Any plans to update stock grinding to MM?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

topsickrat #1 Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16590 battles
Your usual whine post. It was always the most atrocious part of the game, but since you play 80% of the time against higher and same tiers only, some tanks became pretty much unplayable until they are fully upgraded. I mean like seriously. It is not the way wg is making any money, just a showcase of how much they hate new players (or players at all), it won't be any better just because i buy premium account, a real waste of time.
So are there any considerations about this?

sabre_ferret #2 Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:42 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18298 battles
  • [B1C] B1C
As long as you're not doing multiple lines at once, saving free XP up should be enough to minimise the number of games that you play stock.  Just prioritise what you actually rush to unlock. I agree, some tanks are unbearable and have horrifically long grinds where you are simply a waste of your tier's spot in the MM.  Is there a tank in particular that's annoyed you?    

Hedgehog1963 #3 Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:56 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50154 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View Posttopsickrat, on 15 September 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

Your usual whine post. It was always the most atrocious part of the game, but since you play 80% of the time against higher and same tiers only, some tanks became pretty much unplayable until they are fully upgraded. I mean like seriously. It is not the way wg is making any money, just a showcase of how much they hate new players (or players at all), it won't be any better just because i buy premium account, a real waste of time.
So are there any considerations about this?

Yes it is the way WG make money.  They want you to covert XP to free XP to buy the better tracks and gun.

They don't hate you.  It is just business.

topsickrat #4 Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:15 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16590 battles
It's like no, I actually throw money at the game if i enjoy it, to make things happen faster, not to make it less of a misery. If it would take 1000 normal games to get e.g. a new tank I would gladly buy premium, etc to make it only 750. But if i can only reduce 100 totally waste of games to 70, which are still totally waste, then I don't, until the point i get bored and stop playing it. easy-peasy
I pay if i want to say thanks to game developers, not if i hate something, I believe it is a pretty understandable way.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62806 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I agree that some stock grinds are bad in +2 games. But not always in equal tier games. Unless you make it bad for your self and only seek out targets you can't pen. As most are balanced to work as top tier at least. Well I say most, as it's usually equal at least to the elited tank one tier below. Then you have some like the St Emil that gets a worse stock gun vs the elite one on the Nashorn. Making the stock grind terrible, even tho the potential damage is almost 3x higher vs the top gun.

But then again, that's why they changed the MM spread. So you will always face more equal tier tanks, vs a horde of +2 tanks like before. So just be happy they made that easier at least.

topsickrat #6 Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16590 battles
Yep, this is what im talking about. I dont have problems being always bottom tier with good tanks, or playing a stock strv 103.
I have problems being bottom tier 70% of the time with stock st.emil, t25/2, t32, pershing, tigerII, etc.

Isharial #7 Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:37 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18327 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBalc0ra, on 16 September 2017 - 01:16 AM, said:

I agree that some stock grinds are bad in +2 games. But not always in equal tier games. Unless you make it bad for your self and only seek out targets you can't pen. As most are balanced to work as top tier at least. Well I say most, as it's usually equal at least to the elited tank one tier below. Then you have some like the St Emil that gets a worse stock gun vs the elite one on the Nashorn. Making the stock grind terrible, even tho the potential damage is almost 3x higher vs the top gun.

But then again, that's why they changed the MM spread. So you will always face more equal tier tanks, vs a horde of +2 tanks like before. So just be happy they made that easier at least.

the ARL V39 would like to speak to you!

I don't think that thing stock, even top tier, would be much cop.. it gets a T3 gun as standard and you can mount nothing else until you have done the tracks

it just screams free xp... imo that gun shouldn't even be an option, there's bad, and then there's "why?"

and the T3 gun most certainly fits into the "why" category!

Edited by Isharial, 16 September 2017 - 01:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users