Do you prefer how this game is after 9.18?

Updates 9.18 Arty Overpowered Premium premiums OP

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you prefer how this game is after 9.18? (135 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you prefer how this game is after 9.18?

1. Yes (49 votes [36.30%])

Percentage of vote: 36.30%

2. No (86 votes [63.70%])

Percentage of vote: 63.70%

Do you think that tanks like the Defender, Patiot & Liberte have had a bad effect upon the game?

1. They have been good for the game (5 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

2. They have been bad for the game (89 votes [65.93%])

Percentage of vote: 65.93%

3. I do not think it's good or bad we will have to adapt (41 votes [30.37%])

Percentage of vote: 30.37%

Vote Hide poll

Brodie_ #1 Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 69885 battles

I just thought that this would be an interesting poll to put up.

I will not really go into my feelings to much, about 9.18, apart from they are in general negative towards it.

I'm not sure what the result will be either.

But before the next patch go's live which I personaly think will be quite a popular one. I thought it would be an interesting question to ask.

Just thought I would add the premium tank one aswell.

As even though I did get a T26E5 myself, I do not think they have been good for the game in general.

Thank you for voting   :B

So many votes so fast! Thanks   :B

:bajan:

tajj7 #2 Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 22421 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Defender. Patriot etc. have nothing to do with 9.18.

Also arty is way way better than it was previously, I'll take the way less long shots and the like 200 damage hits with some stun to the 1k alpha hits and the much higher one shots than before.

The main problem with 9.18 is the MM, but not with the idea, the idea of the templates is fine but it's the priority it sets these games up that is problem and it's caused too many bottom tier games for lower tier tanks. 

They need to make the 3-5-7 templates lower priority than all tier and 5-10 match ups. 

Ilknur_Ibryam #3 Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10019 battles
As I was playing mostly light tanks, I believe it is all ruined for them right now. I really did have fun as -2 or -3 in MM in a light tank, as I knew I am doing my job as long as I have some spots going on and if I have done few shots in. Right now I am suppossed to carry games with them which completely contradicts with the play style I enjoy - to support. I am not good enough player and not good enough to carry. Also the view ranges got really ...ed up.

Sfinski #4 Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25962 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

The OP premiums, disaster of a "improved" MM and still broken and now more annoying than ever arties makes everything worse than it has ever been. 

They couldn't have f'd up the game more even if they had tried. (Not saying this is not them trying to ruin the game intentionally, as that's how it feels.)

Liviguy #5 Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11755 battles
Randoms are atrocious at the moment, not very enjoyable win, lose or draw. I'm only playing randoms until I unlock the tanks I need and train the crews up to a decent level, then it's clan wars for me. 

Edited by Liviguy, 16 September 2017 - 08:15 PM.

fryster_12 #6 Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 40091 battles
  • [U-L] U-L
The MM in 9.18 was brilliant but ever since they changed it to bring in the 3/5/7 it has been complete ****. The Defender has completely ruined Tier 8 Strongholds if the enemy has 4 of them or more it has a serious impact on gameplay. So I would love if the game was restored back to 9.18 yeah Defender would still be around but at least you won't be bottom tier 80% of the time when playing tier 8.

Brodie_ #7 Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 69885 battles

We all have our own views & problems with 9.18 & have am sure vented our spleens about them elsewhere!

I sort of realise this. 

I'm not looking for a any fights.

What I wanted to do was was ask a couple of simple questions, that will give WG. Some straightforward feedback before they can comfortably forget about 9.18!

The Premium question was an afterthought & obviously has nothing to do with 9.18.

Please think about balance WG! 

At the risk of starting an arty hater. Argument...

I would ask WG this! How many players were playing Arty?

How many are playing it now?

That is how many people you have pissed off!

Not to mention the VK28.01 which was among players that New! Some of the most fun this game had to offer!

They took away the fun...

Anyway!

Like I said!

We all have our different views & we are all certain that we are right in our own way!

Please look at the simple questions that are asked & respond how you wish...

