in horror that my team had a majority of sub 48% winrate players going as low as 43%, wondering how this is even possible!

Now, coming back to you and the bond system you're looking forward to, it's just like hanging a sign around our bignose guy's neck saying 'Look! I come from Bignose City!'

What this 'haves and have not' system will achieve is make pretty noses prettier and big noses uglier.

What a wonderful life this will be!

(2)

For some reason, I'm under the impression I just lost some of my time here... never mind... slow morning at work...

(1) That is something I never figured out, I always thought people were actively trying to be the worst possible. /s
And as surprising as it may occur to you, the problem lies in the fact a consequent part of the player base does not try not to be horrible. So they limit themself through their limited efforts. Most of us will reach our skill ceiling -may it be 48 or 60%. But at 20k+ battles for 45%, there is few excuses not to have learnt the very basic of the game.
(2) While this is indeed quite elitist, getting bonds through medals isn't impossible to achieve. 48%+ players can do the job just right to earn those. Higher skill players will ofc get proportionnally more, although in the same way they also earn more xp and credits. I agree this will create unbalance (especially with newer players), which isn't the best. But about the bad (not average, bad) players concern, I don't see why they should be rewarded for nothing. Want sum bonds anyway? Make the minimal efforts required. Although players who care so little about doing their part of the job would probably not care that much about the competitiveness of better equipment that wouldn't prevent them to be farmed anyway.

I don't see what is so unacceptably elitist in saying "those who do NOTHING should not get nothing". (excluding average players, ofc)

Do not worry, you are not the only one to feel like you wasted minutes of your life responding to useless remarks. :trollface:

Edited by Sams_Baneblade, 19 September 2017 - 11:12 AM.

K_A #18 Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:18 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13566 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjaptank, on 19 September 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

Would a fight against a 907 do?

907 can be obtained by anyone with half a brain and a lot of patience (even me.. :rolleyes:)

Also in next patch getting epic medals (high caliber, top gun etc.) will reward you with bonds, so everyone and their mother who play randoms will have a chance to get them (again, even me!)

japtank #19 Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27611 battles

View PostSams_Baneblade, on 19 September 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

(1) But at 20k+ battles for 45%, there is few excuses not to have learnt the very basic of the game.
(2) I don't see what is so unacceptably elitist in saying "those who do NOTHING should not get nothing".
(3) Do not worry, you are not the only one to feel like you wasted minutes of your life responding to useless remarks. :trollface:

(1) This is not true.

It simply isn't, from a psychological prospective.

I just had ranked match (what the hell was I doing there, anyway) where an IS-7 was standing next to me doing nothing.

Well, not exactly doing nothing, he was getting in my way.

He stood there (he's a 45% guy btw, with thousands of battles) not helping when enemies where poking, just... being there, ten meters behind me.

We lost the fight, when I died he got annihilated in seconds, and I was irked as one can legitimately be and went to watch his stats.

He had 3 tiers X tanks, averaging 37% winrate.

Can he improve?

No, he can't. The poor dude was just paralysed in fear. He didn't know what to do and never will.

Maybe is he 8 old, maybe is he 88 old, maybe is he playing in a room of 10 people with his wife screaming at him over a loud TV, go figure, but that's the way it is: he's bad beyond hope.

Now go and fight this guy with a pimped out 907, so fair...

(2) It's bad for the game.

Newcomers will be slapped so hard their ancestors will know.

They will leave to never return and tier X games will grow more and more into boring campfests where everybody knows the ropes, has the gear, uses premium everything and feasts on the idiots.

And the game will die, like die all games who turn into elitist only games.

(3) I didn't.

Jumping_Turtle #20 Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:07 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 58583 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Postjaptank, on 19 September 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

Newcomers will be slapped so hard their ancestors will know.

They will leave to never return and tier X games

Newcomers should not play tier 10. And with the amount of bonds it costs to mount and demount I do not think the newcomers on the lower tiers will meet much tanks with improved equipment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users