Unfair matchups

mm fail

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

komunistu33 #1 Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8098 battles

How is this even remotely fair and balanced?

Spoiler

We got 4 heavy tanks, 3 tier 9 one a pseudo heavy (AMX 50 120) and a Kran, they got 9 heavy tanks. I got rushed and killed in the first minute, it was a steam roll. The MM could have taken 1 more second to re arrange the huge HP disparity. 

Warzey #2 Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 57424 battles
  • [GOOFY] GOOFY
Ok, their team has more heavy tanks. Here's question for you, who forced you and other heavies from your team to fight for that hilly area?

komunistu33 #3 Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8098 battles

View PostWarzey, on 15 September 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

Ok, their team has more heavy tanks. Here's question for you, who forced you and other heavies from your team to fight for that hilly area?

I could've turned back and run while having 3 HTs shoot me in the back. Last I checked I can't control what others do. 

Jigabachi #4 Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
In your case it's just karma for starting stupid trollspamthreads every day.

wremise #5 Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49058 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View Postkomunistu33, on 15 September 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

I could've turned back and run while having 3 HTs shoot me in the back. Last I checked I can't control what others do. 

How about this Idea:

Dont even drive to the north hills! take postion on the G-Line and spot every heavy who wants to drive toward your cap, and let the Sniper at K-Line do their Job.

Warzey #6 Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 57424 battles
  • [GOOFY] GOOFY

View Postkomunistu33, on 15 September 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

My point is that you all knowingly fought a losing battle on that flank. Unsurprisingly you all died quickly losing 4 tanks for free and letting enemy team snowball their advantage further and all of that is of course the fault of the matchmaker.

brisha #7 Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16022 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

9 against 4 on the hills was only going to end 1 way. You know it's not mandatory to go to that position just because you're a heavy don't you?

You should have went the opposite way and turned into a TD to protect the cap instead. the slow [edited]heavies would have taken a lot of damage getting down to the cap.

N00BT00B #8 Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47763 battles
  • [UT00B] UT00B

''you shoulda chose to fight elsewhere'' replies..

..or alternatively, and, here's a radical idea. the [edited]matchmaker could have simply made it a fair fight by equalling out the teams HP/ armour.

how you think it is fair to give a team half the map for zero damage taken, because matchmaker?

..and still have all that armour/ hp

..and buildings for protection

..armour/ hp advantage is always greater than firepower, because RNG.

Warzey #9 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 57424 battles
  • [GOOFY] GOOFY

View PostUseless_Pathetic_Stupid, on 15 September 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

..or alternatively, and, here's a radical idea. the [edited]matchmaker could have simply made it a fair fight by equalling out the teams HP/ armour.

how you think it is fair to give a team half the map for zero damage taken, because matchmaker?

That's the problem with players like you and OP, you're so incredibly inflexible.You'd rather smash your head against a brick wall a thousand times then go around the wall. The positions you guys go to in your heavies/mediums/TDs are set in stone and there is no way in hell you'll ever take a different position. Doesn't matter if your IS-3 needs to face a Type 5 platoon alone you'll still go to the heavy flank and when you inevitably die you'll cry about bad team and bad MM. 

A friendly reminder, you're allowed to use the thing between your ears outside of work/school.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:20 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30558 battles

View PostWarzey, on 16 September 2017 - 02:10 AM, said:

A friendly reminder, you're allowed to use the thing between your ears outside of work/school.

+1

komunistu33 #11 Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:38 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8098 battles

View PostWarzey, on 16 September 2017 - 02:10 AM, said:

That's the problem with players like you and OP, you're so incredibly inflexible.You'd rather smash your head against a brick wall a thousand times then go around the wall. The positions you guys go to in your heavies/mediums/TDs are set in stone and there is no way in hell you'll ever take a different position. Doesn't matter if your IS-3 needs to face a Type 5 platoon alone you'll still go to the heavy flank and when you inevitably die you'll cry about bad team and bad MM. 

Or maybe assess that MM it broken and they are "actively" trying to fix it by balancing tanks in terms of class. It was broken before and they fixed it (with the 3-5-7 system) even though it was long overdue. Of course you can adapt and could adapt in the past when you were the only tier 8 on both teams in a borderline tier 11 game. Its about fairness and balance here. It isn't fair to get 3 times less heavies on a city map like Himmelsdorf for instance. Some players can't afford to adapt to Type 5 spam because spamming gold nets us -50-80k a game even if we win. 

