When do you remove Paris from the rotation?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

japtank #1 Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27611 battles

Seriously?

Opt-out for maps should be in game for ages, how hard can it be?

Rati_Festa #2 Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40137 battles
I agree, terrible map.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62764 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

It's far from my most hated map. Highway, Pilsen and Stalingrad is higher up then that for me. As the only bad aspect about Paris is the field campers not reacting to anything, not 90% of the team only going 1 lane.

Isharial #4 Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18312 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

id rather they got rid of that fail map called fjords first

or maybe, it should stay because as much as you don't like it, there are others that do, and id rather see more maps, even if they are slightly bad, than less and less, eventually it'll be 1 map only... imagine how fun that will be for you then :sceptic:

ExclamationMark #5 Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:32 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16679 battles
If there was opt out for maps there would be 3 clickers per side on every single open map. Do you want that?

Isharial #6 Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18312 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostExclamationMark, on 16 September 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

If there was opt out for maps there would be 3 clickers per side on every single open map. Do you want that?

as much as this is directed hate towards arty players... I cant help but agree with it...

you would get maps that only see certain tanks.. that sounds "Nice" in reality, but it would be hell in the end

Mimos_A #7 Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21260 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
I don't care about an opt-out for certain maps. As long as Paris goes. I really, really hate that piece of crap. In anything but  well armoured tank your only realistic option is hold your panties until the heavies lose or win. The field is a complete joke unless your opponents are dumb enough to all get themselves spotted one by one.

Isharial #8 Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:59 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18312 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMimos_A, on 16 September 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

I don't care about an opt-out for certain maps. As long as Paris goes. I really, really hate that piece of crap. In anything but  well armoured tank your only realistic option is hold your panties until the heavies lose or win. The field is a complete joke unless your opponents are dumb enough to all get themselves spotted one by one.

id rather they left paris and removed fjords, its a map that literally craps on anyone without a turret... but I bet you love that map, see where im going with this?

we cant just remove a map because such and such doesn't like it so its crap

oh and, we should really be thanking wg for making these new maps, they may have bad parts but if the playerbase keeps hating like this, we wont get any new maps at all in the future

every action has a reaction

Edited by Isharial, 16 September 2017 - 04:00 PM.

Mimos_A #9 Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21260 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostIsharial, on 16 September 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

id rather they left paris and removed fjords, its a map that literally craps on anyone without a turret... but I bet you love that map, see where im going with this?

we cant just remove a map because such and such doesn't like it so its crap

oh and, we should really be thanking wg for making these new maps, they may have bad parts but if the playerbase keeps hating like this, we wont get any new maps at all in the future

I don't like Fjords much either, it has pretty limited options as well. But still, it has more to do than Paris. There's maps that I don't like and there are maps that are just bad design. Paris is the latter. So no, I don't see where you're going with this. Paris is literally nothing but corridors and a field that is completely useless... It is the single most braindead map in the game. It was a map made for a dumb gamemode they canceled, they should've dumped the map with the gamemode, not try to force it into randoms.

Edited by Mimos_A, 16 September 2017 - 04:05 PM.

Isharial #10 Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18312 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMimos_A, on 16 September 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

I don't like Fjords much either, it has pretty limited options as well. But still, it has more to do than Paris. So no, I don't see where you're going with this. Paris is literally nothing but corridors and a field that is completely useless... It is the single most braindead map in the game.

not really, you could say that about many maps, but that doesn't make the point any less or more right...

I admit there could be work done to it, like more cover in the grass area for advancement, but otherwise, there is something for all classes, unlike fjords which, as said, caters only for certain types of tank

my point being, its not that bad a map as it allows every class to do "something" just because a bunch of players don't see that doesn't make the map bad....

Edited by Isharial, 16 September 2017 - 04:06 PM.

Mimos_A #11 Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21260 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostIsharial, on 16 September 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

not really, you could say that about many maps, but that doesn't make the point any less or more right...

I admit there could be work done to it, like more cover in the grass area for advancement, but otherwise, there is something for all classes, unlike fjords which, as said, caters only for certain types of tank

my point being, its not that bad a map as it allows every class to do "something" just because a bunch of players don't see that doesn't make the map bad....

It does not allow every class to do something, that's the problem. When you have no frontal armour, all you can do is sit at the field and hope that either your armoured tanks win or the enemy is stupid enough to get spotted. If you're adventurous you might try the mid, hope you don't get spotted and maybe get some sideshots in. That's not "something" to do, that's an illusion of something to do. It was a map made for a brawlfest gamemode and it's cute they tried, but it never went beyond that.

Edited by Mimos_A, 16 September 2017 - 04:10 PM.

Garrolus #12 Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:23 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28432 battles
  • [322] 322

Paris, Pilsen, Stalingrad.. In fact, I don't think there's been a good new map since 7.5 or something. 