Thank you for doing so,

All of you! Even the people that have different views to me...

Cheers

:bajan:

We are of course going to have to live with the OP premiums.

As now they have released them, they cannot unrelease them.

We shall have to adapt.

I am not currently an active clan player, but I was!

I hate to think how tanks like the Defender have messed tier 8 skirmish up.

Even members of FAME such as Shishx have said they have messed up skirmish.

Pandabird #8 Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:34 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31119 battles
  • [-WZ-] -WZ-
Quit playing that patch, simply had enough of the horrid mess-ups they kept rubbing all over the place, the smeared fecal stain of wg developers at work even infected my garage by making the mission windows an incomprihensible mess.

I'll return next week with the hopes 30vs30 battles count towards personal mission progress so i can farm that last spotting mission without grinding whatever gets it done the easiest.

ijskast #9 Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22794 battles
getting more and more annoyed by arty. If I quit playing, or play less in the future that is most definately the reason.

Brodie_ #10 Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:12 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 69885 battles

I am an unrepentant sky pig myself.(Pre 9.18)

Which some may hate.

But I find no enjoyment in the stun mechanic playing Arty.

I think it is far more irritating than how things were before.

Something that people that do not like arty often forget, is that we play all the other tanks aswell.

So we know exactly what it feels like being on the recieving end!

Stun is no fun for anyone!

Though the concept makes some sense.

It is not fun.

Lycopersicon #11 Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:16 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 10117 battles
No. Easier tier 3-4 matchmaking is probably good and apparantly most people like the revamped artillery, but the rest of the changes are imo purely negative. I quite hate the templated matchmaking, and the light tanks overhaul was just a disaster. There was nothing wrong with how light tanks worked previously, some "genius" was simply bored and felt like trampling around there for no reason, and created a mess that is worse than the previous state at all aspects.

Edited by Lycopersicon, 17 September 2017 - 04:31 PM.

Brodie_ #12 Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 69885 battles

I had put a lot of time into what were my tier 8 lights myself.

I used to love playing my T54 ltwt in skirmish.

I was initially excited by the tier X's

But what they gave us in the end left a sour taste in my mouth.

Used to love bombing around in my Ru at 80kph!

I have not felt like grinding for the tier X's at all.

The Ru 251 was actually a later tank than the fatty they gave us at tier X.

The thing I hated personally the most about 9.18 was the removal of the derp gun from the VK28.01.

Most people never understood it as you needed a good crew to make it really work.

I would rather have that with it's derp gun back than any of the tier X's!

I bet they were scared by what it could do to the then new Swedish TD's

It was so powerful in the right hands.

Edited by Brodie_, 17 September 2017 - 05:18 PM.

Bisquik #13 Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 376 battles
Templates are bad overall. The balancing factors in 9.18 were all good (even amount of tanks per tier and an even amount of tank types with a +1/-1 differential per team, etc.), but the templates have a negative controlling and restricting influence on the game.

Before 9.18 the matchmaker did a beautiful job of creating a wide variety of matches. Currently, we get the same boring and dull 3/5/7, 5/10, and all the same tier matches, game after game after game. And to top it off, you are bottom tier most of the time. It is becoming tedious. The previous MM was able to produce 136 different matches evenly spread across top, middle, and bottom tier games and players were able to enjoy evenly the challenges that each situation presented. Each game was different from the others which added unique challenges and excitement to the game.

Due to all of the other changes being made over the past year or so and the complaints of players and prominent content providers, I highly suspect that the template system was added as a way to increase revenue and not to help players. In the end, templates add nothing to our experience and have only taken away some of the better aspects of the game.

ZlatanArKung #14 Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:40 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1529 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Looks like most prefer pre 9.18

Bisquik #15 Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 376 battles

And right on cue, Aging Jedi posted this on You Tube:

HidesHisFace #16 Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16927 battles

The main problem is broken MM. 

Tier 8 tanks land at the bottom over 70% of the time. MORE THAN HALF of your games, you are an underdog. I don't mind challenge. But there is a fairly clear line between a challenge and unfair.