It's all down to luck in the end, if you get a decent team that understands basic English you can win an if the enemy consists of window lickers. See:

Spoiler

Isharial #12 Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 20509 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postkomunistu33, on 15 September 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

How is this even remotely fair and balanced?

Spoiler

We got 4 heavy tanks, 3 tier 9 one a pseudo heavy (AMX 50 120) and a Kran, they got 9 heavy tanks. I got rushed and killed in the first minute, it was a steam roll. The MM could have taken 1 more second to re arrange the huge HP disparity.

lets put this in another perspective

why did you go to a hilly place, with a tank with no gun depression?

View PostUseless_Pathetic_Stupid, on 15 September 2017 - 11:12 PM, said:

and you think that simply balancing the specific tank is "balanced"?

you can balance team HP/Armour, but did you forget about crews, equipment and modules on the tanks? what about ping and PC they're playing on? how "balanced" do you think you idea would actually be? (here's a hint: no more than it currently is)

unless you plan on going seriously indepth to "balance" things, any attempt on balancing it would result in more of a failure than a success

just thought Id point that out.... oh and life isn't fair, niethers wot

Warzey #13 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 57424 battles
  • [GOOFY] GOOFY

View Postkomunistu33, on 16 September 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

Or maybe assess that MM it broken and they are "actively" trying to fix it by balancing tanks in terms of class. It was broken before and they fixed it (with the 3-5-7 system) even though it was long overdue. Of course you can adapt and could adapt in the past when you were the only tier 8 on both teams in a borderline tier 11 game. Its about fairness and balance here. It isn't fair to get 3 times less heavies on a city map like Himmelsdorf for instance. Some players can't afford to adapt to Type 5 spam because spamming gold nets us -50-80k a game even if we win. 

It's all down to luck in the end, if you get a decent team that understands basic English you can win an if the enemy consists of window lickers. See:

Spoiler

To be fair, that's a mid-low tier game, there are a lot of inexperienced players there, you kind of expect them to "play bad". 

As far as premium ammo is concerned, if you have enough credits to play a T10 tank, then you sure as hell have enough credits to fire a couple of premium rounds on a Type 5/Maus.

On a side note, I just had one of those games, a T10 only game on Westfield, our team has 4 heavies Maus, Type 5 and two IS-7, me being in one of those IS-7s and enemies have 6 heavies. I'm thinking, sure they have more tanks but it's not that much and there's no arty, I think we can hold them while our superior medium force wrecks them on the other side of the map. There's a friendly medium driving in front of us to do the initial spot and he spots all of their heavies coming our way plus all of their heavy TDs. Naturally I pulled back as fast as my tracks could carry me while pinging rest of the heavies to retreat. Of course friendly heavies didn't even [edited]blink, it was business as usual as far as they're concerned and of course they all died in a matter of seconds, they couldn't even be classified as a bump on the road. 

cro001 #14 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30366 battles
You could argue that isn't the problem of MM more than it is problem of bad balance overall. There's a reason why everyone likes Object 140.

ExclamationMark #15 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:36 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles

You are the kind of player that I hate. If you see the disadvantage, why the hell go there? Since there is little to no chance for you to win it in the first place.

And you're playing a T-10 ffs, one of the most flexible heavies, jesus.

Mimos_A #16 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:44 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24959 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

Especially on that map in the T-10 it shouldn't be a problem, just go to the other flank. You could have had a great game by utilising your team's advantage in mobility. It's your own decision to stubbornly go to a place you know you can't win.

There's some maps where it should be balanced IMHO, like Himmelsdorf, Paris and Pilsen, but on most maps I think the imbalance is fine as long as you use your brain and utilise your team's strengths.

Edited by Mimos_A, 16 September 2017 - 02:45 PM.

Bomblibu #17 Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35490 battles
  • [BOMBI] BOMBI

View PostExclamationMark, on 16 September 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

You are the kind of player that I hate. If you see the disadvantage, why the hell go there? Since there is little to no chance for you to win it in the first place.

And you're playing a T-10 ffs, one of the most flexible heavies, jesus.

That is that commonly accepted thinking that HT has to go to specific spot and nowhere else.

And if you go somwhere else or play differently then I often see in chat text like "Noob", "Idiot", "Delete game" :D

Nohe21 #18 Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:53 PM

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 910 battles
  • [WG_M] WG_M

*Thread closed. The has been many MM Threads already so we want discussions about this Topic to take place in the Main Pinned thread here in Gameplay:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/635504-matchmaking-discussion-thread/

Thank you.

Also tagged with mm, fail

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users