View PostIsharial, on 16 September 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

Imo, please do NOT bring in new maps, there's enough bad ones in rotation already.

xx984 #13 Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50839 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
Give every player the option to opt out of 3-2 maps at a time in the settings. like how you can disable Assault and Grand Battles. So i can opt out of maps like Erlenberg. Personally. Kharkov, Paris, Pilsen etc are some of my favourite maps in the entire game so id love to keep playing them, but people who dont like them can disable them. 

Isharial #14 Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18312 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGarrolus, on 16 September 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

Paris, Pilsen, Stalingrad.. In fact, I don't think there's been a good new map since 7.5 or something.

Imo, please do NOT bring in new maps, there's enough bad ones in rotation already.

fact is, we need some new maps to keep the game moving forward

WG will release good maps in time, but its certainly harder than it looks to give positions of useablility for 5 different tank classes with many separate playstyles within each class, as well as making it so that 1 cannot dominate a map

pilsen, paris, you know what they all have in common.. arty struggles on them, which is why they are made like corridors

we need new maps, but they need to remove the focus on nerfing arty

View Postxx984, on 16 September 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

Give every player the option to opt out of 3-2 maps at a time in the settings. like how you can disable Assault and Grand Battles. So i can opt out of maps like Erlenberg. Personally. Kharkov, Paris, Pilsen etc are some of my favourite maps in the entire game so id love to keep playing them, but people who dont like them can disable them.

eventually this kind of thing would boil down to "i don't like xxxx tank, give me option not to see" "i don't want to see xx tiers, give me option not to see"

sure, i like the idea, id love to cancel off that horrible pos that is fjords, but i think the blowback from allowing such would be the end of the game....

Mimos_A #15 Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21260 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostIsharial, on 16 September 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

WG will release good maps in time, but its certainly harder than it looks to give positions of useablility for 5 different tank classes with many separate playstyles within each class, as well as making it so that 1 cannot dominate a map

pilsen, paris, you know what they all have in common.. arty struggles on them, which is why they are made like corridors

I agree we need some new maps, the map rotation is very small to be honest. But I'd love it if they'd look back a bit more on their old good maps. I really don't understand the idea behind every map having to have a bit of everything. Heavies can function outside of cities, td's and lights don't need some random excuse for an "open field" stuck to the side of the map. What makes maps like Murovanka, Redshire, Malinovka, Karelia and even Ruinberg fun is that they're big enough and have several options for each tank, depending on specific strengths and how the match develops. Sure, they have some flaws, but at least they go beyond some straight corridors with a joke of a field stuck on.

Edited by Mimos_A, 16 September 2017 - 04:40 PM.

Garrolus #16 Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28432 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostIsharial, on 16 September 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

Actually it's not that difficult:

1. Dont wrap HT's in pillow.

2. Dont allow TD's to farm dmg in base.

3. Remove arty.

Voila!

Isharial #17 Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18312 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGarrolus, on 16 September 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

Actually it's not that difficult:

1. Dont wrap HT's in pillow.

2. Dont allow TD's to farm dmg in base.

3. Remove arty.

Voila!

1. fair enough, so maybe fiery salient?

2. oh so no open maps then like salient, back to city maps then....

3. oh and we need lots of buildings for cover....

end result, paris and pilsen

good job creating what you hate here...... :facepalm:

Isharial #18 Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18312 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMimos_A, on 16 September 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

I agree we need some new maps, the map rotation is very small to be honest. But I'd love it if they'd look back a bit more on their old good maps. I really don't understand the idea behind every map having to have a bit of everything. Heavies can function outside of cities, td's and lights don't need some random excuse for an "open field" stuck to the side of the map. What makes maps like Murovanka, Redshire, Malinovka, Karelia and even Ruinberg fun is that they're big enough and have several options for each tank, depending on specific strengths and how the match develops. Sure, they have some flaws, but at least they go beyond some straight corridors with a joke of a field stuck on.

bit of everything applies more or less to most of the maps that we have, even malinovka has a spot for each tank class! so there has to be some form of essence here

but all the maps you have noted here have some form of "spot" for each tank type, which is what im entirely saying here! we need more maps like those, im sorry if you read my post the other way!

Mimos_A #19 Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21260 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostIsharial, on 16 September 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

bit of everything applies more or less to most of the maps that we have, even malinovka has a spot for each tank class! so there has to be some form of essence here

but all the maps you have noted here have some form of "spot" for each tank type, which is what im entirely saying here! we need more maps like those, im sorry if you read my post the other way!

No, I completely agreed with you on this one, just wanted to elaborate that I don't understand why WG seemed to step into the "create town, stick on field, good map" strategy, when once upon a time they apparently knew how to stick together a good map. It seems like they fired everyone who actually played the game well and now only have tomato's in kv-1's and Maus's doing the balancing and map design. Apologies back if it seemed like I disagreed ;)

Edited by Mimos_A, 16 September 2017 - 05:03 PM.

theSwedishTankDriver #20 Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23356 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY
Soon, hopefully.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users