The idea of template 3/5/7 is good on paper only. In theory, more bottom tiers means the ridiculous situations like a single tier 8 in an otherwise tier 10 battle no longer happen and this also should mean that these bottom tiers have a greater chance of meeting their equals, even in bottom tier match.

It doesn't work.

Because of powercreep, the power difference even between a single tier is HUGE. 7 bottom tiers simply mean 7 XP pinatas for top and middle tiers. It also means, more tanks have to spam gold to do ANYTHING - which by the way, defeats the purpose of plenty of premium tanks - if you buy them as money makers, taking anything that ISN'T a high pen tank destroyer is simply dumb.

Artillery changes - one thing that was a plus actually.

OP premiums? Definitely negative - in new MM especially - preferential MM prems often land in single tier matchups now, and matched against these monstrosities - they can't compete. And stupid WG's policy prevents them from nerfing these OP tin cans. 

So... They can't directly nerf these tanks. They can, however buff anything around them - power creep is more prominent now than EVER in World of Tanks and it is butchering whatever illusion of balance we had before these OP premiums were introduced.

Velvet_Underground #17 Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:22 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22243 battles

View PostHidesHisFace, on 17 September 2017 - 09:10 PM, said:

The idea of template 3/5/7 is good on paper only. In theory, more bottom tiers means the ridiculous situations like a single tier 8 in an otherwise tier 10 battle no longer happen and this also should mean that these bottom tiers have a greater chance of meeting their equals, even in bottom tier match.

It doesn't work.

I'd argue that the template system is better than the other mm and improves the the life of bottom tiers (purely on a single game basis). The system pretty much fails due to WGs completly retarded idea to focus on three tier games instead of the same tier or 5-10 ones which obviously screws tier 8 over.

Bisquik #18 Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 376 battles

View PostVelvet_Underground, on 17 September 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

I'd argue that the template system is better than the other mm and improves the the life of bottom tiers (purely on a single game basis). The system pretty much fails due to WGs completly retarded idea to focus on three tier games instead of the same tier or 5-10 ones which obviously screws tier 8 over.

My issue with 5/10 or all the same tier matches is that they get boring after awhile. People don't watch sporting events because they are predictable. They watch them because they are unpredictable and that is exciting. A random +2/-2 MM adds more excitement and variety to the game, as long as those top, middle, and bottom tier matches are spread out more evenly to be fair to everyone.

HidesHisFace #19 Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16927 battles

View PostVelvet_Underground, on 17 September 2017 - 09:22 PM, said:

Yes and no... It is a mixed bag.

On one hand - you no longer see crap like a single tier 3 in a tier 4 and 5 match any more.

On the other hand, for most tiers, you land bottom tier 55-75% of the time, while before that, you used to be a top tier WAY more often, around 40-50% of the time. In such case, I'd argue that life of bottom tiers became worse, and by far - landing as an underdog in majority of games vs occasional bullcrap match - I'd take the old MM any day.

Edited by HidesHisFace, 17 September 2017 - 11:09 PM.

Brodie_ #20 Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 69885 battles

I Did realise fairly early on that tier 8 matchmaking was totally screwed.

I have played my tier 8 premiums a little bit. 

But my account is alright for silver right now.

They seem to be screwing the tier 8 prems to fire there gold right now.

I have been having a fantastic time in my charioteer recently because of it 

105mm tier 8 TD's with good 105mm laugh at tier. X!

So I have loved every tier X game I get in my charioteer recentky.

Cos it is great against anything!

They seem to try to manipulate their player Base in such an insulting manipulative manner right now.

& of course we are all so stupid( Because we waste or time playing computer games)

That we can he treated in that manner & cos we are so dumb cos we play computer games, that we will just roll over & lap up all the rubbish that they roll out!

Please tell me if you think I have gone to far with that statement?

Edited by Brodie_, 17 September 2017 - 11:15 PM.

Also tagged with Updates, 9.18, Arty, Overpowered, Premium, premiums, OP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users